PDA

View Full Version : RBG to Miss All Oral Arguments Today.....

MMC
01-07-2019, 10:25 AM
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will miss oral arguments for the first time Monday as she continues to recover from her surgery in which she had cancerous nodules removed from her lung.

This will be the first time Ginsburg, 85, will miss an oral argument session since she joined the Court in 1993. She will continue to work from home and will take part in cases using transcripts, according to the court.....snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/01/07/rbg-to-miss-all-oral-arguments-today-n2538599

Uh oh.....this could cause the Demos to start panicking. First time in 26 years. The Demos and the leftness are hoping she don't pass away while Trump is in Office. They will be forced to riot to prevent Trump from picking another Conservative Judge. What say ye?

Helena
01-07-2019, 10:34 AM
We're going to need some proof of life.

Not really.

This is what we can expect out of our Justice System now? People making grave decisions from their death beds?

DGUtley
01-07-2019, 10:37 AM
For some of us, Trump was all about the judiciary.

Captdon
01-07-2019, 10:37 AM
The liberal Justices may have to sit her down and give her the William O. Douglas talk. He was worse than she is now but she seems headed his way. He was told he was not able to do it any longer and was making the Court look bad. He resigned the next day

Green Arrow
01-07-2019, 11:30 AM
We're going to need some proof of life.

Not really.

This is what we can expect out of our Justice System now? People making grave decisions from their death beds?

Do you have information nobody else does? According to the article she’s recovering from surgery, not dying.

Green Arrow
01-07-2019, 11:30 AM
The liberal Justices may have to sit her down and give her the William O. Douglas talk. He was worse than she is now but she seems headed his way. He was told he was not able to do it any longer and was making the Court look bad. He resigned the next day

Douglas was not mentally sound. Ginsburg so far seems to be.

alexa
01-07-2019, 11:33 AM
For some of us, Trump was all about the judiciary.

For some Italians, Mussolini was all about the trains.

Enjoy their company

Helena
01-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Do you have information nobody else does? According to the article she’s recovering from surgery, not dying.
She's dying.

MisterVeritis
01-07-2019, 11:42 AM
She's dying.
Shovel ready.

alexa
01-07-2019, 11:44 AM
She's dying.

So are you.

Helena
01-07-2019, 11:52 AM
So are you.
Are you saying you wouldn't want me on the Supreme Court?

alexa
01-07-2019, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't want you on a tennis court.

MisterVeritis
01-07-2019, 11:54 AM
So are you.
Not quite yet. Although surprises can happen it looks like I will live for a while longer. I have downgraded my planning horizon from 94 to 85.

Helena
01-07-2019, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't want you on a tennis court.
That's two of us!

Table tennis, though.. I rock at that. :smiley:

MMC
01-07-2019, 12:25 PM
So are you.

Just not as fast as Ginsberg, huh?

MMC
01-07-2019, 12:26 PM

Depends on if you are wearing Spiked Heels. :tongue:

Captdon
01-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Douglas was not mentally sound. Ginsburg so far seems to be.

If she becomes unable to do the job the liberals need to sit her down for a talk.

It doesn't matter if it's physical or mental. Why would it?

Captdon
01-07-2019, 12:29 PM

Enjoy their company

For liberals it was all about rule by Obama decree. followed by Hildebeast decree. We sure changed that idea. Enjoy the next 6 years.

alexa
01-07-2019, 12:30 PM
If she becomes unable to do the job the liberals need to sit her down for a talk.

It doesn't matter if it's physical or mental. Why would it?

:rofl:

Captdon
01-07-2019, 12:31 PM
So are you.

Even if true, so what? He isn't on SCOTUS. This old dolt is.

Helena
01-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Depends on if you are wearing Spiked Heels. :tongue:

Those things can kill, you know.

Chris
01-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Enjoy their company

That's one of the things about Mussolini that FDR admired.

MMC
01-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Those things can kill, you know.

Cmon now, the SCOTUS has a tall bench. :grin:

Tahuyaman
01-07-2019, 01:03 PM
She’s 85 and has a recent history of fairly serious health issues. She really should give some serious thought to retirement. She’s obviously coming close to the end. She should spend whatever time she has left with her family and loved ones.

She should put aside her loathing of Donald Trump.

Kalkin
01-07-2019, 01:06 PM
She's 85. That is dying. If she wasn't a liberal, she'd let go of power and try to enjoy what little time she has left.

Green Arrow
01-07-2019, 01:10 PM
She’s 85 and has a recent history of fairly serious health issues. She really should give some serious thought to retirement. She’s obviously coming close to the end. She should spend whatever time she has left with her family and loved ones.

She should put aside her loathing of Donald Trump.

I don’t disagree. Honestly, we should have an age cutoff for SCOTUS anyway, 80-85 nets you an automatic retirement.

Tahuyaman
01-07-2019, 01:16 PM
I don’t disagree. Honestly, we should have an age cutoff for SCOTUS anyway, 80-85 nets you an automatic retirement.

It should depend on one’s physical and mental health. Generally when an elderly person’s physical health starts to deteriorate, their mental acuity starts to decline as well.

Cannons Front
01-07-2019, 01:18 PM
She will not retire, she will not be forced to retire. Until we know the results of the 2020 POTUS election RBG will do whatever she can to stay on the court. Liberals will do nothing to force her hand either. Just the thought of another Conservative Judge being appointed makes her retirement unthinkable.
The current liberal hope is that they win in 2020 replace RBG, Breyer and hopefully Thomas he will be 76 by 2024

Tahuyaman
01-07-2019, 01:29 PM
She will not retire, she will not be forced to retire. Until we know the results of the 2020 POTUS election RBG will do whatever she can to stay on the court. Liberals will do nothing to force her hand either. Just the thought of another Conservative Judge being appointed makes her retirement unthinkable.
The current liberal hope is that they win in 2020 replace RBG, Breyer and hopefully Thomas he will be 76 by 2024

I completely agree. Still, when one is obviously in the final stages of their life, they should think about spending those days with their family.

Peter1469
01-07-2019, 01:30 PM

There should be some sort of cut-off. For all federal judges.

Tahuyaman
01-07-2019, 01:56 PM

Even if they have no mental or physical health issues?

MMC
01-07-2019, 02:05 PM

65, and older they should have to have a psych eval every 2 years.

Cannons Front
01-07-2019, 02:10 PM
Only special category employees, such as a law enforcement officers or firefighters, are subject to mandatory retirement at a specific age so realistically I think it would be hard to enact a maximum age for judges. Now if you made that same age the maximum for all including Congress and the Ex Branch you might have a chance but that could also require an amendment to the Constitution.

Cannons Front
01-07-2019, 02:13 PM
I completely agree. Still, when one is obviously in the final stages of their life, they should think about spending those days with their family.
Personally I agree, I am not there yet but my goal is complete retirement. No Retirement Job, just Grandchildren spoiling and some self spoiling for me and the wife long before we get to the final years of our lives.

Tahuyaman
01-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Personally I agree, I am not there yet but my goal is complete retirement. No Retirement Job, just Grandchildren spoiling and some self spoiling for me and the wife long before we get to the final years of our lives.
That’s where I’m at right now.

Peter1469
01-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Only special category employees, such as a law enforcement officers or firefighters, are subject to mandatory retirement at a specific age so realistically I think it would be hard to enact a maximum age for judges. Now if you made that same age the maximum for all including Congress and the Ex Branch you might have a chance but that could also require an amendment to the Constitution.

It would require an amendment for judges because the constitution says justices are life tenured.

MisterVeritis
01-07-2019, 02:51 PM
One must use the Article V process to make the change you see we need.

Green Arrow
01-07-2019, 03:57 PM
One must use the Article V process to make the change you see we need.
Clearly.

alexa
01-07-2019, 04:07 PM
That's one of the things about Mussolini that FDR admired.

That's nice.

Captdon
01-07-2019, 04:29 PM

Thomas has talked about retiring. He may do it at the end of this term so Trump can put a young conservative on.

Common
01-07-2019, 06:11 PM
I think the lady is sick and doing her level best to hang in there, She looks horribly thin and frail

Helena
01-07-2019, 06:18 PM
She gave an interview and said that she would continue as long as she could give it full steam, or something like that. She isn't at full steam. We all know it.

Tahuyaman
01-07-2019, 06:22 PM
It's odd how liberal's nearly idolize this woman. TV documentaries, movies? What's up with that? Why don't they idolize the first woman nominated to the highest court in the land? What's so special about Ginsburg?

Helena
01-07-2019, 06:25 PM
The way she leans.

Tahuyaman
01-07-2019, 06:28 PM
The way she leans.
There have been many justices with the same leaning. They portray her as almost a divine being.

Helena
01-07-2019, 06:37 PM
It's odd how liberal's nearly idolize this woman. TV documentaries, movies? What's up with that? Why don't they idolize the first woman nominated to the highest court in the land? What's so special about Ginsburg?

The way she leans.

There have been many justices with the same leaning. They portray her as almost a divine being.
Yes, but notice the first woman on the court didn't lean the same way.

Some of RBG's opinions are really out in leftlooneyville.

Tahuyaman
01-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Yes, but notice the first woman on the court didn't lean the same way.

Some of RBG's opinions are really out in leftlooneyville.
Sandra Day O'Connor was very much a swing vote on the court. She was not beholding to one political philosophy.

Helena
01-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Sandra Day O'Connor was very much a swing vote on the court. She was not beholding to one political philosophy.
Only in her later years was she considered a swing vote.

countryboy
01-07-2019, 06:52 PM

I think it's the doily little collar thingy.

Tahuyaman
01-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Only in her later years was she considered a swing vote.

It was more prominant in her laters years, but she was never considered a reliable conservative vote in the Scalia mode.

It will be interesting to see how the media treats her memory when she dies.

Helena
01-07-2019, 07:29 PM
It was more prominant in her laters years, but she was never considered a reliable conservative vote in the Scalia mode.

Okay, but you asked a question about why RBG is revered as much as she is, and not the first woman on the Supreme Court. Can you not see it? Or do you just want to volley back and forth about Sandra?

Tahuyaman
01-08-2019, 02:38 AM
I think it’s a safe bet that she will be the next justice to depart the court. It’s also a safe bet that it will happen this year. It will be interesting to see how hysterical the Democrats get when that happens. The senate Republicans have shown that they have the balks to stand up to the left on Supreme Court nominations.

Tahuyaman
01-08-2019, 02:39 AM
Okay, but you asked a question about why RBG is revered as much as she is, and not the first woman on the Supreme Court. Can you not see it? Or do you just want to volley back and forth about Sandra?
I responded to a comment. It’s called a discussion.

Helena
01-08-2019, 05:52 PM
2nd day down. No RBG

Here's a video from 4 months ago. Just because.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qsXPhOPxiU

Admiral Ackbar
01-08-2019, 06:46 PM
If she dies, she dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvAeWtyZ-uE

Helena
01-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Day 3. No RBG

MMC
01-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Day 3. No RBG

http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/2party.gif

Tahuyaman
01-09-2019, 03:47 PM
I don't believe missing three days means that she's on death's door any more than it did when she missed the first day. Recovery from a major surgery at her age takes more than a day or two.

Helena
01-09-2019, 04:11 PM
I don't believe missing three days means that she's on death's door any more than it did when she missed the first day. Recovery from a major surgery at her age takes more than a day or two.
Do you also believe Scalia didn't die under suspicious circumstances?

Tahuyaman
01-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Do you also believe Scalia didn't die under suspicious circumstances?

I do not give credibility to any Scalia conspracy theory.

If Ginsburg only missed one day after major surgery I'd think that was kind of odd.

Helena
01-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Okay then.

Do you believe she should be taxing herself, making major decisions at the moment, considering her many health problems, her difficulty maintaining thoughts and alertness as well all while trying to recover from, as you say, major surgery?