PDA

View Full Version : New Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib Goes off on Trump: ‘We’re Going to Impeach the Mother

Peter1469
01-04-2019, 06:25 AM
New Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib Goes off on Trump: ‘We’re Going to Impeach the Motherf*cker!’ (https://www.mediaite.com/online/new-congresswoman-rashida-tlaib-goes-off-on-trump-were-going-to-impeach-the-motherfcker/)

Earlier in the day Tlaib gets sworn into Congress. Later at an event (seems to be of her supporters) she tells a crowd "We're going to go in and impeach the motherfucker."

:shocked:

Although with Trump's language, maybe this is acceptable now.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) — who was sworn in earlier Thursday — is coming out of the gate swinging at President Donald Trump.

According to accounts from multiple reporters, the new Congresswoman made a sharply-worded pledge to a crowd at a reception held by the progressive group MoveOn near Capitol Hill on Thursday night.

Axios’s Alexi McCammond reports that Tlaib quoted her son telling her, “Look mama you won. Bullies don’t win.” Tlaib reportedly replied, “You’re right, they don’t. And we’re gonna go in and impeach the motherfucker.”

The comments are amusing.

Hal Jordan
01-04-2019, 06:35 AM
New Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib Goes off on Trump: ‘We’re Going to Impeach the Motherf*cker!’ (https://www.mediaite.com/online/new-congresswoman-rashida-tlaib-goes-off-on-trump-were-going-to-impeach-the-motherfcker/)

Earlier in the day Tlaib gets sworn into Congress. Later at an event (seems to be of her supporters) she tells a crowd "We're going to go in and impeach the motherfucker."

The language doesn't bother me. The ignorance does. Impeach Trump, and you're left with Pence, who is far worse for the Democrats. Impeaching Trump would be the worst thing they could do, unless they could somehow get Pence too, which is highly unlikely.

Peter1469
01-04-2019, 06:56 AM
The language doesn't bother me. The ignorance does. Impeach Trump, and you're left with Pence, who is far worse for the Democrats. Impeaching Trump would be the worst thing they could do, unless they could somehow get Pence too, which is highly unlikely.
I don't think that they have anything to impeach Trump with. But you are right about Pence.

I am not sure how the legislative support staff is hired, but I assume that they have "career" feds (as opposed to political hires) who will let the new Congress-class what the law actually says.

Peter1469
01-04-2019, 06:56 AM
The language doesn't bother me, although were I in politics that would not be my style.

Hal Jordan
01-04-2019, 07:00 AM
I don't think that they have anything to impeach Trump with. But you are right about Pence.

I am not sure how the legislative support staff is hired, but I assume that they have "career" feds (as opposed to political hires) who will let the new Congress-class what the law actually says.I wasn't trying to say I thought thre was a case for impeaching Trump, but even if there was, it would be a bad move.

Speaking to sector 2814 via the ring.

Hal Jordan
01-04-2019, 07:03 AM
The language doesn't bother me, although were I in politics that would not be my style.Mine either, but I do hold the belief that there is no such thing as a bad word. With so little of our communication being the actual words used, tone and body language have far more weight than specific words.

Peter1469
01-04-2019, 07:06 AM
Mine either, but I do hold the belief that there is no such thing as a bad word. With so little of our communication being the actual words used, tone and body language have far more weight than specific words.

Agreed.

Common
01-04-2019, 07:41 AM
I disagree with Hal Jordan and public officials should be held to a standard of decorum we would want all children to strive for.

Can you even imagine a congress where every congressman/woman gets up and motherfucks every sentence and calls all their colleagues on the other side motherfuckers. Cmon Hal.

There should always be a level of decorum thats why most newstations bleep out swear words

IMPress Polly
01-04-2019, 07:41 AM

I actually disagree with this logic. I'd actually rather have Pence as president.

I also think you might've asked Gerald Ford about how well the VPs of presidents who find themselves removed from office fair electorally.

Really though, this is about he rule of law and whether someone should be above it just because they're the undemocratically-selected (i.e. lost the popular vote), unpopular president. This is literally the single most corrupt White House in American history. I'm telling you that as an American history major. There is nothing that compares. How many Trump officials now have resigned in disgrace after misappropriating taxpayer money, failing to disclose their conspiracies with hostile foreign governments, etc. etc.? This is the most scandal-ridden administration we've ever had before and that climate comes from somewhere. Let me suggest that it specifically comes from the top. It emanates from the person of Donald Trump himself: our first president to retain his business assets while holding the office of president (i.e. the first for-profit presidency). There are, in fact, what now, 17 different investigations into the president's own personal scandals to decipher whether they are even legal? I mean come on! There HAS to be some form of accountability for all that that's okay with you! It's not simply a matter of political opportunism. There is a moral issue here to be considered.

Peter1469
01-04-2019, 07:49 AM
I actually disagree with this logic. I'd actually rather have Pence as president.

I also think you might've asked Gerald Ford about how well the VPs of presidents who find themselves removed from office fair electorally.

Pence would not win re-election if he took over after an early Trump exit. The religious right is a minority of the GOP.

MMC
01-04-2019, 07:51 AM
This wasn't the only Deviate Democrat to jump off with the disrespect.

Rep. Hank Johnson Compares Trump to Hitler, Says His Supporters Are Uneducated and Have Short Lifespans (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2019/01/03/rep-hank-johnson-compares-trump-to-hitler-n2538437)

Remember this mope. This was the dumbass Democrat that thought Guam would tip over due overpopulation. Yet here this degenerate is talking about how Trump supporters aren't educated. That is some funny shit coming from a Democrat that lacks intelligence.

Democrats are deviates.....will always go deviate. Will always bring the disrespect from out of their pieholes. She thought that was cool that she called Trump a Motherfucker. Send that skank my way. I will be happy to show her how cool using profanity is. One thing is guaranteed.....she won't like how she is treated.

IMPress Polly
01-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Pence would not win re-election if he took over after an early Trump exit. The religious right is a minority of the GOP.

It's a minority of the public for sure (perhaps 25-30%), but are you sure it's a minority of Republicans?

DGUtley
01-04-2019, 08:04 AM
I actually disagree with this logic. I'd actually rather have Pence as president. I also think you might've asked Gerald Ford about how well the VPs of presidents who find themselves removed from office fair electorally.
Really though, this is about he rule of law and whether someone should be above it just because they're the undemocratically-selected (i.e. lost the popular vote), unpopular president. This is literally the single most corrupt White House in American history. I'm telling you that as an American history major. There is nothing that compares. How many Trump officials now have resigned in disgrace after misappropriating taxpayer money, failing to disclose their conspiracies with hostile foreign governments, etc. etc.? This is the most scandal-ridden administration we've ever had before and that climate comes from somewhere. Let me suggest that it specifically comes from the top. It emanates from the person of Donald Trump himself: our first president to retain his business assets while holding the office of president (i.e. the first for-profit presidency). There are, in fact, what now, 17 different investigations into the president's own personal scandals to decipher whether they are even legal? I mean come on! There HAS to be some form of accountability for all that that's okay with you! It's not simply a matter of political opportunism. There is a moral issue here to be considered.
I am all about the rule of law and I do not see where this President has violated any rule of law. I haven't seen any real scandals while he's been in office. All of his assets went into a trust. Yes it is revocable not irrevocable, but he's not going to be president forever. He hasn't violated any laws in this respect. The only think I didn't like was the hotel lease but that was all legal. I think it was unseemly, but not illegal. The Rule of Law has been followed here. The truth here is that he's disliked, stands up to the media and is harsh and polarizing. He promised to directly after Obama's agenda. That's not grounds to impeach anyone. Just remember, though, paybacks are a Pelosi. There's a long history in this country of the D's doing something and the R's turning it more so against them.

countryboy
01-04-2019, 08:05 AM

Maybe you should practice what you preach. All you've done is lay out the issued talking points, which have no basis in reality. What high crimes and misdemeanors has Trump committed? Be specific.

MMC
01-04-2019, 08:09 AM
I am all about the rule of law and I do not see where this President has violated any rule of law. I haven't seen any real scandals while he's been in office. All of his assets went into a trust. Yes it is revocable not irrevocable, but he's not going to be president forever. He hasn't violated any laws in this respect. The only think I didn't like was the hotel lease but that was all legal. I think it was unseemly, but not illegal. The Rule of Law has been followed here. The truth here is that he's disliked, stands up to the media and is harsh and polarizing. He promised to directly after Obama's agenda. That's not grounds to impeach anyone. Just remember, though, paybacks are a Pelosi. There's a long history in this country of the D's doing something and the R's turning it more so against them.

The Demos aren't concerned with the rule of law. They will react on allegation.

IMPress Polly
01-04-2019, 08:31 AM

He and his family members are literally still making money from his businesses right now, as I write this. In fact, they are currently managed actively by his own children. That's a pretty blatant violation of the emoluments clause, and we have seen many questionable developments in that connection, in the sense of foreign governments seeming to get policy favors and punishments in exchange for how their business relationships with Trump family members go (like the whole "let us sanction Qatar" episode for instance). That phenomenon is what I would consider to be a violation of the emoluments clause.

Trump has also now been implicated in multiple felonies related to a conspiracy to prevent unsavory news about a past affair from coming to light late in the 2016 presidential campaign, among other things.

More to the point, we also now have evidence that that famed September 2016 meeting in Prague to pay off Russian operatives for their work and make them quietly go away did, in fact, happen. To that end, I remain fully a believer in the Steele dossier. More and more of it keeps getting evidenced and even proven true. I mean formally we have to await Mueller's report, but I mean come on; most people believe that something illicit definitely happened here involving Trump himself. The only question for me is whether it was something that rises to the level of treason or not.

I'm not sure what you mean by "real scandals", but I think we could point to the resignations of characters ranging from Price to Pruitt to Zinke, all on the heels of criminal investigations, Carson's misappropriations, Mnuchin's over-the-top luxury flights at taxpayer's expense, and countless others now as clear evidence that an anything-goes culture of corruption exists within the Trump Administration. Others have resigned over scandals involving allegations of things like wife-beating even.

Peter1469
01-04-2019, 08:33 AM
It's a minority of the public for sure (perhaps 25-30%), but are you sure it's a minority of Republicans?

Yes. The GOP pats them on the head, says they will be antiabortion, then closes the doors and laughs at the religious right.

Chris
01-04-2019, 08:39 AM
He and his family members are literally still making money from his businesses right now, as I write this. In fact, they are currently managed actively by his own children. That's a pretty blatant violation of the emoluments clause, and we have seen many questionable developments in that connection, in the sense of foreign governments seeming to get policy favors and punishments in exchange for how their business relationships with Trump family members go (like the whole "let us sanction Qatar" episode for instance). That phenomenon is what I would consider to be a violation of the emoluments clause.

Trump has also now been implicated in multiple felonies related to a conspiracy to prevent unsavory news about a past affair from coming to light late in the 2016 presidential campaign, among other things.

More to the point, we also now have evidence that that famed September 2016 meeting in Prague to pay off Russian operatives for their work and make them quietly go away did, in fact, happen. To that end, I remain fully a believer in the Steele dossier. More and more of it keeps getting evidenced and even proven true. I mean formally we have to await Mueller's report, but I mean come on; most people believe that something illicit definitely happened here involving Trump himself. The only question for me is whether it was something that rises to the level of treason or not.

I'm not sure what you mean by "real scandals", but I think we could point to the resignations of characters ranging from Price to Pruitt to Zinke, all on the heels of criminal investigations, Carson's misappropriations, Mnuchin's over-the-top luxury flights at taxpayer's expense, and countless others now as clear evidence that an anything-goes culture of corruption exists within the Trump Administration. Others have resigned over scandals involving allegations of things like wife-beating even.

THe usual leftist litany of accusations and allegations.

Peter1469
01-04-2019, 08:41 AM
He and his family members are literally still making money from his businesses right now, as I write this. In fact, they are currently managed actively by his own children. That's a pretty blatant violation of the emoluments clause, No it isn't. Presidents, indeed all politicians do not need to divorce themselves from productive business careers.

and we have seen many questionable developments in that connection, in the sense of foreign governments seeming to get policy favors and punishments in exchange for how their business relationships with Trump family members go (like the whole "let us sanction Qatar" episode for instance). That phenomenon is what I would consider to be a violation of the emoluments clause. That would certainly be a legal problem, although not the emoluments clause. It would be the same as the Clinton Foundation and Sec. State Hillary.

None of those are crimes. In fact Stormy will be broke for life for violating her agreement with Trump to STFU.

Except all evidence points to Manifort not being anywhere near Prague at that time. The Steele "dossier" was opposition research from a person on an FBI black list (meaning they could not legally use him as an informant) that the FBI used as their only evidence at a FISA court to obtain permission to spy on an American citizen.

If you think golden showers (from a discredited source) are more important that FBI lies and scheming I am not sure what the point of the discussion is.

I'm not sure what you mean by "real scandals", but I think we could point to the resignations of characters ranging from Price to Pruitt to Zinke, all on the heels of criminal investigations, Carson's misappropriations, Mnuchin's over-the-top luxury flights at taxpayer's expense, and countless others now as clear evidence that an anything-goes culture of corruption exists within the Trump Administration.

Those are ethics investigation not criminal.

None of them have to do with actual crimes committed by the FBI and previous administration in their soft coup attempt against Trump.

DGUtley
01-04-2019, 08:44 AM

It is not a violation of the emoluments clause. As I indicated, he placed his assets in a trust. His children are running his business. All of this is legal. There is a tremendous amount of scholarly disagreement on whether the Presidency is an office of "Trust" or "Profit" - the type of office to which the emoluments clause applies. The law review articles I have read conclude that it is not, meaning that the emoluments clause does not apply to the President.

This is not illegal; and, if so, were not performed in office -- hence no basis for impeachment. Politicians bury unsavory news, even if it costs them. I settle cases (yes, even sexual assault cases) and insist on a confidentiality agreement. Parties are free to contract to do so in this country.

No, most people do not belief that "something illicit definitely happened here involving Trump himself". That is a talking point. Most people do not believe that anything happened and the famed "meeting" never happened. This is all make believe, as is the dossier. Regardless, even if it were, colluding with the Russians is not illegal (political suicide but not illegal) as I have said many times. Does it at all trouble you that we have a defendant in search of a crime? Usually we have a crime in search of a defendant. Remember, never take more power for yourself than you are willing to give to your mortal enemy. You want to take down this president b/c you don't like him, and claim some make believe crimes and scandals -- fine. As I've said before: Paybacks are a Pelosi.

I'm not sure what you mean by "real scandals", but I think we could point to the resignations of characters ranging from Price to Pruitt to Zinke, all on the heels of criminal investigations, Carson's misappropriations, Mnuchin's over-the-top luxury flights at taxpayer's expense, and countless others now as clear evidence that an anything-goes culture of corruption exists within the Trump Administration.
None of these were scandals. They may have been poor PR moves, but they weren't scandals. Now, the IRS giving taxpayer information to the DNC in the run-up to the 2012 election -- that was a scandal. The IRS targeting conservative organizations to silence same in the run up to the 2012 election -- that was a scandal. Luxury flights? Stupid, but hardly a scandal ala DC.

Safety
01-04-2019, 08:45 AM
I disagree with Hal Jordan and public officials should be held to a standard of decorum we would want all children to strive for.

Can you even imagine a congress where every congressman/woman gets up and motherfucks every sentence and calls all their colleagues on the other side motherfuckers. Cmon Hal.

There should always be a level of decorum thats why most newstations bleep out swear words

Did you vote for someone to be president that said “shithole”, what about prior to the election that was on tape saying he grabbed pussies? So either you are a hypocrite or you have the ability to overlook your personal convictions when the person is someone you like, which is it?

MMC
01-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Judge Daniels Dismisses Emoluments Case Against President ... (https://www.sdnyblog.com/judge-daniels-dismisses-emoluments-case-against-president-trump-on-standing-grounds/)www.sdnyblog.com › SDNY Blog (https://www.sdnyblog.com/category/sdny-blog/)[/URL]
Judge Daniels Dismisses Emoluments Case Against President Trump on Standing Grounds By Charles Michael on December 21, 2017 Posted in SDNY Blog In an opinion today, Judge Daniels dismissed on standing grounds a suit challenging President Trump’s business dealings under the so-called Foreign and Domestic Emoluments Clauses in the U.S …

D.C. bar loses case against Trump and his hotel - POLITICO (https://www.bing.com/search?q=SDNY%20loses%20case%20against%20Trump%20f or%20emoluments&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=sdny%20loses%20case%20against%20trump%20for%20e moluments&sc=0-44&sk=&cvid=BFB51F1E169B4643A0C3CE06DD5A0FAA#)https://[url]www.politico.com/.../26/dc-bar-trump-hotel-court-case-1017273
D.C. bar loses case against Trump and his hotel. ... no ruling has been issued on whether Trump’s business arrangements violate the Constitution’s ban on foreign emoluments. …

SDNY.....has been getting their Leftist asses stomped. This is good for the country. Shows the rest of the country just how Petty New Yorkers are.

Chris
01-04-2019, 09:12 AM

Disagree. Politicians are basically scum. Smooth-talking rhetoric just puts lipstick on a pig.

Peter1469
01-04-2019, 09:39 AM
No surprise- this is what I said would happen.

Judge Daniels Dismisses Emoluments Case Against President ... (https://www.sdnyblog.com/judge-daniels-dismisses-emoluments-case-against-president-trump-on-standing-grounds/)

www.sdnyblog.com › SDNY Blog (https://www.sdnyblog.com/category/sdny-blog/)
Judge Daniels Dismisses Emoluments Case Against President Trump on Standing Grounds By Charles Michael on December 21, 2017 Posted in SDNY Blog In an opinion today, Judge Daniels dismissed on standing grounds a suit challenging President Trump’s business dealings under the so-called Foreign and Domestic Emoluments Clauses in the U.S …

D.C. bar loses case against Trump and his hotel - POLITICO (https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/26/dc-bar-trump-hotel-court-case-1017273)

https://www.politico.com (http://www.politico.com)/.../26/dc-bar-trump-hotel-court-case-1017273
D.C. bar loses case against Trump and his hotel. ... no ruling has been issued on whether Trump’s business arrangements violate the Constitution’s ban on foreign emoluments. …

SDNY.....has been getting their Leftist asses stomped. This is good for the country. Shows the rest of the country just how Petty New Yorkers are.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 09:42 AM

Earlier in the day Tlaib gets sworn into Congress. Later at an event (seems to be of her supporters) she tells a crowd "We're going to go in and impeach the $#@!."

The Dems think it's okay when it's them. They don't have actual values.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 09:43 AM

I am not sure how the legislative support staff is hired, but I assume that they have "career" feds (as opposed to political hires) who will let the new Congress-class what the law actually says.

They can make up something if they choose. The courts have no right to intervene.

alexa
01-04-2019, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't have said it in her position, but her supporters probably don't care or like it, and the people who are having hissy fits over it would never vote for her anyway.

Peter1469
01-04-2019, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't have said it in her position, but her supporters probably don't care or like it, and the people who are having hissy fits over it would never vote for her anyway.
I would think any thoughts about her whatsoever from people who wouldn't vote for her, last a second or a tad bit longer.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 09:56 AM

You didn't learn much as a history major, did you?

Nixon had more aides and Cabinet officers placed in prison that all other Presidents together. Trump had one aide, Flynn, guilty in the eyes of the law. Trump fired him. Who else in the Trump administration has been found guilty of anything? How many have been accused?

Trump left control of his business. That what every wealthy President does. They place their business in trust. Trump gave up control. No real difference. Whatever influence he retains, and it is total, is no different than a trustee. A trustee does what a President wants done.

You are a history major? I've lived through this. You were rooked.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 10:02 AM

You make up stuff. There are never any facts to back up anything you say. You must think we're illiterates. This whole thing is happening right in front of us. Do you think we can't read? I don't think you can think or comprehend much.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 10:07 AM

But you don't say the same for Trump supporters. You a real hypocrite. Who's having a hissy fit. It is pointed out what hypocrisy you people use.

MisterVeritis
01-04-2019, 10:34 AM
I wasn't trying to say I thought thre was a case for impeaching Trump, but even if there was, it would be a bad move.

There are two reasons to impeach President Trump. Both involve waging war against Syria without congressional approval.

The Xl
01-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Trump has violated plenty of stuff, most notably, waging war without congressional approval, but he hasn't done anything uniquely criminal when compared to his contemporaries.

The Xl
01-04-2019, 11:21 AM
There are two reasons to impeach President Trump. Both involve waging war against Syria without congressional approval.

Boom. You nailed it here.

The Xl
01-04-2019, 11:25 AM

That's a weak case tbh, no offense. Trump and his family doesn't really stand to gain monetarily from him being in office, they're all set for life. Clinton, Obama, and their families came from relatively modest situations and parlayed their respective runs into vast amounts of wealth. They stood more to gain from being president.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2019, 11:26 AM
The language doesn't bother me, although were I in politics that would not be my style.

There can be a right time time and place for extreme obscene language, but she is not choosing the right time and place.

Many house Democrats are on the impeachment bandwagon right now. Pelosi knows that would damage her precious party for years. These new young socialist types might be a problem for her.

Lummy
01-04-2019, 11:34 AM

Trump has violated plenty of stuff, most notably, waging war without congressional approval, but he hasn't done anything uniquely criminal when compared to his contemporaries.

During my lifetime, Congress has never officially objected to wars conducted by a President, as far as I can remember.

Lummy
01-04-2019, 11:35 AM
Members have, but not Congress. I voted for one of them for president once: Sen George McGovern.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2019, 11:36 AM
He and his family members are literally still making money from his businesses right now, as I write this. In fact, they are currently managed actively by his own children. That's a pretty blatant violation of the emoluments clause,......

Incorrect. There is no violation of the emoluments clause. There is no law which says a president is required to give up all previously owned business interests.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2019, 11:39 AM

That could be a defendable position, but it would go nowhere because of the precedent it would set.

IMPress Polly
01-04-2019, 11:58 AM
Peter wrote:
Except all evidence points to Manifort not being anywhere near Prague at that time.

How about this recently-disclosed evidence (https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/investigations/article219016820.html) that a meeting did, in fact, happen? Mr. Cohen claims that he has never been to Prague in his life, yet it appears that, in reality, he has been there more than once and appears to have more specifically been there in September of 2016, right at the time that the Steele dossier suggests a meeting happened. Coincidence? Maybe. Probably not though, huh? I mean why else would he lie about the matter?

DGUtlety wrote:
None of these were scandals.

:rollseyes:

This is not illegal; and, if so, were not performed in office -- hence no basis for impeachment.

It most certainly is illegal, being as his motive was electoral. That is NOT legal! (https://www.ajc.com/news/national/trump-was-implicated-two-felonies-what-does-that-mean/vY6mqXkeISoXPpy79BmPrL/)

DGUtley
01-04-2019, 01:24 PM
How about this recently-disclosed evidence (https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/investigations/article219016820.html) that a meeting did, in fact, happen? Mr. Cohen claims that he has never been to Prague in his life, yet it appears that, in reality, he has been there more than once and appears to have more specifically been there in September of 2016, right at the time that the Steele dossier suggests a meeting happened. Coincidence? Maybe. Probably not though, huh? I mean why else would he lie about the matter?

No. Cohen denied it. His passport indicates he wasn't there.

Maybe we define scandal differently.

It most certainly is illegal, being as his motive was electoral. That is NOT legal! (https://www.ajc.com/news/national/trump-was-implicated-two-felonies-what-does-that-mean/vY6mqXkeISoXPpy79BmPrL/)

First of all, the allegations is that they were campaign contributions, not that the payment to keep quiet was illegal. Read your article. Second of all, it most certainly was not illegal to pay someone to keep quiet - even if his motive was electoral. Thirdly, I can't speak to the issue of a campaign violation, as I don't know. Read your article.

I get that you don't like him. That's ok. That's your right.

Green Arrow
01-04-2019, 01:25 PM

I’m not trying to be an ass, but as long as you support and defend Trump, you don’t really have any standing to complain about a lack of decorum. Trump is the king of no decorum.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2019, 01:46 PM
I’m not trying to be an ass, but as long as you support and defend Trump, you don’t really have any standing to complain about a lack of decorum. Trump is the king of no decorum.
Really? You have no issue with this kind of language being used by a congressman or senator when discussing which direction our government is heading?

Justifying or failing to condemn such language and conduct because of Trump's past statements is just another deflection.

Trump has made many cringe worthy comments during his presidential term, but nothing approaching her brand of gutter language

Tahuyaman
01-04-2019, 01:48 PM

No matter how much you complain, you can't make legal acts illegal.

DGUtley
01-04-2019, 02:16 PM

Not even if you say "most certainly"?

MMC
01-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Democrats’ foul-mouthed strategy and other comments (https://nypost.com/2017/04/11/democrats-foul-mouthed-strategy-and-other-comments/)https://nypost.com/2017/04/11/democrats-foul-mouthed-strategy-and...[/URL]
Democratic Chairman Tom Perez has charged that Republicans “don’t give a s— about people.” And New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand said that if Democrats can’t help people, “we should go …

Why Democrats Are Dropping More F-Bombs Than Ever ... (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Foul+mouth+Democrat+politicians+of+the+pa st&form=PRHPR1&src=IE11TR&pc=EUPP_HRTS#)https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/24/politicians...
Plus, when the Democratic Party is out of power and social commentary puts a premium on evisceration, introducing profanity messaging makes a certain amount of political sense.

Democrats Raise Eyebrows With Foul-Mouthed Rhetoric | Fox ... (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Foul+mouth+Democrat+politicians+of+the+pa st&form=PRHPR1&src=IE11TR&pc=EUPP_HRTS#)insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/12/democrats-foul-mouthed-message...perez
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) treated a crowd to a profanity-laced speech at the Personal Democracy Forum at New York University, which analyzes connections between politics, technology, and society.

Foul-mouthed Tennessee DEM spokesman: ‘F–k reaching out to ... (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Foul+mouth+Democrat+politicians+of+the+pa st&form=PRHPR1&src=IE11TR&pc=EUPP_HRTS#)https://thenationalsentinel.com/2018/07/28/foul-mouthed-tennessee...
Posted on July 28, 2018 in Democrats, Politics, President Donald Trump, States // 8 Comments Tweet ( National Sentinel ) Politically Incorrect: If you needed more proof that today’s Democratic Party has become infested with unhinged, foul-speaking losers, you can add this story to …

Hillary Clinton Screaming Obscenities and Throwing Objects ... (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Foul+mouth+Democrat+politicians+of+the+pa st&form=PRHPR1&src=IE11TR&pc=EUPP_HRTS#)https://[url]www.breitbart.com/politics/2016/11/15/hillary-clinton...
She has such a foul mouth that the Arkansas state troopers learned a thing or two from her. She has a foul mouth and a good throwing arm.” Politics Hillary Clinton National Anthem

The funny thing about the leftness is they forget History. Andrew Jackson.....was a foul mouthed Democrat. Democrats have always used profanity since their beginning. They also had no trouble bringing the disrespect to Republicans or their own within their primaries. So this is nothing new for their kind.

Deflecting to Trump is just that a deflection. Both Woodrow Wilson and FDR used profanity If they would have had the Lame Stream media today. As they are today.....they would have been busted out for the use of the N-word. Same with Johnson.

Still this disrespect is part of the Demo strategy for when they are not in power. The only reason they get away with the crap is due to Repubs saying nothing. Walking away, thinking they are taking the high road.

The Demos will learn there are now some New Breed Republicans that just wont put up with their disrespect.

Safety
01-04-2019, 02:38 PM
No surprise- this is what I said would happen.

The article is from 2017, almost two years ago.

Safety
01-04-2019, 02:42 PM

Let's just wait for the Mueller report, then we will see what actually happened. There is no use in arguing it on an internet forum, because nobody here knows the truth.

Common
01-04-2019, 03:14 PM
I m not trying to be an ass but the next time you and slew of other liberals on this forum say something positive about trump or what hes done or conservatives in general then Ill take your advice, until then

This woman is a low class pos and thats alot nicer than what liberals call trump, I was being kind

Captain Obvious
01-04-2019, 03:36 PM
That wasn't very Muslim of her.

Chris
01-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Let's just wait for the Mueller report, then we will see what actually happened. There is no use in arguing it on an internet forum, because nobody here knows the truth.

Wow, you said something true!!

https://i.postimg.cc/B6mFs9ch/giphy.gif

MMC
01-04-2019, 03:54 PM
UPDATE: Of course, the press was going to ask her questions about this, but the congresswoman decided to run away:

Bo Erickson @BoKnowsNews
(https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews)

.@RashidaTlaib (https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib) would not address her comment last night that she wants to “impeach the motherf**cker”

Ben Jacobs
✔ @Bencjacobs
(https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs)

Rashida Tlaib fled from reporters today and refused to answer questions about her comments about President Trump as a staffer shielded her and simply said to call her officer......snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/01/04/freshman-democrat-on-trump-were-gonna-impeach-the-motherfker-n2538494

As usual for a Democrat. Once the Press does get up the nerve to ask questions. She ran from them.

Jeb!
01-04-2019, 03:55 PM

You mean she's in a non-consanguineous relationship?

alexa
01-04-2019, 04:26 PM
But you don't say the same for Trump supporters. You a real hypocrite. Who's having a hissy fit. It is pointed out what hypocrisy you people use.
If you put this in to English, I'll attempt to respond.

Trump supporters, by and large, are either stupid or scum bags.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2019, 04:52 PM

It looked like the English language to me. There was a grammatical error, but that didn't alter his meaning. There were errors in punctuation in your comment too, but who cares?

So, you might want to rethink your parting comment.

MisterVeritis
01-04-2019, 05:04 PM
During my lifetime, Congress has never officially objected to wars conducted by a President, as far as I can remember.
While true your comment is not relevant. :grin:

Common Sense
01-04-2019, 05:07 PM
I don't think impeachment is a good idea. Let the motherfucker fuck up on his own.

alexa
01-04-2019, 05:17 PM
It looked like the English language to me. There was a grammatical error, but that didn't alter his meaning. There were errors in punctuation in your comment too, but who cares?

So, you might want to rethink your parting comment.

Thanks, Cliff.

Safety
01-04-2019, 06:00 PM
Wow, you said something true!!

https://i.postimg.cc/B6mFs9ch/giphy.gif

Wow, you’re still obnoxious and a waste of bandwidth.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 07:27 PM

No, Polly. You are just a foolish liberal.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 07:28 PM

The thing you want to ignore is that you liberals are no better. You want from Trump what you don't do yourselves.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 07:29 PM

With Polly, it's the complaint that matters.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 07:32 PM

You are a douche-nozzle. You never have anything intelligent to say and you say it too much.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 07:34 PM

into, not in to. You fucked this up, didn't you?

Captain Obvious
01-04-2019, 07:36 PM
You are a douche-nozzle. You never have anything intelligent to say and you say it too much.

into, not in to. You fucked this up, didn't you?

"Douche nozzle", just saying

Captdon
01-04-2019, 07:53 PM

Actually, she is a Muslim in name only. She can't be a politician, wear western clothes and be around unrelated men. I don't care but she is not a Muslim except by name. No different than non-religious Jews and cafeteria Christians.
I'd add desert Druids too.

Captdon
01-04-2019, 07:58 PM
"Douche nozzle", just saying

Really? Hmm, douche-nozzle.Douche nozzle. I guess you're right. Alexa is a douche nozzle. Yea, that's it.

Thanks.

Captain Obvious
01-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Actually, she is a Muslim in name only. She can't be a politician, wear western clothes and be around unrelated men. I don't care but she is not a Muslim except by name. No different than non-religious Jews and cafeteria Christians.
I'd add desert Druids too.

I kinda figured that out after seeing her go all millennial snowflake cun.. cu... you know.

Yeah she's that.

Green Arrow
01-04-2019, 08:13 PM
Really? You have no issue with this kind of language being used by a congressman or senator when discussing which direction our government is heading?

Justifying or failing to condemn such language and conduct because of Trump's past statements is just another deflection.

Trump has made many cringe worthy comments during his presidential term, but nothing approaching her brand of gutter language

I don’t care, no. We’re all adults and none of us are pure of mouth. She didn’t say it on the floor of Congress. I don’t see what the big deal is.

Green Arrow
01-04-2019, 08:15 PM
I m not trying to be an ass but the next time you and slew of other liberals on this forum say something positive about trump or what hes done or conservatives in general then Ill take your advice, until then

This woman is a low class pos and thats alot nicer than what liberals call trump, I was being kind

I’ve said positive things about Trump. At the time I applauded his pick of both Ryan Zinke and James Mattis to head the Department of the Interior and Defense Department, respectively. I applauded his criminal justice reform efforts. I applauded his decision to pull troops from Syria.

This excuse is old and tired, so we can move on from it.

Green Arrow
01-04-2019, 08:19 PM
The thing you want to ignore is that you liberals are no better. You want from Trump what you don't do yourselves.
On the contrary, I’ve never held Trump to a different standard than I hold any other politician. I wouldn’t give two fucks about his own vulgarity if his supporters weren’t crying about the vulgarity of others.

Tahuyaman
01-05-2019, 12:58 AM
I don’t care, no. We’re all adults and none of us are pure of mouth. She didn’t say it on the floor of Congress. I don’t see what the big deal is.
And Trump didn’t talk about pussy grabbing in the White House, but that outraged you.

Green Arrow
01-05-2019, 01:15 AM
And Trump didn’t talk about pussy grabbing in the White House, but that outraged you.

Not really, no. It wasn’t “grab ‘em by the pussy” that bothered me, it was the fact that it was said in the context of bragging about sexually assaulting women. He can say pussy all day long and I don’t care.

donttread
01-05-2019, 12:13 PM

She knows they cannot impeach Trump. She's just stirring up the base with bullshit. So she is in fact a real politician.

MMC
01-05-2019, 01:23 PM
On the contrary, I’ve never held Trump to a different standard than I hold any other politician. I wouldn’t give two fucks about his own vulgarity if his supporters weren’t crying about the vulgarity of others.

Evidently you don't know the difference between crying and mocking those that didn't say shit about their kind being vulgar before Trump came around.

Crying, whining, sniveling. Those are leftist traits. Part of their victim status as to what they were created as. Just because Trump supporters are good with treating the left like they treat others doesn't mean the Trump supporters started any trend. The Trend with vulgarity and bringing the disrespect was started by your kind.....leftists.

All due to Repubs taking the high road and allowing your kind to get away with the shit in the first place.

Now there are Repubs that wont allow your kind to get away with the shit. Hence your kind always running from those type of Republicans.

Green Arrow
01-05-2019, 01:45 PM
Evidently you don't know the difference between crying and mocking those that didn't say shit about their kind being vulgar before Trump came around.

Crying, whining, sniveling. Those are leftist traits. Part of their victim status as to what they were created as. Just because Trump supporters are good with treating the left like they treat others doesn't mean the Trump supporters started any trend. The Trend with vulgarity and bringing the disrespect was started by your kind.....leftists.

All due to Repubs taking the high road and allowing your kind to get away with the shit in the first place.

Now there are Repubs that wont allow your kind to get away with the shit. Hence your kind always running from those type of Republicans.

Please. Republicans don't even know what the high road is, and never have. Stop being a partisan hack.

MMC
01-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Please. Republicans don't even know what the high road is, and never have. Stop being a partisan hack.

That's a crock of shit. The Repubs have always walked away from the disrespect brought their way by Democrats. Rather than return fire they just let it go. Which then the Demos and your kind continued on with the disrespect, knowing the Repubs wouldn't say shit.

Granted the Repubs knew if they returned fire that the Demos would run to their propaganda machine playing victim. They should have adopted the mentality of who cares. Or fuck them. Once the Demos learn they bring the disrespect and that they will receive ten times more. They would have watched what they were saying. Wouldn't have been so eager to come with the diss.

But that's alright.....now they will learn it the hardway.

Green Arrow
01-05-2019, 02:03 PM
That's a crock of shit. The Repubs have always walked away from the disrespect brought their way by Democrats. Rather than return fire they just let it go. Which then the Demos and your kind continued on with the disrespect, knowing the Repubs wouldn't say shit.

Granted the Repubs knew if they returned fire that the Demos would run to their propaganda machine playing victim. They should have adopted the mentality of who cares. Or fuck them. Once the Demos learn they bring the disrespect and that they will receive ten times more. They would have watched what they were saying. Wouldn't have been so eager to come with the diss.

But that's alright.....now they will learn it the hardway.

Now, now, MMC, watch your language. We wouldn't want to upset the elderly.

I can find almost no examples of Republicans being pure as the driven snow. Would you mind proving your claim for me, good sir?

MMC
01-05-2019, 02:16 PM
Now, now, MMC, watch your language. We wouldn't want to upset the elderly.

I can find almost no examples of Republicans being pure as the driven snow. Would you mind proving your claim for me, good sir?

Who said Repub were pure as driven snow. Can you link up what Repubs were running around in front of the cameras and calling the Demos enemies. Talking about they are just like Iranians. Like the Demos were doing to the Repubs.

Moreover explain how the oldest party in the US wasn't using the same tactics when their Party Started. Start with Andrew Jackson and his mouth.

Green Arrow
01-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Who said Repub were pure as driven snow. Can you link up what Repubs were running around in front of the cameras and calling the Demos enemies. Talking about they are just like Iranians. Like the Demos were doing to the Repubs.

Moreover explain how the oldest party in the US wasn't using the same tactics when their Party Started. Start with Andrew Jackson and his mouth.

Come now, MMC. I never claimed the Democrats were perfect. You, however, did claim that the Republicans were perfect in their response until they just got so damn - oops, sorry, darn - fed up with those scurrilous Democrats and their surely-influenced-by-the-devil tongues.

MMC
01-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Come now, MMC. I never claimed the Democrats were perfect. You, however, did claim that the Republicans were perfect in their response until they just got so damn - oops, sorry, darn - fed up with those scurrilous Democrats and their surely-influenced-by-the-devil tongues.

They (Repubs) didn't get fed up.....they didn't deal with it. Ran from the confrontation. Never said anything. Avoided and or tried to ignore. Hence why the Demos kept on with the tactic.

Coming up a very few Repubs who might have gone vocal was far and very few. Even going back to FDR or Wilson.

Captdon
01-05-2019, 02:27 PM

But when Trump says it you go all TDS on us.

Green Arrow
01-05-2019, 02:32 PM
But when Trump says it you go all TDS on us.

Really? Where?

I can point to times where I criticized the point of his comments, but not the specific words.

Green Arrow
01-05-2019, 02:32 PM
They (Repubs) didn't get fed up.....they didn't deal with it. Ran from the confrontation. Never said anything. Avoided and or tried to ignore. Hence why the Demos kept on with the tactic.

Coming up a very few Repubs who might have gone vocal was far and very few. Even going back to FDR or Wilson.

So you should have some examples if it went back that far, right?

MMC
01-05-2019, 02:38 PM
So you should have some examples if it went back that far, right?
Yeah with the Repubs....back to Grant and especially when he was drunk. But then he didn't have any problem calling other Repubs names or bringing the disrespect their way.

Again....link up what Repubs ran in front of the cameras calling the Democrats the enemy. You don't have to go that far back with the Demos at all. You can go Right to 2016 and Hillary's big mouth and her disrespect.

Oh and it not like it is a majority of Repubs getting out there with the namecalling. But then you already know this. Otherwise you would have been linking that shit up.

Were you looking to play the moral equivalency card?

MMC
01-06-2019, 05:27 PM
On Day Two, Tlaib's Colleagues Are Already Furious With Her.....

Rep. Rashida Tlaib's (D-MI) had not even clocked in a full 24 hours as a congresswoman before making enemies in Washington, including several in her own party. On Thursday night, hours after being sworn in to the 116th Congress, Tlaib grabbed a microphone and pledged to impeach President Trump, whom she referred to as a "mother f***er."

Veterans Democrats in the House noted how...unhelpful her little speech was.

If only the Democratic leadership took such a strong stance on Tlaib's language. When asked to respond to the freshman representative's comments, the best Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi could come up with (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/01/04/pelosi-on-congresswomans-impeach-motherfker-trump-comments-im-not-in-the-n2538515) was, "I'm not in the censorship business," before pivoting to criticize President Trump's language.

"Generationally, that would not be language I would use, but nonetheless, I don’t think we should make a big deal of it," Pelosi said, adding that what Tlaib said was "nothing worse" than what's come out of the president's mouth......snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/01/05/on-day-two-tlaibs-colleagues-are-already-furious-with-her-n2538523

As usual Pelosi.....deflects to Trump. Despite other Demos being appalled at the remarks.

Green Arrow
01-06-2019, 06:38 PM

Rep. Rashida Tlaib's (D-MI) had not even clocked in a full 24 hours as a congresswoman before making enemies in Washington, including several in her own party. On Thursday night, hours after being sworn in to the 116th Congress, Tlaib grabbed a microphone and pledged to impeach President Trump, whom she referred to as a "mother f***er."

If only the Democratic leadership took such a strong stance on Tlaib's language. When asked to respond to the freshman representative's comments, the best Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi could come up with (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/01/04/pelosi-on-congresswomans-impeach-motherfker-trump-comments-im-not-in-the-n2538515) was, "I'm not in the censorship business," before pivoting to criticize President Trump's language.

"Generationally, that would not be language I would use, but nonetheless, I don’t think we should make a big deal of it," Pelosi said, adding that what Tlaib said was "nothing worse" than what's come out of the president's mouth......snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/01/05/on-day-two-tlaibs-colleagues-are-already-furious-with-her-n2538523

As usual Pelosi.....deflects to Trump. Despite other Demos being appalled at the remarks.

They are appalled because she brought up impeachment when establishment Democrats want nothing to do with it yet. Nobody gives a shit that she said "motherfucker" outside of hypocrite conservatives.

MMC
01-06-2019, 07:24 PM
They are appalled because she brought up impeachment when establishment Democrats want nothing to do with it yet. Nobody gives a shit that she said "motherfucker" outside of hypocrite conservatives.

Joe Manchin: 'I want to apologize to all Americans' for freshman Democrat's 'impeach the motherf--ker' remark
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said he wants to apologize for a freshman Democrat's profane comment on impeaching President Trump.

Appearing on Fox News on Friday, Manchin called Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib's choice of words "deplorable." …..snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...erf-ker-remark (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/joe-manchin-i-want-to-apologize-to-all-americans-for-freshman-democrats-impeach-the-motherf-ker-remark)

Well you are Right. Joe Manchin is a nobody. :laugh:

Green Arrow
01-06-2019, 07:38 PM
Joe Manchin: 'I want to apologize to all Americans' for freshman Democrat's 'impeach the motherf--ker' remark
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said he wants to apologize for a freshman Democrat's profane comment on impeaching President Trump.

Appearing on Fox News on Friday, Manchin called Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib's choice of words "deplorable." …..snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...erf-ker-remark (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/joe-manchin-i-want-to-apologize-to-all-americans-for-freshman-democrats-impeach-the-motherf-ker-remark)

Well you are Right. Joe Manchin is a nobody. :laugh:

Joe Manchin is a Democrat in a hard Republican state trying desperately to hold on to power.

MMC
01-06-2019, 08:02 PM
Joe Manchin is a Democrat in a hard Republican state trying desperately to hold on to power.

Obviously a nobody as you said. :grin:

Green Arrow
01-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Obviously a nobody as you said. :grin:

Well, yeah, he pretty much is. Hasn't really accomplished much, had to completely change his entire persona just to barely hold on to his seat.

Let's be honest, the only reason YOU give a shit about him is he's parroting your own position right now.

MMC
01-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Well, yeah, he pretty much is. Hasn't really accomplished much, had to completely change his entire persona just to barely hold on to his seat.

Let's be honest, the only reason YOU give a shit about him is he's parroting your own position right now.

Actually the only reason he is relevant at this moment is.....that he proves you wrong. Of course Elijah Cummings saying her comment was inappropriate would have worked too.

But I figured I didn't need to show you 2 of your nobodies.

Green Arrow
01-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Actually the only reason he is relevant at this moment is.....that he proves you wrong. Of course Elijah Cummings saying her comment was inappropriate would have worked too.

But I figured I didn't need to show you 2 of your nobodies.

Well, try harder because I'm still correct. They are all concerned about the political implications of her calling for impeachment. Masking that behind the word "motherfucker" doesn't change the fact that they are pissed off that she's jumping the gun to impeachment when their strategy avoids impeachment altogether.

If you want to be naive enough to believe that on this one sole issue Democrats are suddenly honest, that's your fault.

Peter1469
01-06-2019, 08:51 PM

Behind closed doors Pelosi is probably making her feelings known.

Tahuyaman
01-06-2019, 09:14 PM
New Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib Goes off on Trump: ‘We’re Going to Impeach the Mother
Speaking for myself, I hope these new socialist leaning Democrats continue on this course. I encourage this kind of conduct.

Tahuyaman
01-06-2019, 09:16 PM
I’m sure she’s a proponent of impeachment. But then she’s exoerienced enough to know it would kill the Democratic Party for the short to near term.

Captain Obvious
01-06-2019, 09:19 PM
I’m sure she’s a proponent of impeachment. But then she’s exoerienced enough to know it would kill the Democratic Party for the short to near term.

Pelosi and Democratic Leaders Tread Carefully on Impeachment
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-06/pelosi-and-democratic-leaders-tread-carefully-on-impeachment

Green Arrow
01-06-2019, 09:22 PM

The last thing Pelosi wants is impeachment. She views Trump as a gift from heaven. Now that she controls the House again, she can put her knowledge of political power to work. Trump is a novice, he doesn't know what he's doing. So far, she's been outmaneuvering him.

I loathe Pelosi, but she's good at what she does, and that's maintaining her own power.

Peter1469
01-06-2019, 09:23 PM
I expect she knows impeachment would be a disaster for the dems. But I also thinks that Trump being Trump will hurt the GOP in 2020.

Mister D
01-06-2019, 09:23 PM
Generationally? Lol

Captain Obvious
01-06-2019, 09:25 PM
Generationally? Lol

Do the math there.

So GW/Bammy/Trump are running the nation on a credit card - what generation pays for that? Voter perspective?

Millennials... that's reassuring, no?

Tahuyaman
01-06-2019, 09:29 PM
I expect she knows impeachment would be a disaster for the dems. But I also thinks that Trump being Trump will hurt the GOP in 2020. I can’t disagree.

Tahuyaman
01-06-2019, 09:31 PM
The last thing Pelosi wants is impeachment. She views Trump as a gift from heaven. Now that she controls the House again, she can put her knowledge of political power to work. Trump is a novice, he doesn't know what he's doing. So far, she's been outmaneuvering him.

I loathe Pelosi, but she's good at what she does, and that's maintaining her own power.

I think she supports impeachment but is too cowardly to admit it publicly.

Mister D
01-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Do the math there.

So GW/Bammy/Trump are running the nation on a credit card - what generation pays for that? Voter perspective?

Millennials... that's reassuring, no?

I was talking about Pelosi's comment about language.

Captain Obvious
01-06-2019, 09:34 PM
I was talking about Pelosi's comment about language.
ok but still

Mister D
01-06-2019, 09:48 PM
ok but still

I don't disagree but, as we discussed earlier, the problem is much deeper than many of us are willing to admit. I suspect that those who identify as millennials are just as delusional as their hippie forebears if they think they're going to march in and change things.

MMC
01-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Well, try harder because I'm still correct. They are all concerned about the political implications of her calling for impeachment. Masking that behind the word "motherfucker" doesn't change the fact that they are pissed off that she's jumping the gun to impeachment when their strategy avoids impeachment altogether.

If you want to be naive enough to believe that on this one sole issue Democrats are suddenly honest, that's your fault.

No you weren't correct as you said nobody. When there is in fact a couple of bodies. That stepped up and called her out for her use of language. Trying to play on the impeachment doesn't work. If you would have read the link the Demo that actually wrote up articles of Impeachment on Trump also called her out. Talking about respecting the Office of the Presidency.

There is no coming back to save face. You said Nobody. Now you were shown there were a few of those Nobodies that you say didn't exist. Face the fact.....you were wrong. Once again.

MMC
01-07-2019, 08:21 AM
She is definitely dancing with the prospect. But she also knows.....the Demos better have direct evidence and a solid surefire case. If not.....Trump wins re-election and gets the House back.

MMC
01-07-2019, 08:23 AM
I expect she knows impeachment would be a disaster for the dems. But I also thinks that Trump being Trump will hurt the GOP in 2020.

Nancy Pelosi Isn’t Taking Impeachment Off The Table For ... (https://abovethelaw.com/2019/01/nancy-pelosi-isnt-taking-impeachment-off-the-table-for-donald-trump/)https://abovethelaw.com/2019/01/nancy-pelosi-isnt-taking...
3 days ago · Nancy Pelosi (Photo by MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images) We shouldn’t be impeaching for a political reason, and we shouldn’t avoid impeachment for a political reason.

Tippy toeing thru the Tulips.

Peter1469
01-07-2019, 08:54 AM
One thing is for sure- for the new Congress-critters, they need to learn that anything they say from here on out is likely to become public. So they should think about that.

DGUtley
01-07-2019, 08:56 AM
I was convinced that they couldn't help themselves and that their conduct would help grease the skids for 2020. So far, I've been right.

MMC
01-07-2019, 08:59 AM
One thing is for sure- for the new Congress-critters, they need to learn that anything they say from here on out is likely to become public. So they should think about that.

LMAO.....Democrats thinking about what they say. The only time they do that Pete is if somebody is standing in their space, Right up in their face.

Green Arrow
01-07-2019, 09:01 AM
No you weren't correct as you said nobody. When there is in fact a couple of bodies. That stepped up and called her out for her use of language. Trying to play on the impeachment doesn't work. If you would have read the link the Demo that actually wrote up articles of Impeachment on Trump also called her out. Talking about respecting the Office of the Presidency.

There is no coming back to save face. You said Nobody. Now you were shown there were a few of those Nobodies that you say didn't exist. Face the fact.....you were wrong. Once again.

If you are that desperate to be right, then I’ll help you out and say you’re right. When I said “nobody” I meant literally “nobody” and no politician has ulterior motives.

There ya go. You win! Good for you! Gold star today buddy. Let’s see how tomorrow looks. If you make it a gold star every day we’ll take you out for milkshakes at the end of the week.

MMC
01-07-2019, 09:24 AM
If you are that desperate to be right, then I’ll help you out and say you’re right. When I said “nobody” I meant literally “nobody” and no politician has ulterior motives.

There ya go. You win! Good for you! Gold star today buddy. Let’s see how tomorrow looks. If you make it a gold star every day we’ll take you out for milkshakes at the end of the week.

No one is desperate.....just as reality is what it is. Which is saying your version of reality. Just wasn't the truth.

You can't accomplish very much of anything unless you have civility and show respect for your colleagues," Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) said (https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/04/dems-livid-tlaib-impeachment-comment-1081370). "Those kind of comments do not take us in the right direction."

Cummings, who takes over as new chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, added that Tlaib's comments were "inappropriate."

Even Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA), who introduced (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2019/01/03/house-democrat-will-begin-first-day-of-new-congress-by-introducing-articles-of-impeachment-n2538459) actual articles of impeachment against Trump, was appalled by Tlaib's remarks.

“That’s not language I would use," he said. "I think the office of the presidency should be treated with respect.”.....snip~

The truth is what it is.

Oh gee.....Milkshakes. Cmon now.....you know I wouldn't want you to waste money from your government assistance check.

Green Arrow
01-07-2019, 11:18 AM
No one is desperate.....just as reality is what it is. Which is saying your version of reality. Just wasn't the truth.

You can't accomplish very much of anything unless you have civility and show respect for your colleagues," Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) said (https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/04/dems-livid-tlaib-impeachment-comment-1081370). "Those kind of comments do not take us in the right direction."

Cummings, who takes over as new chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, added that Tlaib's comments were "inappropriate."

Even Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA), who introduced (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2019/01/03/house-democrat-will-begin-first-day-of-new-congress-by-introducing-articles-of-impeachment-n2538459) actual articles of impeachment against Trump, was appalled by Tlaib's remarks.

“That’s not language I would use," he said. "I think the office of the presidency should be treated with respect.”.....snip~

The truth is what it is.

Oh gee.....Milkshakes. Cmon now.....you know I wouldn't want you to waste money from your government assistance check.

:rofl:

Government assistance check? You are so out of your depth.

Incognito2
01-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Can you even imagine a congress where every congressman/woman gets up and motherfucks every sentence and calls all their colleagues on the other side $#@!s. Cmon Hal.

Juvenile behavior is the norm for teenagers...and now most liberals. If the democrats spend the next two years trying to change the results of an election just because they lost, most people will say they've had enough of this nonsense.

"Power corrupts absolutely...absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Incognito2
01-07-2019, 11:24 AM

Most of JFK's quotes would make him a right of center democrat or a solid right of center conservative today.

Green Arrow
01-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Most of JFK's quotes would make him a right of center democrat or a solid right of center conservative today.
Cool.

Incognito2
01-07-2019, 11:31 AM
Green Arrow...your JFK quote and the "walls of oppression and resistance" apply to the new liberal party. JFK would not recognize his own party today.

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."
- Robert F. Kennedy (1925-1968), U.S. Senator from New York and U.S. Attorney General

Green Arrow
01-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Green Arrow...your JFK quote and the "walls of oppression and resistance" apply to the new liberal party. JFK would not recognize his own party today.

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."
- Robert F. Kennedy (1925-1968), U.S. Senator from New York and U.S. Attorney General

That’s Robert Kennedy, not John.

MMC
01-07-2019, 12:33 PM

Actually its you that is out of your depth. Hence that bullshit about some sort of gold star and that you would take me out for milkshakes. Duh!

I mean how could you even type that bullshit and set yourself up for more diss. Like I said before you're not good at the diss. Try hanging around some rappers. It can only help your game.

Oh and deflecting from the reality you were trying to avoid. Doesn't help you out either. As a typical leftist you still haven't learned to leave well enough alone. Don't worry tho…..I blame your public education.

Green Arrow
01-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Actually its you that is out of your depth. Hence that bullshit about some sort of gold star and that you would take me out for milkshakes. Duh!

I mean how could you even type that bullshit and set yourself up for more diss. Like I said before you're not good at the diss. Try hanging around some rappers. It can only help your game.

Oh and deflecting from the reality you were trying to avoid. Doesn't help you out either. As a typical leftist you still haven't learned to leave well enough alone. Don't worry tho…..I blame your public education.

LOL. I may not be good at “the diss,” but neither are you.

You have a nice day now.

MMC
01-07-2019, 01:38 PM
LOL. I may not be good at “the diss,” but neither are you.

You have a nice day now.

LMAO, Thanks for validating you don't have the comprehension skill to already know what took place and that you can't discern the reality of the situation. Hence returning with some crap about being out of my depth after you were zinged about your government assistance check.

Hang out with some bruthas so you can actually comprehend what took place. :laugh: