PDA

View Full Version : tPF KERNS: The Left Blames Trump For Northam’s Blackface

stjames1_53
02-05-2019, 04:47 PM
KERNS: The Left Blames Trump For Northam’s Blackface
Jen Kerns

Leave it to the left to blame President Trump for Virginia Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam’s blackface scandal — an event that happened 35 years ago, at a medical school that Trump probably never heard of.
During the Today Show (https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/nbc-news-panel-blames-trump-for-gov-ralph-northams-blackface-scandal) on NBC, co-host Craig Melvin asked a panel why blackface is “all of a sudden front and center in America again?”
The panel — which included a Princeton University professor — suggested that Trump had “unleashed” an “overt display of racism.”
Since the Northam scandal broke last Friday, the left has increasingly equivocated that, yes, the photo on Northam’s yearbook page was racist but that Trump is a racist, too.

None of them provided any proof for their awful accusations, except to utter the word “Charlottesville” as if some sort of dog whistle to signal Trump’s alleged racism.
Their allegations stem back to President Trump’s response to protests in Charlottesville (https://dailycaller.com/2017/08/12/trump-and-pence-condemn-violence-and-hate-at-white-supremacist-rally-in-charlottesville/), Virginia in August 2017.
During that time and before the Trump administration knew the magnitude of the Charlottesville protests — which ultimately ended in the death of two state troopers and a young woman being killed by vehicular homicide — Trump defended the First Amendment rights of “both sides” to protest.
However, as the protests turned violent Trump appropriately stepped up his response and issued strong statements, including that racism is “evil,” that the acts were “horrendous” and he immediately opened a civil rights investigation into the events with FBI Director Christopher Wray and then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
Trump went even further than that in his remarks that have rarely been covered since that day, 18 long months ago.
What most Americans don’t recall is that the president condemned in the strongest possible terms the hateful events. It’s worth a look at this official transcript (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/08/14/transcript-donald-trump-remarks-charlottesville-violence/565330001/) of the president’s remarks published in USA Today just two days after the horrendous events in Charlottesville:
I just met with FBI Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The Department of Justice has opened a civil rights investigation into the deadly car attack that killed one innocent American and wounded 20 others. To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend’s racist violence, you will be held fully accountable. Justice will be delivered.
As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America. And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
“Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

Were those the words of Rev. Jesse Jackson? Rev. Al Sharpton?
No.
It was Trump himself who uttered those words. However, it’s likely most Americans didn’t see them, because it didn’t fit the narrative of the left-wing media. It’s the same media who ignore the fact that Trump’s approval rating among African Americans (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/08/16/trump-approval-rating-african-americans-rasmussen-poll/1013212002/) has quadrupled since the day he took office — from nine percent to nearly 40 percent approval.
Since that fateful day a year and a half ago, the erroneous myth of Trump’s alleged racism has gone virtually unchecked.
It is time for that to stop.
The next time someone on the left suggests “Trump is racist” or that he sided with white supremacists in Charlottesville, one can read for themselves that is simply not the case. In fact, Trump’s own words prove the contrary.
As for the Northam scandal, it is ludicrous to suggest the president has anything to do with it. There is one person alone who owns that. It is Ralph Northam.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/05/kerns-northam-blackface/
No trolling or insults allowed.

So, now it's Trump's fault that Northam blackface fiaso which happened 35 years ago. The attack obviously comes from the oh-so tolerant Alt-Leftists................the one's fill with hypocrisy and hate for everything. They've even turned on their own.

alexa
02-05-2019, 05:03 PM
Trump has definitely promoted racism as part of his political strategy, but that has nothing to do with Northam.

One unattributed quote from some panel on the Today show isn't "liberals".

stjames1_53
02-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Trump has definitely promoted racism as part of his political strategy, but that has nothing to do with Northam.

Just how has Trump promoted racism?

Bo-4
02-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Jen Kerns & Daily Caller?

Nuff said

As for Donald's "strong wording" 2 days after Charlottesville?

Give me a F-ing BREAK - He did that under a chokehold by fellow REPUBLICANS.

http://epmgaa.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2017/09/27/Diddy_t580.jpg?8f1b5874916776826eb17d7e67de7278c98 7ca33

nathanbforrest45
02-05-2019, 05:38 PM
KERNS: The Left Blames Trump For Northam’s Blackface
Jen Kerns

Leave it to the left to blame President Trump for Virginia Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam’s blackface scandal — an event that happened 35 years ago, at a medical school that Trump probably never heard of.
During the Today Show (https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/nbc-news-panel-blames-trump-for-gov-ralph-northams-blackface-scandal) on NBC, co-host Craig Melvin asked a panel why blackface is “all of a sudden front and center in America again?”
The panel — which included a Princeton University professor — suggested that Trump had “unleashed” an “overt display of racism.”
Since the Northam scandal broke last Friday, the left has increasingly equivocated that, yes, the photo on Northam’s yearbook page was racist but that Trump is a racist, too.

None of them provided any proof for their awful accusations, except to utter the word “Charlottesville” as if some sort of dog whistle to signal Trump’s alleged racism.
Their allegations stem back to President Trump’s response to protests in Charlottesville (https://dailycaller.com/2017/08/12/trump-and-pence-condemn-violence-and-hate-at-white-supremacist-rally-in-charlottesville/), Virginia in August 2017.
During that time and before the Trump administration knew the magnitude of the Charlottesville protests — which ultimately ended in the death of two state troopers and a young woman being killed by vehicular homicide — Trump defended the First Amendment rights of “both sides” to protest.
However, as the protests turned violent Trump appropriately stepped up his response and issued strong statements, including that racism is “evil,” that the acts were “horrendous” and he immediately opened a civil rights investigation into the events with FBI Director Christopher Wray and then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
Trump went even further than that in his remarks that have rarely been covered since that day, 18 long months ago.
What most Americans don’t recall is that the president condemned in the strongest possible terms the hateful events. It’s worth a look at this official transcript (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/08/14/transcript-donald-trump-remarks-charlottesville-violence/565330001/) of the president’s remarks published in USA Today just two days after the horrendous events in Charlottesville:
I just met with FBI Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The Department of Justice has opened a civil rights investigation into the deadly car attack that killed one innocent American and wounded 20 others. To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend’s racist violence, you will be held fully accountable. Justice will be delivered.
As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America. And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
“Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

Were those the words of Rev. Jesse Jackson? Rev. Al Sharpton?
No.
It was Trump himself who uttered those words. However, it’s likely most Americans didn’t see them, because it didn’t fit the narrative of the left-wing media. It’s the same media who ignore the fact that Trump’s approval rating among African Americans (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/08/16/trump-approval-rating-african-americans-rasmussen-poll/1013212002/) has quadrupled since the day he took office — from nine percent to nearly 40 percent approval.
Since that fateful day a year and a half ago, the erroneous myth of Trump’s alleged racism has gone virtually unchecked.
It is time for that to stop.
The next time someone on the left suggests “Trump is racist” or that he sided with white supremacists in Charlottesville, one can read for themselves that is simply not the case. In fact, Trump’s own words prove the contrary.
As for the Northam scandal, it is ludicrous to suggest the president has anything to do with it. There is one person alone who owns that. It is Ralph Northam.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/05/kerns-northam-blackface/

So, now it's Trump's fault that Northam blackface fiaso which happened 35 years ago. The attack obviously comes from the oh-so tolerant Alt-Leftists................the one's fill with hypocrisy and hate for everything. They've even turned on their own.
Of course they do. I'm surprised it took them this long.

nathanbforrest45
02-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Just how has Trump promoted racism?

Of course he didn't promote racism but like my thread on MLK I was immediately called a racist for giving him credit and honor. Donald Trump is a racist by virtue of being a rich old white guy.

countryboy
02-05-2019, 06:00 PM

Nuff said

http://epmgaa.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2017/09/27/Diddy_t580.jpg?8f1b5874916776826eb17d7e67de7278c98 7ca33

Um, no, Trump made that statement immediately following the incident in Charlottesville. Nice try though.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/12/politics/trump-statement-alt-right-protests/index.html

IMPress Polly
02-05-2019, 06:27 PM
Watching MSNBC last night, I would say that there has been a bit of a search by leftists for equivalencies on the right, like pointing out that the Democratic Party responded very differently to this development than the Republican Party has for years and years to Steve King's overtly racist statements, and I've observed a certain want of avoiding the subject to some extent on that network as well (e.g. on both of the other two national news networks, Northam's blackface picture was the lead story on Friday evening, but it was more like the third or fourth story on the list on some of the MSNBC prime time programs), so yeah, I get what the OP is saying. I don't think this should be viewed as an opportunity to make partisan points. Ralph Northam should step down. Four days ago. That's all there is to this issue.

I thought he should've stepped down on Friday after conceding that it was him in that picture. Then he held that ridiculous press conference on Saturday and just blew my mind. When he declared that that was no longer him in the picture even though he'd admitted it the day previous, I couldn't believe it. I mean I knew it was a lie immediately. There's only one way you earn the nickname "Coonman" and that's by having a reputation for employing blackface. I had had a somewhat higher opinion of Mr. Northam before that. But what really underwhelmed me was when he then went on to acknowledge that, though that picture supposedly didn't include him, he apparently had to do a lot of checking to make sure because...he had worn shoe polish to imitate Michael Jackson that year...yeah. I saw the smile on his face when he said that and that communicated to me that he still finds this concept amusing right down to today, i.e. he hasn't actually changed that much and this more racially broad-minded Mr. Northam we've gotten to know these past few years has really just been an act. And when a reporter asked if he could still moonwalk, his wife had to advise him that the circumstances were inappropriate for a demonstration. He actually had to be told that. Clearly Mr. Northam does NOT grasp the magnitude of this. If you hadn't thought he should step down before that press conference, surely it made up your mind. The guy will just say anything to try and save his post, and he's not convincing at all.

It's been four days now since this came out. Why didn't we know this about you before now? Just step down you moron! Every time you speak, you just make this even worse. You say you want to make amends? You can start by resigning. That is the only path forward that won't be a train wreck.

nathanbforrest45
02-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Watching MSNBC last night, I would say that there has been a bit of a search by leftists for equivalencies on the right, like pointing out that the Democratic Party responded very differently to this development than the Republican Party has for years and years to Steve King's overtly racist statements, and I've observed a certain want of avoiding the subject to some extent on that network as well (e.g. on both of the other two national news networks, Northam's blackface picture was the lead story on Friday evening, but it was more like the third or fourth story on the list on some of the MSNBC prime time programs), so yeah, I get what the OP is saying. I don't think this should be viewed as an opportunity to make partisan points. Ralph Northam should step down. Four days ago. That's all there is to this issue.

I thought he should've stepped down on Friday after conceding that it was him in that picture. Then he held that ridiculous press conference on Saturday and just blew my mind. When he declared that that was no longer him in the picture even though he'd admitted it the day previous, I couldn't believe it. I mean I knew it was a lie immediately. There's only one way you earn the nickname "Coonman" and that's by having a reputation for employing blackface. I had had a somewhat higher opinion of Mr. Northam before that. But what really underwhelmed me was when he then went on to acknowledge that, though that picture supposedly didn't include him, he apparently had to do a lot of checking to make sure because...he had worn shoe polish to imitate Michael Jackson that year...yeah. I saw the smile on his face when he said that and that communicated to me that he still finds this concept amusing right down to today, i.e. he hasn't actually changed that much and this more racially broad-minded Mr. Northam we've gotten to know these past few years has really just been an act. And when a reporter asked if he could still moonwalk, his wife had to advise him that the circumstances were inappropriate for a demonstration. He actually had to be told that. Clearly Mr. Northam does NOT grasp the magnitude of this. If you hadn't thought he should step down before that press conference, surely it made up your mind. The guy will just say anything to try and save his post, and he's not convincing at all.

It's been four days now since this came out. Why didn't we know this about you before now? Just step down you moron! Every time you speak, you just make this even worse. You say you want to make amends? You can start by resigning. That is the only path forward that won't be a train wreck.

Oh you know you still love him because he will allow murderers to kill infants at will.

What's a little black face when there are infants to be dismembered?

IMPress Polly
02-05-2019, 07:39 PM
Oh you know you still love him because he will allow murderers to kill infants at will.

Whaaaaat the fuck? I was under the impression that this was a tPF thread and that I had made my opinion very clear. At length.

Hoosier8
02-05-2019, 07:46 PM

You mean where the left thinks illegal is a race?

Captdon
02-05-2019, 07:48 PM

The second problem is that the LT. Governor is a sex abuser.(A woman said he was. That's enough, remember?)

I think if they both quit the Republican Speaker of the House becomes Governor. this is getting to be fun. The Dems can't let them off the hook and can't let a Republican become Governor.

I love seeing them try to squirm out of this.

Oh, and I think the blackface can't be let go of.

Hoosier8
02-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Deleted

stjames1_53
02-05-2019, 07:51 PM

Dude, save it for another thread

stjames1_53
02-05-2019, 07:55 PM
Whaaaaat the $#@!? I was under the impression that this was a tPF thread and that I had made my opinion very clear. At length.

My apologies. I have pm'd him. My friends don't catch a break on my tPF'd threads. I tPF it for a reason. It was not to allow them to beat up other well-meaning posters.

Hoosier8
02-05-2019, 08:11 PM

What does this mean for all the other racist democrats reputations like Al Gore Senior and Senator Byrd? It was evidently OK before when there was obvious racism in their past histories so what has changed? Can people change over 35 years?

nathanbforrest45
02-05-2019, 08:11 PM
Whaaaaat the $#@!? I was under the impression that this was a tPF thread and that I had made my opinion very clear. At length.

Well, I don't know that you love murdering babies so I will apologize for making that statement.

But I do think it still has application for many on the left. I have said in the past that this blackface issue was nothing more than a deflection of the real issue with this man, his acceptance of infanticide.

stjames1_53
02-05-2019, 08:25 PM

I hope this problem has been resolved..............stj

Chris
02-05-2019, 09:04 PM

Watching MSNBC last night, I would say that there has been a bit of a search by leftists for equivalencies on the right, like pointing out that the Democratic Party responded very differently to this development than the Republican Party has for years and years to Steve King's overtly racist statements....

Some comments.

Trump has not been racist. Nor was King. But the left has been on a McCarthy-like hunt for racism, and has thus brought this on themselves.

The right is, imo, playing into the hands of the left condemning Northham.

I don't think blackface worn as costumes 30 some years ago was intentionally racist the way liberals make it out to be but let them eat themselves up.

stjames1_53
02-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Some comments.

Trump has not been racist. Nor was King. But the left has been on a McCarthy-like hunt for racism, and has thus brought this on themselves.

The right is, imo, playing into the hands of the left condemning Northham.

I don't think blackface worn as costumes 30 some years ago was intentionally racist the way liberals make it out to be but let them eat themselves up.

That was my take. What happened 30 years ago plus, how is it relevant today? People can change and have. Do we punish them for a non-crime from so long in their past? Or do we see them as they are today.........
I wonder how many of us can take a deep look and see if we have indeed changed some of our thinking. Are we to pass judgment on history, or current events?

DGUtley
02-06-2019, 07:53 AM

Nuff said

NOTICE - @Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297) TB'd at request of OP.

Calypso Jones
02-19-2021, 02:32 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2spp2x.jpg