PDA

View Full Version : Acosta making another ass out of himself again.

Robo
01-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Jim Acosta famed so-called "reporter" for CNN famous for having been banned from Trump’s daily Briefings for his arrogant actions while questioning Sara Huckabee Sanders, Trump’s Press Secretary and Trump himself at a press conference. Seemingly Jim decided again to make an ass of himself by going to the southern border to prove that there’s no national emergency and or humanitarian crisis there as Trump threatens to declare to get the funding he wants for a continuing of the border wall that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refuses to allow into the budget vote to reopen the rest of the government.

Acosta, genius that he surely is, picked out an iron slat "see through" section of the border wall to have his cameras scan and show there was nobody there on the Mexico side trying to cross illegally into America, and thereby proof positive there was no national emergency or humanitarian crisis as Trump and the Border Control folks keep claiming. Apparently Jim doesn’t understand that the reason that there was no crisis or emergency where he was on the border was precisely the fact that there was a WALL already at that point and that’s precisely the point that Trump and the Border Patrol keep making.

The vast majority of folks and drugs and human trafficking crossing our border illegally Jimmy don’t go to the places where there’s already walls they GO WHERE THERE ARE NO FREEKING WALLS YET!

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Jim Acosta famed so-called "reporter" for CNN famous for having been banned from Trump’s daily Briefings for his arrogant actions while questioning Sara Huckabee Sanders, Trump’s Press Secretary and Trump himself at a press conference. Seemingly Jim decided again to make an ass of himself by going to the southern border to prove that there’s no national emergency and or humanitarian crisis there as Trump threatens to declare to get the funding he wants for a continuing of the border wall that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refuses to allow into the budget vote to reopen the rest of the government.

Acosta, genius that he surely is, picked out an iron slat "see through" section of the border wall to have his cameras scan and show there was nobody there on the Mexico side trying to cross illegally into America, and thereby proof positive there was no national emergency or humanitarian crisis as Trump and the Border Control folks keep claiming. Apparently Jim doesn’t understand that the reason that there was no crisis or emergency where he was on the border was precisely the fact that there was a WALL already at that point and that’s precisely the point that Trump and the Border Patrol keep making.

The vast majority of folks and drugs and human trafficking crossing our border illegally Jimmy don’t go to the places where there’s already walls they GO WHERE THERE ARE NO FREEKING WALLS YET!

it isn't safe enough for Acosta to go where there isn't any protection. He's and idiot, but he seems to have one shred of intelligence.
BTW
https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/11/cnn-border-violence-jim-acosta/

Kalkin
01-12-2019, 01:27 PM
Acosta is a moron.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Going by the facts even at the non-wall sections there's no "crisis."

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 03:32 PM

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/11/cnn-border-violence-jim-acosta/

alexa
01-12-2019, 03:34 PM
Acosta being an asshat has nothing to do with the non-emergency on the border.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Democrats were calling it a crisis before the election of Trump. What's changed? Did Trump do something to end that crisis?

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Democrats were calling it a crisis before the election of Trump. What's changed? Did Trump do something to end that crisis?

true that................Obama called it the same thing. Now they are "dirty words"

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 03:48 PM

thousands of people hanging at the border trying to get in anyway they can......................over, under, or through unprotected areas.... entering our country illegally.............man, you are denser than the core of the sun, but nearly as bright.
How is this going to be paid for? How many are you putting up in your house? How much money have you donated to their cause?
questions...........but no answers usually followed with insults

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 04:06 PM

I would be interested in seeing some evidence on that, but my guess would be they were doing it for the same reason Trump is: create an issue out of a non-issue and then do something easy that has no actual bearing on the made-up issue so you can "solve" it and look better to voters.

alexa
01-12-2019, 04:19 PM
thousands of people hanging at the border trying to get in anyway they can......................over, under, or through unprotected areas.... entering our country illegally.............man, you are denser than the core of the sun, but nearly as bright.
How is this going to be paid for? How many are you putting up in your house? How much money have you donated to their cause?
questions...........but no answers usually followed with insults
Good job with the talking points.

They've been entering the country illegally for years and in greater numbers. Why is it now an emergency?

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 04:23 PM

They've been entering the country illegally for years and in greater numbers. Why is it now an emergency?

HUTA syndrome

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/80514400/look-son-his-heads-up-trumps-ass.jpg

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 04:31 PM
I would be interested in seeing some evidence on that, but my guess would be they were doing it for the same reason Trump is: create an issue out of a non-issue and then do something easy that has no actual bearing on the made-up issue so you can "solve" it and look better to voters.I suppose you would also need proof of all the Democrats to include Obama telling us all the need for a wall or other type of obstacle on the southern border?

Green Arrow
It's such a big crisis that only a wall can fix, which is why Trump has waited for two years and a divided government to actually try to do anything about it, and the solution is a wall that will take years to build.

How much of the wall could have been built by now if Trump had made the wall a day one priority?

Green Arrow
I suppose you would also need proof of all the Democrats to include Obama telling us all the need for a wall or other type of obstacle on the southern border?

No, I'm aware of their agreement to building fencing at the border.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 04:33 PM
It's such a big crisis that only a wall can fix, which is why Trump has waited for two years and a divided government to actually try to do anything about it, and the solution is a wall that will take years to build.

How much of the wall could have been built by now if Trump had made the wall a day one priority?

He's thinking about re-election basically.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Do you remember this?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/media-acknowledged-epic-border-crisis-under-obama-what-changed

News outlets readily described a “crisis” at the border under then-President Barack Obama when he sought funding to deal with a surge of migrants, many of them women and children -- but now that President Trump is in the White House, the mainstream media seem far more reluctant to use the word.
Back in the summer of 2014, the headlines and stories referring to the C-word were plentiful as the border surge was taken seriously along the Acela corridor.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 05:07 PM

Why did they change positions on that? Did they just evolve?

Jeb!
01-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Emergency is a subjective word anyway. Acosta is an embarrassment to his profession.

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 05:32 PM

but when Obama said it, it was accepted............ You've obviously put your money where your mouth is and have taken in a family of 7 or you're down there patrolling the border yourself.............What a hero

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 05:33 PM

a job which needs finishing, obviously

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Why did they change positions on that? Did they just evolve?

I've answered that before. Trump made a big deal out of the wall and it's an easy political victory for the Democrats to earn and deny Trump.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 06:00 PM
a job which needs finishing, obviously

The bills that were passed into law to authorize the building of the fencing - were they authorizing a full 2k mile border fence, or did they only authorize specific sections?

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 06:03 PM
I've answered that before. Trump made a big deal out of the wall and it's an easy political victory for the Democrats to earn and deny Trump.
So, you acknowledge that they changed position because Trump holds the same view?

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Emergency is a subjective word anyway. Acosta is an embarrassment to his profession.I'm not sure you can call broadcast journalism a profession any more.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 06:06 PM
So, you acknowledge that they changed position because Trump holds the same view?

Seems pretty clear from my post.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 06:08 PM
Do people notice how liberal's have such a problem with questions which require a yes or no answer?

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 06:10 PM
Do people notice how liberal's have such a problem with questions which require a yes or no answer?

:biglaugh:

hanger4
01-12-2019, 06:13 PM
No, I'm aware of their agreement to building fencing at the border.A distinction with out a difference.

hanger4
01-12-2019, 06:18 PM
The bills that were passed into law to authorize the building of the fencing - were they authorizing a full 2k mile border fence, or did they only authorize specific sections?How much wall barrier is already up ??

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 06:20 PM
The bills that were passed into law to authorize the building of the fencing - were they authorizing a full 2k mile border fence, or did they only authorize specific sections?
obviously "specific sections" were insufficient

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 06:20 PM
How much wall barrier is already up ??

you forgot to ask how much if it is scalable from the outside................

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure you can call broadcast journalism a profession any more.
anyone can be a "journalist" today..............just look a exo's posts jus' damn and LOL

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 06:27 PM
How much wall barrier is already up ??

I don't know the exact figure off the top of my head.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 06:28 PM
A distinction with out a difference.

Not really. Regardless, I'll agree for the sake of argument.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 06:29 PM
obviously "specific sections" were insufficient

That's irrelevant to the point. Did previous legislation authorize 2,000 miles of fencing or just specific areas?

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 06:29 PM
A distinction with out a difference.
So if fences were put up with better security you folks would be ok with it?

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 06:45 PM
That's irrelevant to the point. Did previous legislation authorize 2,000 miles of fencing or just specific areas?

let's use an example. You put a small portion of fence up around your property. AS the years go by, you find evidence of more and more people crossing your property because the original fence lacked. What do you do? Do you upgrade and reinforce, or just let the intruders keep doing what they are doing?
Yes, insufficient is a good word

hanger4
01-12-2019, 06:47 PM
So if fences were put up with better security you folks would be ok with it?What the hell kind of question is that and what is "you folks" ??

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 06:54 PM
What the hell kind of question is that and what is "you folks" ??

Let me try it again, in super secret english.

I burned incense and rolled chicken bones to favor the gods that my message would be delivered this time.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 07:06 PM
let's use an example. You put a small portion of fence up around your property. AS the years go by, you find evidence of more and more people crossing your property because the original fence lacked. What do you do? Do you upgrade and reinforce, or just let the intruders keep doing what they are doing?
Yes, insufficient is a good word

Your analogy fails because "more and more people" have not crossed our border. Crossings have been steadily (and dramatically) declining since 2000.

You also still haven't answered my question.

hanger4
01-12-2019, 07:08 PM
Let me try it again, in super secret english.So if fences were put up with better security you folks would be ok with it?I burned incense and rolled chicken bones to favor the gods that my message would be delivered this time.Obviously my post was over your head. I'm all for border security, wall fences barriers, electronic, drones whatever. Now I'll ask again, what the fuck is "you folks" ??

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Obviously my post was over your head. I'm all for border security, wall fences barriers, electronic, drones whatever. Now I'll ask again, what the fuck is "you folks" ??

You folks that think building a ridiculously stupid big wall is going to solve our political/social issues with illegal immigration.

Did that answer your question?

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Your analogy fails because "more and more people" have not crossed our border. Crossings have been steadily (and dramatically) declining since 2000.

You also still haven't answered my question.

Still, 400k a year are crossing illegally.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 07:20 PM
That's irrelevant to the point. Did previous legislation authorize 2,000 miles of fencing or just specific areas?It authorized just a token amount.

Obama once tried to make it sound as if the entire border was secured once the construction of that small section was completed.

hanger4
01-12-2019, 07:21 PM
You folks that think building a ridiculously stupid big wall is going to solve our political/social issues with illegal immigration.Did that answer your question?You folks don't believe it solves all our political/social issues with illegal immigration. That very much is ridiculously stupid. That "you folks" box, you like to put people in has no sides.

Captdon
01-12-2019, 07:24 PM
You folks that think building a ridiculously stupid big wall is going to solve our political/social issues with illegal immigration.

Did that answer your question?

Who said a wall would solve all our immigration problems? You just keep saying it won't do any good although their are example of it working all over the world. In fact, they all work.

You're just like a liberal. Say it enough and you start to believe your own bullshit.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 07:28 PM
You folks don't believe it solves all our political/social issues with illegal immigration. That very much is ridiculously stupid. That "you folks" box, you like to put people in has no sides.

Try that again, make a point this time.

What happens with the illegals that are here? What happens to the illegals that circumvent the wall of stupidity?

Will there still be sanctuary cities? Will there still be a demand for illegal labor, to run the engines of "capitalism"?

Anchor babies? Due process when they do step foot on US soil that keeps them here?

oh wait, a wall solves all of that, I forgot.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 07:28 PM
I certainly don't believe building credible obstacles along the border will solve all of the problems associated with illegal immigration, but it will go a long way to solving most.

Sanctuary cities and the illegal immigrants already in the country are a different issue.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Who said a wall would solve all our immigration problems? You just keep saying it won't do any good although their are example of it working all over the world. In fact, they all work.

You're just like a liberal. Say it enough and you start to believe your own bullshit.

No, I just like to treat the disease, not the symptom.

hanger4
01-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Try that again, make a point this time.What happens with the illegals that are here? What happens to the illegals that circumvent the wall of stupidity? Will there still be sanctuary cities? Will there still be a demand for illegal labor, to run the engines of "capitalism"?Anchor babies? Due process when they do step foot on US soil that keeps them here?oh wait, a wall solves all of that, I forgot.*oh wait, a wall solves all of that, I forgot* ......... Nobody said that CO, your strawman failed.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Still, 400k a year are crossing illegally.

And 300k of those are being apprehended.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 07:38 PM
*oh wait, a wall solves all of that, I forgot* ......... Nobody said that CO, your strawman failed.

It only fails when you explain how you deal with those issues and how a wall helps.

ka-BOOM!

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Still need a wall though.

Damned pepperbellies...

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 07:40 PM
It authorized just a token amount.

Obama once tried to make it sound as if the entire border was secured once the construction of that small section was completed.

A "token" amount? I thought those sections were 90%+ secured because of the barrier?

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 07:40 PM

We can do better. Besides, is your number accurate?

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 07:45 PM
We can do better. Besides, is your number accurate?

According to Trump's DHS it is.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 07:47 PM
A "token" amount? I thought those sections were 90%+ secured because of the barrier?

Yes, only a token amount of the border is secured with a barrier.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 07:50 PM
According to Trump's DHS it is.
Actually no one, not even a government agency has any idea how many people are gaining illegal entry into the US every year. They simply make a guess based on the number of apprehensions. A guess is just that, a guess.

I said that 400k cross every year. You said 300k of them are apprehended. Are you really trying to claim that only 100k make into the country illegally every year? That would be unbelievable at best.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Actually no one, not even a government agency has any idea how many people are gaining illegal entry into the US every year. They simply make a guess based on the number of apprehensions. A guess is just that, a guess.

I said that 400k cross every year. You said 300k of them are apprehended. Are you really trying to claim that only 100k make into the country illegally every year? That would be unbelievable at best.

No, but there's no evidence it's exceptionally higher.

We don't have much more to discuss if you're going to reject facts and data.

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 08:14 PM

In truth, we really have no idea how many are actually here or have been here for an extended period of time. Out of those 300k, how many have been here for over 3 years and NOT been apprehended until they are?
You're not supplying any verifiable information to refute or claim. you guessed at 300k...................

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 08:33 PM

What data and facts have I rejected? It is a fact that no government agency knows how many people cross the border illegally. It is a fact that they guess based on the number of apprehensions.

You are the one rejecting the facts. You are making a guess assuming it is a fact with nothing to support it.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 08:35 PM
In truth, we really have no idea how many are actually here or have been here for an extended period of time. Out of those 300k, how many have been here for over 3 years and NOT been apprehended until they are?
You're not supplying any verifiable information to refute or claim. you guessed at 300k...................

Like you just did now? Statements with no support?

Funny how that works.

At least GA referred to data that was posted in another thread today. I'm sure you've seen it.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 08:35 PM

I did not guess at it, I quoted Trump's DHS figures. Around 100k were apprehended at the border just between October and November 2018. (https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration)

I'm providing official Trump administration statistics and you guys are the ones offering unverifieds.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 08:37 PM
What data and facts have I rejected? It is a fact that no government agency knows how many people cross the border illegally. It is a fact that they guess based on the number of apprehensions.

You are the one rejecting the facts. You are making a guess assuming it is a fact with nothing to support it.

Tell us we support sanctuary cities and open borders again, that's always fun.

Green Arrow

Nope, I'm citing the facts and not assuming things that are not known. The facts are that border apprehensions have gone down dramatically since 2000 even while enforcement has gone up - nothing there suggests the number of unapprehended crossers is much higher. Claiming it is higher is unsubstantiated.

Tahuyaman

The number of apprehensions can be verified. It is assumed that around half of the people who attempt to cross illegally are apprehended. There’s no reason to bilndly believe that is the case.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Nope, I'm citing the facts and not assuming things that are not known. The facts are that border apprehensions have gone down dramatically since 2000 even while enforcement has gone up - nothing there suggests the number of unapprehended crossers is much higher. Claiming it is higher is unsubstantiated.
So, if apprehensions decrease that means less people are illegally entering the country?

The border patrol is claiming that they are being overwhelmed. Are they lying?

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 08:48 PM
Do people notice how some will try to defend their view by claiming I am ignoring facts even though facts were the basis of my position? While others post some idiotic trolling comment...

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Do people notice how some will try to defend their view by claiming I am ignoring facts even though facts were the basis of my position? While others post some idiotic trolling comment...
http://media.favoritethings.danoah.com/wp-content/uploads/20180522220906/passive-aggressive-relationship-MAY-YOUR-PASSIVE-AGGRESSION-REACH-ITS-INTENDED-VICTIM.jpg

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 08:55 PM
So, if apprehensions decrease that means less people are illegally entering the country?

The border patrol is claiming that they are being overwhelmed. Are they lying?

The only reports we have of the border patrol being overwhelmed are from conservative media and the President, but that's not being demonstrated by any measurable fact. Every relevant fact points to crossings being down. Even if true, that could be just as much due to the CBP being understaffed rather than any increase in crossings. We don't know because there's nothing measurable to point to either way.

Green Arrow

You have not cited a single fact. I have cited official government numbers and you said those were wrong.

Tahuyaman
I did not guess at it, I quoted Trump's DHS figures. Around 100k were apprehended at the border just between October and November 2018. (https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration)

I'm providing official Trump administration statistics and you guys are the ones offering unverifieds.

How does the number of apprehensions determine how many entered illegally?

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Like you just did now? Statements with no support?

Funny how that works.

At least GA referred to data that was posted in another thread today. I'm sure you've seen it.

this is not that thread. There is no reference to that thread in this thread. And no, I did not read that thread. So, refresh us with those numbers

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 08:58 PM
How does the number of apprehensions determine how many entered illegally?

It can't be determined at 100% accuracy. What we know is that apprehensions are down (and have been consistently trending down for 18 years) and enforcement is up, not to mention the known illegal population has not increased substantively in around 10 years, so a logical conclusion to be drawn is that crossings are down. If crossings are up, why aren't apprehensions up? Why isn't the known population up?

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 08:58 PM
You have not cited a single fact. I have cited official government numbers and you said those were wrong.
Now you’ve gone sideways. I have not denied any fact, nor have I misrepresented any fact.

I am stating a fact when I say the number of illegal entries is a guess based on the number of apprehensions. If you deny that, you are denying a fact.

hanger4
01-12-2019, 08:59 PM
It only fails when you explain how you deal with those issues and how a wall helps.ka-BOOM!The issues you raised are separate issues, a wall fence barrier doesn't necessarily help or hinder. All a wall fence barrier does is stop or slow illegal entrance.

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 09:00 PM

You've tossed out numbers, but no citation to back them up. So, no, you haven't cited a damned thing.
here, try this for a citation

As of 2017, FAIR estimates the number of illegal aliens in the US to be approximately 12.5 million. This number is slightly higher than FAIR’s previous estimate of 12 million in 2011.
https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal-immigration/how-many-illegal-immigrants-are-in-us

that is a proper cite (citation)

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 09:04 PM
It can't be determined at 100% accuracy. What we know is that apprehensions are down (and have been consistently trending down for 18 years) and enforcement is up, not to mention the known illegal population has not increased substantively in around 10 years, so a logical conclusion to be drawn is that crossings are down. If crossings are up, why aren't apprehensions up? Why isn't the known population up?

that contradicts current information. The reason illegal activity was down was due in part to Obama's hand in the mix.
President Obama's Record of Dismantling Immigration Enforcement
https://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/president-obamas-record-dismantling-immigration-enforcement

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 09:04 PM
The issues you raised are separate issues, a wall fence barrier doesn't necessarily help or hinder. All a wall fence barrier does is stop or slow illegal entrance.
I like to think beyond stupid, funny like that I guess.

Like managing the legal process of illegals. If that's what's broken...

Yeah, I'm spinning wheels. Just build a wall, it solves everything.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 09:05 PM
this is not that thread. There is no reference to that thread in this thread. And no, I did not read that thread. So, refresh us with those numbers
Somebody else will spoon feed you, I'm not in the mood.

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 09:05 PM

we know you can b!tch, but do you have a solution, or are you just going to complain about other's ideas?

stjames1_53
01-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Somebody else will spoon feed you, I'm not in the mood.

so, no...you can't do it........you can't even cite anything you post.................

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 09:11 PM

Also, no one has a solid number on how many illegal aliens are in the country today.

Besides, I never once said Illegal entires are up. That is something you just made up to move the goalposts. I say whatever the number is, it’s too high. When you say I’m claiming illegal crossing are up, that is a lie. A bald faced lie. I never said that. You are lying.

If you you want to talk about misrepresenting facts, you did that. I originally said that 400K enter illegally each year. You said that “300k of them are apprehended”. That means you are claiming only 100K people enter illegally each year. You are claiming 300k out of 400k are apprehended. That is a claim which can not be supported factually.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 09:11 PM
so, no...you can't do it........you can't even cite anything you post.................
Don’t feed the troll.

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 09:20 PM
that contradicts current information. The reason illegal activity was down was due in part to Obama's hand in the mix.
President Obama's Record of Dismantling Immigration Enforcement
https://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/president-obamas-record-dismantling-immigration-enforcement

It does not contradict current information. What I said is current information. Trump himself has bragged about his policies lowering the number of crossings.

The facts are CBP has caught fewer and fewer crossers over the last 18 years. Trump himself has seen 20% decrease in apprehensions (http://time.com/5331196/border-crossings-dropped-nearly-20-under-trumps-zero-tolerance-policy/).

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 09:23 PM
Besides, I never once said Illegal entires are up. That is something you just made up to move the goalposts. I say whatever the number is, it’s too high. When you say I’m claiming illegal crossing are up, that is a lie. A bald faced lie. I never said that. You are lying.
I don't lie. You want to attack my character just because you're losing the argument? Fine. We're done. Go fuck a horse.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 09:32 PM
I don't lie. You want to attack my character just because you're losing the argument? Fine. We're done. Go $#@! a horse.
You did lie. You claimed that I said illegal entries are on the rise. I never said any such thing and you know it. Knowingly making a false claim is a

I destroyed your argument. I destroyed it so effectively that you had to lie about my comments.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 09:39 PM
You did lie. You claimed that I said illegal entries are on the rise. I never said any such thing and you know it. Knowingly making a false claim is a

I destroyed your argument. I destroyed it so effectively that you had to lie about my comments.

https://i.imgflip.com/whurm.jpg

Admiral Ackbar
01-12-2019, 09:45 PM

In your opinion. However, to support that opinion what data have you reviewed? What inspections of the various points on the border have you inspected? What border patrol and local residents have you interviewed?

Again to support your opinion. Or is it based on the "reporting" from reliable sources such as Mr. Acosta?

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 09:50 PM
In your opinion. However, to support that opinion what data have you reviewed? What inspections of the various points on the border have you inspected? What border patrol and local residents have you interviewed?

Again to support your opinion. Or is it based on the "reporting" from reliable sources such as Mr. Acosta?
You first

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 09:50 PM
It was disappointing to see Green Arrow knowingly misrepresent my statements here. I didn’t expect that from him. I expect some others to lie.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2019, 09:51 PM
It was disappointing to see Green Arrow knowingly misrepresent my statements here. I didn’t expect that from him. I expect some others to lie.

Pull your skirt down, your giblets are showing

Green Arrow
01-12-2019, 09:55 PM

It's based on official Trump DHS figures.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2019, 10:23 PM
I don’t know why people insist on being dishonest when arguing their position.

hanger4
01-13-2019, 06:40 AM
I like to think beyond stupid, funny like that I guess.Like managing the legal process of illegals. If that's what's broken...Yeah, I'm spinning wheels. Just build a wall, it solves everything.*it solves everything.* ........... Again with the strawman. Wall fence barriers are just a step in correct direction.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:46 AM

People who want open borders will never see a crisis. When we have large numbers of aliens coming in uninvited and we can't stop them it's a crisis.

Still funny how a wall was the answer ten years ago but not now. Asshats is the Democratic rallying call. Yell it out and the Dems come marching in lockstep.

Dem word of the week- hostage.

How's the Trump cave-in working out?

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:48 AM

It was always an emergency. Trump simply called Congress out on it. It doesn't take a very smart person to see that.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:50 AM
HUTA syndrome

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/80514400/look-son-his-heads-up-trumps-ass.jpg

You need to pull yours out of whoever's ass you head is stuck in. I suspect it is still in Hillary's ass.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:51 AM
but when Obama said it, it was accepted............ You've obviously put your money where your mouth is and have taken in a family of 7 or you're down there patrolling the border yourself.............What a hero

Yes. They are called the Alexa Asshats.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:52 AM

Yea, to hell with security.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:53 AM

Trump isn't calling for the whole border to be walled. You're statement fails.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:55 AM

Yes.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:55 AM
What the hell kind of question is that and what is "you folks" ??

"thinking."

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:58 AM
No, I just like to treat the disease, not the symptom.

You stop the bleeding first. Everything else comes second. Ask a doctor if this isn't clear to you.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 09:58 AM

That means 100,000 aren't. Was there a point to this?

Captdon
01-13-2019, 10:00 AM
It only fails when you explain how you deal with those issues and how a wall helps.

ka-BOOM!

Jesus. A wall stops the influx. Then we make immigration laws that work for what we want. if you think everyone should be allowed in you need to keep supporting the left.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 10:01 AM

They work wherever they're in place. We need more in place.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 10:04 AM
Tell us we support sanctuary cities and open borders again, that's always fun.

If you don't think we have sanctuary cities you need to stop talking in public and embarrassing yourself.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 10:06 AM

How would you be able to determine the illegal population? They are hiding.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 10:08 AM

You state something untrue and use it to back up your next untruth. You cite yourself.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 10:09 AM
we know you can b!tch, but do you have a solution, or are you just going to complain about other's ideas?

He's not complaining about the liberal's idea.

Safety
01-13-2019, 11:09 AM

These hacks don't operate on facts, only alternative facts.

Kalkin
01-13-2019, 11:38 AM
"Crisis" is a subjective term. For example: I think there is a lack of common sense crisis amongst liberals. You probably disagree.

Kalkin
01-13-2019, 11:47 AM
You've created a straw man there. No one thinks a border barrier (whatever form it takes) will "solve our political/social issues with illegal immigration". It will only impede the progress of people trying to enter on foot. It's just a part of an overall package designed to discourage illegal entry into the country.

Captain Obvious
01-13-2019, 12:11 PM
If you don't think we have sanctuary cities you need to stop talking in public and embarrassing yourself.

You have quite an imagination, or lack of reading comprehension, or you're immune to sarcasm but I don't think the latter is entirely true.

Captain Obvious
01-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Yes.

For the record you're the first one that I noticed anyway who answered this straight forward and honestly.

Thanks

Captain Obvious
01-13-2019, 12:14 PM
You need to pull yours out of whoever's ass you head is stuck in. I suspect it is still in Hillary's ass.

Well there you just negated the kudos I gave you earlier.

Standard RWNJ projection.

If people are secure enough to be critical of Trump they're labeled lefties and Rodham supporters.

If people oppose the wall they're for open borders and sanctuary cities.

It really is a strong sign of your insecurity and fear btw, it screams out.

stjames1_53
01-13-2019, 12:15 PM
He's not complaining about the liberal's idea.

and neither offering up suggestions.............just attacking everyone else's ideas..............the trademark of a real liberal

stjames1_53
01-13-2019, 12:16 PM
You have quite an imagination, or lack of reading comprehension, or you're immune to sarcasm but I don't think the latter is entirely true.

the latter is absolutely true........... you're embarrassing yourself

Captain Obvious
01-13-2019, 12:17 PM
You stop the bleeding first. Everything else comes second. Ask a doctor if this isn't clear to you.

It is already established that the "bleeding" has slowed to a crawl historically.

But if you insist on bandaging scar tissue that's your bad medicine.

Captain Obvious
01-13-2019, 12:18 PM
the latter is absolutely true........... you're embarrassing yourself
uh, no but if you need to convince yourself of that to stop the tremors then be my guest.

stjames1_53
01-13-2019, 12:19 PM
It is already established that the "bleeding" has slowed to a crawl historically.

you claim "crawling" ,,,,,,,,,but do you have proof?

Captain Obvious
01-13-2019, 12:20 PM
you claim "crawling" ,,,,,,,,,but do you have proof?
It was already cited, several times now.

Being the slowest one in the herd doesn't mean the rest of us have to wait up for you.

stjames1_53
01-13-2019, 12:20 PM
uh, no but if you need to convince yourself of that to stop the tremors then be my guest.

you just proved my point................offering nothing more than insults and slander liberal trademarks
You haven't offered up one suggestion on how to stop the illegals from coming in the back door

stjames1_53
01-13-2019, 12:21 PM

Being the slowest one in the herd doesn't mean the rest of us have to wait up for you.
the f*ck it has................

Captain Obvious
01-13-2019, 12:24 PM
you just proved my point................offering nothing more than insults and slander liberal trademarks
You haven't offered up one suggestion on how to stop the illegals from coming in the back door

Yes, I'm a liberal who supports open borders and sanctuary cities.

Clench your Ann Coulter doll tightly, keep one eye open.

I have, way way too many times now already and it has, the data was posted several times. 400k entering illegally down from some much larger number I can't remember years and years ago. And of the 400k that do enter, 300k are turned back.

The problem is with you blow-up dolls, you're incapable of absorbing information that you're not programmed to absorb. So I can tell you again what my thoughts are on all of this for the umpteenth time but it won't matter, you'll just keep asking and projecting because that's all your simple mind is capable of.

Now good day sir

stjames1_53
01-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Yes, I'm a liberal who supports open borders and sanctuary cities.

Clench your Ann Coulter doll tightly, keep one eye open.

I have, way way too many times now already and it has, the data was posted several times. 400k entering illegally down from some much larger number I can't remember years and years ago. And of the 400k that do enter, 300k are turned back.

The problem is with you blow-up dolls, you're incapable of absorbing information that you're not programmed to absorb. So I can tell you again what my thoughts are on all of this for the umpteenth time but it won't matter, you'll just keep asking and projecting because that's all your simple mind is capable of.

Now good day sir

and still no source to back up your claim.............here or anywhere else.........
added:
So 400k try to get in legally and 300k are turned away. We are not talking about those numbers. We are talking about the ones that come in the back door and DON'T get caught. How do we stop those?

Kalkin
01-13-2019, 01:33 PM
400k entering illegally down from some much larger number
Do you realize that translates to nearly 1100 illegal entries attempted per day? Is that an acceptable number to you? It's not to rational americans.

Tahuyaman
01-13-2019, 02:15 PM
Again, no one knows how many people enter the country illegally. They simply guess based on the number of apprehensions. If less are apprehended, they assume less are attempting and less are successful.

Tahuyaman
01-13-2019, 03:35 PM
It’s amazing how so many people can accept a guess as a verifiable fact.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 04:38 PM

You don't seem to recognize it.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 04:40 PM

First you stop the bleeding. It has't stopped. It isn't scar tissue.

Captdon
01-13-2019, 04:40 PM

You can't cite yourself.

DGUtley
01-13-2019, 05:06 PM
I don't lie. You want to attack my character just because you're losing the argument? Fine. We're done. Go fuck a horse.

NOTICE — Green Arrow Tb’d for insulting.

Captain Obvious
01-13-2019, 05:08 PM
You can't cite yourself.
Probably why I didn't.

It was discussed in several other threads and cited. This guy is just playing dumb, I'm not going to be his footpad and go fetch it for him, so he can ask me again in another thread.

That seems to be a trend around here.

stjames1_53
01-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Probably why I didn't.

It was discussed in several other threads and cited. This guy is just playing dumb, I'm not going to be his footpad and go fetch it for him, so he can ask me again in another thread.

That seems to be a trend around here.

this not that thread and I'm not here to chase your so-called cites. You haven't cited a thing. Either put it up or run..............and that appears to be what you're doing............running

Hoosier8
01-13-2019, 05:20 PM
Fun to watch Trump handle the democrats.
<font color="#141414"><span style="font-family: Arial">
https://youtu.be/Jj5-h62phiM