PDA

View Full Version : And Once Again, Liberals Demonstrate They Are Incapable of Grasping Reality

Mainecoons
01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Now the financial industry is voting with its feet and leaving liberalland New York, taking their tax dollars and economic support with them.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/wall_st_flees_ny_for_tax_free_fla_Q6e4qSDMUethpylf znC4tO

Now since Obama has done so much for them in the last four years, I'm sure he secretly approves. :rofl:

bladimz
01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Yep. Palm Beach County will be in that "New York State-of-Mind" soon enough. You can take the hedge-fund exec out of New York, but you'll never take New York out of the hedge-fund exec. :grin:

Cigar
01-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Humm leaving one Blue State for another. :)

Alif Qadr
01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Cigar, I think that the point is that because of New York State's and New York City's extremely high and ever increasing tax rate, Hedge fund and private equity firms are leaving the east coast bastion of Progressive governance to Florida where is no income tax and the other taxes are less. Another blow to Progressive economics. I have a suspicion that the entire United States is going to experience the same flight due to increased federal taxation. If you want a country, I suggest that you petition your Commie, I mean Progressive leaders to lighten up on people and their money.

Deadwood
01-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Cigar, I think that the point is that because of New York State's and New York City's extremely high and ever increasing tax rate, Hedge fund and private equity firms are leaving the east coast bastion of Progressive governance to Florida where is no income tax and the other taxes are less. Another blow to Progressive economics. I have a suspicion that the entire United States is going to experience the same flight due to increased federal taxation. If you want a country, I suggest that you petition your Commie, I mean Progressive leaders to lighten up on people and their money.

Very excellent post sir...but wasted here. When you venture into the arena of economics in any way, the cigar goes out.

KC
01-28-2013, 05:03 PM

True. The same thing is illustrated by a wealthy Frenchman leaving his country to escape Hollande's 75% top income tax rate.

nic34
01-28-2013, 05:32 PM

I'm not sure, but I think we did just fine after Clinton raised the top tax rates in 1993 and nobody ran away then.... budget surplus and all.... just sayin'...

bladimz
01-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah. A story about a bunch of high dollar hedge-fund gangsters moving south morphing into a national flight to the tax-free state of Florida, (vacation spot of the Cuban Mafia) is a bit of a stretch. Hard to believe that the only option these million-dollar babies have to avoid taxes is to move to Florida. If it is, they need to dump their accountants. If they really wanted to avoid taxes, why stop at Florida? I'm sure they could find a nice spot in the Caymans.

Mainecoons
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure, but I think we did just fine after Clinton raised the top tax rates in 1993 and nobody ran away then.... budget surplus and all.... just sayin'...

Genius, the story is about people moving out of high tax, bloated government New York.