PDA

View Full Version : Indictment: Russians also tried to help Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 11:51 AM
(USA Today) Indictment: Russians also tried to help Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein presidential campaigns (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/17/indictment-russians-also-tried-help-bernie-sanders-jill-stein-presidential-campaigns/348051002/)

WASHINGTON – It turns out Donald Trump wasn’t the only candidate the Russians allegedly tried to help during the 2016 presidential campaign.

A 37-page indictment resulting from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation shows that Russian nationals and businesses also worked to boost the campaigns of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Green party nominee Jill Stein in an effort to damage Democrat Hillary Clinton.

The Russians “engaged in operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump,” according to the indictment, which was issued Friday.

According to the political establishment, "the Russians" not only tried to help Trump win, they also tried to help Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein win.

In other words, "the Russians" only tried to help candidates that ran in opposition to the political establishment.

If true, then "the Russians" must really love America.

alexa
02-22-2019, 11:53 AM
Putin helped anyone not named Hillary Clinton.

Private Pickle
02-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Again I am compelled to point out a fact that continues to be swept under the rug.

The liberals are claiming that the Russians leaked the DNC emails which led to Hillary's demise and that is the reason why Trump won. What they continue to sweep under the rug is the content of the emails that were leaked. Rampant corruption. Ignoring the desires of the constituents of the Democratic Party. The list goes on.

Why aren't we talking about the content of the emails that were leaked instead of being focused solely on the leak itself?

To me it seems that the Democrats are perfectly fine with the content of the emails and the corruption within. They are just pissed that it was outed.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 12:01 PM
Putin sounds like a patriotic American. Is he available to help with our next election?

Private Pickle
02-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Can you blame them? Hillary was an aggressive hawk that was pushing the United States to the brink of war with Russia. Her aggressive involvement in Syria, Libya and Egypt to name a few were direct assaults on Russian foreign policy that was dangerously close to acts of war.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 12:04 PM
Again I am compelled to point out a fact that continues to be swept under the rug.

The liberals are claiming that the Russians leaked the DNC emails which led to Hillary's demise and that is the reason why Trump won. What they continue to sweep under the rug is the content of the emails that were leaked. Rampant corruption. Ignoring the desires of the constituents of the Democratic Party. The list goes on.

Why aren't we talking about the content of the emails that were leaked instead of being focused solely on the leak itself?

To me it seems that the Democrats are perfectly fine with the content of the emails and the corruption within. They are just pissed that it was outed.
Didn't you know that exposing the truth to voters is a form of election "interference" in the USA? Tell me, how can democracy be expected to function when Americans are actually informed about what politicians are doing? I bet you can't!

The Xl
02-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Sure, they helped everyone but poor old Hillary. Give me a break. I don't know how anyone can take our government and the media seriously

Private Pickle
02-22-2019, 12:21 PM
Didn't you know that exposing the truth to voters is a form of election "interference" in the USA? Tell me, how can democracy be expected to function when Americans are actually informed about what politicians are doing? I bet you can't!
You know what's funny/ironic about that?

For decades Americans have screamed for transparency in our government. Yet now that we have a POTUS that tweets his thoughts at every opportunity, regardless of the dismay of his handlers and the delight of his detractors.

No one can say that we as an American citizenry don't know what our POTUS is thinking...and it somehow has turned into a bad thing.

The takeaway? The Washington elite really don't want transparency because it undermines their power and exposes their true agenda.

Private Pickle
02-22-2019, 12:23 PM
Sure, they helped everyone but poor old Hillary. Give me a break. I don't know how anyone can take our government and the media seriously
Well you have to compare with other governments and medias. Compare our government and media to Venezuela for example... We become extremely credible. Compare ourselves to Canada and we are no different. Compare ourselves to Iran and we are a shining light.

The moral of the story? The government exists solely to increase it's own size and power regardless of the political processes it employs.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 12:29 PM
Well you have to compare with other governments and medias. Compare our government and media to Venezuela for example... We become extremely credible. Compare ourselves to Canada and we are no different. Compare ourselves to Iran and we are a shining light.

It's not really "our" government. Oh, sure... it has our name on it. But it belongs to someone else.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 12:33 PM

Don't the Russians know that Israel and Saudi Arabia have already purchased the US government? It's no longer for sale!

Private Pickle
02-22-2019, 12:38 PM
It's not really "our" government. Oh, sure... it has our name on it. But it belongs to someone else.
I think that's a cop out brother. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Sure our politicians have utilized the media and money to coerce the citizenry but one can't be coerced without the desire to be coerced in some way.

No we own this and we own the responsibility to fix it. I don't believe we will fix it. I mean why would we? The majority of us regardless of our ethnicity or sexual orientation are well fed, employed and have plenty of entertainment to distract us from the injustices that are taking place. So why would anyone put their lives on the line to fight against something that isn't truly viewed as a threat.

The American Government and those running it aren't stupid... The citizenry of this country aren't stupid either.... We just don't give a fuck because we don't think it effects us...

Captdon
02-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Don't the Russians know that Israel and Saudi Arabia have already purchased the US government? It's no longer for sale!

This is pathetic.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 12:43 PM
I think that's a cop out brother. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Sure our politicians have utilized the media and money to coerce the citizenry but one can't be coerced without the desire to be coerced in some way.

No we own this and we own the responsibility to fix it. I don't believe we will fix it. I mean why would we? The majority of us regardless of our ethnicity or sexual orientation are well fed, employed and have plenty of entertainment to distract us from the injustices that are taking place. So why would anyone put their lives on the line to fight against something that isn't truly viewed as a threat.

The American Government and those running it aren't stupid... The citizenry of this country aren't stupid either.... We just don't give a $#@! because we don't think it effects us...

This "we" you keep referring to is largely a fiction. There has never been a monolithic "we the people" in America. It's always been divided among various factions. And the faction I belong to isn't responsible for what has happened to the US political system.

Green Arrow
02-22-2019, 12:45 PM

This seems to be the case.

Agent Zero
02-22-2019, 12:48 PM
Putin sounds like a patriotic American. Is he available to help with our next election?

Ask Trump.

Or read this:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/20/2020-candidates-social-media-attack-1176018

A wide-ranging disinformation campaign aimed at Democratic 2020 candidates is already underway on social media, with signs that foreign state actors are driving at least some of the activity.
The main targets appear to be Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), four of the most prominent announced or prospective candidates for president.

A POLITICO review of recent data extracted from Twitter and from other platforms, as well as interviews with data scientists and digital campaign strategists, suggests that the goal of the coordinated barrage appears to be undermining the nascent candidacies through the dissemination of memes, hashtags, misinformation and distortions of their positions. But the divisive nature of many of the posts also hints at a broader effort to sow discord and chaos within the Democratic presidential primary.

Private Pickle
02-22-2019, 12:51 PM
This "we" you keep referring to is largely a fiction. There has never been a monolithic "we the people" in America. It's always been divided among various factions. And the faction I belong to isn't responsible for what has happened to the US political system.
I guess that's what I'm trying to espouse. The "we" as an American citizenry, regardless of political affiliation, ethnicity or sexual orientation.

And as a result whatever "faction" you claim to belong to is absolutely a part of the problem simply by being a "faction". At some point the citizenry of this country will have to come together or we will inevitably end up in another civil war. It may not happen in our lifetime but it will happen. History has a tendency to repeat itself.

Private Pickle
02-22-2019, 12:57 PM
Ask Trump.

Or read this:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/20/2020-candidates-social-media-attack-1176018

A wide-ranging disinformation campaign aimed at Democratic 2020 candidates is already underway on social media, with signs that foreign state actors are driving at least some of the activity.
The main targets appear to be Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), four of the most prominent announced or prospective candidates for president.

A POLITICO review of recent data extracted from Twitter and from other platforms, as well as interviews with data scientists and digital campaign strategists, suggests that the goal of the coordinated barrage appears to be undermining the nascent candidacies through the dissemination of memes, hashtags, misinformation and distortions of their positions. But the divisive nature of many of the posts also hints at a broader effort to sow discord and chaos within the Democratic presidential primary.
Is it possible for you to have an original thought of your own or are you relegated to posting the talking point of Politico?

alexa
02-22-2019, 01:19 PM
Ask one of his lackeys.

It's not like they're thin on the ground.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 02:18 PM
This seems to be the case.

Assuming the government and the media are telling the truth.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Ask Trump.

Or read this:

Yes, it's clearly the Russians who are responsible for Hillary losing in 2016. And it's the Russians who are sowing discord within the Democratic presidential primary. Democrats themselves are definitely not to blame for any of it.

Tahuyaman
02-22-2019, 02:25 PM
The Russians assisting Sanders and Stein was exposed more than a year ago. It was just trivialized at the time. It didn't mesh with the media's obsession with supposed Trump / Russia collusion.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 02:26 PM
I guess that's what I'm trying to espouse. The "we" as an American citizenry, regardless of political affiliation, ethnicity or sexual orientation.

And once "we the people" are stripped of their political beliefs, their ethnicity, their sexual orientation, etc., what do you have left? Some nebulous blob with no identity, it would appear.

And as a result whatever "faction" you claim to belong to is absolutely a part of the problem simply by being a "faction".

How so?

At some point the citizenry of this country will have to come together or we will inevitably end up in another civil war. It may not happen in our lifetime but it will happen. History has a tendency to repeat itself.

Those aren't the only two options.

hanger4
02-22-2019, 02:37 PM
The Russians assisting Sanders and Stein was exposed more than a year ago. It was just trivialized at the time. It didn't mesh with the media's obsession with supposed Trump / Russia collusion.Not to mention over half of the evil election changing Facebook ads appeared after the election.

countryboy
02-22-2019, 02:45 PM
According to the political establishment, "the Russians" not only tried to help Trump win, they also tried to help Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein win.

In other words, "the Russians" only tried to help candidates that ran in opposition to the political establishment.

If true, then "the Russians" must really love America.
It actually makes sense that Russia would help Bernie, since he is a hardened Marxist who actually honeymooned in the USSR.

https://youtu.be/WQ6kTK5t5Ic

Private Pickle
02-22-2019, 02:49 PM
And once "we the people" are stripped of their political beliefs, their ethnicity, their sexual orientation, etc., what do you have left? Some nebulous blob with no identity, it would appear.

I don't consider identifying as an American Citizen to be a "blob with no identity". As a matter of fact I think identifying as such is the biggest fear of the American Government.

How so?

By it's definition a "faction" separates itself from the whole.

Those aren't the only two options.

True. We can continue the status quo. It's working out great so far.

Tahuyaman
02-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Not to mention over half of the evil election changing Facebook ads appeared after the election.

That was reported briefly, then ignored as well.

Green Arrow
02-22-2019, 02:53 PM

I don’t see why it’s so far-fetched. Our own government does this all the time, are we really the only one? Putin is a shrewd politician and, I believe, a foreign policy realist. He had a very vested interest in seeing Hillary lose the election, particularly with her hawkish foreign policy and her constant comparisons between Russia and Nazi Germany. I certainly wouldn’t want her in any position of power to do harm to my nation. Would you?

Green Arrow
02-22-2019, 02:54 PM
It actually makes sense that Russia would help Bernie, since he is a hardened Marxist who actually honeymooned in the USSR.

https://youtu.be/WQ6kTK5t5Ic

I guess it would if the Soviet Union still existed or Putin was a hardened communist.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 02:54 PM
I don't consider identifying as an American Citizen to be a "blob with no identity". As a matter of fact I think identifying as such is the biggest fear of the American Government.

You are talking about the American people regardless of their political beliefs, ethnicity, etc. In other words, you're talking about a people with no real identity.

By it's definition a "faction" separates itself from the whole.

The "whole" is an abstraction devoid of any real substance or common understanding. Factions are inevitable under such a paradigm, which is why they've always existed in America

True. We can continue the status quo. It's working out great so far.

No, the status quo is a failure. But there are other options besides "coming together" and fighting a war. The various factions that make up the country could simply peacefully dissolve their political connections with one another and establish independent political systems.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 03:01 PM
I don’t see why it’s so far-fetched. Our own government does this all the time, are we really the only one? Putin is a shrewd politician and, I believe, a foreign policy realist. He had a very vested interest in seeing Hillary lose the election, particularly with her hawkish foreign policy and her constant comparisons between Russia and Nazi Germany. I certainly wouldn’t want her in any position of power to do harm to my nation. Would you?

Putin said that the Russian government doesn't really concern itself with who wins the presidential election. His argument being that the president is just a temporary functionary who carries out the will of a larger, more permanent power structure. That also sounds plausible to me. But without evidence in either direction, we can only speculate. And if people want to speculate, that is fine. But it has to be understood that it is just speculation, and not fact.

countryboy
02-22-2019, 05:30 PM
I guess it would if the Soviet Union still existed or Putin was a hardened communist.

Lol, you dont think Putin longs for the days of the Soviet Union?

Agent Zero
02-22-2019, 05:39 PM
Yes, it's clearly the Russians who are responsible for Hillary losing in 2016. And it's the Russians who are sowing discord within the Democratic presidential primary. Democrats themselves are definitely not to blame for any of it.
You finally got one right!

MisterVeritis
02-22-2019, 05:49 PM

That puts him well ahead of you.

Captdon
02-22-2019, 06:43 PM

No, the goofball faction isn't responsible for being responsible.

Captdon
02-22-2019, 06:48 PM

He also had a personal reason after she tried to screw with his election. That doesn't count for much but he say her as a danger to his country since she is war hawk.

Captdon
02-22-2019, 06:49 PM

Putin is a hardened communist. He can't pull it off so far.

Hoosier8
02-22-2019, 07:18 PM
Putin said that the Russian government doesn't really concern itself with who wins the presidential election. His argument being that the president is just a temporary functionary who carries out the will of a larger, more permanent power structure. That also sounds plausible to me. But without evidence in either direction, we can only speculate. And if people want to speculate, that is fine. But it has to be understood that it is just speculation, and not fact.

He is right and that's why the insider seditious cabal tried to take Trump down. He isn't part of the system.

Green Arrow
02-22-2019, 07:32 PM
Lol, you dont think Putin longs for the days of the Soviet Union?

I think he longs for the political realities the Soviet Union had, where it was one of only two real superpowers and had all the respect that came with. I highly doubt he longs for the Soviet Union as it was.

Green Arrow
02-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Putin is a hardened communist. He can't pull it off so far.

There’s zero evidence of that outside his service with the KGB during the Soviet era...and just like with the Nazis, you didn’t exactly work for the regime by choice in most cases. He’s done nothing whatsoever to return Russia to communist governance, and in fact has gone in the opposite direction with state capitalism.

Hoosier8
02-22-2019, 07:35 PM
I think he longs for the political realities the Soviet Union had, where it was one of only two real superpowers and had all the respect that came with. I highly doubt he longs for the Soviet Union as it was.
The Duma does.

zachroidott
02-22-2019, 07:40 PM
That sure is a resilient bubble you’re in.

Green Arrow
02-22-2019, 08:34 PM
The Duma does.

The Duma does what?

The Xl
02-22-2019, 08:49 PM

The American Government and those running it aren't stupid... The citizenry of this country aren't stupid either.... We just don't give a fuck because we don't think it effects us...

When our elected representatives who ran on a certain platform wind up ignoring said platform and doing what their donors say, what is to be done? Even if all the people vote wisely, it still won't matter at the end of the day

The Xl
02-22-2019, 08:50 PM

The state never lies. Why would they do such a horrible thing?

Private Pickle
02-26-2019, 11:45 AM
You are talking about the American people regardless of their political beliefs, ethnicity, etc. In other words, you're talking about a people with no real identity.

I simply don't agree that political beliefs nor ethnicity "etc." define one's identity.

The "whole" is an abstraction devoid of any real substance or common understanding. Factions are inevitable under such a paradigm, which is why they've always existed in America

The common understanding that is completely real is the fact of American citizenry protected by the Constitution regardless of political ideology, ethnicity, etc. Factions exists because there are those that want that reality changed in some way.

No, the status quo is a failure. But there are other options besides "coming together" and fighting a war. The various factions that make up the country could simply peacefully dissolve their political connections with one another and establish independent political systems.

That was attempted in 1861. It failed.