PDA

View Full Version : tPF Cory Booker announces his candidacy

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 09:44 AM
Cory Booker is the latest Democrat to enter the race. Will there be be any significant policy differences between these candidates?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/cory-booker-announces-presidential-run-2020/index.html

gamewell45
02-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Cory Booker is the latest Democrat to enter the race. Will there be be any significant policy differences between these candidates?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/cory-booker-announces-presidential-run-2020/index.html

One would hope so; either way as more and more keep throwing their hats into the ring it should really be interesting to see what the lineup and policy difference's look like a year from now.

Trish
02-01-2019, 09:58 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/xJLNafkD7RGsE/200.webp?cid=3640f6095c545e4d4c74425373c2bd6b

Captdon
02-01-2019, 10:01 AM

No, they will all march in lockstep. Spartacus has the personality of a mad bull. That's all that sets him aside from the leftist, lunatic and liberal Democrats.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 10:06 AM
One would hope so; either way as more and more keep throwing their hats into the ring it should really be interesting to see what the lineup and policy difference's look like a year from now.

I doubt that there will be many policy differences between any of them. They might have some disagreements on foreign policy.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 10:14 AM
No, they will all march in lockstep. Spartacus has the personality of a mad bull. That's all that sets him aside from the leftist, lunatic and liberal Democrats.

Do they all advocate free college tuition?

I know they all want a single payer government run health care system, but do they all want Medicare for all? Does it make a difference anyway?

Im sure that every one of them calls for increases in taxes. Of course they will all claim that they only want to increase taxes on the rich because they haven't been paying their fair share.

They will all be opposed to every position Trump has taken on every issue.

Identity politics will determine the Demicratic nominee.

Trish
02-01-2019, 10:15 AM

I despise this part of the process. It's all so fake, imo.

gamewell45
02-01-2019, 10:26 AM

I can understand why you feel the way you do; I guess when someone runs for President, their main goal is to get elected and hence will--quite possibly--as a part of their strategy look to find ways which will garner the most support from voters and I would assume that the person's positions on certain policies could make or break a candidates viability for a successful run.

I think that Trump is the perfect example; he ran on a platform that was very popular with the bulk of republican voters (and some democrats) and knocked over the other 15 or 16 republicans running for office like bowling pins, eventually winning the election.

IMO I think its a part of the political process we use in this country.

Trish
02-01-2019, 10:28 AM
I can understand why you feel the way you do; I guess when someone runs for President, their main goal is to get elected and hence will--quite possibly--as a part of their strategy look to find ways which will garner the most support from voters and I would assume that the person's positions on certain policies could make or break a candidates viability for a successful run.

I think that Trump is the perfect example; he ran on a platform that was very popular with the bulk of republican voters (and some democrats) and knocked over the other 15 or 16 republicans running for office like bowling pins, eventually winning the election.

IMO I think its a part of the political process we use in this country.

And another example of the desperate need to address mental illness in this country.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 10:35 AM

Why do you think it's fake? Sure many some don't intend to actually win. They might be angling for a VP slot or a position in the next administration should a Democrat win. I think this part of the process is interesting and entertaining.

gamewell45
02-01-2019, 10:41 AM
And another example of the desperate need to address mental illness in this country.

Well, that's another topic for another thread. I'm just trying to keep focused on the topic at hand.

nathanbforrest45
02-01-2019, 10:54 AM
Yeah, just what we need, another lefty telling everyone how they are going to lose more freedom and enjoy it!

nathanbforrest45
02-01-2019, 10:56 AM
I doubt that there will be many policy differences between any of them. They might have some disagreements on foreign policy.

I think their main policy difference will be how many charges to bring against Donald Trump

stjames1_53
02-01-2019, 11:14 AM

Democrats are operating on one principle. Throw enough sh!t on the wall....something will stick

stjames1_53
02-01-2019, 11:17 AM

If I understand what you just put into print, you're actually saying that everyone that voted for Trump is mentally impaired?
that brush is too big for your both of your hands to hold.

stjames1_53
02-01-2019, 11:19 AM
I think their main policy difference will be how many charges to bring against Donald Trump

Indeed. HATE TRUMP is such a solid platform.............hahahahahahaha

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Well, that's another topic for another thread. I'm just trying to keep focused on the topic at hand.

That would be a welcome change.

The policy differences with these candidates will be so minor that the main issue will be which race or gender do Democrats want to nominate.

The Democrat's nomination process will ultimately be about Identity politics.

nathanbforrest45
02-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Hey, if Harris gets the nod we may have our first African American Prostitute in office.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 11:36 AM
I'd really like to keep the discussion on the rails here.

Sergeant Gleed
02-01-2019, 12:14 PM

They can't do that.

Each one has to make himself stand out from the other.

so we've got the spectacle of Pocahontas giving us her DNA results, Spartacus is going to come out of the closet and invite us all to his Farewell to Penis party, Camel's Ass is already promising to take our health insurance away, Mr. Coffee is telling that's not how any of this works, wtc.

The Deranged Mob is going to be in competition with itself to come up with the most extreme potions to attract the majority of it's entirely lunatic base.

And the one who STEAL the nomination is GUARANTEED to be President because the Rodents are going to shatter, for all time, any notion that fair and honest elections are how to take power.

The stole enough elections in 2018 to illegally take the House. That was their practice for stealing the White House in 2020...

...why do you think the Hillary C**t asked Trump if he was going to accept the results of the election that evil drunkard KNEW was already rigged and in her bag?

Sergeant Gleed
02-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Hey, if Harris gets the nod we may have our first African American Prostitute in office.
Second.

You've forgotten Obama already? He really has NO legacy left at all?

Sergeant Gleed
02-01-2019, 12:20 PM
That's only because there is not one single Rodent in the country that isn't a patholical list willing to say and do ANYTHING to steak that nomination.

Personally, I think Jill Stein should run again and get the Greens something like 15%of the vote in CA and NY, maybe even Floriduh.

The GOP should certainly be spending money in those states to make it happen.

MMC
02-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Oh, Sparticus will be added comedy to the clown car.

stjames1_53
02-01-2019, 02:50 PM

here, now............

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Oh, Sparticus will be added comedy to the clown car.

I heard that most Democrats won't support him because they view him as a grand stander.

Captdon
02-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Your insurance covers it.

Captdon
02-03-2019, 11:41 AM
If I understand what you just put into print, you're actually saying that everyone that voted for Trump is mentally impaired?
that brush is too big for your both of your hands to hold.

Oh. I thought it was a self-reference. Now, I'm insulted. Trish has never done that before.

Captdon
02-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Indeed. HATE TRUMP is such a solid platform.............hahahahahahaha

Cuomo just fired up the Trump base. Democrats are dangerous to decent people.

Tahuyaman
02-03-2019, 12:29 PM
I don't believe Cory Booker gas a realistic shot at winningmthecDemocratic nomination. So far I think their front runner is Kamala Harris. She checks all the boxes for the identity politics crowd.

Cory Booker is viewed as an attention seeker and grand stander. His fellow Democrats have little respect for him. Plus, for a few reasons he didn't do himself any favors during the Kavanaugh hearings. He came out of that looking like a fool.