PDA

View Full Version : Buchannan-Obama Has Hijacked the American Revolution

Mainecoons
01-25-2013, 09:54 AM
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/obama-has-hijacked-the-american-revolution/

Not my favorite source but I think Patrick makes some very salient points here.

Our “union,” Obama went on, was “founded on the principles of liberty and equality.”Nice prose – and transparent nonsense.
How could the American Union have been founded on the principle of equality, when “equality” is not mentioned in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights or the Federalist Papers? How could equality be a founding principle of a nation, six of whose 13 original states had legalized slavery, and five of whose first seven presidents owned slaves all their lives?
What Obama preached in his inaugural was not historical truth but progressive propaganda, an Orwellian rewrite of American history.

But if the nation did not establish equality of constitutional rights until the 1860s and equality of civil rights until the 1960s, how can Obama claim that “equality” has been the feature that “makes us American” and “binds this nation together.”
How can he say that our commitment to equality is what makes us “exceptional” – when every Western country believes in equal rights for all of its citizens, and it was the French Revolution, not ours, that elevated “egalite” to a founding principle.
And when he says equality “is the star that guides us still,” exactly what kind of equality is Obama talking about?
Answer: The equality of which Obama speaks is not an equality of rights but an equality of results, an idea that dates not to the Founding Fathers, who would have been appalled by the idea, but to the 1960s.

Buchanan is offering a real history lesson here, not that I think the liberal idiots here and elsewhere will learn anything from it.

Cigar
01-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Yep ... look at all the Hostages :laugh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/DainBramaged/untitled_zpsab426edd.jpg

Mainecoons
01-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Speaking of idiots, didn't take long for one to show up.

:rofl:

Pete7469
01-25-2013, 10:09 AM
This equality bullshit is way over the top. First of all we are not all equal. Some people are stupid, like Cigar for example. Some people are lazy, criminally insane, physically weak, or otherwise mentally warped, again like Cigar for an example.

The founders wanted everyone to be treated equally by the law, to be properly represented. Liberals have twisted it so that the stupid and lazy are elevated, while people with talent and drive are weighted down. This doesn't make anyone equal, it merely lowers the ceiling some people will never reach for.

zelmo1234
01-25-2013, 10:09 AM
He is just confused, Like Obama he knows that what every they are going to get, hs to dome in the befinning of this year.

The economy due to the impending implementation of Obamacare is going to hit the skids in the last quarter of the year, as people find out they will be lossing their jobs and healthcare, and many that will be moved to part time!

The Dems need the Republicans to make dramatic changes to the platform because it is likely that 2014 will be worse for them that 2010. if this is the case congress will not need the president to govern the nations as they will only need a few blue dog dems to override a presidential veto, and these votes will be easy to get from those dems that have to run in 2016

It is not the reepublican party that is in trouble, just like it was not the bemocratic party taht was in trouble in 2004

It is not likely that they ahve another minority in the wings that can rise to national prominance and Hilaries ?What difference does it make comment" of 4 dead americans is going to make it really difficult for here to get the nomination. I think there best bet would be to get Gov Christie to switch parties and run as a democrat! But then they would ahve a balanced budget, anti union, strong militray canidate with a republican house and Senate! Not likely a good combination for the DNC

Mainecoons
01-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Amigo, a good post but PLEASE use a spellchecker.

The point here that Buchannan is making is a simple one: Obama is full of BS when it comes to American History and he is deliberately twisting the meaning of the word "equality" as envisioned by the Founders and embraced by this nation until the progressive disease took hold and sent the country into irreversible decline.

Equality of Opportunity, the real American ideal that did take some time to implement as Buchannan correctly states, is a damn far place from Equality of Results which is only achievable by taking from one and giving to another. And that practice always results in discouraging the former and enslaving the latter so the end result is Poverty For All.

Except for the one percent who have made out like bandits under Barack Obama.

nic34
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
This equality bullshit is way over the top. First of all we are not all equal. Some people are stupid, like Cigar for example. Some people are lazy, criminally insane, physically weak, or otherwise mentally warped, again like Cigar for an example.

The founders wanted everyone to be treated equally by the law, to be properly represented. Liberals have twisted it so that the stupid and lazy are elevated, while people with talent and drive are weighted down. This doesn't make anyone equal, it merely lowers the ceiling some people will never reach for.

Nothing keeps you from your personal attacks, no sir!

Mainecoons
01-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Did you have the balls to read what Buchannan said? Do you understand your Messiah is lying about this country's history and its definition of equality?

Probably not.

BTW, when are you going to share with us your means of "ethically" making a living? :rofl:

Cigar
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Did you have the balls to read what Buchannan said? Do you understand your Messiah is lying about this country's history and its definition of equality?

Probably not.

BTW, when are you going to share with us your means of "ethically" making a living? :rofl:

Reading anything that dimwit writes gives me a headache

Mainecoons
01-25-2013, 11:04 AM
We know. You slept through history too. :rofl:

zelmo1234
01-25-2013, 11:19 AM
to all thase that suffer through my posts, I am not likely to spell check or proof read, Sorry for making you suffer through. I assure you that my brain likes to switch things around, But there is good news in site, I will be returning more and more to work as this stupid ankle heals, and will have less time to spend here! so you will not need to suffer as much!

nic34
01-25-2013, 11:21 AM
to all thase that suffer through my posts, I am not likely to spell check or proof read, Sorry for making you suffer through. I assure you that my brain likes to switch things around, But there is good news in site, I will be returning more and more to work as this stupid ankle heals, and will have less time to spend here! so you will not need to suffer as much!

Get well soon zel...