PDA

View Full Version : tPF The truth behind "American Racism"

Private Pickle
01-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Little can be said for those who deny racism is alive and well in America today. Even more little can be said for those who believe racism is more rampant or singular in America than in any other country in the world today.

The difference between American racism and the racism which is extremely prevalent in every other nation on Earth is that Americans are on the forefront of the fight against it. No other country on Earth has the sheer volume of diversity the United States has and as such no other country on Earth struggles with the complexity of race relations to the degree Americans do.

Some will argue that studies show that the U.S. isn't a diverse country. To them I say...start a thread to argue that point... But I think all Americans will agree that the U.S. struggles with it's vast diversity in ways no other country does.

For example do African Americans feel disenfranchised by their government? According to most American media outlets they do. From having a BBQ to the voting booth this media outlet states that the government employs direct action to suppress the African American.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/07/black-voter-suppression-rights-america-trump

Yet it only makes one mention of America's first black President in that he proved Indiana could be carried by the black vote and to that they made a point of how further they were suppressed. Here we have a State that voted for a black President but somehow now as a result suppresses it's black voters.

In Indiana, once it became clear that black people could determine the outcome of an election, like when Barack Obama carried the state in 2008, the Republicans mobilized to cut off African Americans’ access (http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/08/10/the_indiana_gop_cut_early_voting_in_area_with_blac k_democrats_after_2008.html) to the polls.

If you follow the link that states Republicans cut off African American access to the polls you'll find an article where early voting was cutoff in Indianapolis but expanded in the suburbs. They make no reference to nor point to any evidence that would imply this would have any difference in previous or subsequently has had any difference in voting yet here we are. Several court cases later even including the Supreme Court siding with a lawsuit submitted by the NAACP and somehow it is still a problem of institutionalized racism. A black President, a black Caucus which is a racially-exclusive Congressional organization, a Supreme Court ruling and the support of the majority of white Americans it still hasn't stopped African Americans from crying foul. Not to mention the litany of black racially-exclusive schools, political entities and civilian organizations that operate openly and freely without condemnation.

Could it be that Trump was elected because of this very visible yet taboo subject and him indirectly or in some cases directly appealing to it? Could it be that many white Americans cannot freely express their frustrations with regards to this paradigm without being ostracized publicly? Their jobs, families and livelihood at stake? The paradigm being that the majority of white Americans are not racist but cannot talk about their concerns about race relations without being labeled as racists.

Isn't it true that racial-exclusiveness for one race despite that race being a minority is in and of itself inherently wrong for that race as it is for a majority race that displays identical behavior? In addition that the fear of being labeled a racist and all the social ostracization that comes with it if one speaks out against minority racial-exclusiveness actually allows for said racial-exclusiveness to occur undeterred?

Does that racial-exclusiveness, not only allowed but encouraged, then in turn create a sense of entitlement from those enjoying that exclusivity only prompting them to demand more?

Isn't that exactly what the KKK does? No one can deny that the KKK is a tiny minority of individuals who have a sense of entitlement based upon racial-exclusivity. Regardless of the message how can one deny that racial-exclusivity is someone right for some and not for others? Isn't it always wrong?

As a heads up I've created this thread under the banner of tPF given I recognize the sensitive nature of the content. Talk about the topic and not each other. Attack the opinion and not the poster. Otherwise you'll find yourself out of the conversation.

Enjoy.

DGUtley
01-13-2019, 07:46 PM
I have argued that we are not racist, that the USA is not racist but that we do have racists / bigots and a lot of work to do. We actively work against racism and the vast overwhelming majority are adamantly against disparate treatment.

Captain Obvious
01-13-2019, 07:56 PM
I have argued that we are not racist, that the USA is not racist but that we do have racists / bigots and a lot of work to do. We actively work against racism and the vast overwhelming majority are adamantly against disparate treatment.

Collectively we are racist.

Our PC culture is inherently racist, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

That legislators pass laws protecting minorities then use minorities as poster children in their campaigns is a little further down the iceberg.

midcan5
01-13-2019, 08:00 PM
Racism is so American denying it is like denying the earth rotates. Apologists try to find small cracks to excuse their apologies, but anyone who lived through the Muslim, with the fake birth certificate, who didn't believe in American values, but by some alignment of the stars was our last president still thinks America isn't racist lives in deep lalaland.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/102946-Why-wont-liberals-answer-this-question?p=2462929&viewfull=1#post2462929

"White American Christian men out of work or in low paying jobs did not vote for Donald Trump because he promised them financial succour, they voted Trump because of a primordial need to preserve their status as a dominant cohort in society while faced with a tidal wave of multicultural migration."

https://www.orfonline.org/expert-speak/group-instinct-white-tribals-america/

http://www.stirjournal.com/2016/04/01/i-know-why-poor-whites-chant-trump-trump-trump/

"I'm here because our republican values are number one, standing up for local white identity, our identity is under threat, number two, the free market, and number three, killing Jews." Sean Patrick Nielsen, Charlottesville [Video on Washpo]

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26073085-white-rage

"The biggest story in the filthy kike media has been a few lines from Melania's speech which these Jews claim she stole from monkey Michelle," wrote one Trump endorser during the Republican National Convention."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/trump-supporters-neo-nazis-white-nationalists-kkk-militias-racism-hate/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUBh9GqFU3A

"If I tell you who I am, you become nervous and uncomfortable, or antagonized. But if I don’t tell you who I am, I have to pass for white. And why should I have to do that?""Furthermore, it’s our problem if you think that the social fact of my racial identity is in any event just a personal, special fact about me. It’s not. It’s a fact about us.""Because if someone can look and sound like me and still be black, then no one is safely, unquestionably white. No one." Adrian Margaret Smith Piper 'Dear Friend, I am black.''

Chris
01-13-2019, 08:02 PM

Indeed, institutional racism has all but vanished here. SJWs won't be satisfied till the government enforced PC on society.

Private Pickle
01-13-2019, 08:04 PM
Well I think that's a cop out. No country is racist because a country isn't a living entity. The USA is no more racist than Russia, South Africa or Israel where racism is prominent given the racists and bigots they have living within.

The difference between the US and the countries I mentioned is what you stated... We actively fight against it.

With that being said my point still stands. I don't think racially exclusive organizations is the right way to go about fighting racism even if those organizations happen to be run by minorities.

Private Pickle
01-13-2019, 08:08 PM

No we aren't. What are you talking about? The very mention of racism by an individual to the collection results in societal ostracizing.

That legislators pass laws protecting minorities then use minorities as poster children in their campaigns is a little further down the iceberg.

OK I think we are getting to the same point. It's vague as is this issue but I think we agree. If you don't agree with the premise of my OP let me know.

Private Pickle
01-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Indeed, institutional racism has all but vanished here. SJWs won't be satisfied till the government enforced PC on society.

It's not the SJWs we need to worry about....ever.... It's those that actively engage in racial exclusivity and believe it's OK because it's partaken by minorities.

DGUtley
01-13-2019, 08:12 PM
Not just institutionalized racism but individual racism. It still exists but it is loathed.

Well I think that's a cop out. No country is racist because a country isn't a living entity. The USA is no more racist than Russia, South Africa or Israel where racism is prominent given the racists and bigots they have living within.
See Chris’ comments above. The country has outlawed racism in conduct. I stand by my comments.

The difference between the US and the countries I mentioned is what you stated... We actively fight against it.With that being said my point still stands. I don't think racially exclusive organizations is the right way to go about fighting racism even if those organizations happen to be run by minorities.

I think we are in agreement. Thank you.

Chris
01-13-2019, 08:44 PM
It's not the SJWs we need to worry about....ever.... It's those that actively engage in racial exclusivity and believe it's OK because it's partaken by minorities.

Sure, racism is an evil, I don't disagree. But SJWs hunting it down like McCarthy communists is its own evil.

Private Pickle
01-13-2019, 08:44 PM
Racism is so American denying it is like denying the earth rotates. Apologists try to find small cracks to excuse their apologies, but anyone who lived through the Muslim, with the fake birth certificate, who didn't believe in American values, but by some alignment of the stars was our last president still thinks America isn't racist lives in deep lalaland.

Oh brother... Do you actually believe that racism was created by Americans or that it is inherently American? The Muslim with his "fake birth certificate" happened in 2008. Racism has been around since the dawn of races. See the Egyptians who enslabed the Jews given their race. That was 10,000 years ago. I mean really. Get over yourself.
"White American Christian men out of work or in low paying jobs did not vote for Donald Trump because he promised them financial succour, they voted Trump because of a primordial need to preserve their status as a dominant cohort in society while faced with a tidal wave of multicultural migration."

LOL. It was 2016 when Trump was elected. Do you actually think that there were this sheer volume of people out there that until just 2016 debated their status as a "dominant cohort" in society was up until that time at risk? I mean they had a black President from 2008 to 2016. Why didn't they come out in 2008 to usurp Obama? They had the chance again in 2012. Remember? It took them until the first black President was literally not able to run again for them to vote for Trump the racist? Who are you trying to convince at this point?

"I'm here because our republican values are number one, standing up for local white identity, our identity is under threat, number two, the free market, and number three, killing Jews." Sean Patrick Nielsen, Charlottesville [Video on Washpo]

Who is Sean Patrick Nielsen?

"The biggest story in the filthy kike media has been a few lines from Melania's speech which these Jews claim she stole from monkey Michelle," wrote one Trump endorser during the Republican National Convention."

Who is "one Trump endorser"

"If I tell you who I am, you become nervous and uncomfortable, or antagonized. But if I don’t tell you who I am, I have to pass for white. And why should I have to do that?""Furthermore, it’s our problem if you think that the social fact of my racial identity is in any event just a personal, special fact about me. It’s not. It’s a fact about us.""Because if someone can look and sound like me and still be black, then no one is safely, unquestionably white. No one." Adrian Margaret Smith Piper 'Dear Friend, I am black.''

And this disproves my point how?

Chris
01-13-2019, 08:45 PM
Racism is so American denying it is like denying the earth rotates....

Racism was the way of the world. Identifying it as uniquely American is odd, but what an SJW would do.

Chris
01-13-2019, 09:21 PM

What I was trying to get at here is government has a place regulating its institutional racism, leave individual racism for society to take care of.

MisterVeritis
01-13-2019, 09:53 PM
We do not have any work to do. Well, except for defeating the Democratic party. Everything else is piffle.

MisterVeritis
01-13-2019, 09:55 PM
You, Safety, and Agent Zero may collectively be racists. The rest of us are not.

Progressivism is racist. Was that your actual point?

Private Pickle
01-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Not just institutionalized racism but individual racism. It still exists but it is loathed. Correct.

See Chris’ comments above. The country has outlawed racism in conduct. I stand by my comments.

No it hasn't. Criminal acts based on racism yes but racism alone is covered by the 1st. No idea what your comments were so stand by them all you want.

I think we are in agreement. Thank you.

Welcome.

Lummy
01-13-2019, 10:54 PM
Racism is inherent. You can beat racism out of people, pay them not to be racist, pass laws that fuck everything up just to deal with racism, but innate racism is simply suppressed and oppressed. Just talking about race is racist. You put it out there, you talk about it, you deny it and so forth, and all of it is because people are racist.

It's a fundamental hypocrisy.

Ship them back.

Lummy
01-13-2019, 10:58 PM
Even if you aren't racist, you're racist if you lay blame where it belongs.

Private Pickle
01-13-2019, 11:01 PM
Sure, racism is an evil, I don't disagree. But SJWs hunting it down like McCarthy communists is its own evil.

Because it is own brand of racism.

Chris
01-13-2019, 11:36 PM
because it is own brand of racism.

b i n g o ! !

DGUtley
01-14-2019, 07:40 AM
. . . . .See Chris’ comments above. The country has outlawed racism in conduct. . . . .

. . . . No it hasn't. Criminal acts based on racism yes but racism alone is covered by the 1st. . . . .

When I wrote that I thought I might've been unclear. I was really referring to the many legislative efforts -- Voting Rights Act, Fair Housing Act, public accommodation acts, Equal Employment legislation etc. We (the country) have taken steps to legislatively outlaw acts of racism. Yes, one can think racist and speak racist but it is becoming more and more difficult (as it should) to act racist so as to impact others in a tangible non-emotional way. I may not be clear her but I think you get my gist.

Captdon
01-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Racism is inherent. You can beat racism out of people, pay them not to be racist, pass laws that $#@! everything up just to deal with racism, but innate racism is simply suppressed and oppressed. Just talking about race is racist. You put it out there, you talk about it, you deny it and so forth, and all of it is because people are racist.

It's a fundamental hypocrisy.

Ship them back.

Ship who back?

Lummy
01-14-2019, 09:38 AM
Ship who back?

The pizzas. Unethical and possibly illegal as hell.

Please get your priorities in order, thanks.

The Xl
01-14-2019, 11:00 AM
Racism will always exist on some front sadly. However, it's imperative to end racism from the state, as it can ruin lives.

Private Pickle
01-14-2019, 11:22 AM
When I wrote that I thought I might've been unclear. I was really referring to the many legislative efforts -- Voting Rights Act, Fair Housing Act, public accommodation acts, Equal Employment legislation etc. We (the country) have taken steps to legislatively outlaw acts of racism. Yes, one can think racist and speak racist but it is becoming more and more difficult (as it should) to act racist so as to impact others in a tangible non-emotional way. I may not be clear her but I think you get my gist.

No we have outlawed discrimination....not racism...

gamewell45
01-14-2019, 11:42 AM
Thread Ban - MisterVeritis has been banned from this thread for his comments calling someone racist -- do not respond to his posts

Lummy
01-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Racism -- or rather perceptions of racism -- comprises the government's number one lever for imposing itself in private affairs and prying loose the fabric of society. In this, government is self-legislated God. The cost has been enormous and has deeply impacted the country, and will likely get worse, not better. In the face of failure in all it does in this area, it might eventually mandate mixed race marriages.

The 3rd world sees the turmoil government has caused that defaults to them in all matters, and they demand to come in, and right NOW!

DGUtley
01-14-2019, 07:47 PM
GENERAL WARNING, please refrain from name-calling and insults. Racist posts are considered bad faith.

Tahuyaman
01-15-2019, 02:39 AM

Obviotsly racists exist in the US as they do in every action on earth.

Racism is not an ingrained element of American society. We are perhaps the least racist society on earth.

However there is a segment of our society which will never be happy. Part of that segment has made racism a profit generating industry and they have a vested interest in ensuring racism looks to be the problem in modern America.

I have no patience for people who claim that America is a racist society. They are ignorant and narrow minded.