PDA

View Full Version : Is the Collusion Theory Dead? By Jonathan Turley

hanger4
02-04-2019, 06:32 AM
*Last year, when asked by Wolf Blitzer of CNN if he was confirming that Trump Jr. phoned his father, House Intelligence Committee member Andre Carson simply said, “Stay tuned.”¯ So we did, until this week, when it was revealed that Trump Jr. apparently phoned two business associates. The mystery over the blocked calls follows a series of overhyped collusion points that failed to pan out.* .......... *Mueller has thoroughly identified and detailed the Russian hacking and trolling operations to influence the 2016 election. Yet, these filings notably lack any link to the Trump campaign, let alone advance knowledge or support for the Russian operation.* ......... *First, there is the question of why Russian intelligence would tell the notoriously unpredictable and impulsive Donald Trump about one of its riskiest international operations in decades. Russian spymasters are not known for putting entire operations, or the future of Russian foreign relations for that matter, just one tweet away from utter destruction.* .......... *Second, there is the curious pattern of Trump officials trying to find contacts at WikiLeaks to obtain the Hillary Clinton emails. If there was such collusion, why were Trump associates like Roger Stone or Alexander Nix, who led consulting company Cambridge Analytica that worked for the Trump campaign, seeking contacts with access to the information?* ......... *Third, even Trump associates like Michael Cohen, who actively sought contacts with Russians about business in Moscow, also seemed to get nowhere. Indeed, Cohen had to try to contact aides to Vladimir Putin through public mailboxes on the internet. Like the Trump Tower meeting, the efforts made by Cohen during the campaign had failed miserably.* .......... *...it is not a crime to seek access to material from organizations like WikiLeaks or other whistleblowers. If it were a crime, then journalists, campaigns, and public interest groups would be subject to regular criminal prosecution.* .......... https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/428178-is-the-collusion-theory-dead .......... All above are just snippets, much more at the link

stjames1_53
02-04-2019, 07:24 AM
Yet the Alt-Left cling desperately to that sinking ship.......the USS Collusion

Common
02-04-2019, 07:27 AM
Im a wait and see guy, do I think there was collusion, No but I realize thats not fact based. I do believe if there were we would know about it already. I think mueller is fishing right up to the last moment he can stretch this out.

Ethereal
02-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Technically, it was always dead. But like a zombie, its moldering corpse has ambled about interminably looking to feast indiscriminately on anything that wanders into its path.

MMC
02-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Yes it is dead.....one of the reasons to Divert to Trump Russian Collusion. Was so focus could be taken off of Hillary Clinton. Despite the FBI and the DOJ not going after her. She was still caught up in 5 different court rooms over FOIA and her use of Email. Judge Sullivan stated he was going to get to the bottom of her using a Private server. Wherein it was known she did not have the server protected at times.

There was so much involved with her case. That most of it was dropped immediately. Even after Comey had lied about what was in the Abedin Laptop that Weiner was involved with. Which again Classified material was found.

To top it off Hillarys aids all admitted that they sent and received email from Hillary. Plus sent email without Security markings. Which that was glossed over with her aides and IT guy all getting amnesty.

Lastly they did not know if Trump was going to Order the FBI and DOJ to reopen the case against Hillary. Or order Sessions to do so.

DGUtley
02-04-2019, 08:15 AM
*Last year, when asked by Wolf Blitzer of CNN if he was confirming that Trump Jr. phoned his father, House Intelligence Committee member Andre Carson simply said, “Stay tuned.”¯ So we did, until this week, when it was revealed that Trump Jr. apparently phoned two business associates. The mystery over the blocked calls follows a series of overhyped collusion points that failed to pan out.* .......... *Mueller has thoroughly identified and detailed the Russian hacking and trolling operations to influence the 2016 election. Yet, these filings notably lack any link to the Trump campaign, let alone advance knowledge or support for the Russian operation.* ......... *First, there is the question of why Russian intelligence would tell the notoriously unpredictable and impulsive Donald Trump about one of its riskiest international operations in decades. Russian spymasters are not known for putting entire operations, or the future of Russian foreign relations for that matter, just one tweet away from utter destruction.* .......... *Second, there is the curious pattern of Trump officials trying to find contacts at WikiLeaks to obtain the Hillary Clinton emails. If there was such collusion, why were Trump associates like Roger Stone or Alexander Nix, who led consulting company Cambridge Analytica that worked for the Trump campaign, seeking contacts with access to the information?* ......... *Third, even Trump associates like Michael Cohen, who actively sought contacts with Russians about business in Moscow, also seemed to get nowhere. Indeed, Cohen had to try to contact aides to Vladimir Putin through public mailboxes on the internet. Like the Trump Tower meeting, the efforts made by Cohen during the campaign had failed miserably.* .......... *...it is not a crime to seek access to material from organizations like WikiLeaks or other whistleblowers. If it were a crime, then journalists, campaigns, and public interest groups would be subject to regular criminal prosecution.* .......... https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/428178-is-the-collusion-theory-dead .......... All above are just snippets, much more at the link

I predict that Donald Jr will be indicted by last Friday.

Nowhere Man
02-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Yeah I know..... A lot of speculation, threats and intimidation, cons and extortion's, yet not one fleas worth of connection to the president.....

And remember those campaign promises of investigations of everything from his underwear changing habits to who combs his hair? 130 or so of them promised during the run up to the midterms?

What happened to all of those? AHHHH I see, lying to fire up the base. I know terrible terrible......

Before he was inaugurated I made a $50.00 bet with a guy that he will serve out his first term.....
I still feel strong about that bet...... NO, I feel STRONGER!

Actually in their minds he has been indicted and convicted already, they just can't announce it yet cause they don't have any evidence.....

hanger4
02-04-2019, 08:48 AM
I predict that Donald Jr will be indicted by last Friday.And I'm totally fine with prosecuting lying to Congress or LEO investigators, as long as it's across the board. This political expedient BS needs to stop.

stjames1_53
02-04-2019, 09:06 AM
And I'm totally fine with prosecuting lying to Congress or LEO investigators, as long as it's across the board. This political expedient BS needs to stop.

all of those accusations are based on the Corsi interview, who can't seem to remember where he parked his car. The witness tampering came for Corsi saying, with a shaded memory, that Stone contacted him, maybe, about something his memory can't seem to recall accurately. Even Corsi says there was no tampering.
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/105637-Jerome-Corsi-Tries-To-Clarify-His-Allegations-About-Roger-Stone

hanger4
02-04-2019, 09:18 AM
all of those accusations are based on the Corsi interview, who can't seem to remember where he parked his car. The witness tampering came for Corsi saying, with a shaded memory, that Stone contacted him, maybe, about something his memory can't seem to recall accurately. Even Corsi says there was no tampering.http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/105637-Jerome-Corsi-Tries-To-Clarify-His-Allegations-About-Roger-StoneConcerning Stone, yes. I'm talking everyone; Brennan, Comey, Mcabe, Mills, Abedin, Clapper, I'm sure I left some out, but y'all get my drift.

stjames1_53
02-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Concerning Stone, yes. I'm talking everyone; Brennan, Comey, Mcabe, Mills, Abedin, Clapper, I'm sure I left some out, but y'all get my drift.

Don't forget Mueller as well. He was up to his ears in the Uranium One Deal.

hanger4
02-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Don't forget Mueller as well. He was up to his ears in the Uranium One Deal.Did Mueller lie to Congress ??

Tahuyaman
02-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Is the Collusion Theory Dead? By Jonathan Turley
The collusion aspect died a long time ago. If one would be honest, they would admit that was never the intent as collusion in and of itself is not a crime.

This investigation was always intended to dig into Trump's past in order to find anything which could force him to defend himself and they could somehow create a charge of obstruction of justice.

stjames1_53
02-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Did Mueller lie to Congress ??

He shut the investigation down himself, as in it never got started. He was head of the FBI at the time. There are so many layers to go through to get to him.....

...Before the deal was brokered in 2009, the FBI under Robert Mueller—who is now special counsel in the Russia investigation into potential collusion with the Trump campaign—had begun an investigation into corruption and extortion by senior managers of a company owned by the Russian government’s nuclear company, Rosatom. According to court filings revealed by The Hill (http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration) Tuesday, in 2009 the FBI found enough evidence to suggest Vadim Mikerin, who headed the Rosatom subsidiary Tenex, was corrupt and high-level officials at Rosatom knew about his bribery scheme. In 2014, he pled guilty in a U.S. court case to orchestrating more than $2 million in bribe payments through shadowy accounts in Cyprus, Latvia, and Switzerland.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley announced his committee's probe of the deal during a hearing with Attorney General Jeff Sessions Wednesday.
The FBI said it had no comment to Newsweek questions about whether Mueller alerted senior Obama administration officials, including Clinton, about the investigation before they brokered the deal. The DOJ did not immediately respond to questions. As secretary of state, Clinton, along with then-Attorney General Eric Holder, presided on the U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment that approved the deal.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-robert-mueller-connected-probe-hillary-clintons-uranium-one-deal-688548