PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul offers an alternative solution to fixing America's illegal immigration probl

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Ron Paul offers an alternative solution to fixing America's illegal immigration problem (https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-paul-offers-alternative-solution-020157412.html)

Ron Paul says we don't need a wall, we need to remove all incentives to come here. No job, benefits, healthcare ect. for illegals.

Video at link.

Agent Zero
01-14-2019, 09:59 AM
He's an idiot but you have to give the two libertarians in the country credit. They will fight to negate the founding fathers to the end.

Chris
01-14-2019, 10:06 AM
He's an idiot but you have to give the two libertarians in the country credit. They will fight to negate the founding fathers to the end.

Tell us, 0, what did the founders want.

Chris
01-14-2019, 10:07 AM
Ron Paul offers an alternative solution to fixing America's illegal immigration problem (https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-paul-offers-alternative-solution-020157412.html)

Ron Paul says we don't need a wall, we need to remove all incentives to come here. No job, benefits, healthcare ect. for illegals.

Video at link.

That would mean cracking down on those who hire illegals.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 10:18 AM

Dismissed as rabid ad hom.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 10:18 AM

We should have been doing that for the last two decades.

Chris
01-14-2019, 10:21 AM
We should have been doing that for the last two decades.

Right, but businesses like cheap labor and politicians look the other way.

nathanbforrest45
01-14-2019, 10:24 AM

If you attempted to eliminate any and all benefits to illegal aliens then you will have a continuous fight with the knuckleheaded Agent Zero's of the country. A better solution would be to pass laws outlawing the hiring of any person engaged in illegal activity, regardless if you know they are or not and then arrest those who do so. Anyone who is in this country illegally is by definition engaged in an illegal activity. Perhaps those hiring illegals will just write off fines and imprisonment as a cost of doing business but I would suspect most would stop after a time or two. How could even the Agent Zero's of the world object to penalties against those breaking the law without looking extremely stupid?

Chris
01-14-2019, 10:41 AM
If you attempted to eliminate any and all benefits to illegal aliens then you will have a continuous fight with the knuckleheaded Agent Zero's of the country. A better solution would be to pass laws outlawing the hiring of any person engaged in illegal activity, regardless if you know they are or not and then arrest those who do so. Anyone who is in this country illegally is by definition engaged in an illegal activity. Perhaps those hiring illegals will just write off fines and imprisonment as a cost of doing business but I would suspect most would stop after a time or two. How could even the Agent Zero's of the world object to penalties against those breaking the law without looking extremely stupid?

I think though that even Republicans resist cracking down, always have, at least establishment politicians.

The Xl
01-14-2019, 10:57 AM

Yeah, it's the libertarians fighting to negate the founders. Lol

Agent Zero
01-14-2019, 04:44 PM
Yeah, it's the libertarians fighting to negate the founders. Lol

You finally got one right.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 06:04 PM
lol

donttread
01-14-2019, 06:10 PM

How would someone who's platform is basically the Constitution and BOR's "negate the Founding Fathers" LOL

donttread
01-14-2019, 06:15 PM
Tell us, 0, what did the founders want.

Pretty much what Rand Paul wants so this explanation should be good.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 07:09 PM
How would someone who's platform is basically the Constitution and BOR's "negate the Founding Fathers" LOL

Don't worry, rational people don't say that.

MisterVeritis
01-14-2019, 07:22 PM

Video at link.
I am sure he offered legislation.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 07:51 PM
I am sure he offered legislation.
Don't know. But it is consistent with his libertarian views.

MisterVeritis
01-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Don't know. But it is consistent with his libertarian views.
If he failed to offer legislation then he is masturbating in public.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 08:14 PM
If he failed to offer legislation then he is masturbating in public.

Looks like he wanted to end birth right citizenship (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legislation_sponsored_by_Ron_Paul#Borders_ and_immigration) (although an Amendment is not necessary to do that).

MisterVeritis
01-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Looks like he wanted to end birth right citizenship (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legislation_sponsored_by_Ron_Paul#Borders_ and_immigration) (although an Amendment is not necessary to do that).
That covers Ron Paul. Is he still alive?

Ron Paul, former representative. So no legislation.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 08:25 PM
That covers Ron Paul. Is he still alive?

Ron Paul, former representative. So no legislation.
The link has a list of legislation he sponsored.

MisterVeritis
01-14-2019, 08:32 PM
The link has a list of legislation he sponsored.
None of Ron Paul's legislation went anywhere, did it?

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 08:37 PM
None of Ron Paul's legislation went anywhere, did it?
We need more libertarians in Congress.

Just AnotherPerson
01-14-2019, 09:08 PM
I love Ron Paul!

Just AnotherPerson
01-14-2019, 09:26 PM
I think that the hodurans should take the offer to stay in Mexico. They must be facing severe things to make them want to come here even though we will abuse and discriminate against them. Like I said in my other thread it is not the Mexicans trying to come here, it is the Hondurans. Mexico's economy is donig great. Mexico is in a worker shortage. They need the workers. http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/104630-We-don-t-need-the-wall-Mexico-is-booming! Mexico is doing so good that we are making money off of them with the trade deal. If they were not doing good, then we couldn't be making money off of them. In all reality I think the benefit goes both ways. We are trading partners.

Also I don't see what the problem letting the immigrants in is, if they try to come here legally. Then why oppose them. If they go through proper channels then they are not illegals. Many are seeking political asylum. That is not illegal. We just like Mexico are experiencing a worker shortage. Our crops are rotting in the fields. More Mexicans are leaving than coming here. Immigration is in a decline. We actually need the workers, and they need safe lives free of tyranny. It is a win win if you ask me.

I know you will tell me about the crimes, but first tell me about the crimes committed by our own citizens.