PDA

View Full Version : The Duopoly's Stupid Partisan Blame Game

Robo
01-02-2019, 09:59 AM
If both sides of the political isle want something different and they won't vote to open the government back up unless they get what they want, why isn't a government shutdown equally blamed on both parties?

Oh wait! I'm sorry, I keep forgetting common sense is a non-starter in duopoly Dems & Repubs politics.

Silly me!!!!!!!!!

Peter1469
01-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Congress's most important function is to pass budgets annually. If they can't do that they need to all be replaced.

Chris
01-02-2019, 10:37 AM
I'm reading an article on Brazil Is About To Show The World How A Modern Democracy Collapses (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brazil-jair-bolsonaro-democracy-threat_us_5c2a30c5e4b08aaf7a929cbb).

It's interesting because

This is not exclusively a Brazilian phenomenon. Countries around the world, from Hungary to Turkey to the Philippines, have turned to noisy leaders who promise instant renewals and silver-bullet solutions under the banner of a right-wing, nativist “populism” ― the preferred term of news outlets, even though the key constituencies backing these candidates tend to comprise the nations’ elite.

Each major election has become, in part, a referendum on the state of global democracy as a whole. And each victory for a right-wing, anti-democratic figure has paved the way for a similar candidate in the next major election somewhere else.

Its theme is "Brazil is about to show the world how a modern democracy falls apart. ‘Democracy Hasn’t Delivered.’"

It's what we're seeing.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2019, 10:39 AM
This is all a reflection of "the will of the people", keep that in mind.

Voters own this because it's what they voted for

Robo
01-02-2019, 12:49 PM
They voted for 22 trillion $ of debt too, huh? Maybe we need to replace some voters?

Captain Obvious
01-02-2019, 01:14 PM
They voted for 22 trillion $ of debt too, huh? Maybe we need to replace some voters?

Yep, voters own every cent of it.

When all that drooling idiot voters can support is Trump and Rodham then they are getting what they deserve. Trump is currently running the office on the national credit card like Bammy did and if that's the best that idiot voters are willing to do they own it.

"Democracy" can never succeed, voters are too lazy and stupid

Chris
01-02-2019, 01:14 PM

If you believe the state represents the will of the people.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2019, 01:17 PM
If you believe the state represents the will of the people.

Doesn't matter, the state is a product of the people.

Chris
01-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Doesn't matter, the state is a product of the people.

Actually, no, it's not. Some people believe in Santy Clause too.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Actually, no, it's not. Some people believe in Santy Clause too.

Actually, yes it is.

Those idiot YouTube videos rotted your brain.

Peter1469
01-02-2019, 01:25 PM

When all that drooling idiot voters can support is Trump and Rodham then they are getting what they deserve. Trump is currently running the office on the national credit card like Bammy did and if that's the best that idiot voters are willing to do they own it.

The US has never tried democracy. It is a republic.

Chris
01-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Actually, yes it is.

Those idiot YouTube videos rotted your brain.

Because video--another stupid argument.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2019, 01:37 PM
The US has never tried democracy. It is a republic.

Yes, I know that. It's why I put it in quotes because everyone just loves to point that out.

We're not a direct representative democracy, I think most people already realize that at this point and for all intents and purposes "democracy" is the general term most often used.

Peter1469
01-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Yes, I know that. It's why I put it in quotes because everyone just loves to point that out.

We're not a direct representative democracy, I think most people already realize that at this point and for all intents and purposes "democracy" is the general term most often used.

And the US could not operate as a direct democracy. People are hardly interested enough to head to the polls for the limited elections that we have.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Because video--another stupid argument.

Yes, I know you're bored and have a lot of time on your hands and love watching pointless YouTube videos and picking arguments over trivial issues and engaging endless bickering.

I don't have the time or patience for that, go find someone elses time to waste.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2019, 01:46 PM
And the US could not operate as a direct democracy. People are hardly interested enough to head to the polls for the limited elections that we have.

I agree with that, it would be a disaster.

Captdon
01-02-2019, 01:55 PM

Except for you.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Except for you.

Now maybe you should understand why I withdrew from the voting ranks and don't vote anymore, it's a farce and a sham.

You "should" get that but you have difficulty with new and differing concepts so... good luck with that.

Chris
01-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Yes, I know you're bored and have a lot of time on your hands and love watching pointless YouTube videos and picking arguments over trivial issues and engaging endless bickering.

I don't have the time or patience for that, go find someone elses time to waste.

Another pointless, off-topic, idiotic post. Picking arguments over trivial issues, you mean like using videos?

Chris
01-02-2019, 02:52 PM

Is it? Barely 50% of eligible voters vote. Generally, less than 50% voted for any winner. Hardly 50% agree with the one they voted for. Yet the state represents the will of the people? I'll bet you thought the will of the people was a profound statement. I'll also bet you have no clue where that came from historically. You'd rather argue use of videos.

MisterVeritis
01-02-2019, 02:54 PM
Another pointless, off-topic, idiotic post. Picking arguments over trivial issues, you mean like using videos?
It is obvious he focuses on the trivial. It is a flaw. He cannot recover.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2019, 02:58 PM
There, you two bickering old fools pacify each other, leave me out of your timekill.

MisterVeritis
01-02-2019, 03:03 PM
There, you two bickering old fools pacify each other, leave me out of your timekill.
It is possible you won't live to reach my age. Likely, in fact.

Chris
01-02-2019, 03:05 PM

Yet you're the one bickering. You state and opinio, someone disagrees, you have no further argument to present, so you just bicker about nonsense, the use of videos, how much free time someone has--all irrelevant nonsensical bickering. You're the old man you bicker about.