PDA

View Full Version : OAKLAND POLICE PUT ANOTHER VET IN THE ICU

jgreer
11-05-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/04/us-protests-oakland-veteran-idUSTRE7A37A820111104

This time they have critically injured an Army Ranger who was involved in the Occupy Oakland peaceful protests.

He is a vet of Afghanistan and Iraq and has a full time job, he was trying to leave as ordered when he said the police jumped him.

Lets all wish him a speedy recovery before Veterans Day and hold the Oakland Police Department responsible for their continued brutality!!

Mister D
11-05-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/04/us-protests-oakland-veteran-idUSTRE7A37A820111104

This time they have critically injured an Army Ranger who was involved in the Occupy Oakland peaceful protests.

He is a vet of Afghanistan and Iraq and has a full time job, he was trying to leave as ordered when he said the police jumped him.

Lets all wish him a speedy recovery before Veterans Day and hold the Oakland Police Department responsible for their continued brutality!!

Yeah, that sounds plausible. People get randomly "jumped" by law enforcement all the time. One time, I saw this guy come out of Dunkin Donuts and this squad pulled into the lot. Before you knew it BAM! They were all over him. :o It was crazy. They beat him senseless, bought some donuts and drove off.

jgreer
11-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Yeah, that sounds plausible. People get randomly "jumped" by law enforcement all the time. One time, I saw this guy come out of Dunkin Donuts and this squad pulled into the lot. Before you knew it BAM! They were all over him. :o It was crazy. They beat him senseless, bought some donuts and drove off.

I know you are joking but it is actually even worse. It is awful. The police were talking to him one of them jumped him and then the rest beat him to a pulp. They put him in a jail cell injured and eventually he was bailed out. Even after he was bailed out though the guy couldn't even stand up he was lying on the floor of the cell. After a few more hours they realized the guy was dying and finally called an ambulance. Believe me this is going to be national news even tho all the major us media outlets are not reporting it.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 01:41 PM

I know you are joking but it is actually even worse. It is awful. The police were talking to him one of them jumped him and then the rest beat him to a pulp. They put him in a jail cell injured and eventually he was bailed out. Even after he was bailed out though the guy couldn't even stand up he was lying on the floor of the cell. After a few more hours they realized the guy was dying and finally called an ambulance. Believe me this is going to be national news even tho all the major us media outlets are not reporting it.

They left the Dunkin' Donuts guy sprawled out in the parking lot. It was crazy. :o

jgreer
11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Did you read anything I wrote?

Mister D
11-05-2011, 03:24 PM

It all sounds fishy to me, greer. I'd wait before hyperventilating no matter politically useful his supposed misfortune may be to you. ;)

jgreer
11-05-2011, 03:28 PM

It all sounds fishy to me, greer. I'd wait before hyperventilating no matter politically useful his supposed misfortune may be to you. ;)

Look at the articles I posted though. If you want to wait fine I don't think the US media can ignore this story for ever. They are lucky it's a weekend, that's all I can say.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Look at the articles I posted though. If you want to wait fine I don't think the US media can ignore this story for ever. They are lucky it's a weekend, that's all I can say.

Perhaps there is no story?

jgreer
11-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Now the Main Stream Media is picking it up

Sabeghi underwent surgery at Highland for about two hours. Doctors tried to repair his spleen, which was apparently ruptured after Sabeghi was beaten and arrested.

"Just because you have the power to do so does't mean you have the right to do so," Sabeghi said. "You can't treat people that way. If someone is injured...you have to take care of them."

His sister said Sabeghi spent the night in a jail cell and was refused medical treatment for nearly 24 hours.

"At one point he asked for assistance and they told him to stop taking heroin," Sabeghi said. "Another time they told him he was an alcholic and a diabetic, neither of which are true."

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8419771

Deny all you want the story is coming out. Make your donuts jokes it doesn't change the truth. IT IS A STORY!

jgreer
11-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Google his name you will see hundreds of articles about him now. Hundreds.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Yawn. I think I'll wait.

jgreer
11-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks for all your contributions to my topic. You have made yourself look really good.

Captain Obvious
11-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I always have a tough time pinning blame on the police when they're responding to civil disobedience and criminal activity. It would be one thing if these demonstrations were peaceful. They were not, they were criminally disruptive.

Sounds more like liberal bed shitting to me.

jgreer
11-05-2011, 06:45 PM
I always have a tough time pinning blame on the police when they're responding to civil disobedience and criminal activity. It would be one thing if these demonstrations were peaceful. They were not, they were criminally disruptive.

The man had his spleen broken and was left without medical attention. He could have died. NO matter what you think he did that is not how the police should work. There will be a big lawsuit and he will win. Also I believe he didn't resist or do anything to justify the attack.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 06:48 PM

The man had his spleen broken and was left without medical attention. He could have died. NO matter what you think he did that is not how the police should work. There will be a big lawsuit and he will win. Also I believe he didn't resist or do anything to justify the attack.

Greer, I'll wait for the facts to come out. I have a very hard time believing this man was "jumped" and I also fail to see what relevance his veteran status has in this case.

Captain Obvious
11-05-2011, 06:49 PM
How the hell do you know, were you there?

I'll reserve judgment until the story develops more. What I won't do is jump to conclusions because I want to for political pissing contest reasons.

If you are involved in criminal activity and disobey the police, don't piss and whine when you get your speen broken. I've encountered the police on several occasions. When they told me to disperse - I fucking dispersed.

... and I still have my spleen.

Go figure.

jgreer
11-05-2011, 06:50 PM
To Mister D

The facts are the guy ended up in the ICU! After spending many hours in police custody. That's not opinion that is FACT!

jgreer
11-05-2011, 06:52 PM

I'll reserve judgment until the story develops more. What I won't do is jump to conclusions because I want to for political pissing contest reasons.

If you are involved in criminal activity and disobey the police, don't piss and whine when you get your speen broken. I've encountered the police on several occasions. When they told me to disperse - I fucking dispersed.

Go figure.

You arent reserving judgement you are automatically siding with the cops.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 06:52 PM

Go figure.

:D Exactly. What does he expect?

Yeah, I've encountered the police several times as a younger man myself. When they told me get out of the car. I did so. I don't argue with the police. I don't demand to know why they pulled me over. Why sense is their in making it into a confrontation? Moreover, a confrontation you will undoubtedly lose and badly.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Go figure.

Bullshit. You breathlessly report police brutality when the facts are not yet out. You are the only one prematurely choosing a side.

Captain Obvious
11-05-2011, 06:59 PM

Go figure.

The fuck I am.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Consider the position they're in. Dealing with a mob hell bent on shutting down the 5th largest port in the US.

I get pretty fucking tired of you knee jerk liberals crying wolf every time a cop does his job. You think this guy, part of a fucking mob maybe on the verge of a riot was lawfully dispersing? Like you, I wasn't there but the likely case is that this guy was continuing to disturb the police. Mob mentality. You think cops have nothing better to do when dealing with a mob than to pick out someone who is legally dispersing and kick his ass?

That's fucking bullshit, it's a slap in the face to law enforcement - to immediately take the side of a liberal douchewad because you're one yourself.

Again, I don't know all the facts but the picture you're painting is fucking ridiculous. If these cops did what you're suggesting they did then yeah, they should be prosecuted - but you are showing zero objectivity in this matter simply because you want to believe what you want to believe and damn the facts, whatever they really are.

jgreer
11-05-2011, 06:59 PM

Go figure.

Bullshit. You breathlessly report police brutality when the facts are not yet out. You are the only one prematurely choosing a side.

Just told you the facts. Unless you want to argue the guy broke his own ribs and spleen.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Ditto what the Captain said. What happened is as yet unclear.

jgreer
11-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Yes I am not surprised you would never disagree with him

Mister D
11-05-2011, 07:36 PM

:D Yeah, if only you knew our history!

jgreer
11-05-2011, 07:42 PM

You have a long history together as partners doesn't surprise me.

Captain Obvious
11-05-2011, 07:43 PM

;)