PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Justice Ginsburg and her health

pjohns
01-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Associate (Supreme Court) Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg deserves our sympathy--and our prayers--as she recovers from cancer surgery; and this, regardless of what her political views may be.

Yet, as I write this, she has missed three consecutive days of oral arguments (today would be the fourth), due to her illness.

If she is simply unable to hear these arguments, then she is unable to do her job; and the honorable thing, it seems to me, would be to step down, and allow herself to be replaced.

It is my understanding, however, that she refuses to do this, as she does not want to be replaced by a Donald Trump appointee.

This, in my opinion--if it is true--is simply dishonorable.

Comments?

Private Pickle
01-11-2019, 03:07 PM
She has two years to hang on. Not sure given the state of Congress that anything will happen until she passes. With that being said nothing at this point in time leads me to believe that Trump will not win in 2020. It's a matter of time.

Chris
01-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Agree, sympathies for her and her recovery.

Not sure if there's rules or customs for this situation, there ought to be a limit. Maybe she'll decide.

Wasn't Justice Rehnquist sick for some time too?

pragmatic
01-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Associate (Supreme Court) Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg deserves our sympathy--and our prayers--as she recovers from cancer surgery; and this, regardless of what her political views may be.

Yet, as I write this, she has missed three consecutive days of oral arguments (today would be the fourth), due to her illness.

If she is simply unable to hear these arguments, then she is unable to do her job; and the honorable thing, it seems to me, would be to step down, and allow herself to be replaced.

It is my understanding, however, that she refuses to do this, as she does not want to be replaced by a Donald Trump appointee.

Comments?

According to Chief Justice Roberts, Ginsberg has been receiving the court transcripts and working from home since her surgery. With her staff.

Which i am guessing is prolly against her doctor's orders....but she has always been a tough/belligerent old bird.

Don't necessarily agree with her politics. But she ain't dead yet.

DGUtley
01-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Associate (Supreme Court) Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg deserves our sympathy--and our prayers--as she recovers from cancer surgery; and this, regardless of what her political views may be. Yet, as I write this, she has missed three consecutive days of oral arguments (today would be the fourth), due to her illness. If she is simply unable to hear these arguments, then she is unable to do her job; and the honorable thing, it seems to me, would be to step down, and allow herself to be replaced. It is my understanding, however, that she refuses to do this, as she does not want to be replaced by a Donald Trump appointee. This, in my opinion--if it is true--is simply dishonorable. Comments?

I respectfully disagree, notwithstanding my disagreement with The Old Gray Mare politically. 4 days is nothing. People get sick. I am comfortable with her taking whatever reasonable amount of time off to recuperate. There comes a point where she should retire, 4 days isn't it. I do not believe that she is acting dishonorably.

I was walking in to try a lawsuit one time. 7 lawyers, three from DC. Experts. Clients. As I got out of the car, I put my two trial bags on the sidewalk. I took a step on ice, did a split, hit my head, knocked myself out and tore a hammy. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital. This was a nasty vicious case. Nobody said: "Let's go". Everybody flew back home and waited til I recuperated. RBG, get well if you can -- but I am still going to oppose you.

Tahuyaman
01-11-2019, 03:43 PM

Comments?

There's nothing there I disagree with. Trump has picked what appears to be quality and qualified justices. They have respect for the constitutional restraints upon government.

Ginsburg might be justified to hang on if Trump was picking unqualified goof-balls to the court. He's not. She should do the right and honorable thing and step down. She's demonstrating that she is first and foremost a partisan.

She's also dismissing the Senate's role of advice and consent. She's not doing the court or the county a favor by being stubborn and partisan.

Tahuyaman
01-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Not sure given the state of Congress that anything will happen until she passes...
What do you mean by that? What does the congress have to do with her decision making process?

Private Pickle
01-11-2019, 03:48 PM
What do you mean by that? What does the congress have to do with her decision making process?
If Trump were to put forward that she is unable to continue her seat due to her health Congress would have to agree. You know...the Constitution?

Trish
01-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Let's hope the old bitch dies soon so we can completely take over the country and dominate women.

DGUtley
01-11-2019, 04:06 PM
Let's hope the old bitch dies soon so we can completely take over the country and dominate women.

Yeah, because that's what conservative men do. . . . . . .

Trish
01-11-2019, 04:07 PM
Yeah, because that's what conservative men do. . . . . . .

As is evident by how many "conservative" women are in leadership. Wake up

roadmaster
01-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Every day she is out still at home the news makes this a story. People usually need time to recover after surgery but the news acts like she should have left the hospital and walked to her job.

Admiral Ackbar
01-11-2019, 04:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvAeWtyZ-uE

MisterVeritis
01-11-2019, 04:20 PM
She has two years to hang on. Not sure given the state of Congress that anything will happen until she passes. With that being said nothing at this point in time leads me to believe that Trump will not win in 2020. It's a matter of time.
That is not the way to bet.

MisterVeritis
01-11-2019, 04:22 PM
If Trump were to put forward that she is unable to continue her seat due to her health Congress would have to agree. You know...the Constitution?
The judiciary is a separate branch of government. Neither the President nor the Congress has any say in this matter.

DGUtley
01-11-2019, 04:29 PM

C'mon. You wake up. You realize that it was a conservative president that appointed the first woman to the SCOTUS? Conservative women have routinely risen to leadership positions.

Jeannette Rankin
Mia Love.
Bay Buchanan Sandra Day O'Connor
Carly Fiorina
Kellyanne Conway
Elise Stefanik
Mary Smith
Joni Ernst
Susan Martinez
Alex Smith
Condi
Ronna McDaniel
Elaine Chao
Shelly Capito
Nikki Haley
Margaret Thatcher
Clare Luce
Kay Orr

http://futurefemaleleader.com/18-conservative-women-shattered-glass-ceilings/

Private Pickle
01-11-2019, 04:30 PM
That is not the way to bet.

I'm not betting on anything.

MisterVeritis
01-11-2019, 04:30 PM
See, we can agree. :grin:

Private Pickle
01-11-2019, 04:31 PM
The judiciary is a separate branch of government. Neither the President nor the Congress has any say in this matter.
OK... Let's lay it out. What would Trump do if he wanted to replace her? Would he go to the Supreme Court or would he go to Congress?

alexa
01-11-2019, 04:31 PM
You forgot Mother Teresa and Molly Pitcher.

Chris
01-11-2019, 04:35 PM

Off topic but I heard the other day that these politicians and such are not supposed to be leaders but representatives. Thought I'd toss that on the fire.

MisterVeritis
01-11-2019, 04:36 PM
OK... Let's lay it out. What would Trump do if he wanted to replace her? Would he go to the Supreme Court or would he go to Congress?
Before any President can replace a judge a vacancy must exist.

Trish
01-11-2019, 04:37 PM
C'mon. You wake up. You realize that it was a conservative president that appointed the first woman to the SCOTUS? Conservative women have routinely risen to leadership positions.

Jeannette Rankin
Mia Love.
Bay Buchanan Sandra Day O'Connor
Carly Fiorina
Kellyanne Conway
Elise Stefanik
Mary Smith
Joni Ernst
Susan Martinez
Alex Smith
Condi
Ronna McDaniel
Elaine Chao
Shelly Capito
Nikki Haley
Margaret Thatcher
Clare Luce
Kay Orr

http://futurefemaleleader.com/18-conservative-women-shattered-glass-ceilings/

thanks for the less than 20 and not all american conservative women.

We are at an impasse. I'll drop the subject because we will never agree.

Trish
01-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Off topic but I heard the other day that these politicians and such are not supposed to be leaders but representatives. Thought I'd toss that on the fire.
I'm moving on, don't worry. You guys can bask in your death wishing. enjoy.

Private Pickle
01-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Before any President can replace a judge a vacancy must exist.
Derp. What have I been saying?

MisterVeritis
01-11-2019, 04:49 PM
Derp. What have I been saying?
Derp you.

DGUtley
01-11-2019, 04:51 PM
thanks for the less than 20 and not all american conservative women. We are at an impasse. I'll drop the subject because we will never agree.

My point is that your comment was a talking point, not a fact. I stopped at 20 (yes, I threw Maggie in there b/c I admire her so much and she's mega conservative) but I could go on. I could, but what's the point, right. I could list 100 and you'd say - it's only 100. Moreover, your comment was "dominate". I can't speak for your experience, but I don't know any conservative men that "dominate" their spouses, partners, business associates etc.

Chris
01-11-2019, 04:56 PM

What? I expressed my sympathies toward her. I like her. Hope she lives forever. The old goat. :)

Chris
01-11-2019, 04:58 PM
So far as I can see, probably mentioned above, Section 1 of Article 3 mentions good behavior as the only criteron.

Chris
01-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Another factoid: Only Samuel Chase was impeached, and he was acquitted.

Peter1469
01-11-2019, 05:20 PM

Congress cannot remove her outside of the impeachment process.

Trish
01-11-2019, 05:48 PM
My point is that your comment was a talking point, not a fact. I stopped at 20 (yes, I threw Maggie in there b/c I admire her so much and she's mega conservative) but I could go on. I could, but what's the point, right. I could list 100 and you'd say - it's only 100. Moreover, your comment was "dominate". I can't speak for your experience, but I don't know any conservative men that "dominate" their spouses, partners, business associates etc.

Yeah, that's most likely what I would have said. You know me so well......hahahahaha

I can't help myself. This topic and the other one which involves domination is a sore spot for me. I doubt we will ever come to an agreement on either one.

Common
01-11-2019, 06:14 PM

Seriously ?

Trish
01-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Seriously ?
Hey, why not. You guys want her to die so you can stack the court so why not just be honest about it. It's disingenuous to pretend to care all the while hoping and looking for a replacement that will carry out the extreme right agenda.

Common
01-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Hey, why not. You guys want her to die so you can stack the court so why not just be honest about it. It's disingenuous to pretend to care all the while hoping and looking for a replacement that will carry out the extreme right agenda.

I didnt even post in the goddamn thread, except to post SERIOUSLY to your absurd obnoxious, sarcastic and UNCALLED for comment

If you dont like reading the other side of Politics dont read it.

Trish
01-11-2019, 06:38 PM
I didnt even post in the goddamn thread, except to post SERIOUSLY to your absurd obnoxious, sarcastic and UNCALLED for comment

If you dont like reading the other side of Politics dont read it.

I don't want to say anything further to you that I will regret but I appreciate you making your feelings clear. Impasse

pragmatic
01-11-2019, 11:59 PM

(Somebody here needs a hug)

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Don't be stupid.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 01:57 AM
If Ruth Bader Ginsburg was the principled hero the left is trying to portray her to be she'd resign. She can no longer effectively do the job she had sworn to do. Instead, she's taking the psrtisan road. She's made that clear in her recent comments.

MisterVeritis
01-12-2019, 07:26 AM
It is revealing that you consider supporting and defending the Constitution as the extreme right-wing agenda.

Peter1469
01-12-2019, 07:41 AM
(Somebody here needs a hug)

Hugs Trish.

Ransom
01-12-2019, 09:05 AM
Trish

Question for you. Should Trump end up appointing the replacement for RBG, would that not be the worst moment of your political life since Nov of 2016?

DGUtley
01-12-2019, 09:15 AM
@Trish (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2158) Question for you. Should Trump end up appointing the replacement for RBG, would that not be the worst moment of your political life since Nov of 2016?

WARNING - Ransom - warning for bad faith posting, callout post and discussing poster rather than thread subject.

Admiral Ackbar
01-12-2019, 10:17 AM
thanks for the less than 20 and not all american conservative women.

We are at an impasse. I'll drop the subject because we will never agree.

I am not sure DG was trying to give you an exhaustive listing merely trying to give you examples.

Admiral Ackbar
01-12-2019, 10:19 AM

I am willing to let nature take its course.

Trish
01-12-2019, 10:22 AM
@Trish (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2158)

Question for you. Should Trump end up appointing the replacement for RBG, would that not be the worst moment of your political life since Nov of 2016?

I think it would shift the balance of the court in an unhealthy way. With regard to your other question, as a patriot I look at how the country as a whole is affected not necessarily only myself.

Admiral Ackbar
01-12-2019, 10:31 AM
I think it would shift the balance of the court in an unhealthy way. With regard to your other question, as a patriot I look at how the country as a whole is affected not necessarily only myself.

Would you elaborate on why it is unhealthy to have a court that has Justices that base their rulings on the Constitution as written? If that is scary and there are things in the Constitution you would like to change there is a process for that.

This worship of the courts is unhealthy in of itself. If the public at large was unfamiliar with who the Justices even were I think that would be a more healthy environment for our Republic.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 11:04 AM
There’s zero evidence that she is sick or unable to do her job. She’s 85 and just had surgery on her lungs and is apparently still working from home. Recovery from any surgery takes time, particularly a surgery like that. The people criticizing her for this are just partisans hoping to claim her seat on the Court.

Admiral Ackbar
01-12-2019, 11:07 AM
There’s zero evidence that she is sick or unable to do her job. She’s 85 and just had surgery on her lungs and is apparently still working from home. Recovery from any surgery takes time, particularly a surgery like that. The people criticizing her for this are just partisans hoping to claim her seat on the Court.

Look if she is deathly ill, and it appears she is. Note while I am not a doctor and don't have access to her medical records.. if your 85 year old grandma had fallen a few months ago and broke 5 ribs, now has had lung cancer surgery at the height of flu season... and wanted to keep working might you say...Hey Grandma.. time to slow down and rest.. maybe you have done your duty on the job.....

DGUtley
01-12-2019, 11:12 AM

I think there's all kinds of evidence that she's is sick and failing. Having said that, her actual job is more professorial and directorial. She has a staff that writes the opinions. Not being there to participate in the closed door discussions is problematic but with Skype or Zoom or Google Hangouts it's all accommodatable. I think it's her call until such a time as she's not capable of doing it with reasonable accommodation.

Yes, I'd like Trump to appoint another Federalist Society List Justice to the bench, but not by wishing her dead. If she deems she should retire, so be it. If not, so be it. God Speed OGM.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 11:35 AM
I think there's all kinds of evidence that she's is sick and failing. Having said that, her actual job is more professorial and directorial. She has a staff that writes the opinions. Not being there to participate in the closed door discussions is problematic but with Skype or Zoom or Google Hangouts it's all accommodatable. I think it's her call until such a time as she's not capable of doing it with reasonable accommodation.

Yes, I'd like Trump to appoint another Federalist Society List Justice to the bench, but not by wishing her dead. If she deems she should retire, so be it. If not, so be it. God Speed OGM.

I appreciate and respect you a good deal, and this post is an example of that.

donttread
01-12-2019, 12:01 PM

Comments?

a) I think we need to see what her involvement can be over time.
b) Perhaps we need an amendment to set up some mandatory retirement stuff for SC Justices, or judges in general

countryboy
01-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Let's hope the old $#@! dies soon so we can completely take over the country and dominate women.
My sentiments exactly. We may even let you keep driving, but your voting days are over.

MisterVeritis
01-12-2019, 12:20 PM
...toward supporting and defending the Constitution.

Trish
01-12-2019, 12:25 PM
My sentiments exactly. We may even let you keep driving, but your voting days are over.

Even though I find your comment worrisome I genuinely appreciate that you can admit the truth.

Kalkin
01-12-2019, 12:38 PM
I think it would shift the court away from the unhealthy liberal bias it has now. That being said, I wish death on no one. She's ancient and obviously faltering, health-wise. Time to let go of the ego/power trip and let someone healthier take a turn.

Kalkin
01-12-2019, 12:40 PM
There’s zero evidence that she is sick or unable to do her job.
She hasn't shown up for work. She falls asleep at important events. She has cancer. She falls and breaks things. What evidence do you need?

Trish
01-12-2019, 12:41 PM
I think it would shift the court away from the unhealthy liberal bias it has now. That being said, I wish death on no one. She's ancient and obviously faltering, health-wise. Time to let go of the ego/power trip and let someone healthier take a turn.

Can you provide which rulings you are referring to and how it has impacted the country and/or you personally?

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 12:48 PM
She should retire. Could you imagine the shrieking from the left if this was Justices Thomas or Alito in this same condition doing the same thing?

Captdon
01-12-2019, 12:55 PM
She votes for any liberal case that comes before her. I don't wish her dead but I do wish her a happy retirement.

pragmatic
01-12-2019, 01:02 PM
She hasn't shown up for work. She falls asleep at important events. She has cancer. She falls and breaks things. What evidence do you need?

But apparently she was pretty darn cute when she was younger.

(who knew...??!!)

https://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/felicity-jones-biopic-basis-sex-ruth-bader.png

Kalkin
01-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Can you provide which rulings you are referring to and how it has impacted the country and/or you personally?
They upheld the PPACA. I'll not go into a personal diatribe, though, as my personal life isn't the topic.

Kalkin
01-12-2019, 01:21 PM
But apparently she was pretty darn cute when she was younger.

(who knew...??!!)

https://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/felicity-jones-biopic-basis-sex-ruth-bader.png
The Devil Wears Prada (and a doily around her neck).

pragmatic
01-12-2019, 01:49 PM
The Devil Wears Prada (and a doily around her neck).

Think the green ear rings are kinda sassy!

Kalkin
01-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Think the green ear rings are kinda sassy!
They were pearls before they molded over. Senility is rough.

countryboy
01-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Even though I find your comment worrisome I genuinely appreciate that you can admit the truth.
I was joking, not serious. RBG's replacement will likely be a woman.

Admiral Ackbar
01-12-2019, 02:39 PM

If it is a woman I have two tests...

1. Conservative

2. Be Decent to look at

pjohns
01-12-2019, 03:10 PM
Wasn't Justice Rehnquist sick for some time too?
I personally do not remember it.

However, someone on another formu mentioned it; so it is probably true.

pjohns
01-12-2019, 03:36 PM
RBG's replacement will likely be a woman.
This may well be correct.

However, if it is a mere function of identity politics--i.e the belief that only a woman can accurately reflect the views of other women; only a black person can accurately reflect the views of other blacks; only a Latino can accurately reflect the views of other Latinos; etc.--then I would strongly oppose such a dogma.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 04:15 PM

It should be the most qualified, capable candidate regardless of what's between that persons legs or not.

Chris
01-12-2019, 04:47 PM

What I recall is if Kavanaugh didn't make it, Trump had several women next in line.

Chris
01-12-2019, 04:50 PM
I personally do not remember it.

However, someone on another formu mentioned it; so it is probably true.

Rehnquist Back at Work (http://www.nbcnews.com/id/8576020/ns/us_news-the_changing_court/t/rehnquist-back-work/#.XDpgqFxKhHY) from 2005:

Chief Justice William Rehnquist, sick with cancer but determined to remain at the helm of the Supreme Court, returned to work Friday after defiantly squelching retirement speculation with a pledge to stay as long as his health allows.

The 80-year-old chief justice, who is battling thyroid cancer, looked pale but confident as he left his house in a wheelchair for the trip to his office. He spent two nights in the hospital with a fever earlier in the week, and was discharged on Thursday.

“I want to put to rest the speculation and unfounded rumors of my imminent retirement,” the chief justice said in a statement first disclosed by The Associated Press late Thursday and later confirmed by the court.

Rehnquist signaled that he is effectively fighting cancer and his health is strong enough to allow him to preside over the high court for the foreseeable future....

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 04:50 PM
What I recall is if Kavanaugh didn't make it, Trump had several women next in line.

I bet he did

Captdon
01-12-2019, 06:31 PM
This may well be correct.

However, if it is a mere function of identity politics--i.e the belief that only a woman can accurately reflect the views of other women; only a black person can accurately reflect the views of other blacks; only a Latino can accurately reflect the views of other Latinos; etc.--then I would strongly oppose such a dogma.

It would make it hard for the Democrats to attack a woman.

Chris
01-12-2019, 06:47 PM
I bet he did

Here: Amy Coney Barrett, Allison Eid, Joan Larsen, Diane Sykes, Margaret Ryan, Britt Grant.

https://i.snag.gy/cqoNyj.jpg

For more info see https://www.weeklystandard.com/alice-b-lloyd/meet-the-women-trump-could-nominate-to-the-supreme-court

Chris
01-12-2019, 06:47 PM
It would make it hard for the Democrats to attack a woman.

Exactly.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Here: Amy Coney Barrett, Allison Eid, Joan Larsen, Diane Sykes, Margaret Ryan, Britt Grant.

https://i.snag.gy/cqoNyj.jpg

For more info see https://www.weeklystandard.com/alice-b-lloyd/meet-the-women-trump-could-nominate-to-the-supreme-court
Maybe, yes, yes, no, yes, yes

Private Pickle
01-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Congress cannot remove her outside of the impeachment process.
Sigh...

What is needed is federal legislation guaranteeing that such trigger resignations would be both legal and enforceable. Even if each justice currently drafted a documented stating that his resignation should become effective if medical incapacity kept him away from the court for a full term, it is not at all clear that such a contingency resignation would be valid. Congress should act now to make it so.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-m-appel/anticipating-the-incapaci_b_266179.html

Chris
01-12-2019, 07:06 PM

Let Trump know, I'm sure he wants to hear from you!

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 07:33 PM

Only Barrett and Sykes have made it to the short list in both prior vacancies.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 09:07 PM
Only Barrett and Sykes have made it to the short list in both prior vacancies.
lol

whoosh

MisterVeritis
01-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Sigh...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-m-appel/anticipating-the-incapaci_b_266179.html
It takes an amendment. Article V. US Constitution.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 11:16 PM
It would make it hard for the Democrats to attack a woman.They have their smear strategy ready to go.

pragmatic
01-13-2019, 01:15 AM

You ol' horn dog.....

Private Pickle
01-13-2019, 05:25 PM
It takes an amendment. Article V. US Constitution.
OK?

MisterVeritis
02-17-2019, 01:22 PM
Shovel Ready Buzzy.

Has anyone seen her? Is she still alive?

MisterVeritis
02-17-2019, 01:23 PM
"Although Ginsburg said last summer that she hopes to serve until she is 90, she has been consistent about when it will be time for her to hang up the robe: “I said I will do this job as long as I can do it full steam,” she said (https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/21/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-surgery/index.html) on Dec. 17 "

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/01/ruth-bader-ginsburg-watch/

MisterVeritis
02-17-2019, 01:25 PM
Are there buzzards over Bader?

Admiral Ackbar
02-17-2019, 01:31 PM
I respectfully disagree, notwithstanding my disagreement with The Old Gray Mare politically. 4 days is nothing. People get sick. I am comfortable with her taking whatever reasonable amount of time off to recuperate. There comes a point where she should retire, 4 days isn't it. I do not believe that she is acting dishonorably.

I was walking in to try a lawsuit one time. 7 lawyers, three from DC. Experts. Clients. As I got out of the car, I put my two trial bags on the sidewalk. I took a step on ice, did a split, hit my head, knocked myself out and tore a hammy. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital. This was a nasty vicious case. Nobody said: "Let's go". Everybody flew back home and waited til I recuperated. RBG, get well if you can -- but I am still going to oppose you.

I disagree..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvAeWtyZ-uE

Tahuyaman
02-17-2019, 04:36 PM
She's a left wing ideologue. She's not going to retire until her health deteriorates so much that she can no long maintain consciousness.

MisterVeritis
08-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Treated Again For Cancer
Updated at 4:42 p.m. ET
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has just completed three weeks of radiation treatment at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, the U.S. Supreme Court disclosed Friday.
The radiation therapy, conducted on an outpatient basis, began Aug. 5, shortly after a localized cancerous tumor was discovered on Ginsburg's pancreas. The treatment included the insertion of a stent in Ginsburg's bile duct, according to a statement issued by the court.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/753699013/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-underwent-another-round-of-cancer-treatment-this-sum

Well, well, well.