PDA

View Full Version : Don't be 'the stupid party' - Oops too late

Cigar
01-25-2013, 10:02 AM
http://images.politico.com/global/2013/01/24/130124_bobby_jindal_ap_605.jpg

Watch out, Washington: Bobby Jindal called Thursday on Republicans to take an ax to the federal government.

The Louisiana governor suggested “rethinking nearly every social program in Washington” in a speech to members of the Republican National Committee gathered here.

“If any rational human being were to create our government anew, today, from a blank piece of paper — we would have about one-fourth of the buildings we have in Washington and about half of the government workers,” he said, according to a copy of the speech obtained in advance by POLITICO. “We would replace most of its bureaucracy with a handful of good websites.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/jindal-gop-a-populist-party-86699.html#ixzz2J0314d8N

Well I do agree with that ... we need to get rid of lot of overhead.

Cigar
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM
"We've got to stop being the stupid party. It's time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults. We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I'm here to say we've had enough of that."

-- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R), quoted by the Washington Post.

BB-35
01-25-2013, 12:09 PM
more proof ceegar has no life...

Pete7469
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
more proof ceegar has no life...

Or brains...

Cigar
01-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the complement ... :laugh:

JackRuby
01-25-2013, 04:16 PM
I like Bobby Jindal personally. A guy I can roll with. However I like George Washington the best because he detested the very idea of political partys. Will this country every listen to anyone with a brain?

Jack

Pete7469
01-25-2013, 04:31 PM
I like Bobby Jindal personally. A guy I can roll with. However I like George Washington the best because he detested the very idea of political partys. Will this country every listen to anyone with a brain?

Jack

We can take some comfort that few people listen to guys like Cigar, who have no brain.

I'm a Marco Rubio fan so far, but Jindal is right up there.