PDA

View Full Version : Forget the 2nd Amendment

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Everyone is arguing about the meaning of the 2nd Amendment. I'll leave that to the courts, if need be...

For me, it's very simple. I don't want any more gun regulations, and I will do everything I can to stop them.

That's it!

Chloe
01-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Everyone is arguing about the meaning of the 2nd Amendment. I'll leave that to the courts, if need be...

For me, it's very simple. I don't want any more gun regulations, and I will do everything I can to stop them.

That's it!

I doubt you will do anything that will result in you personally getting in any kind of trouble

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 06:46 PM
I doubt you will do anything that will result in you personally getting in any kind of trouble

I was referring to the democratic process.

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 06:46 PM
That being said, I've been in trouble before...

Chloe
01-27-2013, 06:57 PM
That being said, I've been in trouble before...

shocking

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 07:03 PM
shocking

How does one stay out of trouble, in this country? There are tens of thousands of regulations, concerning anything and everything, and the vast majority of them are stupid...

If you're not in trouble, there may be something wrong with you...

Chloe
01-27-2013, 07:04 PM
How does one stay out of trouble, in this country? There are tens of thousands of regulations, concerning everything and everything, and the vast majority of them are stupid...

If you're not in trouble, there may be something wrong with you...

It's actually very easy, you don't break the law. I've been alive now for 19 years and I have NEVER been in trouble in any way with police, regulations, or anything like that.

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 07:05 PM
It's actually very easy, you don't break the law. I've been alive now for 19 years and I have NEVER been in trouble in any way with police, regulations, or anything like that.

19 years?!? Wow! Congratulations!

Chloe
01-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Saying that it is impossible to stay out of trouble is the common excuse for most criminals and losers in my opinion. It's so not hard to stay out of trouble.

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Saying that it is impossible to stay out of trouble is the common excuse for most criminals and losers in my opinion. It's so not hard to stay out of trouble.

They still let me buy and own guns, so I guess I ain't all bad, eh?

Chloe
01-27-2013, 07:17 PM

So in your opinion it's anything goes when it comes to gun ownership. Anybody can buy and own one?

Chloe
01-27-2013, 07:42 PM
You know, looking back I haven't been the nicest person to you on this topic or on that other NY gun topic so far and so for what it's worth I apologize. Some how you managed to push my buttons awfully fast.

roadmaster
01-27-2013, 07:50 PM

Nor have I and I am past 50.:wink: Not that hard at all but some things you have to stand for.

Chloe
01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Nor have I and I am past 50.:wink: Not that hard at all but some things you have to stand for.

Oh and believe me I understand that sometimes you have to stand for something and it could result in getting in trouble, but the people that are constantly getting in trouble and then blaming the system are just completely wrong in my opinion.

Chris
01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Truth be told no one has any idea how many federal, state, county and municipal laws there are, so there's no way of knowing if you have or have not committed a crime. Worse, you can be found guilty of committing a crime even if you didn't know there was a law against it.

zelmo1234

That may be but with your bit of a tough guy attitude, I would not want you anywhere near me if the shooting ever started!

I want someone that is cool calm and does not feel the need to be a tough guy, to much can go wrong and tough guys atart using the spray and pray method of shooting, most of the time

So I am glad that you have the right to own a weapon, but fearful of how you wold use it in a tight spot.

Morningstar
You know, looking back I haven't been the nicest person to you on this topic or on that other NY gun topic so far and so for what it's worth I apologize. Some how you managed to push my buttons awfully fast.

Don't apologize. I have a talent for it.

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Truth be told no one has any idea how many federal, state, county and municipal laws there are, so there's no way of knowing if you have or have not committed a crime. Worse, you can be found guilty of committing a crime even if you didn't know there was a law against it.

My point, exactly.

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 08:03 PM
That may be but with your bit of a tough guy attitude, I would not want you anywhere near me if the shooting ever started!

I want someone that is cool calm and does not feel the need to be a tough guy, to much can go wrong and tough guys atart using the spray and pray method of shooting, most of the time

So I am glad that you have the right to own a weapon, but fearful of how you wold use it in a tight spot.

If you knew me, you wouldn't have that fear. I'm not a tough guy. I'm just a serious person.

roadmaster
01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Oh and believe me I understand that sometimes you have to stand for something and it could result in getting in trouble, but the people that are constantly getting in trouble and then blaming the system are just completely wrong in my opinion.

I agree with you.

zelmo1234
01-27-2013, 08:08 PM
If you knew me, you wouldn't have that fear. I'm not a tough guy. I'm just a serious person.

I hope that would be the case, but it is not wise for the serious person to draw attn to themselves, takes away the element of surprise!

For example the bold print that you are using?? All the signs of a classic tough guy are there. I prefer to take a back seat and use kindness and compassion until it is apparent that action is called for! this keeps the mind open are reacting several steps ahead! allows for positioning and concealment and cover if needed. All things that emotional reaction does not allow for! I have been fooled before, but not often!

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 08:16 PM
I hope that would be the case, but it is not wise for the serious person to draw attn to themselves, takes away the element of surprise!

For example the bold print that you are using?? All the signs of a classic tough guy are there. I prefer to take a back seat and use kindness and compassion until it is apparent that action is called for! this keeps the mind open are reacting several steps ahead! allows for positioning and concealment and cover if needed. All things that emotional reaction does not allow for! I have been fooled before, but not often!

I just like bold font. I wish everybody would use it. Easier for me to read, on a computer screen...

Speak softly, show compassion, and have the will to kill, immediately. That's my motto...

Chloe
01-27-2013, 09:07 PM
I just like bold font. I wish everybody would use it. Easier for me to read, on a computer screen...

Speak softly, show compassion, and have the will to kill, immediately. That's my motto...

"Have the will to kill, immediately," is your motto? That's a bit dramatic don't you think? Were you in the military or something is that why you are trying to make it sound like you've killed or hurt people?

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 09:13 PM
"Have the will to kill, immediately," is your motto? That's a bit dramatic don't you think? Were you in the military or something is that why you are trying to make it sound like you've killed or hurt people?

You disregarded the first two parts of the motto. How come?

Chloe
01-27-2013, 09:14 PM
You disregarded the first two parts of the motto. How come?

Sorry but most people don't have the words "kill, immediately" as part of their motto so I just focused on that part.

Morningstar
01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Sorry but most people don't have the words "kill, immediately" as part of their motto so I just focused on that part.

I don't live my life how most people do. If I did, I'd be a fool.

Chloe
01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't live my life how most people do. If I did, I'd be a fool.

ok fair enough

patrickt
01-28-2013, 07:22 AM

Even at your tender age you have broken the law repeatedly and regulations even more often. As you mature and assume responsibility for yourself you will break more laws and regulations. Whether you get in trouble of not depends on whether you stay out of sight with the hypocritical elites. If you show up on their screen, they will find laws and regulations you have violated.

One example. In the state where I lived it was a felony to remove property that was security for a loan from the state without written permission of the loan holder. That means, if you drove 35 miles from home to have lunch on Sunday you had committed a felony when you crossed the state line. Now, who would care, you say? No one, until they wanted to. Then you would be a felon.

A young man who lived with his mother and was working on developing a better rechargeable battery sold some of the raw material for batteries to another inventor. He shipped it via UPS and while he told them what was in the package it was not marked as Hazardous Material. It wasn't explosive but it was on the list of hazardous materials. He was arrested, of course, and his mothers home was searched by federal officers.

If you go to the filling station to get gasoline for your lawnmower, leaf blower, roto-tiller, snow blower, or generator, how much can you carry in your car without having a placard designating your vehicle as carrying hazardous materials? How much can you carry in your car without committing a felony? I don't know. Who can you call to find out? I don't really know. But, someone does.

A friend of mine was poor and wanted to make some money. He wasn't on welfare. His wife started making breakfast burritos at three in the morning and by seven he had a few hundred breakfast burritos wrapped in aluminum foil and in insulated containers ready to sell. He would visit banks, government buildings, the police department, selling the breakfast burritos. Then one day he didn't come any more.

I went to see him and he said he had gotten in a lot of trouble. His neighbors, who were on welfare and quite jealous of him, had called all sorts of government agencies and reported him for selling burritos. The tax people and the health people moved in and shut him down and fined him heavily. He no longer can make a iittle money selling burritos.

Now, if you're on welfare and spend 100% of your Aid to Dependent Children's check at the local bar, that's okay.

So, Chloe, don't get too sanctimonious. Your freedom is limited by their good graces and not your behavior.

Peter1469
01-28-2013, 07:35 AM
That does not sound like a free society.

patrickt
01-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Since I was a police officer the law has changed and you can now be arrested for lying to a police officer. I find that hard to believe but Americans accept it without a whimper.

If a group of neighborhood thugs beat a man and as they're leaving they see granny watching. "You can be next, Granny." So, when the police come and say, "Granny, did you see what happened?" "No." Felony.

I found a witness once to a beating by a family with four brothers. They had killed people. I asked if she'd testify and she said, "If I do, can you protect me from them?" I said, "No." She said she wouldn't testify and I didn't really blame her. Another police officer said I should have promised her protection.

A college student was in bed and her 53-year old neighbor came in through the window. He forcibly raped her. The police were called and the man was arrested. The next afternoon the victim of the rape called. She was terrified. The man was back home, making faces at her, wiggling his tongue and grinning.

I called and found out his attorney had gotten him out on a personal recognizance bond. That simply means no money. I called the court to start the process for a restraining order but since the man owned the house he couldn't be forced to move and sitting and staring at the victim couldn't be controlled. The judge's suggestion. Tell the girl to move.

The government can't, or won't, protect citizens but they also don't want you to protect yourself by either not getting involved and lying or by having a gun. The elitist hypocrites get to keep lying and having guns, though. But, not you, unless, of course, you're one of the elitists hypocrites.

Now actual perjury is, we learned with President Clinton, not so serious, at least for a President.

nic34
01-28-2013, 09:15 AM
The government can't, or won't, protect citizens but they also don't want you to protect yourself by either not getting involved and lying or by having a gun.

Who said you can't have a gun?