PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal slams Pope Francis’ progressiveness in manifesto

Common
02-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Many if not most catholics agree with this cardinal.

A German Catholic cardinal who was ousted from a high doctrinal position by Pope Francis said in a “manifesto of faith” that the church has become too focused on mercy instead of traditional doctrine.

Gerhard Cardinal Mueller didn’t refer to Francis by name, but took jabs at his willingness to allow remarried Catholics to receive Communion, and asserted women cannot be ordained priests. The pope commissioned a study on female deacons. Francis sacked Mueller as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in 2017.

Mueller’s manifesto was released late Friday, but carries the date of Feb. 10 — the eve of the sixth anniversary of Francis’ predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI’s historic announcement that he would resign. Many conservative Catholics are nostalgic for the doctrinal clarity Benedict’s reign.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/09/cardinal-slams-pope-francis-progressiveness-in-manifesto/

nathanbforrest45
02-10-2019, 12:27 PM
In looking at "Pope" Francis's pronouncements I never knew the Unitarians also had a pope.

Adelaide
02-10-2019, 01:12 PM
Francis is a different flavor of Pope than previous. He is a Jesuit, he is not European, he chose "Francis" for a reason... he was elected for a reason. Either the establishment in the Church recognized the need to adapt to the times, or they thought this might make followers appreciate previous, more traditional Popes like John Paul II. Given how young Francis is, I doubt it was a plot to bring back or reinforce tradition. I suspect they recognized that the establishment was in trouble from a series of scandals and because some practices are unrelatable to many modern beliefs and decided to go in a different direction. Not everyone is going to like that.

Also, looks like this German fella was dismissed from a position because he enabled sexual abuse and is currently being sued. I'm not sure how reliable I would consider this guy.

alexa
02-10-2019, 01:42 PM
I'm not surprised many conservative Catholics miss the racist xenophobe Benedict.

Tough shit.

Common
02-10-2019, 01:52 PM
I'm not surprised many conservative Catholics miss the racist xenophobe Benedict.

Tough shit.
Alexa your posts are sarcastic nasty FACTLESS and worthless

Common
02-10-2019, 02:02 PM
Francis is a different flavor of Pope than previous. He is a Jesuit, he is not European, he chose "Francis" for a reason... he was elected for a reason. Either the establishment in the Church recognized the need to adapt to the times, or they thought this might make followers appreciate previous, more traditional Popes like John Paul II. Given how young Francis is, I doubt it was a plot to bring back or reinforce tradition. I suspect they recognized that the establishment was in trouble from a series of scandals and because some practices are unrelatable to many modern beliefs and decided to go in a different direction. Not everyone is going to like that.

Also, looks like this German fella was dismissed from a position because he enabled sexual abuse and is currently being sued. I'm not sure how reliable I would consider this guy.

I believe he was chosen for two reasons, 1 they wanted something other than a European for inclusion and 2 they wanted a hispanic from South America which is a catholic stronghold maybe the last one left.

They did NOT want his progressive nonesense and his constant political statements that are alienating all other catholics. Francis is wildly unpopular with american and many european catholics, hes quite popular with atheists non catholics and progressive liberals.

The catholic league with his similar to the JDL Jewish Defense League, defends catholicism the american spokesman is Bill Donohue who is an ardent defender of Catholocism and the church, he is totally disenchanted with Pope Francis and told me many of the leadership in the church would like him gone. I email with him occaisionally, that started when I sent an email criticizing Francis a while ago and he personally emailed me back that he agreed, weve emailed 3 times total.

nathanbforrest45
02-10-2019, 02:49 PM
This is the problem with modernism. The Church should be the Church, just as God is always God. I don't see God coming back with a new tablet saying, "Hey, that adultery stuff I was a bit harsh with that. Just go with what feels good"

God, and his Church, always was and always will be and to change the rules because they are no longer "relevant" speaks to this pope's disbelieve in God

nathanbforrest45
02-10-2019, 02:50 PM

Come on Common, don't feed the trolls. That's the only way she will wither away and die.

DGUtley
02-10-2019, 03:13 PM
I'm not surprised many conservative Catholics miss the racist xenophobe Benedict. Tough shit.

Benedict is not a racist xenophobe. He was a doctrinist and a principlist. Shame on you. We conservatives miss PJP2.

MisterVeritis
02-10-2019, 03:18 PM
God-myths are dangerous. We should strive to do without them.

Peter1469
02-10-2019, 03:56 PM

Tough shit.

Xenophobia has a definition. And it really has no modern examples. It is just a meme to use against "them."

Ransom
02-10-2019, 04:01 PM
What is 3,2,1 claiming now?

DGUtley
02-10-2019, 06:07 PM

The Pope is not a God-myth.

Captdon
02-10-2019, 07:47 PM

He's 82. That isn't young. Catholics don't want their practices changed that I ever heard. Francis is a disgrace as a Pope.

Captdon
02-10-2019, 07:50 PM

Tough $#@!.

The mods should get rid of you. Anti-Catholicism isn't any more acceptable that anti-Semiticsm.

Captdon
02-10-2019, 07:54 PM

You strive. I'll believe. My belief isn't dangerous to you or any of your business.