PDA

View Full Version : Planned State of Emergency

donttread
02-15-2019, 07:43 AM
So is today the day the budget deal becomes meaningless via "state of emergency" being called?

Common
02-15-2019, 07:46 AM
GOOD!!!!!!!!!! build the wall

donttread
02-15-2019, 07:52 AM
GOOD!!!!!!!!!! build the wall

And damn the Constitutional process to get there?

alexa
02-15-2019, 08:06 AM
Cons must feel relieved to give up the pretense that they stand for something.

DGUtley
02-15-2019, 08:08 AM
Cons must feel relieved to give up the pretense that they stand for something.

No, once again you are wrong.
I'm for the wall.

I'm against the declaration of an emergency - even if Trump eventually succeeds in having it upheld by the Court. I take the position that one should never take more power for yourself than you're willing to give to your mortal enemy. The D's learned that with the Nuclear Option on Federal Judges. This will come back to bite the R's and ultimately be bad for the country.

alexa
02-15-2019, 08:10 AM
I'm for the wall.

I'm against the declaration of an emergency - even if Trump eventually succeeds in having it upheld by the Court. I take the position that one should never take more power for yourself than you're willing to give to your mortal enemy. The D's learned that with the Nuclear Option on Federal Judges. This will come back to bite the R's and ultimately be bad for the country.
It won't stop you from voting for him again, will it?

DGUtley
02-15-2019, 08:14 AM

My principles will dictate who I vote for, not my emotions.

exotix
02-15-2019, 10:07 AM
I'm sure Militias are forming all along the border.

Does this look familiar ?

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/534db531eab8eacf1caab272-750-562.jpg

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2014/04/RTR3L0EB/lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1533691652

alexa
02-15-2019, 10:39 AM

Your principles don't seem to be the most inelastic I've run across.

Good non-denial though.

DGUtley
02-15-2019, 10:46 AM
Your principles don't seem to be the most inelastic I've run across. Good non-denial though.

Stop it. That's not true and you know it. Unfortunately, it'll come down to the lesser of two evils. We'll have to see. Why don't you guys run a moderate and make it interesting.

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 10:49 AM
I'm for the wall.

I think climate change and its consequences is definitely a national emergency. This is a positive precedent setting move for The Salesman. I look forward to the next POTUS who sees climate change being the emergency that it is so that he or she can implement draconian measures to start and mitigate the effects of climate change. :rollseyes:

exotix
02-15-2019, 10:52 AM
Wow .. this guy is one insane sick $#@! ... sad ...

https://res.cloudinary.com/luvckye9s/image/upload/v1550245851/100_3752_gh6zmb.jpg

alexa
02-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Stop it. That's not true and you know it. Unfortunately, it'll come down to the lesser of two evils. We'll have to see. Why don't you guys run a moderate and make it interesting.

I'm sorry if you disagree, though certainly not surprised.

My view remains unchanged and there's nothing I've seen to refute it.

DGUtley
02-15-2019, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry if you disagree, though certainly not surprised. My view remains unchanged and there's nothing I've seen to refute it.

You're not surprised that I think that I have principles. Wow. Shocker of a lifetime. Your view remains unchanged from your first go-round here. Why don't you guys run a moderate and make it difficult on all of us?

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:07 AM
And damn the Constitutional process to get there?
What constitutional process do you think is problematic?

Tahuyaman
02-15-2019, 11:07 AM
I think climate change and its consequences is definitely a national emergency. This is a positive precedent setting move for The Salesman. I look forward to the next POTUS who sees climate change being the emergency that it is so that he or she can implement draconian measures to start and mitigate the effects of climate change. :rollseyes:

Climate change is natural and cyclical. If there's an emergency associated with that, it's about how prepare for future events or recover afterwards. There's nothing we can do to prevent these future events from happening or lessen their severity. All we can do is strengthen and upgrade our ability to protect ourselves from the effects when they happen.

Our lifestyle does not create climate change.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:08 AM
I'm for the wall.

Congress gave presidents this power 5 decades ago.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:09 AM
I think this guarantees Trump's re-election.

Tahuyaman
02-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Liberals seem to have an odd view of the US constitution. In it they often see things which don't exist, but then deny other things which are clearly stated. They can see constitutional abuses which don't happen, but fail to see real abuses as they happen. It's odd.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Right.

Kooky.

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 11:15 AM
Climate change is natural and cyclical. If there's an emergency associated with that, it's about how prepare for future events or recover afterwards. There's nothing we can do to prevent these future events from happening or lessen their severity. All we can do is strengthen and upgrade our ability to protect ourselves from the effects when they happen.

Our lifestyle does not create climate change.
Ok. Perhaps future POTUS' will agree with your analysis but since POTUS can define what emergency really means what you think really doesn't matter.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Ok. Perhaps future POTUS' will agree with your analysis but since POTUS can define what emergency really means what you think really doesn't matter.
If Congress is unhappy it can change the law.

Tahuyaman
02-15-2019, 11:19 AM

That was quite non responsive to the comment you supposedly responded to.

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Right.

Kooky.

Reaping what is sown.

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 11:23 AM
If Congress is unhappy it can change the law.

This is true. It would be a positive step for Congress to man up and quit abdicating its responsibilities per the Constitution.

DGUtley
02-15-2019, 11:34 AM
This is true. It would be a positive step for Congress to man up and quit abdicating its responsibilities per the Constitution.

Agree.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Reaping what is sown.
I don't believe you understand the Constitution nor the laws.

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 11:38 AM
I don't believe you understand the Constitution nor the laws.

Believe what you will.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Believe what you will.
I always do.

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 11:41 AM
Now that the state of emergency has been declared this is going to be a very interesting drama to watch unfold.

exotix
02-15-2019, 11:46 AM
*Scumbag setting a Dumpster Fire (on the Constitution) *

~ Almost all Media Outlets reporting on Trumpf speech

LOL

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Now that the state of emergency has been declared this is going to be a very interesting drama to watch unfold.
It won't be that interesting. The courts, despite having no role to play, will still play.

Congress, on the other hand, does have the power to reject the emergency. I don't believe Congress will do so. A few loud people will complain and object.

Meanwhile, the wall will be built.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:47 AM
*Scumbag setting a Dumpster Fire (on the Constitution) *

~ Almost all Media Outlets reporting on Trumpf speech

LOL
Would you expect anything else from the enemedia?

exotix
02-15-2019, 11:48 AM
Trumpf addressed the Coultegeist as she was tweet shit-storming Trumpf ... LOL

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 11:50 AM
It won't be that interesting. The courts, despite having no role to play, will still play.

Congress, on the other hand, does have the power to reject the emergency. I don't believe Congress will do so. A few loud people will complain and object.

I disagree. I think it will be interesting to watch this unfold.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 11:52 AM
I disagree. I think it will be interesting to watch this unfold.

The President will build, build, build. All the preliminary work that can be done will be done. Once the President has his win in court the money will be obligated and a couple hundred more miles of walls will be built.

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 11:57 AM

The President will build, build, build. All the preliminary work that can be done will be done. Once the President has his win in court the money will be obligated and a couple hundred more miles of walls will be built.

We'll see. What's the build rate been so far with the money that was already appropriated for such purposes? I seem to remember seeing something about that.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 12:04 PM
We'll see. What's the build rate been so far with the money that was already appropriated for such purposes? I seem to remember seeing something about that.
I heard a commentator speak about all the handcuffs in previous spending bills. Hundreds of them. The emergency wipes away the handcuffs on the moved money.

Good news. Limbaugh is about to start. In three hours I will know what I am supposed to think. :grin:

Trish
02-15-2019, 12:04 PM
I'm getting a mani/pedi this weekend in preparation for the emergency. I want to look my best. I was thinking about getting my hair done but my hair looks fabulous so why bother.

Now, what to wear.........

ripmeister
02-15-2019, 12:05 PM
I heard a commentator speak about all the handcuffs in previous spending bills. Hundreds of them. The emergency wipes away the handcuffs on the moved money.

Good news. Limbaugh is about to start. In three hours I will know what I am supposed to think. :grin:

Limbo thinks?

MisterVeritis
02-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Limbo thinks?
If you were smarter you would know Rush thinks extraordinarily well.

We have a few geniuses. Mark Levin. Rush Limbaugh. Phil Valentine. I am sure there are others. I hear them from time to time.

alexa
02-15-2019, 12:31 PM
You're not surprised that I think that I have principles. Wow. Shocker of a lifetime. Your view remains unchanged from your first go-round here. Why don't you guys run a moderate and make it difficult on all of us?
Why would it make it difficult for you?

You've already sold yourselves for a mess of potage.

Max Rockatansky
02-15-2019, 12:35 PM
So is today the day the budget deal becomes meaningless via "state of emergency" being called?
Congress gave the Executive branch the power to do so and let it stay that way for over 40 years. It doesn't make it right, but it certainly is legal. If Congress doesn't like it, they can change the law.

alexa
02-15-2019, 12:39 PM
True

All the phony Constitutional fetishists in the GOP, like Cruz and Lee, are going to have to go on record as either approving of this power grab or disapprove and piss off the mouth breathers.

I've laid in extra popcorn

Peter1469
02-15-2019, 07:24 PM

How so?

The National Emergencies Act by itself don't do anything. There are another 128 statute that are used with the NEA to get something done. Which one would allocate funds for your pet?

There are at least two that work for wall funding.

donttread
02-15-2019, 07:35 PM

That's treat as long as your principals are responding top facts and records and not hollow rhetoric .

exotix
02-15-2019, 07:37 PM

We have a few geniuses. Mark Levin. Rush Limbaugh. Phil Valentine. I am sure there are others. I hear them from time to time.Do they talk like this ? ... LOL

Trump: 'China Has Respect For Trump's Very, Very Large Brain'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQgjpnr5e2s

donttread
02-15-2019, 07:37 PM

We have a few geniuses. Mark Levin. Rush Limbaugh. Phil Valentine. I am sure there are others. I hear them from time to time.

Rush is a geninse? LOL. Come on man,