PDA

View Full Version : Warning: VA Gov (D) Northam in Blackface or White Robe?

Agent Zero
02-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Should he resign or should he leave office?

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5c54c2e33b0000a6026895df.png?ops=scalefit_720_noup scale

In a separate statement, four top Republican lawmakers — House of Speaker Kirk Cox, Senate Majority Leader Thomas K. Norment Jr., House Majority Leader Todd Gilbert and Senate Rules Committee Chairman Ryan T. McDougle — said: “This is a deeply disturbing and offensive photograph in need of an immediate explanation by the governor.”

https://wtvr.com/2019/02/01/governor-ralph-northam-tatement-on-blackface-kkk-robe-yearbook-photo/

Agent Zero
02-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Note: The pics were dug up by Republicans upset over the perrenial abortion bill being discussed in another thread.

Agent Zero
02-01-2019, 06:36 PM
“Earlier today, a website published a photograph of me from my 1984 medical school yearbook in a costume that is clearly racist and offensive,"
“I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now.
“This behavior is not in keeping with who I am today and the values I have fought for throughout my career in the military, in medicine, and in public service. But I want to be clear, I understand how this decision shakes Virginians’ faith in that commitment.
“I recognize that it will take time and serious effort to heal the damage this conduct has caused. I am ready to do that important work. The first step is to offer my sincerest apology and to state my absolute commitment to living up to the expectations Virginians set for me when they elected me to be their Governor.”

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 06:43 PM
The liberals will give him a pass. They’ll say he has evolved. They will just portray the people who exposed this as racist Republicans.

This was from a college year book when he was in medical school in the mid 1980’s. He wasn’t a teenager.

He should resign. If he was a Republican the media would be demanding his resignation.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Maybe he should say that he was covered in coal dust.

He sure monkeyed up here.

jimmyz
02-01-2019, 07:09 PM
The blackface fake outrage going on the last few years is laughable. So is dressing-up as a KKK member. It was a friggin costume party in the 80s.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 07:14 PM
The blackface fake outrage going on the last few years is laughable. So is dressing-up as a KKK member. It was a friggin costume party in the 80s.

When has it been acceptable or a laughing matter to dress in a KKK sheet and hood for a costume party? Don’t try to trivialize this. He was a 25 year old man when he did this.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Shrug. Who cares?

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Let's dismiss this, but be outraged over a teenager commenting about flatulation in a high school year book.

jimmyz
02-01-2019, 07:26 PM
When has it been acceptable or a laughing matter to dress in a KKK sheet and hood for a costume party? Don’t try to trivialize this. He was a 25 year old man when he did this.

This was done before we were infested with the PC virus.

jimmyz
02-01-2019, 07:29 PM

Does this outrage disturb you? It doesn't bother me.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTY3OTg2OTM3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzY5OTA3._V1_U X182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 07:29 PM
This is so silly. It was a halloween costume, clearly just goofing around. This oversensitivity about race and tip toeing around the blacks in the name of PC is BS. My ancestory is Irish and when I hear an Irish joke I don't burst into flames. As for his stance on abortion? I abhor baby killing so you know where I stand on that. I don't even have kids (I can't stand the little things, they annoy me) but I'm still against baby killing. We live in an upside down society. Baby killing =ok. Dressing up in blackface for Halloween = not ok

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 07:30 PM
What does that have to do with the governor of Virginia?

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 07:33 PM
This was done before we were infested with the PC virus.
Posing as a Klansman was ok in the mid 80’s? Maybe he should have dressed up like a NAZI?

jimmyz
02-01-2019, 07:37 PM
Posing as a Klansman was ok in the mid 80’s? Maybe he should have dressed up like a NAZI?

It's not uncommon now-a-days either Link for photo - https://horror.media/this-year-s-most-offensive-halloween-costumes-are-tasteless-af

https://res.cloudinary.com/jerrick/image/upload/f_auto,fl_progressive,q_auto,c_fit,w_500/ex4dylsesqelpjkoxalp

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 07:41 PM
That is not good. That should not be laughed at or encouraged.

Common
02-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Nothing new heres theres lots of white liberal frauds and they are the ones the use the race card the most and try to be the most far left to prove they are good white people

Agent Zero
02-01-2019, 09:10 PM
Northam should resign and the Lieutenant Governor should assume office.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 09:19 PM

Didn't get the response you wanted, huh? That's because you have the subtlety of fucking train wreck. Imbecile.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 09:30 PM
There’s one way the governor could get out of trouble on this. Blame Trump of Pence. It’s obviously their fault.

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 09:37 PM

It's not a big deal. If one dresses up like the devil or a ghost does that make them a devil or a ghost? I think the white libs are so eager to gain and or stay in the good graces of the blacks that they carry on about racism more than the blacks do. Good grief, grow up

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 09:46 PM
If I was the governer in this situation I wouldn't do anything. His stand on abortion is appalling but he's entitled to his opinion. He doesn't need to apologize or step down. As to the blacks , at some point we need to decide what's best for the blacks and let them take it from there.

Dr. Who
02-01-2019, 09:56 PM
It's not a big deal. If one dresses up like the devil or a ghost does that make them a devil or a ghost? I think the white libs are so eager to gain and or stay in the good graces of the blacks that they carry on about racism more than the blacks do. Good grief, grow up
Devils and ghosts don't implicate racist ideology. Both are to most people mythical notions.

Dr. Who
02-01-2019, 09:57 PM
If I was the governer in this situation I wouldn't do anything. His stand on abortion is appalling but he's entitled to his opinion. He doesn't need to apologize or step down. As to the blacks , at some point we need to decide what's best for the blacks and let them take it from there.
Who is "we"?

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Devils and ghosts don't implicate racist ideology. Both are to most people mythical notions.

I'll put it this way. If I was black and a couple of college kids dressed up for Halloween in blackface and a KKK I'd be embarresed to admit I was so narrow minded and oversensitive I couldn't simply laugh about it. However, I would allow white libs and those suffering from "white guilt" continue to carry the water for me. I'd laugh harder at the latter than the former.

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Who is "we"?

If you're trying to bait me into saying somthing that'll get my hand slapped please stop. If you feel a need to carry the water for the blacks that's your perogative. Since one blew my cousins brains out for no reason, I'll pass. I have no dissolutions regarding how they are. I'm off this thread. Have a nice evening. Ciao

The Xl
02-01-2019, 10:29 PM
35 years ago people weren't as sensitive as they are now, could have just been a joke or a rib. It looks bad but it's hard for me to go as far as to say that he should resign.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Holy moly.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 10:35 PM
The Democratic Party is in a state of free fall.

jimmyz
02-01-2019, 10:41 PM

The spirit of Halloween dress-up has always been to have a costume of the things you fear most. So those that wear hoods are demonizing the significance of their costume. Mocking racists as a bye-gone subject. Sure, some wear a hooded costume to promote their idea of racism. But isnt it their problem to suffer any consequence. Personal liberty and all.

Dr. Who
02-01-2019, 10:52 PM
I'll put it this way. If I was black and a couple of college kids dressed up for Halloween in blackface and a KKK I'd be embarresed to admit I was so narrow minded and oversensitive I couldn't simply laugh about it. However, I would allow white libs and those suffering from "white guilt" continue to carry the water for me. I'd laugh harder at the latter than the former.

Have you ever been black?

alexa
02-01-2019, 10:53 PM
He should resign.

jimmyz
02-01-2019, 10:59 PM
He should resign.

What things do you regret doing in college?

Should you give up your job because of it?

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Have you ever been black?

Why do you ask ?

Dr. Who
02-01-2019, 11:08 PM
The spirit of Halloween dress-up has always been to have a costume of the things you fear most. So those that wear hoods are demonizing the significance of their costume. Mocking racists as a bye-gone subject. Sure, some wear a hooded costume to promote their idea of racism. But isnt it their problem to suffer any consequence. Personal liberty and all.
The very sight of KKK robes and Nazi costumes don't evoke fictional fears but historical trauma to many people. They have no sense of humor about a costume that represents the deaths and cruel subjugation of relatives or ancestors or even themselves, if they are old enough.

In the State of Virginia, you would have to be pretty stupid, racist or utterly insensitive in 1984 to think that wearing a KKK white hood was funny and not really a political statement.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 11:12 PM
I don’t believe the average black person of any political leaning would see much humor in a trick or treater showing up at their home wearing A KKK costume.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:13 PM
The very sight of KKK robes and Nazi costumes don't evoke fictional fears but historical trauma to many people. They have no sense of humor about a costume that represents the deaths and cruel subjugation of relatives or ancestors or even themselves, if they are old enough.

In the State of Virginia, you would have to be pretty stupid, racist or utterly insensitive in 1984 to think that wearing a KKK white hood was funny and not really a political statement.

Do you believe this man is a racist? If so, beyond a college party when I was 8 what has he done or said? If not, why are we talking about this?

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 11:14 PM

Cheap tequila and that fat girl.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Do you believe this man is a racist? If so, beyond a college party when I was 8 what has he done or said? If not, why are we talking about this?
He did say that he doesn’t believe that he’s the man now he was back then. Your age at the time isn’t relevant. He was 25 years old.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:19 PM
I don’t believe the average black person of any political leaning would see much humor in a trick or treater showing up at their home wearing A KKK costume.

I would hope that's true for all of us. I'm not the same man was 20 years ago.

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 11:22 PM

Not sure where you're from but I have no sympathy for them or their causes. They aren't like whites. Tgey have a different value syatem , that 13% of the population commits 55% of the murders , i have two residenses and one is in Memphis. I live on the South Bluffs in Memphis which thankfully prices most of them out of the market so its still old Southern charm. As for much of the rest of this city they have simply ruined it. Memphis was once the crown jewel of the glorious South. Now its one of the top 5 most dangerous cities in America with almost as many murders annually as Los Angelos (which is many times the size of Memphis). Considering LA has its own black as well as Mexican problem that says a lot. I love how its ok to have a MLK street in every city in America but the white guilt crowd tears down our statues ? We had ancestors that fought and died in the War of Northern Aggression. Tom Lee, Nathan Bedford , Robert E Lee were great men. To have them dishonored to please the blacks makes me sick.

alexa
02-01-2019, 11:25 PM

Somehow, I managed to go four years undergrad and three years of grad school without dressing as hateful racist stereotypes for Halloween or any other occasion.

If you're trying to say this is just boys being boys, I'm afraid that dog won't hunt.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 11:26 PM
I think racial attitudes are pretty difficult to alter. One can only learn how to cover them up.

alexa
02-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Not sure where you're from but I have no sympathy for them or their causes. They aren't like whites. Tgey have a different value syatem , that 13% of the population commits 55% of the murders , i have two residenses and one is in Memphis. I live on the South Bluffs in Memphis which thankfully prices most of them out of the market so its still old Southern charm. As for much of the rest of this city they have simply ruined it. Memphis was once the crown jewel of the glorious South. Now its one of the top 5 most dangerous cities in America with almost as many murders annually as Los Angelos (which is many times the size of Memphis). Considering LA has its own black as well as Mexican problem that says a lot. I love how its ok to have a MLK street in every city in America but the white guilt crowd tears down our statues ? We had ancestors that fought and died in the War of Northern Aggression. Tom Lee, Nathan Bedford , Robert E Lee were great men. To have them dishonored to please the blacks makes me sick.

They should have been hung as traitors.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:32 PM
I think racial attitudes are pretty difficult to alter. One can only learn how to cover them up.

What has this man done, besides dress up at college party when I was 8, that can be construed as racist?

Dr. Who
02-01-2019, 11:38 PM
Why do you ask ?
Because if you were, you would have had a very different life's experience and wouldn't be blasé about something that to you is just a historical anecdote.

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 11:41 PM
They should have been hung as traitors.
That wasn't very nice. They were simply doing their job to lead forces to protect Southerners from Northern Aggression. Since Robert E. Lee surrendered I wouldn't have had a problem if he met an early demise. We agree on that but I think he should have been shot in the back. Robert E Lee was great, until he sold us out. He may have surrendered , but I didn't

Dr. Who
02-01-2019, 11:42 PM
If he was that stupid, insensitive or racist in the 80's, the only thing that may have changed is the racism. If he denies the racism, then all that is left is stupid or insensitive, which tend to be permanent characteristics.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 11:44 PM
What has this man done, besides dress up at college party when I was 8, that can be construed as racist?
He was a grown man when you were eight years old. He’s not the leader of a small business. He’s supposed to be a leader for all the people of his state. He’s lost the confidence and trust of his constituents to do that.

Dr. Who
02-01-2019, 11:46 PM
Well, now we know without a doubt where you stand.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:46 PM
If he was that stupid, insensitive or racist in the 80's, the only thing that may have changed is the racism. If he denies the racism, then all that is left is stupid or insensitive, which tend to be permanent characteristics.

So nothing in particular? Just dressing up at a college party over 30 years ago? I seem to recall a highly prominent Democrat who didmore than dress up at college party but I won't pull a Safety. This is all so silly.

jimmyz
02-01-2019, 11:47 PM

I sometimes dress as Dracula or Vlad The Impaler should I be censored?

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:49 PM

We know a lot more about him than we do the man you've condemned.

jimmyz
02-01-2019, 11:50 PM

Exactly! We evolve.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:51 PM
He was a grown man when you were eight years old. He’s not the leader of a small business. He’s supposed to be a leader for all the people of his state. He’s lost the confidence and trust of his constituents to do that.

If so, his constituents are morons

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 11:53 PM
Because if you were, you would have had a very different life's experience and wouldn't be blasé about something that to you is just a historical anecdote.

"'Blase"? Not at all. I think the outfits were hilarious. Since you carry water for them then you should have no problem walking thru one of their gang infested 'hoods tonight. I have a feeling your adoration of them wouldn't be reciprocated. The only ones IRL that I've had prolonged exposure to were the two that were loyal to my grandma and she let them work on her farm for over 20 years. I also had a black babysitter that I called "N ...Mary". She was fun sometimes. One day I threw my shoes out an upstairs window. When she went to get them I locked her outside for a few hours. She quit soon afterward lol. It was all in good fun but I guess she didnt subscribe to the "its funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious" , notion

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:54 PM
Exactly! We evolve.

Meh. He was 25 at a college party
This is goofy.

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 11:55 PM
You folks have a good evening. I'm going to check the music thread or watch a movie or something.

Dr. Who
02-01-2019, 11:55 PM

I don't think that there is a massive Hungarian population in America who carry trauma resulting from Vlad. In fact, old Vlad was fairly popular in Hungary. There may be some Ottomans whose relatives ended up on pikes.

Tahuyaman
02-01-2019, 11:57 PM
If so, his constituents are morons
Or they just disagree with your position.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:57 PM
Or they just disagree with your position.

Morons usually do.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:58 PM
I don't think that there is a massive Hungarian population in America who carry trauma resulting from Vlad. In fact, old Vlad was fairly popular in Hungary. There may be some Ottomans whose relatives ended up on pikes.

Romania. Wallachia to be precise

Cotton1
02-01-2019, 11:58 PM

Why would you think I'd have a desire to hide "where I stand"? I'm not a racist, I'm a realist. I have zero obligation to the blacks, period.

Mister D
02-01-2019, 11:59 PM
You folks have a good evening. I'm going to check the music thread or watch a movie or something.

Later

jimmyz
02-01-2019, 11:59 PM
Meh. He was 25 at a college party
This is goofy.
Yep... I masturbated to X swimsuit model in 1976. Now I am a monster.

Dr. Who
02-02-2019, 12:01 AM
"'Blase"? Not at all. I think the outfits were hilarious. Since you carry water for them then you should have no problem walking thru one of their gang infested 'hoods tonight. I have a feeling your adoration of them wouldn't be reciprocated. The only ones IRL that I've had prolonged exposure to were the two that were loyal to my grandma and she let them work on her farm for over 20 years. I also had a black babysitter that I called "N ...Mary". She was fun sometimes. One day I threw my shoes out an upstairs window. When she went to get them I locked her outside for a few hours. She quit soon afterward lol. It was all in good fun but I guess she didnt subscribe to the "its funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious" , notion
Yup - we know who you are.

Dr. Who
02-02-2019, 12:04 AM
Why would you think I'd have a desire to hide "where I stand"? I'm not a racist, I'm a realist. I have zero obligation to the blacks, period.
You are living in denial. Everything that you say defies that statement. You might want to look up the definition of racism.

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 12:05 AM
Morons usually do.

Not necessarily. Millions of intelligent people can and do disagree with you on a variety of issues.

Dr. Who
02-02-2019, 12:07 AM
Romania. Wallachia to be precise
Wallachia is correct, but I recall something about Hungarians. It's been a while since I read about the adventures of Vlad.

Cotton1
02-02-2019, 12:08 AM

So what ? Just "who " am I? You think I have even one iota of a problem with my lack of adoration for them, refusal to carry their water or calling it like it is? I'm proud of my stance. I know facts put libs and the white guilt crowd on edge but here's a fact . The 13% of the population that is black commits 55% of the murders. In other crime categories its just as disproportianate. Again , I'm a realist, not a racist.

jimmyz
02-02-2019, 12:09 AM

Who they are? Troubling.

Cotton1
02-02-2019, 12:11 AM
You are living in denial. Everything that you say defies that statement. You might want to look up the definition of racism.

I dont care what you call it. I'm not obligated to waste my efforts or time giving a crap about blacks. I'm getting a Siamese kitten soon to replace my beloved Siamese "Angel". That's worth caring about .

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 12:11 AM
The only reason he would not resign is because he doesn’t need to worry about a re-election.

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 12:13 AM
I dont care what you call it. I'm not obligated to waste my efforts or time giving a crap about blacks. I'm getting a Siamese kitten soon to replace my beloved Siamese "Angel". That's worth caring about .

How about just giving a crap for other human beings in general?

Cotton1
02-02-2019, 12:14 AM

I do. Thanks for making my point.:) :)

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 12:21 AM
I do. Thanks for making my point.:) :)

That certainly doesn’t appear to be the case.

zachroidott
02-02-2019, 12:36 AM
Oh, Jesus.

midcan5
02-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Talk about the kettle calling...

For the interested reader: 'Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class' by Ian Haney López

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/102946-Why-wont-liberals-answer-this-question?p=2462929&viewfull=1#post2462929

"You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nig-ger, nig-ger, nig-ger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nig-ger” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states’ rights and all that stuff. You’re getting so abstract now you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a by-product of them is blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I’m not saying that. But I’m saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nig-ger, nig-ger.”

Lee Atwater, Republican strategist, 1981, describing the Southern Strategy'Kevin Phillips, who popularized the right’s 'Southern Strategy,' was quoted in The New York Times Magazine in May 1970 as saying that "the more Ne-groes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Ne-grophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans.""

Peter1469
02-02-2019, 07:35 AM
Why?

The voters will decide next election.

Peter1469
02-02-2019, 07:41 AM
I never dressed up for Halloween after I was to old to trick or treat. It just seemed childish to me.

I don't know if the OP pic was taken at VMI or not, but it is common for VMI students to dress in Confederate Uniforms for Halloween- heck, their school military uniform looks like a Confederate Uniform- somewhat.

DGUtley
02-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Didn't get the response you wanted, huh? That's because you have the subtlety of fucking train wreck. Imbecile.

WARNING - Mister D - stop the insults and name-calling.

Admiral Ackbar
02-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Why?

The voters will decide next election.

I agree. Do I love seeing a hypocritical baby killing Maoist twisting in the wind.. Well heck yeah that is fun.. but to be consistent there is an electoral process that comes into play. I am not familiar with VA law, but if there is a recall process and that has support from the people of VA then that is fine.

Bottom line this is up to the people of the state of Virginia to decide not Woke Social Media, Not Hollywood, Not NY and LA liberals and DC Swamp creatures.

Safety
02-02-2019, 09:23 AM

If you're trying to bait me into saying somthing that'll get my hand slapped please stop. If you feel a need to carry the water for the blacks that's your perogative. Since one blew my cousins brains out for no reason, I'll pass. I have no dissolutions regarding how they are. I'm off this thread. Have a nice evening. Ciao

:roflmao:

donttread
02-02-2019, 10:40 AM
“Earlier today, a website published a photograph of me from my 1984 medical school yearbook in a costume that is clearly racist and offensive,"
“I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now.
“This behavior is not in keeping with who I am today and the values I have fought for throughout my career in the military, in medicine, and in public service. But I want to be clear, I understand how this decision shakes Virginians’ faith in that commitment.
“I recognize that it will take time and serious effort to heal the damage this conduct has caused. I am ready to do that important work. The first step is to offer my sincerest apology and to state my absolute commitment to living up to the expectations Virginians set for me when they elected me to be their Governor.”

Wow, he should probably step down

Agent Zero
02-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Now he's saying it wasnt him and he's not resigning.

Guess he'll go back to Republican now.

Agent Zero
02-02-2019, 01:02 PM
:roflmao:

I started laughing after reading all of the "the blacks".

I understand this is now the college of choice for the maggot hat wearing smirker racists at Covington Catholic High School.

Captdon
02-02-2019, 01:03 PM
The liberals will give him a pass. They’ll say he has evolved. They will just portray the people who exposed this as racist Republicans.

This was from a college year book when he was in medical school in the mid 1980’s. He wasn’t a teenager.

He should resign. If he was a Republican the media would be demanding his resignation.

All the Presidential candidates are calling for his resignation. He will be gone by Monday.

Peter1469
02-02-2019, 01:05 PM
If the Lt. Gov. takes over he will be the first black VA governor.

MisterVeritis
02-02-2019, 01:05 PM

Can one resign and not leave office? Or leave the office but not resign?

Cletus
02-02-2019, 01:07 PM
All the Presidential candidates are calling for his resignation. He will be gone by Monday.

As much as I like seeing the Left's own tactics being used against them, I think it is stupid to make something like this an issue, regardless of who is doing it.

Agent Zero
Good for you! It took one of you guys to figure that out the next day.

Isn't that great!

Tahuyaman
Now you got him all effed up.

alexa
Governor Wilder (1990-1994) would like a brief word with you.

Captdon

It doesn't matter. The leftist PC says it is racist. He has to go.

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 01:08 PM
I’m not sure why that is important, but...

Captdon
02-02-2019, 01:09 PM

I wouldn't have done this at age ten. I knew better then too.

MisterVeritis
02-02-2019, 01:10 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Stupidly Posted by Agent Zero http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=2525288#post2525288)

To which I wisely responded, "Can one resign and not leave office? Or leave the office but not resign?"

Good for you! It took one of you guys to figure that out the next day.

I have come to the conclusion that you are not very bright.

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 01:11 PM
We’ll see. My guess is that they will have to protest a bit longer.

Agent Zero
02-02-2019, 01:11 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Stupidly Posted by Agent Zero http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=2525288#post2525288)

To which I wissely responded, "Can one resign and not leave office? Or leave the office but not resign?"

That's very wisse of you...
http://smiliesftw.com/x/rofl1024.gif

Captdon
02-02-2019, 01:12 PM

Well, aren't you the little racist. It was the Civil War. It was about the South wanting to protect slavery. The Union was to save the country.

You are a racist.

alexa
02-02-2019, 01:12 PM

To which I wissely responded, "Can one resign and not leave office? Or leave the office but not resign?"

Not many are as wisse as you.

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't have done this at age ten. I knew better then too.
While it is true people change over the years, their character traits do not.

Captdon
That wasn't very nice. They were simply doing their job to lead forces to protect Southerners from Northern Aggression. Since Robert E. Lee surrendered I wouldn't have had a problem if he met an early demise. We agree on that but I think he should have been shot in the back. Robert E Lee was great, until he sold us out. He may have surrendered , but I didn't

You didn't fight in the Civil War. You just carry on the racism.

Agent Zero
lol...

From the newly elected Governor of Floriduh

https://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Florida-elections-chief-resigns-when-blackface-13559106.php

https://twitter.com/TDOnline/status/1088534404379697155

Captdon
02-02-2019, 01:15 PM

You aren't dumb so don't act like you are.

Agent Zero
02-02-2019, 01:15 PM

He's the wissest guy on this forum!

MisterVeritis
02-02-2019, 01:16 PM
That's very wiss of you...

The software doesn't always catch the added or dropped letters. Nor can it add intelligence to your posts. Regrets.

Captdon
02-02-2019, 01:17 PM

I suppose you know you're an asshole as well as a racist.

MisterVeritis
02-02-2019, 01:17 PM
True. Not many are.

Not many troll as poorly as you do.

Captdon
02-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Not necessarily. Millions of intelligent people can and do disagree with you on a variety of issues.

Being intelligent doesn't mean you can't be wrong. I know what racism looks like. It's not that difficult to see.

Captdon
02-02-2019, 01:20 PM
So what ? Just "who " am I? You think I have even one iota of a problem with my lack of adoration for them, refusal to carry their water or calling it like it is? I'm proud of my stance. I know facts put libs and the white guilt crowd on edge but here's a fact . The 13% of the population that is black commits 55% of the murders. In other crime categories its just as disproportianate. Again , I'm a realist, not a racist.

No, you're a racist.

Tahuyaman
He's the wissest guy on this forum!

Anyone see the irony there?

Peter1469
lol...

https://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Florida-elections-chief-resigns-when-blackface-13559106.php

Use your real words.

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Being intelligent doesn't mean you can't be wrong. I know what racism looks like. It's not that difficult to see.
Its also not difficult to hide.

Captdon
02-02-2019, 01:23 PM
I started laughing after reading all of the "the blacks".

I understand this is now the college of choice for the maggot hat wearing smirker racists at Covington Catholic High School.

You are a fucking idiot.

Captdon
02-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Douglas Wilder.

Tahuyaman
lol...

And what conclusion do you draw from this?

Captdon
As much as I like seeing the Left's own tactics being used against them, I think it is stupid to make something like this an issue, regardless of who is doing it.

But that's where we are. If the left wants this so be it.

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 01:31 PM
One can sure identify the people with racist tendencies on all sides when a thread like this is created.

DGUtley
02-02-2019, 02:50 PM
You are a fucking idiot.

NOTICE- Captdon Threadbanned for name-calling and insults.

pjohns
02-02-2019, 02:54 PM
I though it was utterly absurd--and an example of partisan politics at its worst--when Democrats wished to slur Brett Kavanaugh a few months ago, over something he had done decades ago.

Well, when the shoe is on the other foot, the same principle applies.

I do think that Gov. Northam should be impeached (though it probably will not happen)--but not because of some stupid thing that he did in his twenties.

No, he should be impeached because of his promotion of infanticide. (The baby--if born imperfect--would be kept "comfortable," while the mother and the doctor discussed whether or not to kill him--or her.)

Again, however, I would wish to be consistent in regard to going back decades, in order to "get" someone.

Jeb!
02-02-2019, 03:00 PM
CNN isn't fake n-

https://i.imgur.com/yj5Qs8U.png

Mister D
02-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Agreed. Two good things came of this: 1) he and Democrats like him got a taste of their own medicine and 2) it is abundantly clear how disingenuous Democrat outrage can be.

Max Rockatansky
02-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Note: The pics were dug up by Republicans upset over the perrenial abortion bill being discussed in another thread.
If the pics were dug up by a Democrat, would it make a difference?

Cotton1
02-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Well, aren't you the little racist. It was the Civil War. It was about the South wanting to protect slavery. The Union was to save the country.

You are a racist.25220 OMG !! Lol....

Cotton1
02-02-2019, 05:45 PM
I find the pictures hilarious. Anyone offended by a pic of a few guys in college dressed up for Halloween is making something of nothing. The true hilarity is that it's the whites flipping out, not the blacks. Don't think the blacks that some whites feel compelled to carry the water for aren't lol at you, they are. Liberals never have been known to have a sense of humor or face truths comfortably. Much ado about nothing.

Cotton1
02-02-2019, 05:47 PM
In the liberal mind ....

Baby killing = ok
Blackface Halloween makeup= not ok

MisterVeritis
02-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Does your belief pass the "makes sense" test? I think not. The Democrats were exposed by the Cuomo New York as-close-to-murder as one can get and not be convicted abortion law. Then the governor clearly identified infanticide as a favored Democratic party policy.

Today, magically, the infanticide discussion has been replaced by the wholly irrelevant racism charge.

Nope. The Democrats did this to take the focus off their Death Party.

Tahuyaman
02-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Does your belief pass the "makes sense" test? I think not. The Democrats were exposed by the Cuomo New York as-close-to-murder as one can get and not be convicted abortion law. Then the governor clearly identified infanticide as a favored Democratic party policy.

Today, magically, the infanticide discussion has been replaced by the wholly irrelevant racism charge.

Nope. The Democrats did this to take the focus off their Death Party.

I'm sure Democrats knew of this picture when this clown was in campaign mode. They just supressed it. Now he's a liability, so it suddenly appears.

Peter1469
02-03-2019, 05:43 AM
Calls for resignation increase: (https://thehill.com/homenews/house/428191-pelosi-calls-on-northam-to-step-aside-photo-is-contrary-to-fundamental)

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (https://thehill.com/people/nancy-pelosi) (D-Calif.) called on Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) to "do the right thing" following a photo that surfaced Friday showing a man wearing blackface and another dressed in a Ku Klux Klan robe.

“The photo is racist and contrary to fundamental American values. I join my colleagues in Virginia calling on Governor Northam to do the right thing so that the people of the Commonwealth of Virginia can heal and move forward,” Pelosi tweeted Saturday, stopping short of calling directly for his resignation.

Northam early Saturday told state Democrats that he would not resign, despite facing overwhelming calls for him to step down.

The Democrat apologized (https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/428144-northam-acknowledges-hes-in-offensive-yearbook-picture-apologizes) on Friday for the photo, initially acknowledging that he appeared in the picture from his medical school yearbook, though he did not clarify if he was wearing blackface or the KKK robe.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now,” he said in a statement.

However, he appeared to backtrack Saturday (https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/428187-northam-backtracks-says-he-does-not-believe-he-was-in-blackface-kkk), reportedly telling at least one Virginia Democrat that he does not believe he is in the picture.

“We made the decision to let Governor Northam do the correct thing and resign this morning — we have gotten word he will not do so this morning,” the Virginia Democratic Party said in a statement Saturday.

“We stand with Democrats across Virginia and the country calling him to immediately resign. He no longer has our confidence or our support. Governor Northam must end this chapter immediately, step down, and let Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax heal Virginia's wounds and move us forward,” the party added.

A cavalcade of national Democrats (https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/428146-top-dem-super-pac-chief-activist-group-call-on-northam-to-resign) and several 2020 presidential candidates (https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/428166-2020-dems-call-on-northam-to-resign) issued calls on Friday and Saturday for Northam to resign.

DGUtley
02-03-2019, 07:14 AM

NOTICE- Cotton1 thread banned for racist posting. Continued conduct will result in escalation.

jet57
02-03-2019, 01:40 PM
WARNING - @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4) - stop the insults and name-calling.

Gee, He WASN'T thread banned for name calling?

Agent Zero
02-03-2019, 05:39 PM

He gets away with a lot.

Perhaps ADMIN can do something...

pjohns
02-03-2019, 05:46 PM
I am somewhat conflicted: The right thing to do, I believe--although it seems quite unlikely--would be for Gov. Northam to resign.

On the other hand, if that were to happen, Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax would immediately take the helm; and it is my understanding that he is a committed socialist.

So I guess it is principle versus practicality...

MisterVeritis
02-03-2019, 09:19 PM
I am somewhat conflicted: The right thing to do, I believe--although it seems quite unlikely--would be for Gov. Northam to resign.

On the other hand, if that were to happen, Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax would immediately take the helm; and it is my understanding that he is a committed socialist.

So I guess it is principle versus practicality...
Why is resignation the right thing to do?

Agent Zero
02-03-2019, 10:20 PM

I've flipped.

After all, it happened before he took office.

Tahuyaman
02-04-2019, 01:30 AM

He gets away with a lot.

Perhaps @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) can do something...

Really?

Tahuyaman
02-04-2019, 01:31 AM
I've flipped.

After all, it happened before he took office.
Hmm. The guy was 25 years old. You had a diffent view of Kavanaugh.

Common
02-04-2019, 03:44 AM
[QUOTE=jet57;2526787]Gee, He WASN'T thread banned [I]for name calling

You have recieved a warning infraction for responding to moderation

pjohns
02-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Because of his backing of infanticide.

Tahuyaman
02-04-2019, 11:52 AM

I would say that one should resign when you've lose the trust and confidence of those who elected you.

MisterVeritis
02-04-2019, 12:36 PM
That is not why the Democrats want his to resign. If the demands were over his support for baby-murder I would agree with you.

Tahuyaman
02-04-2019, 12:52 PM
It appears as some people in the media are now defending him. They say it's unfair to go after photos in a college yearbook from his distant past.

They sure changed stances on that one. A high school yearbook was quite important just a few months ago.

Tahuyaman
02-05-2019, 02:07 AM
First he apologized and asked for forgiveness. Now he denies that he was in the pucture empised the other day, but admits that he did something like that on a different occasion.

Today he met with his staff and cabinet officials to discuss a possible resignation.

It's been a bad week for him. First he shocked most people for supporting abortion while a child is being born or killing that child after being born. Then he pisses off everyone else.
Will he make it through the week?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/virginia-governor-ralph-northam-consults-quitting_us_5c58ad15e4b00187b5543613

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam consulted with top administration officials Monday about whether he should stay in office or resign amid an uproar over a racist photo on his 1984 medical school yearbook page.

Peter1469
02-05-2019, 04:49 AM
Now, someone from his class who was at the "black face / KKK" party claims Northam was dressed in a 3-piece suit as a lawyer. That may be enough to help him hold on. Also, Trump's state of the union is tonight- that will sure distract the MSM from Northam.

Tahuyaman
02-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Now, someone from his class who was at the "black face / KKK" party claims Northam was dressed in a 3-piece suit as a lawyer. That may be enough to help him hold on. Also, Trump's state of the union is tonight- that will sure distract the MSM from Northam.

The governor made me laugh yesterday.

He actually said that once he dressed up like Michael Jackson for a dance contest and he put a little shoe polish on his cheeks. But he didn't put on too much because it's hard to clean shoe polish off your skin.

Don't he have someone he can use to test comments like that?

pjohns
02-05-2019, 12:27 PM
By 1968 you can’t say “nig-ger” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states’ rights and all that stuff.
Translation: Any belief in states' rights--and any belief that forced busing is morally wrong--must be interpreted (at least, by The Anti-White, Middle America Class) as "racist."

pjohns
02-05-2019, 12:32 PM
[The governor's support for infanticide] is not why the Democrats want his to resign.
Very true. No, they want him to resign so that he cannot distract from their message that Donald Trump is (supposedly) a racist, in 2020.

But it is why I would like for him to resign. (I do, however, have somewhat mixed feelings: A part of me rather likes for the face of the Democratic Party to be one of support for infanticide.)

Tahuyaman
02-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Translation: Any belief in states' rights--and any belief that forced busing is morally wrong--must be interpreted (at least, by The Anti-White, Middle America Class) as "racist."
The insertion of states rights as a racist attitude here was particularly odd.

pragmatic
02-05-2019, 01:06 PM

Excellent point.

This entire scandal is the fault of those damn Republicans.

Good catch.

pragmatic
02-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Douglas Wilder.

buzz kill.....

Safety
02-05-2019, 04:42 PM
Show me again where Democrats are being hypocritical on this. I haven’t seen any of the ones that lambasted Kavanaugh not call for the complete resignation of Northam.

Peter1469
02-05-2019, 04:53 PM
The governor made me laugh yesterday.

He actually said that once he dressed up like Michael Jackson for a dance contest and he put a little shoe polish on his cheeks. But he didn't put on too much because it's hard to clean shoe polish off your skin.

Don't he have someone he can use to test comments like that?
That was a stupid thing for him to bring up.

Tahuyaman
02-05-2019, 04:56 PM
That was a stupid thing for him to bring up.
Doesn't he have someone close to him who can tell him "don't say that"?

pragmatic
02-05-2019, 06:27 PM
Show me again where Democrats are being hypocritical on this. I haven’t seen any of the ones that lambasted Kavanaugh not call for the complete resignation of Northam.

Northam will be the easy one.

The new allegations against the "pending" Lt. Governor is where it's gonna (potentially) get kinda dicey...

Safety
02-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Northam will be the easy one.

The new allegations against the "pending" Lt. Governor is where it's gonna (potentially) get kinda dicey...

I don’t think it will be dicey, have the FBI investigate what happened, hear her side, hear his side, move on. It worked for Kavanaugh, it should work for Fairfax. But, I don’t see why this is an issue, Northam should not be forced to resign.

pjohns
02-05-2019, 07:23 PM

Yes, many Democrats--including some very prominent ones--are calling on Gov. Northam to resign.

It is not, however, because of some principled and even-handed belief system.

Rather, they are calling upon him to resign precisely because he has become an inconvenience. (How, after all, can Democrats label Donald Trump as a "racist"--in the 2020 presidential election--if they still have Ralph Northam in office?)