PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods' Ex-Caddie In Trouble Again For 'Racist' (?) Comments

Conley
11-05-2011, 08:48 AM
But nearly three months ago, when Williams' new boss, Adam Scott, torched Firestone, Steve let it be known that he wasn't happy with Tiger, telling CBS that the Scott win was, "the best week of his life." People questioned the comment considering Williams was on the bag for 13 of Tiger's 14 major championships, and many saw it as a dig at Woods.

That might have been a paintball fight. What happened earlier this week in China was flat out gunfire, and it came at the hands of Williams. Asked to come on stage at a caddie dinner during the pre-tournament festivities at the HSBC Champions and tell the crowd what he was thinking during that now-infamous interview, Williams let out a crowd-silencing remark that can't be viewed any other way but racist.

Via The Telegraph ...

"My aim was to shove it right up that black ---hole," Williams said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Tiger-Woods-8217-ex-caddie-drops-racist-commen

They're saying the comment was racist, but I don't see it. It's crass but racist? Maybe someone can read the whole article and explain if I'm missing it. Anyway, this caddie should be set for life but his mouth will probably leave him unemployed now, that's twice in the last few months he's made an ass of himself.

Conley
11-05-2011, 09:15 AM
The black golfing community is upset:

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/7192371/stevie-williams-get-free-pass-racial-comments-tiger-woods

I guess golf is and has been a racist sport so that explains part of it. That and the need for a story...since Tiger started sucking no one watches golf like they used to.

Elibe
11-05-2011, 09:27 AM
its racist because he said shove it up his black a-hole if he had just said a-hole it wouldnt be racist

Mister D
11-05-2011, 09:59 AM
But why is it "racist"?

Conley
11-05-2011, 10:03 AM
But why is it "racist"?

Because he used a racial modifier? ??? :D No idea. It sounds like one of those roasts too, where everyone curses and makes off color jokes, etc. Not a smart move given the history but I doubt the guy is racist. He and Tiger had a good relationship for fifteen years or something, were even each other's best men in their weddings, etc. I don't doubt that Williams is pissed.

Conley
11-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Is 'black' a slur word now?

I just Googled this story and every headline has something like this

Steve Williams' shocking racist slur against Tiger Woods

The content of the story:

Asked what the celebration was all about, the 47-year-old New Zealander said: 'It was my aim to shove it right up that black a**ehole.'

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10764057

These headlines are so misleading. I am really surprised by the coverage this is getting.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 10:14 AM
You read a headline like that and you're thinking "F**k that god damn n****r!" or something like that. At least some kind of racial epithet.

Conley
11-05-2011, 10:16 AM
You read a headline like that and you're thinking "F**k that god damn n****r!" or something like that. At least some kind of racial epithet.

Exactly. I feel badly for the guy, he's getting smeared.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 10:24 AM

Exactly. I feel badly for the guy, he's getting smeared.

Well, I guess he is and I'll stand up for him because obviously I've been railing against this sort of thing for years. That said, it was a pretty clumsy remark.