PDA

View Full Version : Snow plow rage

Just AnotherPerson
02-15-2019, 10:03 PM
See more at the link https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/washington-state-snow-plow-rage-2-plow-drivers-threatened/ar-BBTEdX5?ocid=spartanntp

Washington state snow plow rage: 2 plow drivers threatened

SPOKANE, Wash. — Unusually heavy snow in the Spokane area has caused snow plow rage: Two plow drivers clearing streets this week were threatened by people infuriated when their driveways ended up blocked with mounds of snow.

In one incident, a man with a holstered handgun yelled obscenities at a plow driver and climbed onto the plow truck, trying to open a door, said Spokane County spokeswoman Martha Lou Wheatley-Billeter.

And on Thursday morning, another man threatened to get a gun while ordering a plow driver not to block a driveway with snow from the street, Wheatley-Billeter said.

Dr. Who
02-15-2019, 10:41 PM
To an extent, I can sympathize with those who have several cubic yards of snow dumped at the end of their driveway. It's frustrating, particularly for those without a snowblower. Municipalities should invest in a vehicle that follows the plow that scoops out the snow dumped in people's driveways and piles it on the snowbank. Of course, nothing justifies death threats.

Just AnotherPerson
02-15-2019, 11:04 PM
To an extent, I can sympathize with those who have several cubic yards of snow dumped at the end of their driveway. It's frustrating, particularly for those without a snowblower. Municipalities should invest in a vehicle that follows the plow that scoops out the snow dumped in people's driveways and piles it on the snowbank. Of course, nothing justifies death threats.
You are right about that, so true. It has been a very long time since I live somewhere that got plowed. But I do remember those days. It is terrible for sure. I mean you just got done shoveling your driveway and bam the snow plow comes and fills it back it. It can make a person livid. It is no joke, it is a lot of work to clear. The place I lived at before was in the city but no snow plow even came near the residential streets. Main streets only. Where I live now man faget about it. LoL

Just AnotherPerson
02-15-2019, 11:16 PM
That was not a cuss word LoL it was forget about it but spelled with and a and no r, not sure why it bleeped it. LoL

Peter1469
02-16-2019, 05:20 AM
I just drive over it. I don't shovel my parking spot and don't bother with the snow pile berm until it is above my bumper. I have driven up onto packed snow and ice to park often. It is funny when the ice melts randomly and I get my SUV sitting at weird angles.

DGUtley
02-16-2019, 09:17 AM
This is the first year that I've paid someone to do my driveway. Since we started our own firm, I've been working longer and longer hours so I'd be blowing the driveway at 7:30 or 8 at night. Unbeknownst to me, Mrs. U hired a company and they come and plow the driveway. However, the township leaves all of the road stuff at the end so I still have to get the tractor out and blow the end. Plus, the plow guy doesn't do it like I do it. Rage? No. Miffed? yes.

donttread
02-19-2019, 07:19 PM
See more at the link https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/washington-state-snow-plow-rage-2-plow-drivers-threatened/ar-BBTEdX5?ocid=spartanntp

Washington state snow plow rage: 2 plow drivers threatened

SPOKANE, Wash. — Unusually heavy snow in the Spokane area has caused snow plow rage: Two plow drivers clearing streets this week were threatened by people infuriated when their driveways ended up blocked with mounds of snow.

In one incident, a man with a holstered handgun yelled obscenities at a plow driver and climbed onto the plow truck, trying to open a door, said Spokane County spokeswoman Martha Lou Wheatley-Billeter.

And on Thursday morning, another man threatened to get a gun while ordering a plow driver not to block a driveway with snow from the street, Wheatley-Billeter said.

That's what happens when they plow snow. Would they rather have them leave it in the street? Idiots. Tell em to grab a shovel instead of a gun! I deal with this almost daily in the winter.