PDA

View Full Version : Roger Stone Indicted

hanger4
01-25-2019, 07:24 AM
https://www.google.com/search?client=ucweb-b-bookmark&ei=E_tKXPChJ-GOggfkh77ACA&q=Roger+Stone+indicted&oq=Roger+Stone+indicted&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.12...16015.17577..19382...0.0..0.196.525.0j3. .....0....1.cnF0MvKEI5s .............. Seems he lied about his contacts with WikiLeaks

Common
01-25-2019, 07:25 AM
This has been in the works

Safety
01-25-2019, 07:49 AM
LoL, where's all the calls about a "nothingburger" now?

Oh, before I forget... rut-roh.

Ethereal
01-25-2019, 08:10 AM
Indictments prove nothing.

More allegations of process crimes.

Zero proof that Trump "colluded" with the Russians.

Zero proof that the Russian state "interfered" in the elections.

Wake me up when something important happens.

MisterVeritis
01-25-2019, 09:22 AM
LoL, where's all the calls about a "nothingburger" now?

Oh, before I forget... rut-roh.
Wait a day. If your erection lasts longer than four hours, as it often does when these stories are staged, well, you know.

alexa
01-25-2019, 09:46 AM
*process crimes* didn't seem to exist when it was Hillary in the crosshairs.

Go figure

hanger4
01-25-2019, 11:15 AM
*process crimes* didn't seem to exist when it was Hillary in the crosshairs.Go figureCopy that alexa, reckon why that was ??

Max Rockatansky
01-25-2019, 11:29 AM
https://www.google.com/search?client=ucweb-b-bookmark&ei=E_tKXPChJ-GOggfkh77ACA&q=Roger+Stone+indicted&oq=Roger+Stone+indicted&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.12...16015.17577..19382...0.0..0.196.525.0j3. .....0....1.cnF0MvKEI5s .............. Seems he lied about his contacts with WikiLeaks
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He threatened a witness's dog. What a scumbag.

Private Pickle
01-25-2019, 12:00 PM

Go figure

You mean they didn't exist for her...she wasn't indicted...

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 02:31 PM
Or not- he says he did not have contact with them and does not know what Wiki has and what evidence the government has. That is why his attorneys asked for clarification from the prosecution.

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 02:31 PM

Go figure
The Espionage Act, the Federal Records Act, ect are not process crimes.

alexa
01-25-2019, 06:32 PM
Copy that alexa, reckon why that was ??
Because hacks like you weren't defending her.

Process crimes are crimes committed by those whom RWNJ worship.

Other people don't get the same cushy treatment.

alexa
01-25-2019, 06:33 PM
The Espionage Act, the Federal Records Act, ect are not process crimes.

Is perjury a process crime?

Max Rockatansky
01-25-2019, 06:42 PM
No, it's not. Neither is violating handling of classified material laws or obstruction of justice.

alexa
01-25-2019, 06:44 PM
No, it's not. Neither is violating handling of classified material laws or obstruction of justice.

I don't disagree.

Process crimes are a construct of Trump's defenders.

Max Rockatansky
01-25-2019, 06:50 PM
I don't disagree.
Agreed. They said one thing when it was Hillary but reversed themselves when it was Trump. Go figure.

hanger4
01-25-2019, 06:52 PM
Because hacks like you weren't defending her.Process crimes are crimes committed by those whom RWNJ worship.Other people don't get the same cushy treatment.Or could it be because her aids were given immuinty ?? Naaaaah that couldn't be it.

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 07:57 PM
Yes.

Process crimes are crimes that impede the judicial process.

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 07:58 PM
I don't disagree.

Not unless they have been around for a very long time- back to English Common Law.

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 07:58 PM
Agreed. They said one thing when it was Hillary but reversed themselves when it was Trump. Go figure.
How so?

Max Rockatansky
01-25-2019, 08:15 PM
How so?
I think Hillary was guilty as Hell for several things beginning with her and Bill's actions in Arkansas. The Republicans have been after her for so long, often rightfully so, that they've lost all perspective. The CT shit about Vince Foster and Benghazi (I'd look more at Obama for that one) are the ludicrous examples. Her exclusive use of a private unsecure server, blatant disregard for classified material handling protocols and her excessive financial influence on the DNC are the most factual criminal complaints against her. What happened? Nothing. She skated and now sips bottles of wine in her multi-million dollar homes. Meanwhile, the Republicans who made all of these complaints and actions against her are now whining when the same is done to Trump for legitimate reasons. The hypocrisy is neck deep.

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 08:40 PM
I think Hillary was guilty as Hell for several things beginning with her and Bill's actions in Arkansas. The Republicans have been after her for so long, often rightfully so, that they've lost all perspective. The CT shit about Vince Foster and Benghazi (I'd look more at Obama for that one) are the ludicrous examples. Her exclusive use of a private unsecure server, blatant disregard for classified material handling protocols and her excessive financial influence on the DNC are the most factual criminal complaints against her. What happened? Nothing. She skated and now sips bottles of wine in her multi-million dollar homes. Meanwhile, the Republicans who made all of these complaints and actions against her are now whining when the same is done to Trump for legitimate reasons. The hypocrisy is neck deep.

I am still waiting for something legitimate about Trump and any crime.

I also think the Special Counsel memo appointing Muehler is legally insufficient.

alexa
01-25-2019, 08:41 PM

I also think the Special Counsel memo appointing Muehler is legally insufficient.

All good things come to he who waits.

Tough break on the special counsel memo.

roadmaster
01-25-2019, 08:47 PM
Muehler was allowed to go against the constitution and take all attorney and client privilege in his last raid. The FBI has all the man had, even ones who had nothing to do with anything. Trump could have put an end to this and he didn't a long time ago. People are looking and not seeing.

Max Rockatansky
01-25-2019, 08:47 PM
I also think the Special Counsel memo appointing Muehler is legally insufficient.It might come, it might not. I have no clue what Mueller has found or what is coming.

Insufficient for what? He was assigned a mission just like Starr was given and he's following the evidence just like Starr did. Was what Starr did wrong? Insufficient??

Max Rockatansky
01-25-2019, 08:48 PM
Muehler was allowed to go against the constitution and take all attorney and client privilege in his last raid. The FBI has all the man had, even ones who had nothing to do with anything. Trump could have put an end to this and he didn't a long time ago. People are looking and not seeing.
Disagreed, but if that was true, then the people who such evidence was used against will win on appeal.

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 09:04 PM
It might come, it might not. I have no clue what Mueller has found or what is coming.

Insufficient for what? He was assigned a mission just like Starr was given and he's following the evidence just like Starr did. Was what Starr did wrong? Insufficient??

The special counsel statute requires that it is based on an underlying crime. The Mueller investigation is based on "collusion" and whatever that leads to. Collusion is nowhere to be found in the US criminal code.

alexa
01-25-2019, 09:07 PM
The special counsel statute requires that it is based on an underlying crime. The Mueller investigation is based on "collusion" and whatever that leads to. Collusion is nowhere to be found in the US criminal code.

Oddly, collusion is nowhere to be found in the letter appointing Mueller, either.

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 09:13 PM
Oddly, collusion is nowhere to be found in the letter appointing Mueller, either.
That is what paragraph (b) (1) means. Nevertheless, there is no underlying crime to serve as the basis of the appointment memo.

alexa
01-25-2019, 09:16 PM
That is what paragraph (b) (1) means. Nevertheless, there is no underlying crime to serve as the basis of the appointment memo.
So Russian interference in our election isn't a crime in your opinion?

That's an interesting position.

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 09:20 PM
So Russian interference in our election isn't a crime in your opinion?

That's an interesting position.
It doesn't have to do with Trump.

Russia and the Soviets before them have interfered in our elections for several decades. As we have theirs.

Max Rockatansky
01-25-2019, 09:22 PM
Sorry, but that's not true. The underlying crime is cyberwarfare by a foreign government.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election

alexa
01-25-2019, 09:24 PM
It doesn't have to do with Trump.

Russia and the Soviets before them have interfered in our elections for several decades. As we have theirs.

I guess Trump is just unlucky then.

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Looks like he is caught up in a general warrant. We never allowed those here in the old Colonies.

alexa
01-25-2019, 09:30 PM
Looks like he is caught up in a general warrant. We never allowed those here in the old Colonies.

Odd, how none of the hundreds of lawyers involved have twigged to this.

You should file an amicus brief.

Indeed, as an officer of the court, aren't you obligated to do so?

Peter1469
01-25-2019, 09:31 PM
Odd, how none of the hundreds of lawyers involved have twigged to this.

You should file an amicus brief.

Indeed, as an officer of the court, aren't you obligated to do so?
There is no obligation to do so. Other lawyers have noted this as well. I said months ago that it is possible the document was made that way on purpose.

alexa
01-25-2019, 09:32 PM
There is no obligation to do so. Other lawyers have noted this as well. I said months ago that it is possible the document was made that way on purpose.
Anything's possible.

Why hasn't one of Trump's surrogates challenge it on that basis?

Peter1469
01-26-2019, 05:42 AM
Anything's possible.

Why hasn't one of Trump's surrogates challenge it on that basis?
Two reasons. First, their crimes were either not related to the memo- process crimes such as lying to investigators, congress, etc. So even if Mueller's mandate is legally insufficient, you still can't lie to federal agents.

Second, for those who plead guilty it seems as if Mueller had lots of things on each (like tax fraud, perjury, etc) and agreed to a fast plead deal (i.e. something that could be said to make Trump look bad) to make the pain go away.

Max Rockatansky
01-26-2019, 10:17 AM
Two reasons. First, their crimes were either not related to the memo- process crimes such as lying to investigators, congress, etc. So even if Mueller's mandate is legally insufficient, you still can't lie to federal agents.

Second, for those who plead guilty it seems as if Mueller had lots of things on each (like tax fraud, perjury, etc) and agreed to a fast plead deal (i.e. something that could be said to make Trump look bad) to make the pain go away.
Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion, not mass murder even though he was behind the St. Valentine's Day massacre and numerous other murders. Whatever works, eh?

https://i.imgflip.com/2s3ik2.jpg

Peter1469
01-26-2019, 07:50 PM
Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion, not mass murder even though he was behind the St. Valentine's Day massacre and numerous other murders. Whatever works, eh?

Investigations in Al Capone had legal bases.

MisterVeritis
01-26-2019, 07:58 PM
All good things come to he who waits.

Tough break on the special counsel memo.
It is not a tough break. It is a crime.

MisterVeritis
01-26-2019, 07:59 PM
It might come, it might not. I have no clue what Mueller has found or what is coming.

Give me the name and I will find you a crime.

We don't do that here. Until Mueller.

MisterVeritis
01-26-2019, 08:03 PM
Sorry, but that's not true. The underlying crime is cyberwarfare by a foreign government.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election

That would be a counterintelligence investigation not a coup against a sitting president.

MisterVeritis
01-26-2019, 08:03 PM
It is called a coup attempt. The people who engineered it need to be hanged.

alexa
01-26-2019, 08:05 PM
It is not a tough break. It is a crime.

And it's gotten past every one of the hundreds of lawyers involved.

Hmmm

What can I say?

Tough break

alexa
01-26-2019, 08:06 PM
That would be a counterintelligence investigation not a coup against a sitting president.

Careful, you're veering dangerously close to rationality

Max Rockatansky
01-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Which is exactly what it is. Why else is the Republican Senate and, for two years, the Republican House supporting it?

MisterVeritis
01-26-2019, 08:26 PM
And it's gotten past every one of the hundreds of lawyers involved.
Hmmm
What can I say?
Tough break
There are plenty of establishment Republicans who support the counter Trump coup. It is a shame.

MisterVeritis
01-26-2019, 08:27 PM

Which is exactly what it is. Why else is the Republican Senate and, for two years, the Republican House supporting it?
It is a coup attempt. We agree.

MisterVeritis
01-26-2019, 08:28 PM
A counterintelligence investigation is not a criminal investigation.

This is a coup attempt.

MisterVeritis
01-26-2019, 08:28 PM

You, however, are in no danger of being close to rationality.