PDA

View Full Version : Voting Integrity

patrickt
01-26-2013, 07:01 AM
"A reader emailed earlier today to say that he and his wife recently moved to Washington State. His wife is a Canadian citizen who has a green card. Much to their surprise, she received in the mail a voter registration card issued by the county in which they live, informing her that “You are registered to vote.” Our reader writes:

"My wife is a Canadian citizen, has her green card, and just received her voter registration card in the mail. Not sure what’s up with that, she did not do anything to actively register to vote. We have no idea how she became a registered voter, unless they’re simply registering all residents here in Washington State automatically."

The card says, “You are registered to vote.” It adds, “Your ballot will arrive by mail."

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/01/ballot-integrity-in-the-state-of-washington.php

Of course, I realize Democrats wouldn't want to disenfranchise foreign nationals any more than they would the deceased. In fact, according to the Democrats our voting process works just fine. Integrity is not a problem for Democrats.

Well, apparently the process works well for Democrats. Not for the country, for sure, but it works well for Democrats.

Mainecoons
01-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Amazing isn't it that narco-plagued second world Mexico has voter ID that requires the voter to SHOW UP AT THE POLLS with a picture I.D. yet the U.S. can't even manage that?

Peter1469
01-26-2013, 11:04 AM
All sane people in the US recognize the need for voter IDs. But the dems and the MSM keep lying about the issue and dropping the race card.

Adelaide
01-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Amazing isn't it that narco-plagued second world Mexico has voter ID that requires the voter to SHOW UP AT THE POLLS with a picture I.D. yet the U.S. can't even manage that?

We have that in Canada, too. But... everyone has government issued ID of some sort that is free of charge and there are alternatives to ID, so even the poor and/or struggling individuals can afford it financially. That is essential if you're going to require ID, and from what I understand is why many people oppose photo ID in the US? I could be wrong - please correct me if I am.

These are all the forms of ID that we accept here in Ontario.

Ontario Health Card or other health card issued by a province or territory in Canada

Valid Driver’s Licence or Temporary Driver’s Licence (issued by Ontario or other jurisdiction)
Ontario Photo Card
Birth Certificate from a Canadian province or territory
Government-issued Employee Identification Card
Ontario Outdoors Card
BYID (age of majority card)
Certificate of Indian Status
Valid Passport – Canadian or other country
Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
Canadian Immigration Identification Card
Permanent Resident Card
Old Age Security (OAS) Identification Card
Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card
Royal Canadian Mounted Police/Provincial/Municipal Police Identification
Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)

You can either use a photo ID that has proof of address, or you can bring two pieces of identification without photo ID and a piece of mail (for proof of address), or you can have an elector that knows you vouch for who you are and they must provide their own identification, (they can only vouch for one person each).

A system like that could work in the US.

Chris
01-26-2013, 11:37 AM
To use a common anti-gun analogy, you have to have an ID to drive a car, don't you?

Mainecoons
01-26-2013, 12:09 PM
It's free in Mexico.

Peter1469
01-26-2013, 12:36 PM
To use a common anti-gun analogy, you have to have an ID to drive a car, don't you?

And to buy liquor at the liquor store. And to get into an Obama political event.

patrickt
01-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Adelaide: "We have that in Canada, too. But... everyone has government issued ID of some sort that is free of charge and there are alternatives to ID, so even the poor and/or struggling individuals can afford it financially. That is essential if you're going to require ID, and from what I understand is why many people oppose photo ID in the US? I could be wrong - please correct me if I am."

You are wrong. Nothing that interferes with foreign nationals voting, dead people voting, people voting in states in which they don't reside, and people coercing the elderly and disabled into signing unread absentee ballots will be tolerated by the liberals. The whining about disenfranchising the poor is a lie. The only people disenfranchised in the U.S. would be the military. Liberals don't want them voting.

I had a strange discussion with two Canadians because they were insisting that conservatives were demanding the card check law. It took a few minutes to realize they had confused the Card Check Bill with Voter ID laws.

If the cost were the only problem there would be no problem. Amazingly, the same people who need ID to get welfare, medicaid/medicare services, disability, and other government benefits can't come up with one to vote. Do food stamps require ID now or do they hand those out to anyone, breathing or not?

Peter1469
01-26-2013, 12:41 PM
We have that in Canada, too. But... everyone has government issued ID of some sort that is free of charge and there are alternatives to ID, so even the poor and/or struggling individuals can afford it financially. That is essential if you're going to require ID, and from what I understand is why many people oppose photo ID in the US? I could be wrong - please correct me if I am.

These are all the forms of ID that we accept here in Ontario.

Ontario Health Card or other health card issued by a province or territory in Canada

Valid Driver’s Licence or Temporary Driver’s Licence (issued by Ontario or other jurisdiction)
Ontario Photo Card
Birth Certificate from a Canadian province or territory
Government-issued Employee Identification Card
Ontario Outdoors Card
BYID (age of majority card)
Certificate of Indian Status
Valid Passport – Canadian or other country
Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
Canadian Immigration Identification Card
Permanent Resident Card
Old Age Security (OAS) Identification Card
Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card
Royal Canadian Mounted Police/Provincial/Municipal Police Identification
Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)

You can either use a photo ID that has proof of address, or you can bring two pieces of identification without photo ID and a piece of mail (for proof of address), or you can have an elector that knows you vouch for who you are and they must provide their own identification, (they can only vouch for one person each).

A system like that could work in the US.

It could easily be done in the US. But the Democratic Party and the MSM claim that any suggestion for voter IDs is a GOP attempt to disenfranchise minorities and the elderly. There is zero truth behind the claim, in fact it is retarded on its face: it is a classic example of poisoning the well fallacy: http://fallacies.sciencedaily.com/q/100/7619/How-do-you-explain-the-Poisoning-the-well-fallacy

Peter1469
01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
It's free in Mexico.

Many if not most states will offer free ID cards for voting, and will even send a government worker to you to drive you to and from the ID center. The issue is a red herring made up by the Democrats and the MSM. I am very impressed that they can make these arguments without giggling like little girls.

Mainecoons
01-26-2013, 01:42 PM
As far as I know, the IDs are free everywhere required.

Voter ID cuts the voter fraud the Dems use to win the close elections. For example MN.

patrickt
01-26-2013, 05:59 PM
And to buy liquor at the liquor store. And to get into an Obama political event.

To enter many federal buildings.

Vivian Applewhite, in her nineties, could get an ID to vote....until she quit hanging out with liberals. When she met some conservatives they told her what she needed to do. The next day she took a bus, handicapped accessible, and got her ID so she could vote.

Amazing, isn't it? The same people who whine about disenfranchising do nothing to actually help living, breathing, U.S. citizens to vote...just once.

Chloe
01-26-2013, 06:12 PM
In Oregon we vote by mail. I had to provide a copy of my driver's license when I registered to vote since I was a first time voter this past election but now that I am registered I don't have to worry about doing that anymore. I like that process.

Mainecoons
01-26-2013, 06:59 PM
You shouldn't It is way too easy to steal your identity.

Chloe
01-26-2013, 07:15 PM
You shouldn't It is way too easy to steal your identity.

It's how Oregon votes though

Mainecoons
01-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Like I said. . .

Peter1469
01-26-2013, 07:33 PM
It's how Oregon votes though

How many votes were registered in your name?

Chloe
01-26-2013, 07:37 PM
How many votes were registered in your name?

What do you mean? I just filled out my ballet that they sent me and I mailed it back.

Peter1469
01-26-2013, 07:38 PM
What do you mean? I just filled out my ballet that they sent me and I mailed it back.

How many other people used your name to do the same thing?

There were many districts in the last election that had more votes than people....

Chloe
01-26-2013, 07:40 PM
How many other people used your name to do the same thing?

There were many districts in the last election that had more votes than people....

I don't know. I'm pretty sure it was just me. They check your ballot with your registration after you mail it in to make sure it's my ballot.

Peter1469
01-26-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't know. I'm pretty sure it was just me. They check your ballot with your registration after you mail it in to make sure it's my ballot.

Ok, I hope so.

patrickt
01-27-2013, 06:19 AM
I live outside the U.S. and supply proof of identity every four years.

Last year when I filed my income tax electronically it was rejected because someone had already filed using my Social Security number and had already received a check from the government. Isn't that a wonderful liberal program. The crook didn't even bother using my name but apparently the same government which is going to provide health care can't match a social security number with a name.

Peter1469
01-27-2013, 10:29 AM

Last year when I filed my income tax electronically it was rejected because someone had already filed using my Social Security number and had already received a check from the government. Isn't that a wonderful liberal program. The crook didn't even bother using my name but apparently the same government which is going to provide health care can't match a social security number with a name.

Did you get it fixed?

Agravan
01-27-2013, 12:16 PM

Same thing happened to me a few years back. I filed my returns and got a letter back from the IRS saying that I had already filed in California (I had lived in Texas my entire life). I appealed, went to the IRS in Austin gave them all my information and proof of residency. It was resolved about 3 months later. I received my refund plus interest.

patrickt
01-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Did you get it fixed?

Since they were collecting a few thousand dollars from me they made sure they got it squared away. I'm sure what I paid covered for a half-dozen deadbeat crooks that the IRS allow to slip by. But, really, just think, they're going to be taking care of your health care. "Are you sure it was your leg that was supposed to come off and not your penis?"

Peter1469
01-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Since they were collecting a few thousand dollars from me they made sure they got it squared away. I'm sure what I paid covered for a half-dozen deadbeat crooks that the IRS allow to slip by. But, really, just think, they're going to be taking care of your health care. "Are you sure it was your leg that was supposed to come off and not your penis?"

It is a sick joke to think that our government is competent enough to provide healthcare.