PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Jewish leaders will no longer treat Ilhan Omar with kid gloves

Common
02-15-2019, 07:14 AM
Keep talking Omar the more you talk the more jews leave the democrat party

Please dont stop raging, ranting Lying and being far far left stupid

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) spewed anti-Semitism onto social media and apparently doesn’t seem to care. She was forced to issue an apology when the House Democratic leadership condemned her tweet heavily insinuating that Jewish people are unduly influencing Congress. It’s what has been said before, though much more viciously: ‘the Jews are controlling.’

Back home, in Minnesota, her non-apology apology didn’t go unnoticed with Jewish leaders. This has happened before, folks. And yes, Jewish leader spoke with Omar about her inflection when she speaks about these matters, especially about Israel, who Omar says has “hypnotized” the world for truly seeing how evil they are. She tweeted this in 2012. Omar has yet to delete that tweet. It’s because they spoke to Omar about such matters that Minnesota’s Jewish community is done handling her with kid gloves

Last year, before she was elected to the House of Representatives, before she emerged from a crowded Democratic field in Minnesota’s liberal 5th Congressional District, leaders of Minneapolis’ Jewish community fashioned what could be described as an anti-Semitic intervention of Omar, a rising star of the left whose remarks had made many fellow Democrats in the Jewish community uncomfortable.

This is relevant because Omar, a freshman member of Congress, has come under fire this week after suggesting on Twitter that supporters of Israel in Congress are bought and paid for by a bipartisan pro-Israel lobbying group. To many, the remark went beyond a critique of money’s influence in politics and evoked the anti-Semitic myth that Jews seek to control the world via money.

[…]

Last year, state Sen. Ron Latz, a St. Louis Park Democrat who has served in the Legislature since 2002, invited Omar to his house, where a number of Jewish leaders had gathered. It wasn’t an ambush; Omar knew that group was there, and their purpose was to enlighten her.

[…]

We wanted to reach out to her,” Latz recalled. “We were a bit troubled about several things she had said.”

Among their concerns was a 2012 tweet in which Omar wrote: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” The language evokes an anti-Semitic trope of Jews as practicers of some type of sorcery that allows them to control others. It wasn’t until last month that Omar apologized, when the tweet gained national attention after she had taken office in Congress

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/14/this-is-why-minnesota-jewish-leaders-say-they-will-no-longer-treat-ilhan-omar-wit-n2541480

Lummy
02-15-2019, 07:24 AM
It's their -- Jews' -- own fault. IMHO.

DGUtley
02-15-2019, 08:11 AM

What?

zachroidott
02-15-2019, 08:33 AM
Support AIPAC or pretend it isn't there.

countryboy
02-15-2019, 08:46 AM
Antisemitism is rampant in the Democrat Party.

SANDERS CALLED OMAR TO ‘GIVE HER MY PERSONAL SUPPORT’ AMID AIPAC TWEET BACKLASH (https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/14/sanders-omar-anti-semitism-aipac/)

Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders reached out to Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar to express his support, amid backlash she’s faced for recently accusing a pro-Israel lobbying of buying support for Israel.
“I talked to Ilhan last night to give her my personal support. We will stand by our Muslim brothers and sisters,” Sanders said on a conference call hosted by Jim Zogby, Co-Chair of the DNC’s Ethnic Council, Jewish Insider reported on Thursday (http://jewishinsider.com/15657/daily-kickoff-rep-ilhan-omar-vs-elliott-abrams-howard-schultz-keeps-stone-auschwitz-desk-annie-leibovitzs-early-years/).

countryboy
02-15-2019, 08:48 AM
You mispelled "Joos"

Trish
02-15-2019, 08:49 AM
Both parties have extreme members. With that said, the voters of Minnesota will need to decide who their voice should be in the senate. If they want someone who hates Jews representing them then they have that right, however distasteful it is.

I do think the democratic leadership should monitor her closely and rethink whether she should be on any committees.

Common
02-15-2019, 08:54 AM
Both parties have extreme members. With that said, the voters of Minnesota will need to decide who their voice should be in the senate. If they want someone who hates Jews representing them then they have that right, however distasteful it is.

I do think the democratic leadership should monitor her closely and rethink whether she should be on any committees.

2/3s of american jews vote democrat, that is changing the blatant anti semetism of the left is pushing them out.

Mister D
02-15-2019, 09:06 AM
There are even fewer Jews than there are homos. The Jewish vote is irrelevant. It's uh...dare I say...Jewish money that matters.

Lummy
02-15-2019, 09:38 AM
What?
What what?

Fake news, fake politics, fake apologists and defenders, fake agendas, fake proponents, fake credibility, ... one example:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/does-schumer-have-concealed-permit/

See also:
https://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/273777/correcting-the-adls-false-anti-semitism-statistic

(https://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/273777/correcting-the-adls-false-anti-semitism-statistic)

There are even fewer Jews than there are homos. The Jewish vote is irrelevant. It's uh...dare I say...Jewish money that matters.
Hush now.

Trish
02-15-2019, 09:44 AM
2/3s of american jews vote democrat, that is changing the blatant anti semetism of the left is pushing them out.

I don't think the democrats are predominately anti Jew. In fact, we've seen first hand these past several years under this Administration where the hate is festering and being stoked.

I am part Jewish. I will take my chances with the democrats before trusting this Administration and the republican leadership that cows to this President and his racially divisive agenda. Further I have a great hatred for Netanyahu. He is the equivalent of Donald Trump, imo. There is much opposition to him in Israel. I know this for a fact because when I was in Israel I heard this quite a bit from many Israelis that I spoke with.

Green Arrow
02-15-2019, 10:20 AM

No, it’s not. Not in any significant enough fashion to impact elections.

Green Arrow
02-15-2019, 10:20 AM

SANDERS CALLED OMAR TO ‘GIVE HER MY PERSONAL SUPPORT’ AMID AIPAC TWEET BACKLASH (https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/14/sanders-omar-anti-semitism-aipac/)
Sanders, a Jew, is anti-semitic? That really where you’re going with this?

Green Arrow
02-15-2019, 10:21 AM

There’s zero evidence she “hates Jews.” She criticized a pro-Israel lobbying group and the government of Israel.

Trish
02-15-2019, 10:27 AM
There’s zero evidence she “hates Jews.” She criticized a pro-Israel lobbying group and the government of Israel.

I did not see or hear her comments so I apologize if I mischaracterized it. I still believe it's up to the voters in Minnesota to decide whether she's the voice they want.

countryboy
02-15-2019, 10:58 AM
Sanders, a Jew, is anti-semitic? That really where you’re going with this?

Self loathing is a terrible thing, as is political ambition.

Green Arrow
02-15-2019, 11:04 AM

Oh, come on. This is just ridiculous.

Maybe it would be easier to just ask you the question that keeps getting ignored: What was anti-semitic about what she said, in your own words?

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:15 AM
I don't think the democrats are predominately anti Jew. In fact, we've seen first hand these past several years under this Administration where the hate is festering and being stoked.

I am part Jewish. I will take my chances with the democrats before trusting this Administration and the republican leadership that cows to this President and his racially divisive agenda. Further I have a great hatred for Netanyahu. He is the equivalent of Donald Trump, imo. There is much opposition to him in Israel. I know this for a fact because when I was in Israel I heard this quite a bit from many Israelis that I spoke with.
How is it possible to be part Jewish?

Trish
02-15-2019, 11:17 AM

I have Jewish heritage but I'm not a practicing Jew. And I didn't marry a Jew (although I'm regretting that now - hahahahaha) Don't get all PC on me MisterV. (Trish shakes her head)

Green Arrow
02-15-2019, 11:24 AM

The same way it’s possible to be part white, black, or any other racial group?

What a strange question.

Tahuyaman
02-15-2019, 11:34 AM

There's no doubt that the Democrat Party is increasingly anti Israel. You can argue whether that translates to "anti Jew" or not. You can't argue against the idea that that anti semitism is on the rise. You also can't argue that most of that is coming from the left.

As far as your hatred for Netanyahu goes, it's irrelevant. The Israeli people will have an election and make that decision.

BTW. How can one be "part Jewish"? Are you thinking Judaism is a race?

Ethereal
02-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Keep talking Omar the more you talk the more jews leave the democrat party

Please dont stop raging, ranting Lying and being far far left stupid

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) spewed anti-Semitism onto social media and apparently doesn’t seem to care. She was forced to issue an apology when the House Democratic leadership condemned her tweet heavily insinuating that Jewish people are unduly influencing Congress. It’s what has been said before, though much more viciously: ‘the Jews are controlling.’

Back home, in Minnesota, her non-apology apology didn’t go unnoticed with Jewish leaders. This has happened before, folks. And yes, Jewish leader spoke with Omar about her inflection when she speaks about these matters, especially about Israel, who Omar says has “hypnotized” the world for truly seeing how evil they are. She tweeted this in 2012. Omar has yet to delete that tweet. It’s because they spoke to Omar about such matters that Minnesota’s Jewish community is done handling her with kid gloves

Last year, before she was elected to the House of Representatives, before she emerged from a crowded Democratic field in Minnesota’s liberal 5th Congressional District, leaders of Minneapolis’ Jewish community fashioned what could be described as an anti-Semitic intervention of Omar, a rising star of the left whose remarks had made many fellow Democrats in the Jewish community uncomfortable.

This is relevant because Omar, a freshman member of Congress, has come under fire this week after suggesting on Twitter that supporters of Israel in Congress are bought and paid for by a bipartisan pro-Israel lobbying group. To many, the remark went beyond a critique of money’s influence in politics and evoked the anti-Semitic myth that Jews seek to control the world via money.

[…]

Last year, state Sen. Ron Latz, a St. Louis Park Democrat who has served in the Legislature since 2002, invited Omar to his house, where a number of Jewish leaders had gathered. It wasn’t an ambush; Omar knew that group was there, and their purpose was to enlighten her.

[…]

We wanted to reach out to her,” Latz recalled. “We were a bit troubled about several things she had said.”

Among their concerns was a 2012 tweet in which Omar wrote: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” The language evokes an anti-Semitic trope of Jews as practicers of some type of sorcery that allows them to control others. It wasn’t until last month that Omar apologized, when the tweet gained national attention after she had taken office in Congress

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/14/this-is-why-minnesota-jewish-leaders-say-they-will-no-longer-treat-ilhan-omar-wit-n2541480
Actually, younger Jews are becoming more and more opposed to Israel and its agenda, and more and more sympathetic to the plight of Palestinians. Naturally, AIPAC is extremely worried about this trend, which is why they're going after Omar so aggressively. It won't change anything though. The younger generation in general is getting sick and tired of AIPAC buying our politicians and accusing everyone of being antisemitic any time a criticism of Israel and its hugely powerful lobby is made. It's only a matter of time before the tables turn completely and AIPAC becomes a shadow of its former self.

Tahuyaman
02-15-2019, 11:36 AM

What a strange question.

Judaism is a race?

What a strange question.

Ethereal
02-15-2019, 11:38 AM

Telling the truth about AIPAC is not antisemitism.

Abby08
02-15-2019, 11:40 AM

What a strange question.

That's not really the same thing, Judaism is a religion, not a race.

So, I can say, I'm half Catholic? Because my mom's side is Catholic, but my dad's, isn't?

Ethereal
02-15-2019, 11:41 AM

Since when did telling the truth about the influence of money on politics become synonymous with hatred for Jews?

Trish
02-15-2019, 11:44 AM
There's no doubt that the Democrat Party is increasingly anti Israel. You can argue whether that translates to "anti Jew" or not. You can't argue against the idea that that anti semitism is on the rise. You also can't argue that most of that is coming from the left.

As far as your hatred for Netanyahu goes, it's irrelevant. The Israeli people will have an election and make that decision.

BTW. How can one be "part Jewish"? Are you thinking Judaism is a race?

I get that it's Friday and a holiday weekend but you really shouldn't start drinking so early T-man. I worry about you.

The hate for Jews is coming primarily from Trump's base which is positioned solidly on the right side of the aisle.

aisle.......what a weird spelling when compared it to it's pronunciation.

I do think that some young liberal activists take the whole Palestinian/Israel thingy too far. People are just too extreme in their thinking.

Ethereal
02-15-2019, 11:45 AM
So, just to be clear.

You're accusing a Jew of hating himself because he doesn't agree with AIPAC?

And you accuse others of being antisemitic?

Tahuyaman
02-15-2019, 11:47 AM
I get that it's Friday and a holiday weekend but you really shouldn't start drinking so early T-man. I worry about you.

The hate for Jews is coming primarily from Trump's base which is positioned solidly on the right side of the aisle.

aisle.......what a weird spelling when compared it to it's pronunciation.

I do think that some young liberal activists take the whole Palestinian/Israel thingy too far. People are just too extreme in their thinking.

Your first sentence proved that you're unable to discuss your view.

Ethereal
02-15-2019, 11:48 AM

So, I can say, I'm half Catholic? Because my mom's side is Catholic, but my dad's, isn't?
Jews are generally considered an ethnoreligious group, although if you want to characterize them as nothing more than a religious movement, I'm certainly open to that interpretation.

Green Arrow
02-15-2019, 11:49 AM

Actually, it’s both.

Ethereal
02-15-2019, 11:54 AM
Actually, it’s both.
It's funny, because the people who rely most on false accusations of "antisemitism" obviously do not understand the implications of characterizing Jews as nothing more than a religious movement. The ethnic component of Jewishness is the only reason why accusations of "antisemitism" hold any real weight. Remove the ethnic component and being a Jew becomes nothing more than a choice, just like the adherents of any other religion.

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 11:55 AM
It's funny, because the people who rely most on false accusations of "antisemitism" obviously do not understand the implications of characterizing Jews as nothing more than a religious movement. The ethnic component of Jewishness is the only reason why accusations of "antisemitism" hold any real weight. Remove the ethnic component and being a Jew becomes nothing more than a choice, just like the adherents of any other religion.
Exactly.

Green Arrow
02-15-2019, 11:59 AM
Jews are generally considered an ethnoreligious group, although if you want to characterize them as nothing more than a religious movement, I'm certainly open to that interpretation.
It’s a fair characterization, especially considering converts to Judaism are considered ethnically Jewish.

Trish
02-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Your first sentence proved that you're unable to discuss your view.

Pffft

So much for being concerned about a fellow member.

Which position of mine do you want me to discuss? I already clarified my earlier comment when I responded to MisterV.

Tahuyaman
02-15-2019, 12:02 PM

Huh?

Tahuyaman
02-15-2019, 12:03 PM
Pffft

So much for being concerned about a fellow member.

Which position of mine do you want me to discuss? I already clarified my earlier comment when I responded to MisterV.

You are incapable of discussing anything.

The Xl
02-15-2019, 12:04 PM
Wealthy Jews have massive influence over Congress. That's not an opinion, it's a fact

Tahuyaman
02-15-2019, 12:14 PM
Wealthy Jews have massive influence over Congress. That's not an opinion, it's a fact

Wealthy people of all religious faiths or even no religious faith have massive influence.

Trish
02-15-2019, 12:17 PM
You are incapable of discussing anything.

Oh yeah.....so what. I'm still fun! Lighten up T-man. You're far too serious.

zachroidott
02-15-2019, 06:43 PM

Not according to most Jewish people. There are many atheists that identify as Jewish.