PDA

View Full Version : Democrats in a power struggle.

Tahuyaman
02-25-2019, 01:47 PM
Apparently AOC believes that she is the new leader of the Democrats in the legislative branch and the old guard is resisting. There's a coming melt down in the Democrat party. People like Schumer, and Pelosi aren't going to be able to control the massive shift to the extreme left. Their party is gradually being overtaken by extremists.

While they might not disagree with much of it in principle, they are savy enough to know that this will destroy their chances to take over complete control in 2020.

This green new deal could very well be the issue which makes the Democratic Party as irrelevant as the Green Party or Libertarian Party.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/aoc-rips-dianne-feinstein-after-her-confrontation-with-kids-over-green-new-deal

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., tore into fellow Democrat Dianne Feinstein and all "climate delayers" on Sunday after the California senator was caught on video last week clashing with children about the Green New Deal.

Tahuyaman
02-25-2019, 02:09 PM
AOC fails to realize that through the application of incrementalism, the left has achieved many of their goals. Especially when it comes to the climate change hoax. They used the idea of incrementalism because it creates a sense of complacency in the people.

People don't care about throwing the occasional bone to the far left, until they realize they've thrown so many bones that they have lost more than they ever expected.

Common
02-25-2019, 03:55 PM
These new younger democrats got elected promising everything for free. Once elected Nancy Pelosi bought their opposition to her being house leader by giving them Committees, it was unprecedented to give newly elected no nothings powerful committee seats, she did it to keep her house leadership.

The inner party battle is just getting started, this time around its going to be a whopper

But the GOP is going to have its own and its already started, the never trumpers are never trumping again.

ripmeister
02-25-2019, 04:41 PM
This gal is a disruptor, no different from The Salesman in that regard.

MMC
02-25-2019, 05:01 PM
Yeah, and Feinstein responded back. Occasional Cortex might want to check herself in taking on a Senator.

donttread
02-25-2019, 05:12 PM
Apparently AOC believes that she is the new leader of the Democrats in the legislative branch and the old guard is resisting. There's a coming melt down in the Democrat party. People like Schumer, and Pelosi aren't going to be able to control the massive shift to the extreme left. Their party is gradually being overtaken by extremists.

While they might not disagree with much of it in principle, they are savy enough to know that this will destroy their chances to take over complete control in 2020.

This green new deal could very well be the issue which makes the Democratic Party as irrelevant as the Green Party or Libertarian Party.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/aoc-rips-dianne-feinstein-after-her-confrontation-with-kids-over-green-new-deal

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., tore into fellow Democrat Dianne Feinstein and all "climate delayers" on Sunday after the California senator was caught on video last week clashing with children about the Green New Deal.

I'll give her one thing . She has people shook up alright. And that is not all bad.

Tahuyaman
02-25-2019, 05:21 PM
I'll give her one thing . She has people shook up alright. And that is not all bad. She shakes people up by saying stupid things. I do agree that might be a good thing. She could be waking people up by demonstrating the alternative to being smart.

Mini Me
02-25-2019, 05:32 PM
She shakes people up by saying stupid things. I do agree that might be a good thing. She could be waking people up by demonstrating the alternative to being smart.

She says such stupid things, that I believe she is a PLANT of the Rethuglicans! There is no other explanantion.Or...she may be a diversion for the erst of the Dem candidates, to make them appear more moderate.

Tahuyaman
02-25-2019, 05:43 PM
She says such stupid things, that I believe she is a PLANT of the Rethuglicans! There is no other explanantion.Or...she may be a diversion for the erst of the Dem candidates, to make them appear more moderate.

Yeah. She's a Republican activist.

Captdon
02-25-2019, 06:25 PM
These new younger democrats got elected promising everything for free. Once elected Nancy Pelosi bought their opposition to her being house leader by giving them Committees, it was unprecedented to give newly elected no nothings powerful committee seats, she did it to keep her house leadership.

The inner party battle is just getting started, this time around its going to be a whopper

But the GOP is going to have its own and its already started, the never trumpers are never trumping again.

The Republicans are having no such problem. That have realized Trump is in control. A few People like Collins and Murkowski aren't. the power base they think they are.