PDA

View Full Version : 'Arrivederci, Roma': Will Popular Democracy Bring Down The New World Order?

Mister D
11-04-2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.vdare.com/articles/arrivederci-roma-will-popular-democracy-bring-down-the-new-world-order

Will popular democracy bring down the New World Order?

A fair question. For Western peoples are growing increasingly reluctant to accept the sacrifices that the elites are imposing upon them to preserve that New World Order.

Political support for TARP, to rescue the financial system after the Lehman Brothers collapse, is being held against any Republican candidate who backed it. Germans and Northern Europeans are balking at any more bailouts of Club Med deadbeats.

Eighty-one members of David Cameron's party voted against him to demand a referendum on whether Britain should leave the European Union altogether, the worst Tory revolt ever against the EU.

Peter1469
11-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Don't forget the Iceland vote to tell the EU to screw off rather than to subsidize their bank bailouts!

Mister D
11-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Don't forget the Iceland vote to tell the EU to screw off rather than to subsidize their bank bailouts!

Good point!

Sometimes I think people forget it's there though. ;D

Conley
11-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Yes, how are things there now? How did that all turn out for them...I admit I sort of stopped following it.

Peter1469
11-08-2011, 09:11 AM
My wife spent a week there a couple of months ago, and I specifically instructed her to be on the look out for any blow-back from their vote. She reported back that she saw nothing. Of course she didn't try to get a loan from a local bank or anything like that.

Conley
11-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks Peter, I'm glad she didn't have to deal with any unrest.

We actually had a thread going about Iceland since it was the topic of one of Krugman's recent op-eds. They seem to have made it through relatively unscathed.

http://politirant.com/politics-in-general/key-lesson-from-iceland-crisis-is-'let-banks-fail'/

Peter1469
11-08-2011, 09:21 AM
The unrest there didn't last long. And it seemed to be focused on the parliament building. It is a rather ugly building, but there is a neat pond that is heated so the swans stick around all year.

MMC
11-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Theres a big difference with Italy. They are a major player. So this is going to hurt as either way the EU must await elections in Greece and now Italy. The EU cannot bailout Italy. They are one with major markets. So the EU would not have the money to bail them out. Only one that does are the ETF as they can Print money.

Peter1469
11-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Yes, Italy is a big player- the 3rd largest economy in the EU. But that doesn't have anything to do with whether it would be smart for Italians to say no to giving their money to bail out the banks and the governments. All of this debt must be deleveraged. Any attempt to shore it up with more debt will only add to the debt and kick the can down the road. The eventual crash will be harder.

donttread
01-08-2018, 04:22 PM
http://www.vdare.com/articles/arrivederci-roma-will-popular-democracy-bring-down-the-new-world-order

Will popular democracy bring down the New World Order?

A fair question. For Western peoples are growing increasingly reluctant to accept the sacrifices that the elites are imposing upon them to preserve that New World Order.

Political support for TARP, to rescue the financial system after the Lehman Brothers collapse, is being held against any Republican candidate who backed it. Germans and Northern Europeans are balking at any more bailouts of Club Med deadbeats.

Eighty-one members of David Cameron's party voted against him to demand a referendum on whether Britain should leave the European Union altogether, the worst Tory revolt ever against the EU.

Hopefully the growth of balls will start extending to our states

Chris
01-08-2018, 05:28 PM
And oldies but goldie thread.

We don't have popular democracy as our new social order, we have pretend democracy. Elite central planners tell us what we want and control what we do while we pretend to democratically control them.