PDA

View Full Version : The 5 most likely Trump impeachment scenarios

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 12:30 PM
The 5 most likely Trump impeachment scenarios (https://theweek.com/articles/817163/5-most-likely-trump-impeachment-scenarios)

This article discusses 5 possible impeachment scenarios. Read the article for the details.

Scenario 1: The House votes to impeach Trump and he is removed from office by the Senate.

Scenario 2: The House votes to impeach Trump, but he is not convicted and removed from office by the Senate.

Scenario 3: The House votes to impeach Trump, but the Senate does not hold a trial.

Scenario 4: The House does not move to impeach Trump.

Scenario 5: The House holds one or more votes to impeach Trump that fail.

I find three to be intriguing.

Kalkin
01-14-2019, 12:58 PM
I find #4 to be the most likely scenario. They have no solid grounds for impeachment and even nancy know the optics of doing so will harm the democrat party. That's why she's already crabwalking on the issue.

MisterVeritis
01-14-2019, 01:02 PM
I find #4 to be the most likely scenario. They have no solid grounds for impeachment and even nancy know the optics of doing so will harm the democrat party. That's why she's already crabwalking on the issue.
This will change if President Trump caves on the border wall. Without his supporters, there will be no downside to the radical left's impeachment machinations. If President Trump loses his supporters he will be impeached and may be removed.

Build the wall, Mr. President.

alexa
01-14-2019, 01:19 PM
This will change if President Trump caves on the border wall. Without his supporters, there will be no downside to the radical left's impeachment machinations. If President Trump loses his supporters he will be impeached and may be removed.

If Trump loses his moronic supporters, he still won't be impeached.

The Republican lickspittles in the Senate won't allow it.

MisterVeritis
01-14-2019, 01:23 PM

If Trump loses his moronic supporters, he still won't be impeached.
Impeachment is the sole province of the House of Representatives.

The Republican lickspittles in the Senate won't allow it.
The Senate plays no role in the impeachment.

Chris
01-14-2019, 02:03 PM
The 5 most likely Trump impeachment scenarios (https://theweek.com/articles/817163/5-most-likely-trump-impeachment-scenarios)

This article discusses 5 possible impeachment scenarios. Read the article for the details.

Scenario 1: The House votes to impeach Trump and he is removed from office by the Senate.

Scenario 2: The House votes to impeach Trump, but he is not convicted and removed from office by the Senate.

Scenario 3: The House votes to impeach Trump, but the Senate does not hold a trial.

Wouldn't the Senate have to hold a trial if the House impeaches?

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 02:09 PM
Wouldn't the Senate have to hold a trial if the House impeaches?

There is no requirement that I know of.

stjames1_53
01-14-2019, 02:19 PM

but seriously, what charges could they possibly come up with that would stick?

Chris
01-14-2019, 02:28 PM
There is no requirement that I know of.

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments."

Hmm, I guess it doesn't say they shall try.

MisterVeritis
01-14-2019, 02:30 PM
The specific charges do not matter. The House will poll-test charges to find some winners for themselves.

Tahuyaman
01-14-2019, 02:44 PM
I doubt that the House of Reps will persue impeachment. It would destroy their chances in 2020. There are a couple of loons who represent far left districts who will introduce articles of impeachment, but they will be humored then dismissed.

stjames1_53
01-14-2019, 02:45 PM
The specific charges do not matter. The House will poll-test charges to find some winners for themselves.

you've misspelled whiners

pjohns
01-14-2019, 02:59 PM
]The Democrats] have no solid grounds for impeachment...
Of course, impeachment is far more of a political issue than it is a legal issue; "high crimes and misdemeanors" is a term that is almost infinitely flexible.

So perhaps the Democrat-majority House may vote to impeach President Trump--the energy nowadays, in the Democratic Party, is coming from the far left--but the Senate will never muster the 67 votes needed to convict.

So why would I even care if the House might impeach President Trump?

(Remember, it has nothing at all to do with a successful presidency. Bill Clinton was quite successful after he was impeached by the House.)

Kalkin
01-14-2019, 03:08 PM
Of course, impeachment is far more of a political issue than it is a legal issue; "high crimes and misdemeanors" is a term that is almost infinitely flexible.

So perhaps the Democrat-majority House may vote to impeach President Trump--the energy nowadays, in the Democratic Party, is coming from the far left--but the Senate will never muster the 67 votes needed to convict.

(Remember, it has nothing at all to do with a successful presidency. Bill Clinton was quite successful after he was impeached by the House.)

The only reason (unspoken) that they might do it is reciprocation for the clinton impeachment.

Green Arrow
01-14-2019, 03:18 PM
I don’t see it happening unless there’s some bombshell out there waiting in the wings. It would have to be good though, to even make impeachment worthwhile you’d have to have the Senate GOP on your side. Trump is toxic but not enough to make the Senate GOP jump ship.

IMO, the Democrats should just table the impeachment talk and focus on 2020.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 04:27 PM

Impeachment is not a legal matter. It is a political matter.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 04:28 PM
"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments."

Hmm, I guess it doesn't say they shall try.
Right. They don't have to acknowledge an impeachment from the House.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 04:29 PM

The Senate needs only 50% to convict.

countryboy
01-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Impeachment is not a legal matter. It is a political matter.

While that may be technically true, the founders never intended it to be a frivolous endeavor.

Agent Zero
01-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Where's the "He'll resign the minute Junior's Indicted" option?

pragmatic
01-14-2019, 04:56 PM

If Nancy and House decide to move forward with an impeachment we can be pretty certain that it was first "poll tested". Like her or hate her, Pelosi is no dummy.

Believe a lesson was learned by the GOP when they impeached Clinton. That action turned off a lot of voters on both sides of the aisle.

pragmatic
01-14-2019, 04:58 PM

Don't believe that is correct.

stjames1_53
01-14-2019, 04:59 PM

...............stupid post..................did you fish that out of your septic tank?

countryboy
01-14-2019, 05:03 PM

Libs are soooo gullible, lol.

alexa
01-14-2019, 05:21 PM
the senate needs only 50% to convict.

the constitution, article i, section 3:

the senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments. When sitting for that purpose, they shall be on oath or affirmation. When the president of the united states is tried, the chief justice shall preside: and no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two thirds of the members present.
judgment in cases of impeachments shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the united states, but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment, and punishmnet, according to law.

https://www.famous-trials.com/johnson/487-constitution

stjames1_53
01-14-2019, 05:24 PM
https://www.famous-trials.com/johnson/487-constitution

so, it takes MORE than half................ thanks for pointing that out

alexa
01-14-2019, 05:27 PM
so, it takes MORE than half................ thanks for pointing that out

Yes, it does.

Can't fool you for long, huh?

stjames1_53
01-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Yes, it does.

Can't fool you for long, huh?

you've never fooled anyone. We all know what you are...................... sh!t dude, you can't even take a fricking compliment without being a smartass

Kalkin
01-14-2019, 05:42 PM
It's in the fantasy section.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 06:12 PM
While that may be technically true, the founders never intended it to be a frivolous endeavor.

Absolutely correct. And the dems know if they try that now, the next (D) president will have articles of impeachment waiting for him or her after the swearing in ceremony.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 06:13 PM

Inside your dark heart?

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 06:17 PM
Don't believe that is correct.

You seem to be correct. 2/3rds of Senators much vote to convict. (https://www.elitedaily.com/news/politics/number-members-congress-need-impeach-president/1958544)

I have seen other sources say only 50%.

Tahuyaman
01-14-2019, 06:18 PM
Trump Jr is not going to be indicted then put on trial and found guilty of any crime. In order for that to happen, he would first need to committ a crime. He's also not going to plead out for not committing a crime.

Captdon
01-14-2019, 06:52 PM

No,no. They need 2/3.

Peter1469
01-14-2019, 07:36 PM
No,no. They need 2/3.

I see that now.

countryboy
01-14-2019, 07:52 PM
Absolutely correct. And the dems know if they try that now, the next (D) president will have articles of impeachment waiting for him or her after the swearing in ceremony.

They really have backed themselves into a corner. They have been chanting "impeachment" for some time now.

LongIsland174
01-15-2019, 10:02 AM

So you're saying the wall should be built so Trump won't get impeached?

stjames1_53
01-15-2019, 11:28 AM

No. We're stipulating that we need the wall.............
what would Hillary do?

MisterVeritis
01-15-2019, 11:30 AM
I am impressed with your leaps of fanciful logic. What other tricks do you do?

pjohns
01-15-2019, 01:47 PM
From Wikipedia: "The Constitution requires a two-thirds super majority (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermajority#Two-thirds_vote) to convict a person being impeached."

Here is the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States

Tahuyaman
01-15-2019, 05:33 PM

4 is the most likely. 5 is the second most likely. 1,2 and 3 would destroy the Democrtaic party as we know it for at least a decade.

Peter1469
01-15-2019, 06:08 PM
4 is the most likely. 5 is the second most likely. 1,2 and 3 would destroy the Democrtaic party as we know it for at least a decade.

3 would make me smile.

Tahuyaman
01-15-2019, 06:13 PM
3 would make me smile.
2 and 3 would be ok.