PDA

View Full Version : A clue to what is wrong with the media.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 08:01 PM
David Duke published photos allegedly showing scores of jews working at CNN. The montage is too large to post, but see it here: https://www.zupimages.net/up/17/21/gr57.jpg

Ann Coulter comments:
https://youtu.be/E1EAjeNuGOw?t=29

If this is true, and I've read that CNN top executives are Jewish, it can't be healthy.

Peter1469
02-22-2019, 08:44 PM
Why?

Lummy
02-22-2019, 08:52 PM
I think you already know the answers to that. What do you think?

You explain why major media is so blatantly biased to the point that they lie openly with aplomb like no one before in the media in my lifetime.

That is not healthy, and you certainly well know it.

Peter1469
02-22-2019, 09:03 PM
I think you already know the answers to that. What do you think?

You explain why major media is so blatantly biased to the point that they lie openly with aplomb like no one before in the media in my lifetime.

That is not healthy, and you certainly well know it.
Because they are hard left.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:04 PM
Peter, that's a condescending, insulting question. Why did you ask it when you already know the answer? Are you lawyering this evening or something?

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Because they are hard left.
And you don't think this is related to the density of jews at the network?

Peter1469
02-22-2019, 09:08 PM
And you don't think this is related to the density of jews at the network?

I don't care about their heritage. I do care about their politics.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Marx was part jew, as were others among a handful of elite revolutionaries that changed that part of the world. That's a lot of power concentrated in very few hands that strongly tended jewish.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 09:20 PM
Teh Jooos!!!

David Duke to boot...geez.

Captdon
02-22-2019, 09:21 PM
Do you have a problem with Jews at CNN? Do you have the same problem at white NBC or the lack of Jews at Fox? You really need to lie on this one, Lummy.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Teh Jooos!!!

David Duke to boot...geez.

Are you calling Duke a liar? Show me your proof.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Do you have a problem with Jews at CNN? Do you have the same problem at white NBC or the lack of Jews at Fox? You really need to lie on this one, Lummy.
You need to post your links about this. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Does that help, or do you wish for lies? I'm not lying to make you feel better about yourself.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 09:26 PM
Are you calling Duke a liar? Show me your proof.

Where did I say that?

I'm not sure if Duke is a liar. I do know he's a racist anti Semitic shithead though.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 09:27 PM
If they were Muslims or Christians instead of Jews, then it would be okay to mention that fact. But because they're Jews, talking about it is totally off limits.

Of course, it doesn't help that the people who tend to mention the disproportionate influence of Jews on the corporate media are actually bigoted against Jews as a group. But when a taboo exists, the only ones willing to break it are those who are already on the fringe.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 09:28 PM
I don't care about their heritage. I do care about their politics.

It's something you might want to be aware of... the Canadian's insouciance and your own aside.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 09:33 PM
If they were Muslims or Christians instead of Jews, then it would be okay to mention that fact. But because they're Jews, talking about it is totally off limits.

Of course, it doesn't help that the people who tend to mention the disproportionate influence of Jews on the corporate media are actually bigoted against Jews as a group. But when a taboo exists, the only ones willing to break it are those who are already on the fringe.

What does it matter if they're Jews, Christians or Muslims?

Sure, there is a touchiness around anti Semitisim, but usually it's well founded. People have been accusing Jews of a variety of conspiracies and blaming them for a whole host of things for a very long time.

Sometimes the accusation of anti semitism isn't warranted, but sometimes it is.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:34 PM

Oh bullshit, back up your gratuitous remarks. You know nothing about what you post. And if you're not talking about me like you're talking about me, just stop talking about me like you aren't. It's ridiculous.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:36 PM
Bwahahahaha ... that's hilarious, really.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 09:36 PM
Oh bullshit, back up your gratuitous remarks. You know nothing about what you post. And if you're not talking about me like you're talking about me, just stop talking about me like you aren't. It's ridiculous.
Whoosh...

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 09:37 PM
Bwahahahaha ... that's hilarious, really.

Why?

Mister D
02-22-2019, 09:37 PM

Sure, there is a touchiness around anti Semitisim, but usually it's well founded. People have been accusing Jews of a variety of conspiracies and blaming them for a whole host of things for a very long time.

And sometimes they really are involved in those "conspiracies".

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:41 PM
The "balance of power" principle seems to escape you legal eagles and Constitutional authorities. That's happened here before. If it isn't written in black and white in law, it doesn't seem to mean anything.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 09:42 PM
And sometimes they really are involved in those "conspiracies".

Sure. A whole host of individuals from a variety of religions and creeds have been involved in conspiracies.

What sort of conspiracies have Jews been involved in?

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:43 PM
Sure. A whole host of individuals from a variety of religions and creeds have been involved in conspiracies.

That's probably a very good question.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:45 PM
You know, observers in journalism are at a loss to explain the reasons for the propaganda the networks are cranking out, and you seem totally disinterested, almost like you're unaware of it.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 09:45 PM
That's probably a very good question.

Can you answer it?

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:46 PM
New World Order. Big jewish financial institutions. Anything here ring a bell?

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:48 PM
Can you answer it?

Yes. Not for you. I'm not here to debate, and I seriously doubt if my effort in this would come to anything like persuasion because you're so far gone to the left.

If there's one thing I've learned about discussion boards, they rarely convince anyone of anything or change anyone's opinion. Indeed, I've never seen that happen.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 09:52 PM
New World Order. Big jewish financial institutions. Anything here ring a bell?

You forgot....the Holocaust was faked, Jews killed Jesus, they drink the blood of children and that they started and profited off every war. Oh and that they're using Hollywood to turn you gay.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 09:52 PM

Because it's an important part of their identity? If the membership of CNN were disproportionately represented by Southern Baptist Christians or Irish Catholics, do you think anyone would hesitate to point it out or to wonder how their religion was impacting their reporting and their ideological viewpoints?

Lots of ethnic and religious groups have been accused of things. Jews are certainly not unique in that regard. Yet they seem to be the only group whose religious and ethnic identity is strictly off limits to critical examination. Nobody is allowed to mention the fact that there is a powerful Jewish lobby in the USA, let alone question the legitimacy of the influence they wield over a non-Jewish society.

I agree. There are groups who are actually bigoted against Jews as a whole. However, I think the size and importance of such groups is massively overstated. Genuine antisemitism has been relegated to the fringes for decades and shows no sign of making a resurgence.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:53 PM
Books and books and books and tons more books have been written warning about too much jewish power and influence.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 09:53 PM
Yes. Not for you. I'm not here to debate, and I seriously doubt if my effort in this would come to anything like persuasion because you're so far gone to the left.

If there's one thing I've learned about discussion boards, they rarely convince anyone of anything or change anyone's opinion. Indeed, I've never seen that happen.

So what are you doing here?

I'm not asking you to convince me of anything...I'm just asking for examples of jewish conspiracies.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 09:54 PM

But one particular people has been disproportionately involved and grossly so.

"Conspiracy" is your term. The activity of Jewish organizations and individuals in changing the immigration policy of my country (and yours) was a nessary if not sufficient condition.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 09:56 PM

Zionists aggressively manipulated the US and UK governments into creating Israel on land that was already occupied by a large majority of Arab Muslims. Let's start there.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:56 PM
There was an excellent entry in wikipedia dealing with jewish monopolization in Germany following WW1 that drove nonjews out of business. Go figure. If I can find it, I will post the link. I've been looking off and on since I first saw it. Nothing.

However, interestingly enough, I did come across another wikipedia entry suggesting nothing of the sort about post WW1 Germany.

I'll wait chuckling under my breath for you to imply something about that.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 09:57 PM

I'm not asking you to convince me of anything...I'm just asking for examples of jewish conspiracies.

Conspiracy is your term. US policy toward the Jewish ethnostate in Palestine is another example of Jewish influence.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 09:58 PM
Of course ethnostates are bad...unless they're Jewish.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 09:58 PM
Zionists aggressively manipulated the US and UK governments into creating Israel on land that was already occupied by a large majority of Arab Muslims. Let's start there.

Bwahahaha ... perfect.

:facepalm:

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:02 PM
Where did I say that?

You didn't, that's why I asked. I'm done with your self-stroking. Do it somewhere else.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 10:04 PM
Because it's an important part of their identity? If the membership of CNN were disproportionately represented by Southern Baptist Christians or Irish Catholics, do you think anyone would hesitate to point it out or to wonder how their religion was impacting their reporting and their ideological viewpoints?

Lots of ethnic and religious groups have been accused of things. Jews are certainly not unique in that regard. Yet they seem to be the only group whose religious and ethnic identity is strictly off limits to critical examination. Nobody is allowed to mention the fact that there is a powerful Jewish lobby in the USA, let alone question the legitimacy of the influence they wield over a non-Jewish society.

I agree. There are groups who are actually bigoted against Jews as a whole. However, I think the size and importance of such groups of individuals is massively overstated.

The majority of people working at CNN are most likely of a Christian background. Their Christian background is most likely irrelevant because there isn't the same canard attached to them.

I agree that it's often difficult to be critical of a Jewish person or Israel without being accused of anti semitism. There is a sensitivity there. Probably because of the prevalence of anti semitism and the history of what they've been accused of.

Jews can often been an insular group and many are involved in finance, media, education and commerce. That's in part due to restrictions on ownership put on them in the past in Europe. That institutional predjudice and persecution actually made Jews successful and powerful in some cases.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 10:06 PM
You didn't, that's why I asked. I'm done with your self-stroking. Do it somewhere else.
That doesn't make any sense.

If you don't want to discuss the topic of your own thread, that's fine. Weird though.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:08 PM

Well ... ... CNN? That do it for ya? Or do you think they just hire the best journos on the planet and they all just happen to be jews?

Don't play stupid innocent either. I'm done with you.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:09 PM
That doesn't make any sense.

If you don't want to discuss the topic of your own thread, that's fine. Weird though.

You aren't discussing. You are interrogating. See post 42.

How quickly you forget, eh?

Common Sense

That's certainly true. Zionists did lobby heavily in order to create Israel.

I'm not a fan of Zionism. I'm also critical of Israeli policy.

Ethereal
The majority of people working at CNN are most likely of a Christian background. Their Christian background is most likely irrelevant because there isn't the same canard attached to them.

I agree that it's often difficult to be critical of a Jewish person or Israel without being accused of anti semitism. There is a sensitivity there. Probably because of the prevalence of anti semitism and the history of what they've been accused of.

Jews can often been an insular group and many are involved in finance, media, education and commerce. That's in part due to restrictions on ownership put on them in the past in Europe. That institutional predjudice and persecution actually made Jews successful and powerful in some cases.

Yes, the majority of people who work at CNN are probably Christian. But the people at the top of the CNN hierarchy are probably disproportionately Jewish. I don't think there is anything inappropriate about noticing that or wanting to discuss it. Jews are a tiny percentage of the American population, yet, as a group, they seem to wield power wildly disproportionate to their numbers. That can be explained in large part by their presence in powerful media empires like CNN.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 10:11 PM
For the record, I don't fault the Jews for their tribalism. I fault them for their hypocrisy.

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 10:11 PM

Okay, but how can we talk about the influence of Zionists without mentioning the fact that Zionists are all Jews?

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:13 PM

US jews are critical of Israel policy. Imagine. (Your safe.)

Mister D
02-22-2019, 10:14 PM
Okay, but how can we talk about the influence of Zionists without mentioning the fact that Zionists are all Jews?

Well, you do have these naive and sometimes clueless "conservatives" who rush to defend a people that hate them and everything they stand for.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:15 PM

Hmm ... well I might be wrong but I think Trump falls into the zionist category at least somewhat, and so do I at least somewhat, for that matter. Now that is a moot discussion perfectly tailored for you.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 10:18 PM
Hmm ... well I might be wrong but I think Trump falls into the zionist category at least somewhat, and so do I at least somewhat, for that matter. Now that is a moot discussion perfectly tailored for you.

Too many fundamentalist dumb asses do. You're part of the problem.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 10:20 PM
I have no problem with a Jewish state in Israel. I supported that state and rather vigorously in the past but they have a problem with ours.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 10:23 PM
Well ... ... CNN? That do it for ya? Or do you think they just hire the best journos on the planet and they all just happen to be jews?

Don't play stupid innocent either. I'm done with you.
Wait, are you claiming all of CNN's journalists are Jews? CNN employs hundreds of writers, journalists, hosts, contributors and staff. Listing a few Jews and making an inane accusation is pretty simplistic.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:24 PM
Too many fundamentalist dumb asses do. You're part of the problem.

Why do you assume I'm a "fundamentalist"? That's pretty dumb ass, and that is the problem.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 10:25 PM
US jews are critical of Israel policy. Imagine. (Your safe.)
Huh?

Mister D
02-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Why do you assume I'm a "fundamentalist"? That's pretty dumb ass, and that is the problem.

All Christian Zionists are.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:27 PM
Wait, are you claiming all of CNN's journalists are Jews? CNN employs hundreds of writers, journalists, hosts, contributors and staff. Listing a few Jews and making an inane accusation is pretty simplistic.
Not reading the OP that you obviously skipped should be embarrassing to you, but I doubt much of anything tempering your care.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:28 PM
All Christian Zionists are.

You know, there is suppose to be an end game in all this. If judaism or judeo-christianity is going to sack itself, let it. I don't believe that will happen myself, and I conduct myself accordingly.

I fully back Israel in Israel.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 10:30 PM
Yes, the majority of people who work at CNN are probably Christian. But the people at the top of the CNN hierarchy are probably disproportionately Jewish. I don't think there is anything inappropriate about noticing that or wanting to discuss it. Jews are a tiny percentage of the American population, yet, as a group, they seem to wield power wildly disproportionate to their numbers. That can be explained in large part by their presence in powerful media empires like CNN.

Jews are disproportionately represented in media and Hollywood because essentially they created it.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:32 PM
Huh?
Google is your friend. All I got for you.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:33 PM
Jews are disproportionately represented in media and Hollywood because essentially they created it.
I didn't know jews created the media and journalism, and I don't believe that's true. Again, your sources, please?

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:36 PM
I don't support dual citizenship.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 10:37 PM

You know, there is suppose to be an end game in all this. If judaism or judeo-christianity is going to sack itself, let it. I don't believe that will happen myself, and I conduct myself accordingly.

You sure do.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 10:38 PM

Then they're responsible for it.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:40 PM
You sure do.

You'd have to demonstrate that the real Jews do not dwell in Israel but were actually kicked out and supplanted by another people to change me much on that. But you know, new information is always important and welcome. Can you?

Cotton1
02-22-2019, 10:41 PM
Now I'm craving a Roast Beef with Au Jew sauce. Thanks , Lummy :)

Dr. Who
02-22-2019, 10:42 PM

I agree. There are groups who are actually bigoted against Jews as a whole. However, I think the size and importance of such groups is massively overstated. Genuine antisemitism has been relegated to the fringes for decades and shows no sign of making a resurgence.

Basically well-funded lobbies exert undue influence on government and that's a problem because it means that the government is really being run by monied interests and elections are just drama for the masses.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 10:43 PM
I didn't know jews created the media and journalism, and I don't believe that's true. Again, your sources, please?
Jews didn't create journalism, they did however create the modern film and television industry we know today. That's common knowledge.

Mister D
You'd have to demonstrate that the real Jews do not dwell in Israel but were actually kicked out and supplanted by another people to change me much on that. But you know, new information is always important and welcome. Can you?

This is kook stuff.

Lummy
I have no problem with a Jewish state in Israel. I supported that state and rather vigorously in the past but they have a problem with ours.
So you're a zionist but you demand independence both politically and in religion. Actually, I don't know what the hell you're trying to say. But well, that's why America, and why jews have to be checked, eh?

Mister D
02-22-2019, 10:46 PM
So you're a zionist but you demand independence both politically and in religion. Well, that's why America, and why jews have to be checked, eh?

No, I support the right of all peoples to determine their own destiny.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:47 PM
This is kook stuff.
There's a grain of truth in it, but for the most part, it's unsubstantiated. That said, do you have any idea how many wars have been fought in Israel and how many times jews have been conquered, including by God himself, according to the Bible? My interpretation of that is that they are a difficult people on a good day.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:50 PM
Jews didn't create journalism, they did however create the modern film and television industry we know today. That's common knowledge.

I didn't mention entertainment industries, but you're right, that's what the news has become. Yes, yes, yes, film was cultivated by jews, almost all of it porn in the beginning.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:53 PM

Peoples? You mean nations? Oh, well that's interesting.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 10:53 PM
There's a grain of truth in it, but for the most part, it's unsubstantiated. That said, do you have any idea how many wars have been fought in Israel and how many times jews have been conquered, including by God himself, according to the Bible? My interpretation of that is that they are a difficult people on a good day.
People are people...I will say that different cultures have their foibles.

I'm not sure what God thinks of Jews. I do know his son Jesus was one. ;)

Ethereal
02-22-2019, 10:55 PM
I'm not so much concerned with why it is the way it is, although that's something we could discuss, I'm more concerned about the impact it has on American society. And I don't think there is anything wrong with expressing concern over the massive influence being wielded by a religious and ethnic minority. Take Sheldon Adelson, for example. A Jewish billionaire who openly admits that he's a "one issue guy", that issue being Israel. I believe the Jewish term for such behavior is "chutzpah".

Common Sense
I didn't mention entertainment industries, but you're right, that's what the news has become. Yes, yes, yes, film was cultivated by jews, almost all of it porn in the beginning.
Lol...porn in the beginning? Not sure those nickelodeons were churning out porn.

Mister D

This is why I am not Protestant.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2019, 10:57 PM
The "balance of power" principle seems to escape you legal eagles and Constitutional authorities. That's happened here before. If it isn't written in black and white in law, it doesn't seem to mean anything.
What is the balance of power principle?

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 10:57 PM
I'm not so much concerned with why it is the way it is, although that's something we could discuss, I'm more concerned about the impact it has on American society. And I don't think there is anything wrong with expressing concern over the massive influence being wielded by a religious and ethnic minority. Take Sheldon Adelson, for example. A Jewish billionaire who openly admits that he's a "one issue guy", that issue being Israel. I believe the Jewish term for such behavior is "chutzpah".

Fair enough. However, those powerful and influential people are a minority among the minority they belong to.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 10:59 PM
What is the balance of power principle?

It's the principle at work in our 3 branches of government.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:00 PM
This is why I am not Protestant.
That doesn't make sense, you know.

What are you, Catholic?

Cotton1

Me too (as long as I agree to their said "destiny") :)

Ethereal
Fair enough. However, those powerful and influential people are a minority among the minority they belong to.
They are, but it's still reasonable to wonder how Jewish identity influences the behavior of that powerful minority, just as it's reasonable to wonder how Muslim or Christian identity influences the behavior of some of its adherents.

Mister D
02-22-2019, 11:01 PM
What are you, Catholic?

Sort of.

Dr. Who
02-22-2019, 11:02 PM
It began with movies. Among those who invested in that industry, the majority were Jewish. With the growth of Hollywood came the growth of the TV industry and that media. Jewish people are disproportionately involved in certain industries as a result of the social restrictions that precluded their involvement in other mainstream economic activities. So they embraced a new industry that didn't have entry restrictions and it exploded economically. If you want to blame something for that influence in society, blame the bigotry that forced them to become experts in those industries that the mainstream was ignoring. Furthermore, blame the system of government that requires that it be bought and sold in order to support political extravaganzas otherwise known as elections which by definition invites monied interests to contribute and therefore purchase national and foreign policy.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:03 PM
Me too (as long as I agree to their said "destiny") :)

Uh-huh, yeah. Go get 'em.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:05 PM
It began with movies. Among those who invested in that industry, the majority were Jewish. With the growth of Hollywood came the growth of the TV industry and that media. Jewish people are disproportionately involved in certain industries as a result of the social restrictions that precluded their involvement in other mainstream economic activities. So they embraced a new industry that didn't have entry restrictions and it exploded economically. If you want to blame something for that influence in society, blame the bigotry that forced them to become experts in those industries that the mainstream was ignoring. Furthermore, blame the system of government that requires that it be bought and sold in order to support political extravaganzas otherwise known as elections which by definition invites monied interests to contribute and therefore purchase national and foreign policy.

Hollywood sprang from porn, not news. News was introduced to movies as shorts, I believe.

I don't think the rest of your post is accurate, or if, as you say, jews were restricted and descriminated against, why?

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:08 PM
Sort of.

Orthodox?

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 11:09 PM
They are, but it's still reasonable to wonder how Jewish identity influences the behavior of that powerful minority, just as it's reasonable to wonder how Muslim or Christian identity influences the behavior of some of its adherents.
It's reasonable, but like Christianity or Islam, there is no single identity. Jewish identity ranges from fundamentalism and supremacy to pluralism and socialism...and everything in between.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 11:11 PM
Hollywood sprang from porn, not news. News was introduced to movies as shorts, I believe.

I don't think the rest of your post is accurate, or if, as you say, jews were restricted and descriminated against, why?
https://www.britannica.com/topic/anti-Semitism/Anti-Semitism-in-medieval-Europe

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:17 PM
https://www.britannica.com/topic/anti-Semitism/Anti-Semitism-in-medieval-Europe
... yeah ... and ... ?

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 11:19 PM
... yeah ... and ... ?

You were questioning the accuracy of Who's post and the restrictions placed on Jews throughout history. I posted a link supporting Dr. Who's post.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:28 PM
Ahh, you were presenting the larger picture, the historical context for the times, going back way before moving pictures, and much of it puts jews in a better light than they probably deserve. Historically, jews are not in a positive light. That's just fact, and I'm not going to read that article because what I read looks like apologist writing.

Someone mention conspiracies earlier?

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:30 PM
A people do not go the entire extent of their history, beginning to end, so frequently scorned by others and at war as have the jews without cause. Other people simply aren't that bad to the bone, generally. There's a reason/s for it, and that is the best reason of all that jews not monopolize the media, and certainly not government. Certainly all you attorneys appreciate this.

They already have a very strong hold on finance.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 11:36 PM
Ahh, you were presenting the larger picture, the historical context for the times, going back way before moving pictures, and much of it puts jews in a better light than they probably deserve. Historically, jews are not in a positive light. That's just fact, and I'm not going to read that article because what I read looks like apologist writing.

Someone mention conspiracies earlier?
It's not an article...it's Encyclopedia Britanica.

The link discusses anti Semitism in Medieval Europe, restrictions placed upon Jews and how that led to Jews becoming prominent in finance, banking etc...

That marginalization continued through history and has resulted in Jews finding and creating industries outside of the norm to make a living.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:41 PM
It's not an article...it's Encyclopedia Britanica.

The link discusses anti Semitism in Medieval Europe, restrictions placed upon Jews and how that led to Jews becoming prominent in finance, banking etc...

That marginalization continued through history and has resulted in Jews finding and creating industries outside of the norm to make a living.

So for example, because jews were shunned in society and because other people weren't interested in banking and finance, they took refuge in banking and finance. I see. It wasn't because banks are where all the money, gold and stuff were kept?

Yeah, makes zero sense. Also, encyclopedias contain articles, FYI.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2019, 11:43 PM
It's the principle at work in our 3 branches of government.
Our government has no power balance.

Common Sense
02-22-2019, 11:46 PM
So for example, because jews were shunned in society and because other people weren't interested in banking and finance, they took refuge is banking and finance. I see.

Yeah, makes zero sense.
It's not quite as simple as that, but yes...the restrictions on Jews influenced what industries and enterprises they pursued. Clearly not all Jews became lenders, bankers or diamond brokers, but some did.

Dr. Who
02-22-2019, 11:48 PM

I don't believe the rest of your post, or if they were restricted and descriminated against, why?
How old are you? Jews for a very long time couldn't be hired in most businesses and as a result, had to create their own. There are private golf clubs that only very recently were forced to allow Jews and Blacks as members. You need some history lessons. America was (not all that long ago) a very bigoted place where anyone who wasn't a WASP, faced discrimination, some more than others. When Kennedy was elected President, many people were appalled because he was a 'Catholic'! He was, in fact, the first and only Catholic President.

Irish people were initially imported into America as slaves but people couldn't really distinguish Irish people from any other white people when they escaped. The aboriginal peoples would just refuse to work and would rather die than be subjugated, so they started importing black slaves from Africa, because they couldn't blend in. During the great waves of immigration, the Irish, the Italians and a whole host of other immigrants were treated like garbage in America, hence the development of ethnic ghettos (for protection) and the ancillary crime that followed because people in those areas were incredibly poor and the police were very bigoted. Eventually the Irish took over the police departments in some major northern cities but that just altered the bigotry marginally. Bigotry was particularly alive and well in most of America until the late fifties when there was a social revolution. That may well be attributed both to Jews in the media and the military personnel returning from Europe whose horizons had been broadened living among Europeans. That opened the door for a narrative about institutional bigotry in America and the Civil Rights movement. And FYI, boatloads of European Jews were denied entry into America during WWII despite the well-known activities of the Germans vis-a-vis the Jews. They were offered a new homeland in Madagascar (because the US and Britain didn't want more Jews), which was rejected, so many chose to take their chances in the land now known as the State of Israel.

Dr. Who
02-22-2019, 11:53 PM

Not sure where you get the idea that Hollywood sprang from porn. It sprang from the new technology of moving pictures and the ability to bring inexpensive entertainment to the masses.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:58 PM
How old are you? Jews for a very long time couldn't be hired in most businesses and as a result, had to create their own. There are private golf clubs that only very recently were forced to allow Jews and Blacks as members. You need some history lessons. America was (not all that long ago) a very bigoted place where anyone who wasn't a WASP, faced discrimination, some more than others. When Kennedy was elected President, many people were appalled because he was a 'Catholic'! He was, in fact, the first and only Catholic President.

Irish people were initially imported into America as slaves but people couldn't really distinguish Irish people from any other white people when they escaped. The aboriginal peoples would just refuse to work and would rather die than be subjugated, so they started importing black slaves from Africa, because they couldn't blend in. During the great waves of immigration, the Irish, the Italians and a whole host of other immigrants were treated like garbage in America, hence the development of ethnic ghettos (for protection) and the ancillary crime that followed because people in those areas were incredibly poor and the police were very bigoted. Eventually the Irish took over the police departments in some major northern cities but that just altered the bigotry marginally. Bigotry was particularly alive an well in most of America until the late fifties when there was a social revolution. That may well be attributed both to Jews in the media and the military personnel returning from Europe whose horizons had been broadened living among Europeans. That opened the door for a narrative about institutional bigotry in America and the Civil Rights movement. And FYI, boatloads of European Jews were denied entry into America during WWII despite the well-known activities of the Germans vis-a-vis the Jews. They were offered a new homeland in Madagascar (because the US and Britain didn't want more Jews), which was rejected, so many chose to take their chances in the land now known as the State of Israel.
That's just a whole load of blow.

Lummy
02-22-2019, 11:59 PM
Not sure where you get the idea that Hollywood sprang from porn. It sprang from the new technology of moving pictures and the ability to bring inexpensive entertainment to the masses.

Some of the earliest still pictures were porn, and so it was just a simple question of what's the first thing you do when you get your hands on a new technology like moving pictures? You go look for girls. Hello?

Dr. Who
02-23-2019, 12:04 AM
Some of the earliest still pictures were porn, and so it was just a simple question of what's the first thing you do when you get your hands on a new technology like moving pictures? You go look for girls. Hello?

Hollywood did not spring from still pictures, it sprang from moving pictures - what we now call silent movies, most of which were extremely chaste.

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 12:04 AM

Once someone buys into the elaborate canard and ridiculous stereotypes surrounding a group they dislike, they lose their objectivity and will buy any nonsense that supports their preconceived notions. Anything that supports the narrative...

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 12:07 AM

That's innacurate.

Dr. Who
02-23-2019, 12:08 AM
Once someone buys into the elaborate canard and ridiculous stereotypes surrounding a group they dislike, they lose their objectivity and will buy any nonsense that supports their preconceived notions. Anything that supports the narrative...
Clearly, fact and history are subordinate to agenda in those circumstances.

Lummy
02-23-2019, 12:15 AM
Hollywood did not spring from still pictures, it sprang from moving pictures - what we now call silent movies, most of which were extremely chaste.

Still pictures eventuated moving pictures eventuated Hollywood. Now, what is your problem with what I posted?

You two are a laugh riot. You're the ones trying to stereotype me, nothing more. That's because you're liberal and really have no room in your heads for inconvenient facts. It is funny, however.

Dr. Who
02-23-2019, 12:17 AM
That's just a whole load of blow.
Please offer your arguments on a point by point basis. If necessary, I am willing to inundate you with encyclopedic links. We are not talking about ancient history here.

Lummy
02-23-2019, 12:18 AM
That's innacurate.

Offensive, maybe, but not inaccurate.

Lummy
02-23-2019, 12:21 AM
Please offer your arguments on a point by point basis. If necessary, I am willing to inundate you with encyclopedic links. We are not talking about ancient history here.

I don't have a PhD to defend, and I don't much care to get into it, but for your information, there have been "holocausts" going back thousands of years. They are in the Bible. That's about as much as I care to explore it.

Dr. Who
02-23-2019, 12:25 AM
Still pictures eventuated moving pictures eventuated Hollywood. Now, what is your problem with what I posted?

You two are a laugh riot. You're the ones trying to stereotype me, nothing more. That's because you're liberal and really have no room in your heads for inconvenient facts. It is funny, however.
Facts are never inconvenient unless they are really bald-faced prevarications masquerading as truth, in which case they need to be corrected, which takes effort and that effort is inconvenient, particularly when anyone with a modicum of education should know better.

Dr. Who
02-23-2019, 12:29 AM
I don't have a PhD to defend, and I don't much care to get into it, but for your information, there have been "holocausts" going back thousands of years. They are in the Bible. That's about as much as I care to explore it.
I haven't mentioned holocaust in anything that I have posted. Try again. If you are unwilling to back up your statements with any form of substantiation, then I accept that what you posted is simply opinion, based on nothing in particular.

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 12:31 AM
Offensive, maybe, but not inaccurate.
Can you support that claim in any way?

Lummy
02-23-2019, 12:34 AM
Facts are never inconvenient unless they are really bald-faced prevarications masquerading as truth, in which case they need to be corrected, which takes effort and that effort is inconvenient, particularly when anyone with a modicum of education should know better.
All right, I'm lazy then. Okay?

What's interesting is war photography. Until WW1, it was almost always posed or dead simply because the technology was so cumbersome and slow. That began to change in WW1 with relatively smaller cameras, and then as cameras got even smaller, it became the "you are there" action pictures from the middle of the firefight, and that really took off. Interestingly, the horror of war that was recorded with small cameras brought with it strong public aversion to war because the brutality of it was so apparent and in your face, and that was largely responsible for the peace movement that we knew in the 60's. So thank small cameras for that.

You were born by then, right?

Lummy
02-23-2019, 12:40 AM
Can you support that claim in any way?

Google it.

Lummy
02-23-2019, 12:42 AM
I haven't mentioned holocaust in anything that I have posted. Try again. If you are unwilling to back up your statements with any form of substantiation, then I accept that what you posted is simply opinion, based on nothing in particular.

One would assume that they -- holocausts -- can be considered a measure of contempt, as for a people that aren't welcome. Yes?

So I would refer you to the OT.

Lummy
02-23-2019, 12:47 AM
If you don't believe the OT, then we really have nothing to talk about. LOL

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 01:12 AM
Google it.

So that's a no.

Dr. Who
02-23-2019, 01:17 AM
All right, I'm lazy then. Okay?

What's interesting is war photography. Until WW1, it was almost always posed or dead simply because the technology was so cumbersome and slow. That began to change in WW1 with relatively smaller cameras, and then as cameras got even smaller, it became the "you are there" action pictures from the middle of the firefight, and that really took off. Interestingly, the horror of war that was recorded with small cameras brought with it strong public aversion to war because the brutality of it was so apparent and in your face, and that was largely responsible for the peace movement that we knew in the 60's. So thank small cameras for that.

You were born by then, right?
I'm not 100 years old, so yes. However, the peace movement wasn't really about horrifying pictures. It was about a shift in ideology that followed WWII and the notion that there is nothing glorious about war, death and forced conscription. Millions lost family over a preventable war that might not have happened but for the Treaty of Versailles which effectively destroyed the German economy and allowed an insane populist leader to captivate the German population because he actually had a plan and pushed every nationalist button he could find.

Furthermore, the world was already becoming a much smaller place and geopolitical alliances were changing the landscape. Let's not also forget that making war can be profitable and politically advantageous. Taken as a whole, there were many who believed and still believe that WWII didn't have to happen and both Germany and Japan were manipulated into war and the financial beneficiaries were those industries that sustained the war effort.

Lummy
02-23-2019, 01:29 AM
I'm not 100 years old, so yes. However, the peace movement wasn't really about horrifying pictures. It was about a shift in ideology that followed WWII and the notion that there is nothing glorious about war, death and forced conscription. Millions lost family over a preventable war that might not have happened but for the Treaty of Versailles which effectively destroyed the German economy and allowed an insane populist leader to captivate the German population because he actually had a plan and pushed every nationalist button he could find.

Furthermore, the world was already becoming a much smaller place and geopolitical alliances were changing the landscape. Let's not also forget that making war can be profitable and politically advantageous. Taken as a whole, there were many who believed and still believe that WWII didn't have to happen and both Germany and Japan were manipulated into war and the financial beneficiaries were those industries that sustained the war effort.
You bet Life Magazine, Saturday Evening Post, Look and big picture magazines brought war up close and personal, and that eventuated the ... "shift in ideology that followed WWII and the notion that there is nothing glorious about war, death and forced conscription." That's what I said. Good.

Hard to imagine how Germany and Japan were "manipulated" into war because your assertion is false. Japan had been making empire for decades before Pearl Harbor, and Germany apparently is too politically incorrect to discuss.

Lummy
02-23-2019, 01:35 AM
So that's a no.
No, that's a yes. Just not worth doing. Google history of porn, maybe.

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 01:39 AM
No, that's a yes. Just not worth doing. Google history of porn, maybe.
Sorry, that's not how it works. When you make a claim like that, it's up to you to support it. It's not my responsibility to prove or disprove it.

Otherwise I'll just have to assume you're making it up.

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 01:41 AM
You bet Life Magazine, Saturday Evening Post, Look and big picture magazines brought war up close and personal, and that eventuated the ... "shift in ideology that followed WWII and the notion that there is nothing glorious about war, death and forced conscription." That's what I said. Good.

Hard to imagine how Germany and Japan were "manipulated" into war because your assertion is false. Japan had been making empire for decades before Pearl Harbor, and Germany apparently is too politically incorrect to discuss.
You should read Who's posts more carefully. You clearly haven't understood what she said.

Tahuyaman
02-23-2019, 01:46 AM
Sorry, that's not how it works. When you make a claim like that, it's up to you to support it. It's not my responsibility to prove or disprove it.

Otherwise I'll just have to assume you're making it up.

If you can prove a claim made here is wrong, do it. That's how a debate works. It's up to you to provide a countering view to refute or disprove it.

Otherwise I'll just have to assume you can't.

Tahuyaman
02-23-2019, 01:48 AM
Marx was part jew, as were others among a handful of elite revolutionaries that changed that part of the world. That's a lot of power concentrated in very few hands that strongly tended jewish.

How can someone be "part Jew"? Just asking.

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 02:00 AM
If you can prove a claim made here is wrong, do it. That's how a debate works. It's up to you to provide a countering view to refute or disprove it.

Otherwise I'll just have to assume you can't.

Lol...that's inane and that's not how things work.

He's not suggesting an argument or a view, he's claiming something is a fact and refusing to support that claim.

If I were to claim that Thomas Edison was a pedophile, how would you disprove it? Wouldn't it be reasonable to ask that I provide some evidence? If you couldn't disprove it, would it make it a fact?

Peter1469
02-23-2019, 07:11 AM
Probably because their culture values education and achievement. That is good. But adopting hard left political ideas is bad, imo, and that applies to all who lurch hard left - not to any particular group.

Peter1469
02-23-2019, 07:14 AM

Zionism is simply nationalism. Nationalism is the norm in the international community today, despite the movement towards globalism.

Peter1469
02-23-2019, 07:16 AM

I fully back Israel in Israel too. I would fully support a new Palestine east of the Jordan River.

Tahuyaman
02-23-2019, 12:11 PM

He's not suggesting an argument or a view, he's claiming something is a fact and refusing to support that claim.

If I were to claim that Thomas Edison was a pedophile, how would you disprove it? Wouldn't it be reasonable to ask that I provide some evidence? If you couldn't disprove it, would it make it a fact?
Just asking for a link isn't an effective tactic to refute a comment. Provide facts which prove him wrong.

Green Arrow
02-23-2019, 12:33 PM

It had, up until the last few years, long been considered part of good discussion/debate etiquette that you can’t prove a negative, and thus the burden of proof lies with the person making the positive claim.

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 12:52 PM
It had, up until the last few years, long been considered part of good discussion/debate etiquette that you can’t prove a negative, and thus the burden of proof lies with the person making the positive claim.

I thought that was obvious...but apparently now you can make up any bullshit and demand people prove you wrong.

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 12:56 PM
Just asking for a link isn't an effective tactic to refute a comment. Provide facts which prove him wrong.
I'm simply asking him to support his claim. That's how it works.

Again, how would you prove Thomas Edison wasn't a pedophile? Can you do that? Do you really not understand this?

Tahuyaman
02-23-2019, 01:06 PM
I'm simply asking him to support his claim. That's how it works.

Again, how would you prove Thomas Edison wasn't a pedophile? Can you do that? Do you really not understand this?

That’s how it works if one is too lazy to refute a comment with facts. Besides, you just inserted a strawman with the Thomas Edison thing. That’s another tactic people use who can’t provide facts to support their views.

Lummy
02-23-2019, 01:31 PM
How can someone be "part Jew"? Just asking.

Meaning of jewish background in the previous generation or two.

Lummy
02-23-2019, 01:36 PM
You should read Who's posts more carefully. You clearly haven't understood what she said.
She has to cut out all the blow first. Way too much chaff.

Tahuyaman
02-23-2019, 02:23 PM
Meaning of jewish background in the previous generation or two.. So, if my mother was Catholic and I'm a Protestant, am I part Catholic?

The Jewish faith is no a racial identity. One can't be " part Jewish".

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 03:06 PM
That’s how it works if one is too lazy to refute a comment with facts. Besides, you just inserted a strawman with the Thomas Edison thing. That’s another tactic people use who can’t provide facts to support their views.

You're being dishonest here.

My example isn't a strawman. It's an illustration of why people have to support their assertions rather than the onus being on everyone else to disprove it. You can't disprove Edison was a pedophile, just as I can't disprove the ridiculous assertion that film began with porn.

I have a feeling you can't see that due to personal and political reasons, rather than logical ones.

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 03:08 PM
She has to cut out all the blow first. Way too much chaff.
Regardless, you're not understanding what she wrote.

Tahuyaman
02-23-2019, 03:30 PM
You're being dishonest here.

My example isn't a strawman. It's an illustration of why people have to support their assertions rather than the onus being on everyone else to disprove it. You can't disprove Edison was a pedophile, just as I can't disprove the ridiculous assertion that film began with porn.

I have a feeling you can't see that due to personal and political reasons, rather than logical ones.

I'm being honest. If you think someone has made a comment which is false, refute it with facts. Asking for a link is the cowards was out.

Common Sense
02-23-2019, 04:22 PM
I'm being honest. If you think someone has made a comment which is false, refute it with facts. Asking for a link is the cowards was out.

I'll be sure to remind you of this in the future.

It's nice to know I can make any claim I want without supplying any proof.

The Xl
02-23-2019, 04:35 PM
It's okay to talk about white privilege, it's okay to tell blacks to pick themselves up by the bootstraps, it's never okay to be critical of Jews in any way shape or form. Jews are comically over-represented in almost every major occupation and industry relative to their population and wield an insane amount of influence in our government.

roadmaster
02-23-2019, 04:51 PM
It's okay to talk about white privilege, it's okay to tell blacks to pick themselves up by the bootstraps, it's never okay to be critical of Jews in any way shape or form. Jews are comically over-represented in almost every major occupation and industry relative to their population and wield an insane amount of influence in our government. They are called the pre-trib mafia. The ones who go by Schofield and Darby notes instead of the Bible. In the Bible Christians living will go threw Trib not His wrath and these people are stupid.

Tahuyaman
02-23-2019, 06:20 PM
I'll be sure to remind you of this in the future.

It's nice to know I can make any claim I want without supplying any proof.

You can make any claim you want without supporting it factually. I'll continue to use facts to refute them. I won't resort to responding with "link".