PDA

View Full Version : Why does it cost 40.000 to adopt a child in the US

freecell
06-29-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/19/cnnheroes.becky.fawcett/index.html?hpt=wo_bn3

This is why people go outside of the country to adopt while we have many here that needs homes.
It's such a racket here.

MMC
06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah I have thought of that as well. I gotta hit the showers but I will reround on this with you in a bit.

Captain Obvious
06-30-2011, 08:34 PM
You hit the nail on the head - it's a legal child market.

Mister D
06-30-2011, 08:41 PM
$40K!? :o My sister was adopted. I'm curious now. I'll ask my parents about what that entailed. What are they paying for? A slave?

Mister D
06-30-2011, 08:42 PM
http://www.americaslibrary.gov/assets/jb/reform/jb_reform_slaveauc_1_m.jpg

Captain Obvious
06-30-2011, 08:53 PM
$40K!? :o My sister was adopted. I'm curious now. I'll ask my parents about what that entailed. What are they paying for? A slave?

I don't think adoption was that much of a racket decades ago. It's one now because of the market. High demand.

MMC
06-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah well what kills me with this issue is all the Celebreties that go out and adopt kids from outside the country. WTF is that about. How looking out for those kids in this country.

Now the actress Denise Richards just went and adopted a baby. Once again outside the US. Plus she had a kid with sheen.

Mister D
07-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah well what kills me with this issue is all the Celebreties that go out and adopt kids from outside the country. WTF is that about. How looking out for those kids in this country.

Now the actress Denise Richards just went and adopted a baby. Once again outside the US. Plus she had a kid with sheen.

Yeah, that's a good point. Angelina Jolie, for example, has her rainbow coalition kids from all over the world. ::) Elton John and his man adopted kids abroad, no?

MMC
07-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Not to mention we have kids in this country in the same situations. I am sure it has to do with laws. But Again cmon celebreities who never have enought time to spend around their families. Always out partying getting some useless award. Or Appearing on some TV show. Yet all these places around the world, are like np.....here you go. You make American Citizen!

Then We hear from the Celeb how great their country is for doing such. It's enough to make you like, well, you know, like , gag me with a spoon! >:D

Conley
07-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah, you would think if anyone had the means to navigate the system and help American kids in need, it would be the wealthy celebs. I think a lot of the celebs live in a bubble and don't realize there are plenty of kids here in US that are in desperate need of help.

freecell
07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
If it was more affordable more would adopt here in the US. It's almost like they don't care about the kids but they will pay foster parents. I don't get it.

MMC
07-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Either that or for to take in foreign Exchange Students too.....

Juggernaut
07-20-2011, 05:15 AM
I'll add that red tape in the adoption process also drove up private adoption. It can years for some to adopt in the US. Baby brokers became millionaire middle men, as did their lawyers. Its easier and slightly chealper to hire a surrogate mom.

Wait till they take over weight kids from overweight parents, the idiot system will become even slower with more regulations. Going overseas is faster and in some countries is cheaper.