PDA

View Full Version : I Told You Guys

Taxcutter
01-31-2013, 11:24 AM
EPA-mandated E15 is bad for your car.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/study-new-e15-gas-can-ruin-auto-engines/article/2520078

Guess who gets to pay for repairs? Not Hussein Obama’s evil EPA.

The EPA is the enemy.

Mainecoons
01-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Evil and stupid. The winning combination in the U.S. Foolderal government.

Cigar
01-31-2013, 11:29 AM
I thought Obama was a Lawyer, not a Bio-Chemist, how can it be his fault :grin:

patrickt
01-31-2013, 11:58 AM
We all know, Cigar, that it's George Bush's fault.

Alif Qadr
01-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Cigar, we all know that Mr. Obama is not a Bio-Chemist and so does he. Knowing this, maybe he should have waited until the new E15 fuel mixture was tested. It is only wise to test a product before you endorse it and have it released to the public. To do otherwise shows incompetency.

Cigar
01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Cigar, we all know that Mr. Obama is not a Bio-Chemist and so does he. Knowing this, maybe he should have waited until the new E15 fuel mixture was tested. It is only wise to test a product before you endorse it and have it released to the public. To do otherwise shows incompetency.

Yep ... Ooops ... full me once ... oh wait that George.

Peter1469
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
If you put ethanol into an older engine that is full of gunk, that gunk will come loose and clog the fuel filter. Change the filter (if you don't know how, have a mechanic do it for you :laugh:).

No engine damage. Just Big Oil trying to keep a customer.

Taxcutter
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Nope. its the methanol in the E15 (E15 uses denatured alcohol, not pure ethanol) to gunk up gasoline. If it were not denatured, it would have to be taxed like whiskey.

Now we put 50% more methanol in your fuel system to attack the rubber goods (gaskets, O-rings, and diaphragms) in your fuel system. At the least, expect $800-$1,000 in repair costs. The consumer gets to eat this cost, not the EPA, even though the EPA is clearly at fault.

What Peter 1469 describes is what happens when you put B20 in a diesel vehicle. B20 is a terrific solvent (roughly the equivalent of Stoddard Solvent) and indeed it cleans out your fuel system (at the expense of a couple or three fuel filters). E15 attacks the flexible elements of fuel systems. Look for inoperative fuel pumps and leaky injectors. Car fire is a possibility.

Nobody is their right minds wants this E15 foolishness in their car.

The EPA is the enemy.

You don't need to be a bio-chemist. You just have to have enough sense to listen to a mechanic.

Pete7469
02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
How much longer until this shit is in the pumps? I wonder if there's an additive that can be used to counter it. I know there are stations in La that have pure gas for boat motors.

Cigar
02-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I put Unacal 76 ... 100 or above in Vette and sometimes in the Tahoe :grin:

Peter1469
02-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Nope. its the methanol in the E15 (E15 uses denatured alcohol, not pure ethanol) to gunk up gasoline. If it were not denatured, it would have to be taxed like whiskey.

Now we put 50% more methanol in your fuel system to attack the rubber goods (gaskets, O-rings, and diaphragms) in your fuel system. At the least, expect $800-$1,000 in repair costs. The consumer gets to eat this cost, not the EPA, even though the EPA is clearly at fault.

What Peter 1469 describes is what happens when you put B20 in a diesel vehicle. B20 is a terrific solvent (roughly the equivalent of Stoddard Solvent) and indeed it cleans out your fuel system (at the expense of a couple or three fuel filters). E15 attacks the flexible elements of fuel systems. Look for inoperative fuel pumps and leaky injectors. Car fire is a possibility.

Nobody is their right minds wants this E15 foolishness in their car.

The EPA is the enemy.

You don't need to be a bio-chemist. You just have to have enough sense to listen to a mechanic.

E stands for ethanol, not methanol.

But we know how to make engines to run off methanol.

Indy cars have been run off 100% methanol since 1965. :shocked:

Pete7469
02-01-2013, 10:33 PM
So you're saying the E15 poses no threat to most vehicles? I know "E" gas has reduced my gas milage.

Peter1469
02-01-2013, 11:18 PM
So you're saying the E15 poses no threat to most vehicles? I know "E" gas has reduced my gas milage.

Alcohol fuel gets less gas mileage than gasoline. But it burns much cheaper. And we don't have to wage wars in the Middle East to keep it flowing.

And ethanol doesn't hurt your engine, unless it is dirty, and then all you need to do is change your fuel filters. The ethanol will clean it out. Methanol requires that all rubber and plastic parts that fuel touches be changed to a product that withstands the higher corrosion.

My user manual (Ford Escape hybrid) says that I can run on E-85. I imagine it would run on E-100 without a problem- after I got the fuel air mixture adjusted correctly.

Taxcutter
02-04-2013, 09:17 AM
All gasohol uses denatured alcohol (0.5% methanol by volume). Otherwise it would be taxed as whiskey.