PDA

View Full Version : Democrats' flip-flop on border security has everything to do with 2020

Chris
01-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Up front I'll say I'm against the wall as an economic waste but do understand some arguments for it. I am for stopping illegal immigration.

The following is just absurd flipflopping.

Those triggered by the source is Fox can ignore the facts.

Democrats' flip-flop on border security has everything to do with 2020 (and nothing to do with immigration) (https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democrats-flip-flop-on-border-security-has-everything-to-do-with-2020-and-nothing-to-do-with-immigration)

...In 2009, while speaking at Georgetown University, Sen. Schumer, D-NY, said “illegal immigration is wrong, plain and simple.” Indirectly referencing over 600 miles of border fence that had already been built, he literally claimed it was a “significant barrier to illegal immigration.” This is exactly President Trump’s position about completing the border wall, almost word for word.

Schumer is also on record, and on video, as having said, "One of the most effective things we do on the border is turn people back … they get up to the border and we find them and say, 'go home!’" Again, this is President Trump’s position, almost word for word.

House Minority Leader and incoming Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., also had a different position on borders. In 2008 she said, “Because we do need to address the issue of immigration and the challenge we have of undocumented people in our country. We certainly do not want any more coming in.”

Even Hillary Clinton, the Democratic frontrunner for president took a hard line on illegal immigration as late as 2014 saying, “We have to send a clear message that just because your child gets across the border, that doesn’t mean your child gets to stay. We don’t want to send a message that is contrary to our laws or encourage more children to make that dangerous journey.”

Nancy and Hillary sound a lot like President Trump, again almost verbatim.

In 2013 every single Democrat in the Senate — all 54 of them — voted for $46 billion in border security, which included 700 miles in border fencing. Yet today, the Democrats are willing to shut down the government over just $5 billion dollars.

...For President Trump this is a national security fight, but for the Democrats this is just another case of anti-Trump resistance. If he didn’t want any funding for border security, Democrats would probably insist on it. It’s all a game to them....

Peter1469
01-02-2019, 04:49 PM
It is telling that the dems are for open boarders when it suits them.

MisterVeritis
01-02-2019, 04:51 PM
Up front I'll say I'm against the wall as an economic waste but do understand some arguments for it. I am for stopping illegal immigration.

The following is just absurd flipflopping.

Those triggered by the source is Fox can ignore the facts.

Democrats' flip-flop on border security has everything to do with 2020 (and nothing to do with immigration) (https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democrats-flip-flop-on-border-security-has-everything-to-do-with-2020-and-nothing-to-do-with-immigration)
If the Democrats can keep the borders open long enough to bring in another couple of million undocumented voters they will never again lose a national election. This is about power. It does not matter if American citizens have to die.