PDA

View Full Version : Civil war.

Cthulhu
02-26-2019, 07:32 AM
Seems like the popular thing to talk about here for some reason.

Why are some seeing it as inevitable? Why do some want it?

More importantly, what could be done to avoid it?

Speculate away! Just try to not be a fa ggot about it.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Common
02-26-2019, 07:38 AM
There will be no civil war anyone that wants one needs a straight jacket.

We need the democrats to stop their neverending hating on everyone and everything that doesnt toe their line. We need democrats to stop being wild assholes and be reasonable and just stop LYING incessantly and making shit up

Green Arrow
02-26-2019, 09:10 AM
I would guess that 99.99% of the people whining about a civil war would go nowhere near it if it actually happened. Lots of keyboard kommandos.

Safety
02-26-2019, 09:27 AM
I would guess that 99.99% of the people whining about a civil war would go nowhere near it if it actually happened. Lots of keyboard kommandos.

Exactly. I see most of those hacks as nothing more than empty, rhetoric spewing, hacks.

Chris
02-26-2019, 10:04 AM
There will be no civil war. There will be no revolution. The US could evolve and reverse centralization of power. It could collapse.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 11:13 AM
Despite your protests, a real civil war is inevitable. The way to change inevitable to unlikely is quite simple. Enforce the Tenth Amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Private Pickle
02-26-2019, 12:04 PM
There won't be a Civil War. We are too well fed...too well employed and too wrapped up in our TVs to chance not having those things anymore...

The Xl
02-26-2019, 12:10 PM
If there ever was a civil war, I don't think it would necessarily be a left vs right one. And it's unlikely to happen anyway.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 12:12 PM
If there ever was a civil war, I don't think it would necessarily be a left vs right one. And it's unlikely to happen anyway.
Many civil wars involved many groups, not just two. The vast majority of the people who have experienced civil wars believed as you do.

Chris
02-26-2019, 12:28 PM

If it happens it would be all against all.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 12:35 PM
It gives some people hope. Maybe a way to preserve some of the past as it slips through their fingers.

The reps are worried about being under the proverbial thumb of the dems from here on out. Just like it is in CA.
Reps are worried that dems will call in the guns and disarm them.
Reps are worried about the dems turning America into Mehico.
White Christians are worried about losing control of America. They see what it was like for the Boers in Africa once they lost power.

...and all these worries are in the process of becoming reality...they are not pipe-dreams.

The reality of civil war?

People are not organized for civil war and too busy trying to 'just get by' to fight in one. It take vast amounts of $$ to fund a war.

If there was mass militia organization, say by the NRA and a willingness to fight to the death to protect ones's rights, then sure, there may be a civil war if the dems tried to confiscate the guns. But with no organization, the people are impotent to do anything but gripe and hand in their guns and watch America turn into Mehico before their eyes. There may be a few lone wolf extremists, but they will accomplish nothing meaningful.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Many civil wars involved many groups, not just two. The vast majority of the people who have experienced civil wars believed as you do.

Who would they be then? The main divide in the US is the reps and dems. Independents will have to decide which side to fight on.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 12:38 PM
There won't be a Civil War. We are too well fed...too well employed and too wrapped up in our TVs to chance not having those things anymore...

Yes, not hungry enuf. Too much to lose.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 12:40 PM
Despite your protests, a real civil war is inevitable. The way to change inevitable to unlikely is quite simple. Enforce the Tenth Amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Where is the organization??

Will it be the RNC? Will they go rouge one day and call all the reps to take up arms and kill every dem they can find?

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 12:41 PM
There will be no civil war anyone that wants one needs a straight jacket.

We need the democrats to stop their neverending hating on everyone and everything that doesnt toe their line. We need democrats to stop being wild $#@!s and be reasonable and just stop LYING incessantly and making $#@! up
Well, these are pipe dreams jsut as your demands on the dems are pipe dreams.

The Reality?

Dems will get worse and worse until China, Russia and Mehico splits us up.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 12:44 PM
There will be no civil war. There will be no revolution. The US could evolve and reverse centralization of power. It could collapse.
If the US was ever in turmoil or some national catastrophe like EMP - Russia and China would be right over to help us recover. And they would police us in perpetuity to make sure we are safe.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 12:55 PM
Who would they be then? The main divide in the US is the reps and dems. Independents will have to decide which side to fight on.
if I gave some thought I could probably come up with groups. They are not important just yet.

Think of the big issues. Each has at least two groups. Consider good versus evil. Life versus infanticide. Liberty versus Marxism. That is four already.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 12:56 PM
Yes, not hungry enuf. Too much to lose.
Hunger may spark a rebellion. I don't know about a civil war.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 12:58 PM

Where is the organization??
What do you mean?

Will it be the RNC? Will they go rouge one day and call all the reps to take up arms and kill every dem they can find?
Rouge? Red?

MMC
02-26-2019, 01:08 PM

Speaking for yourself again I see. But then you never served nor were you ever in combat.

Probably knowing 99.99% that you wouldn't last 15 minutes in a combat zone.

But then you want us to believe you aren't cowardly Right?

Chris
02-26-2019, 01:09 PM
If the US was ever in turmoil or some national catastrophe like EMP - Russia and China would be right over to help us recover. And they would police us in perpetuity to make sure we are safe.

That is a likely outcome given the modern state. Russia east of the Mississippi and Chine west. Would the EU survive?

MMC
02-26-2019, 01:13 PM

What about all those leftists that have no jobs. In Bread lines, living off church pantries and Food stamps. Not that those types would start a civil war.

Most of those types don't have the brain capacity to adapt and improvise. Just sayin.

Private Pickle
02-26-2019, 01:15 PM
What about all those leftists that have no jobs. In Bread lines, living off church pantries and Food stamps. Not that those types would start a civil war.

Most of those types don't have the brain capacity to adapt and improvise. Just sayin.
Yeah that question answers itself.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 01:17 PM
That would not be a civil war.

MMC
02-26-2019, 01:24 PM
If it happens it would be all against all.

According to Newsweek magazine’s polling, a third of all Americans think such a conflict could break out within the next five years, with 10% thinking it “very likely to happen.” Plenty of experts agree. Back in March, State Department official Keith Mines told Foreign Policy magazine: “It is like 1859, everyone is mad about something and everyone has a gun.” He rated the odds of a second American Civil War breaking out within the next 10-15 years at 60%.

October’s awful events — pipe bombs sent to leading Democratic politicians and supporters, the mass shooting at a synagogue in Pittsburgh — have only amplified these fears. “We are now nearing a point comparable to 1860,” my Stanford University colleague Victor Davis Hanson recently wrote in the National Review.

The historian Niall Ferguson, another Stanford colleague, suggested in The Sunday Times of London that if someone were to design a “Civil War Clock” comparable to the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists’ “Doomsday Clock,” the designer would probably now be announcing that it is “two minutes to Fort Sumter.”

The polarization/regionalism/financial crisis/political violence package that 2010s America shares with 1850s America can be present without leading to civil war, and civil wars can break out without the package being present. We can only conclude that these forces are neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for civil war. The dark prophecies of a second Civil War within the coming decade might well be nothing more than bad scholarship.....snip~

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-are-the-chances-that-americas-disunion-turns-into-civil-war-2018-11-07

Naturally leftists fear it far more than any others. As they know they are nothing more than fodder for the mixing bowl. Especially these leftist member here on this site. As they know their check out time would come due very quickly.

MMC
02-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Yeah that question answers itself.

Kind of like asking Demos why they want to ban guns. The question answers itself.

MMC
02-26-2019, 01:31 PM
It gives some people hope. Maybe a way to preserve some of the past as it slips through their fingers.

The reps are worried about being under the proverbial thumb of the dems from here on out. Just like it is in CA.
Reps are worried that dems will call in the guns and disarm them.
Reps are worried about the dems turning America into Mehico.
White Christians are worried about losing control of America. They see what it was like for the Boers in Africa once they lost power.

...and all these worries are in the process of becoming reality...they are not pipe-dreams.

The reality of civil war?

People are not organized for civil war and too busy trying to 'just get by' to fight in one. It take vast amounts of $$ to fund a war.

If there was mass militia organization, say by the NRA and a willingness to fight to the death to protect ones's rights, then sure, there may be a civil war if the dems tried to confiscate the guns. But with no organization, the people are impotent to do anything but gripe and hand in their guns and watch America turn into Mehico before their eyes. There may be a few lone wolf extremists, but they will accomplish nothing meaningful.

:wink:

Prophecy for USA 2016 - 2027:The Coming Civil War in USA ... (http://www.newsprepper.com/5056-2/)www.newsprepper.com › Economy Collapse (http://www.newsprepper.com/category/economy-collapse/)[/URL]
The United States will engage in civil war because they will be pushed from the outside influences, politically, economically and on every front and internally. The USA will be more destructive to itself than Russia or China can ever do to America. State will fight against state in some regions.

[URL="https://medium.com/@Phaylen/experts-predict-a-second-civil-war-trump-nationalists-against-the-rest-of-america-b525b01c3717"]Experts Predict A Second Civil War: Trump Nationalists ... (https://www.bing.com/search?q=experts+predict+civil+war+in+the+US&form=PRHPR1&src=IE11TR&pc=EUPP_HRTS#)https://medium.com/@Phaylen/experts-predict-a-second-civil-war...
Experts Predict A Second Civil War: Trump Nationalists Against The Rest of America ... was the first to suggest that the United States, ... of his critics that Trump will see himself emerge as the ...

MMC
02-26-2019, 01:36 PM

What if they instigated it?

Is America Headed for a New Kind of Civil War? | The New ... (https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/is-america-headed-for-a-new-kind-of-civil-war)https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/is-america-headed-for-a...
Mines concluded that the United States faces a sixty-per-cent chance of civil war over the next ten to fifteen years. Other experts’ predictions ranged from five per cent to ninety-five per cent. The sobering consensus was thirty-five per cent. And that was five months before Charlottesville.

MMC
02-26-2019, 01:40 PM
Seems like the popular thing to talk about here for some reason.

Why are some seeing it as inevitable? Why do some want it?

More importantly, what could be done to avoid it?

Speculate away! Just try to not be a fa ggot about it.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

The polarization/regionalism/financial crisis/political violence package ….snip~ <<<<< these have shown to be the causes of civil wars. But they don't have to be to cause one.

Most wouldn't know what to do if they awoke and discovered they were in one. Ex Military would know what to do.

Many would surrender to whatever force was engaging. They would have to hope they were taking prisoners.

Best way to avoid one.....hoping leaders don't lose control.

Cletus
02-26-2019, 01:46 PM
It really does not take much to trigger a conflict, especially when a large percentage of the population feel victimized by the rest.

In New Mexico, we are currently up to 18 of 33 counties (all in the last week) who have told the state legislature and the executive that they are treading on dangerous ground by trying to implement draconian and unconstitutional gun laws in this state. The number is going to continue to grow as more counties take the issue up for discussion.

The bills under discussion are almost word for word, the same bills the new House of Representatives under Pelosi are trying to impose on the federal level. New Mexicans have come right out and said "We are not going to obey". The Governor's Office has said "You WILL obey" All it would take to turn this state into a battlefield is for the Governor to send her goons into one of the sanctuary counties to force compliance. Somebody would end up dead and the fight would be on.

What is happening here could realistically happen on a nationwide scale. People will only be pushed so far before they push back. Fortunately, most of the proposals being put forth by Pelosi and her zombie, freedom hating followers will be blocked by the Senate.

Chris
02-26-2019, 01:47 PM
According to Newsweek magazine’s polling, a third of all Americans think such a conflict could break out within the next five years, with 10% thinking it “very likely to happen.” Plenty of experts agree. Back in March, State Department official Keith Mines told Foreign Policy magazine: “It is like 1859, everyone is mad about something and everyone has a gun.” He rated the odds of a second American Civil War breaking out within the next 10-15 years at 60%.

October’s awful events — pipe bombs sent to leading Democratic politicians and supporters, the mass shooting at a synagogue in Pittsburgh — have only amplified these fears. “We are now nearing a point comparable to 1860,” my Stanford University colleague Victor Davis Hanson recently wrote in the National Review.

The historian Niall Ferguson, another Stanford colleague, suggested in The Sunday Times of London that if someone were to design a “Civil War Clock” comparable to the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists’ “Doomsday Clock,” the designer would probably now be announcing that it is “two minutes to Fort Sumter.”

The polarization/regionalism/financial crisis/political violence package that 2010s America shares with 1850s America can be present without leading to civil war, and civil wars can break out without the package being present. We can only conclude that these forces are neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for civil war. The dark prophecies of a second Civil War within the coming decade might well be nothing more than bad scholarship.....snip~

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-are-the-chances-that-americas-disunion-turns-into-civil-war-2018-11-07

Naturally leftists fear it far more than any others. As they know they are nothing more than fodder for the mixing bowl. Especially these leftist member here on this site. As they know their check out time would come due very quickly.

What would be the warring factions?

Way I see it is most are tied to a liberal (classical) ideology of individualism and egalitarianism that leaves each of us abstracted from society and dependent on the state.

nathanbforrest45
02-26-2019, 01:54 PM
It really does not take much to trigger a conflict, especially when a large percentage of the population feel victimized by the rest.

In New Mexico, we are currently up to 18 of 33 counties (all in the last week) who have told the state legislature and the executive that they are treading on dangerous ground by trying to implement draconian and unconstitutional gun laws in this state. The number is going to continue to grow as more counties take the issue up for discussion.

The bills under discussion are almost word for word, the same bills the new House of Representatives under Pelosi are trying to impose on the federal level. New Mexicans have come right out and said "We are not going to obey". The Governor's Office has said "You WILL obey" All it would take to turn this state into a battlefield is for the Governor to send her goons into one of the sanctuary counties to force compliance. Somebody would end up dead and the fight would be on.

What is happening here could realistically happen on a nationwide scale. People will only be pushed so far before they push back. Fortunately, most of the proposals being put forth by Pelosi and her zombie, freedom hating followers will be blocked by the Senate.

It is my understanding that approximately 20 percent of the colonist wanted to split from England, 20 percent wanted to remain and most of the rest sided with the colonies when the shooting started

MMC
02-26-2019, 02:06 PM

Way I see it is most are tied to a liberal (classical) ideology of individualism and egalitarianism that leaves each of us abstracted from society and dependent on the state.

Politicos-which means Democrats would be in very serious trouble. Religious vs anti religious, Racists, order vs chaos. All would tie their issue in with the Political.

Green Arrow
02-26-2019, 02:44 PM
Speaking for yourself again I see. But then you never served nor were you ever in combat.

Probably knowing 99.99% that you wouldn't last 15 minutes in a combat zone.

But then you want us to believe you aren't cowardly Right?

Correct, and proud of it. I’ve put my violent days behind me and eight years ago swore a vow of non-violence. I won’t harm another person unless my life or the life of someone I care about is in danger.

Chris
02-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Politicos-which means Democrats would be in very serious trouble. Religious vs anti religious, Racists, order vs chaos. All would tie their issue in with the Political.

I don't see any clear sides.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 02:53 PM
It is my understanding that approximately 20 percent of the colonist wanted to split from England, 20 percent wanted to remain and most of the rest sided with the colonies when the shooting started

Whatever the %, they were hungry. Modern day Americas are fat and complacent. England was far away. Dems are the majority of America. Colonialists broke away from England because of the Stamp Act. England was too greedy. When Brits taxed paper the Colonialists had enuf.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 03:01 PM

Don't think religion is a big deal. How would it unfold? Religion wants atheists to believe or be killed? Atheists want religious to disavow their god or be killed?

Race agitation is very bad right now, but I guess it can be lots worse.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 03:03 PM
That is a likely outcome given the modern state. Russia east of the Mississippi and Chine west. Would the EU survive?
Don't think / worry much about the EU. We got enuf issues at home. The Muslims are hard at work on that front converting the EU into a Sharia contingent.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 03:09 PM

You can get riots, disturbances or demonstrations. But civil war takes organization, sacrifice and an army.

The best time for someone to attack the USA would be during a civil war / catastrophe. Infighting occupies your time and you lose situational awareness.

Or it is done over long periods through slow infiltration like Mexico has done with the Reconquista.

MMC
02-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Whatever the %, they were hungry. Modern day Americas are fat and complacent. England was far away. Dems are the majority of America. Colonialists broke away from England because of the Stamp Act. England was too greedy. When Brits taxed paper the Colonialists had enuf.

Gallup: Liberals outnumber conservatives in only 6 states, down from 9.....

MMC
02-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Don't think religion is a big deal. How would it unfold? Religion wants atheists to believe or be killed? Atheists want religious to disavow their god or be killed?

Race agitation is very bad right now, but I guess it can be lots worse.

Life vs Infantcide. Religious Liberty vs those that want to take it away. The Race agitation is caused by Demo Politicians and the Extremists. They would tie into a political means.

MMC
02-26-2019, 03:20 PM
I don't see any clear sides.

Either way they would tie it into the Political.

slackercruster
02-26-2019, 03:35 PM
From what I can tell, the only topic that brings about talk of civil war is gun confiscation. And it all boils down to is the dems trying to disarm the reps. (for the most part) The dems will do it state by state until America is mostly disarmed. Then they may go nationwide with the few remaining holdout states.

Well, do you even have a NM militia to fight back?

Do you really have any chance anyway?

I thought Mexico controls the vote in NM.

Without organization, as you gun owners get arrested and lose your property, all your supporters can do is hold up a picket sign in front of the jail or prison. American are too civilized to fight otherwise. The dems don't see any loss, no skin in the game for creating whatever laws they want to grab guns.

The way something like this would snowball is if the local authorities confiscates the guns and start throwing people in jail. The militia comes out and demands they be released within 5 minutes or they unleash hellfire on them. I'm talking about 3 choices...they die...you die...or they are released. That snowballs all over the state until someone backs down.

It is all very un-American. When you go into a situation you have to kill everyone involved or they will come back and kill you. It is how they do it in Mexico and how ISIS did it. The people are not going to change religions and suddenly start loving guns. They will be after you and your guns. It is a constant battle to fight to keep your guns. The other side will only give up when enough destruction and death has occurred.

The politicians creating these laws would be targeted, the law enforcement offers carrying out these orders would be targeted. Militia from adjoining states would come in to help. ANTIFA from all over would descend and try to kill the patriot militia. That would make a good start to a civil war, even if just localized.

Here is a glimpse of what it may look like. (from Mexico) on a police station that would not release a patriot that was arrested for owning a gun and guilty of no other illegality that being a patriot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHTLE6vlgNE&feature=player_embedded

Now, if such a scenario would go national, as the police get killed off, then crime, gangs and anarchy will expand. America will be in prime shape for a takeover at that point. So if America was lost like this, it was all due to the dems trying to force a disarm of the reps. Crazy huh?

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 04:39 PM
What if they instigated it?

Is America Headed for a New Kind of Civil War? | The New ... (https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/is-america-headed-for-a-new-kind-of-civil-war)

https://www.newyorker.com (http://www.newyorker.com)/news/news-desk/is-america-headed-for-a...
Mines concluded that the United States faces a sixty-per-cent chance of civil war over the next ten to fifteen years. Other experts’ predictions ranged from five per cent to ninety-five per cent. The sobering consensus was thirty-five per cent. And that was five months before Charlottesville.
It won't be a new kind of civil war. It will be what civil wars always were. The First American Civil war was a war between two countries.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 04:41 PM

It is always hard to tell ahead of time. It is always easy to see them with hindsight.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 04:47 PM
Whatever the %, they were hungry.
Nonsense.

Modern day Americas are fat and complacent. England was far away. Dems are the majority of America. Colonialists broke away from England because of the Stamp Act. England was too greedy. When Brits taxed paper the Colonialists had enuf.
1) Modern day Americas are fat and complacent. Not relevant to civil war.
2) England was far away. Granted. Distance was not relevant to the rebellion.
3) Dems are the majority of America. Untrue. Also not relevant.
4) Colonialists broke away from England because of the Stamp Act. The Stamp Act united 13 disparate colonies.
5) England was too greedy. When Brits taxed paper the Colonialists had enuf. See the Declaration of Independence.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2019, 04:52 PM
You can get riots, disturbances or demonstrations. But civil war takes organization, sacrifice and an army.
Here is a decent list of civil wars. Some had armies on both sides. Some had armies on one side. Some did not have armies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_civil_wars#Past_civil_wars

Cletus
02-26-2019, 05:49 PM
It is now 20 of 33 counties and one county is meeting as I type this.

jimmyz
02-26-2019, 06:18 PM
I watched 'Free State of Jones' (2016) last night. A good US Civil War docu-drama based on a real character named Newton Knight. Check it out.

Newton Knight - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_Knight

Chris
02-26-2019, 06:25 PM
I watched 'Free State of Jones' (2016) last night. A good US Civil War docu-drama based on a real character named Newton Knight. Check it out.

Newton Knight - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_Knight

Great movie, even of romanticized a bit. Available on Netflix, right?

jimmyz
02-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Great movie, even of romanticized a bit. Available on Netflix, right?

Yes it is.

I did not realize it was based on a real man and is historically accurate. Watch the bonus segment with the historians and his decedents commenting. newton Knight was the first activist for black equality IMO.

Chris
02-26-2019, 06:59 PM
Yes it is.

I did not realize it was based on a real man and is historically accurate. Watch the bonus segment with the historians and his decedents commenting. newton Knight was the first activist for black equality IMO.

Yes, true. Victoria E. Bynum's The Free State of Jones: Mississippi's Longest Civil War does a great job chronicling the events and the history of those families back to their Carolina Revolutionary War ancestors.

HoneyBadger
02-26-2019, 11:17 PM
It is now 20 of 33 counties and one county is meeting as I type this.

21 counties and two more municipalities: Farmington and Espanola. Lujan Grisham is starting to look a lot like a little fish surrounded by a sea of hate, particularly after she went after the 31 (of 33) Sheriffs today on twitter calling them "rogue" and "childish". She might get re-elected with Santa Fe, Albuquerque and Las Cruces but she's going to lose the house and senate. They need the "rural" counties.

Cotton1
02-27-2019, 02:18 AM
If we have a "Civil War" I will play on the condition we get really neat uniforms and happy hour is a ceasefire from 5:00-7:00

slackercruster
02-27-2019, 08:48 AM
Life vs Infantcide. Religious Liberty vs those that want to take it away. The Race agitation is caused by Demo Politicians and the Extremists. They would tie into a political means.
Sure, big differences in beliefs. But not to go to war over. We had lone wolf assassinations of abortion providers, but no civil war.

Now, if the blacks had enuf control of the USA and decided to do like Africa did with the white farmers, then maybe. Africa didn't have a civil war when a small # of whites were in control. And now that the blacks are in control (and the latest news was the blacks want to use the whites for domestics) still no civil war.

I think race will continue to be a problem. Just too much hatred and it keeps growing.

Captdon
02-27-2019, 09:14 AM
It won't be a new kind of civil war. It will be what civil wars always were. The First American Civil war was a war between two countries.

No, it wasn't. The South never was a country. They were rebels.

Captdon
02-27-2019, 09:20 AM
What if "sanctuary places" continues? It doesn't have to over one thing as Arizona is proving.lipons of people stop paying taxes. What if local banks stop working with the fesd. What if states began to arrest illegal and kicking them out. etc?

What if the professional army refuse to do anything here? What if the NG refuses to form up? There are multiple way a civil war can be fought. California is showing the way.

Lummy
02-27-2019, 10:48 AM
Are there really any doubts? Consider the old adage, "truth is the first casualty of war". Truth in Washington is just about dead, it seems to me.

MisterVeritis
02-27-2019, 11:15 AM
The First American Civil war was a war between two countries.

No, it wasn't. The South never was a country. They were rebels.
Yes. It was a war between two countries. Real civil wars are not. Of course, the South was a country.

Chris
02-27-2019, 12:26 PM

Yes. It was a war between two countries. Real civil wars are not. Of course, the South was a country.

So far as I know, no nation, including the US, ever officially recognized the CSA as an independent country.

MisterVeritis
02-27-2019, 12:35 PM
So far as I know, no nation, including the US, ever officially recognized the CSA as an independent country.
While true it is not relevant. The South considered itself to be an independent country.

Chris
02-27-2019, 12:50 PM
While true it is not relevant. The South considered itself to be an independent country.

It is relevant. Or if I declare myself a nation then I am? My neighborhood?

Lummy
02-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Had they stopped to argue about it like frosh in moot court, as you're doing, the civil war likely would never have happened. :occasion18:

Cletus
02-27-2019, 02:21 PM
Another county just voted "Yea" on Second Amendment Sanctuary status. That makes 22 of 33 counties so far, two thirds of the state.

The Governor had a meltdown on Twitter yesterday. She essentially called the residents of New Mexico too stupid to decide such an important issue for themselves and referred to the 31 Sheriffs supporting this resolution as a bunch of "rogue sheriffs having a pity party". I don't know if she fully realized just how incredibly stupid that was because now the sheriffs are pissed and the gloves are about to come off.

Chris
02-27-2019, 02:38 PM
Another county just voted "Yea" on Second Amendment Sanctuary status. That makes 22 of 33 counties so far, two thirds of the state.

The Governor had a meltdown on Twitter yesterday. She essentially called the residents of New Mexico too stupid to decide such an important issue for themselves and referred to the 31 Sheriffs supporting this resolution as a bunch of "rogue sheriffs having a pity party". I don't know if she fully realized just how incredibly stupid that was because now the sheriffs are pissed and the gloves are about to come off.

She sounds like many a liberal who doesn't trust the people to think for themselves.

Good for the sheriffs!

MisterVeritis
02-27-2019, 02:44 PM
It is relevant. Or if I declare myself a nation then I am? My neighborhood?
Let me know when you establish a functioning government, an army, and a navy.

Chris
02-27-2019, 02:52 PM

Self-government, something I thought you believed in.

MisterVeritis
02-27-2019, 02:57 PM

Self-government, something I thought you believed in.
Nonsequitur.

Captdon
02-27-2019, 03:06 PM

Of course. it wasn't. It was never recognized as one. It never has total control of its territory. It could not keep law and order in any territory is controlled. Its money was worthless. Its economy was a shambles after the blockade cut the cotton trade out.

Its army was barefoot and hungry from the start. If there had been decent roads or railroads the war would have lasted two years tops.They fought all but twice using interior lines. The two times they didn't they were easily defeated.

A country in the minds of Southerners.

Captdon
02-27-2019, 03:08 PM

It was a poorly thought out idea. They didn't think the rest of the country would fight them. They badly misjudged Lincoln.

MisterVeritis
02-27-2019, 03:11 PM
Of course. it wasn't. It was never recognized as one. It never has total control of its territory. It could not keep law and order in any territory is controlled. Its money was worthless. Its economy was a shambles after the blockade cut the cotton trade out.

Its army was barefoot and hungry from the start. If there had been decent roads or railroads the war would have lasted two years tops. They fought all but twice using interior lines. The two times they didn't they were easily defeated.

A country in the minds of Southerners.
Despite your complaints, the Confederacy was a country and fought as a country. Hence it is of little value in determining what the Second American Civil War will look like.

Captdon
02-27-2019, 03:12 PM

They thought cotton was king too. They thought a lot of things that weren't true. It is true and relevant. It was civil war in one country, not a war between two nations.

I usually snicker at Southerners when they start this crap. I won't put of simple respect for you. You're still wrong.

MMC
02-27-2019, 03:13 PM
Sure, big differences in beliefs. But not to go to war over. We had lone wolf assassinations of abortion providers, but no civil war.

Now, if the blacks had enuf control of the USA and decided to do like Africa did with the white farmers, then maybe. Africa didn't have a civil war when a small # of whites were in control. And now that the blacks are in control (and the latest news was the blacks want to use the whites for domestics) still no civil war.

I think race will continue to be a problem. Just too much hatred and it keeps growing.

If the Democrats do not change up their ways and means.(which they wont) They will incite their Cult Following to do something stupid. All it takes is a major incident. Already they have Antifa out attacking those on the Right. Then they have Universities stopping Free Speech by those on the Right and attacking people from the Right on campus.

They have threatened violence to Prevent a Presidential Candidate from holding a Campaign Event in a Major city. Stopped it from happening. Demo Politicians have called the Repubs the enemy. Equated them to Iranians and now Russians.

Those I have mentioned would just tie their issues into whatever causes the Civil War to take place. Either way it will go back to the political.

Here was a movie that came out in 2017 called Bushwick. It gives an Idea on how a Civil War breaks out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGIrOxM9Vbk

PLOT: When a Texas military force invades their Brooklyn neighborhood, 20-year-old Lucy and war veteran Stupe must depend on each other to survive.

In this movie.....Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Arkansas, Alabama, and a Couple of other States. All move out on major cities in the North. This movie was about Texas hitting Bushwick and other parts of NY.

Captdon
02-27-2019, 03:13 PM

This may be how a civil war would be done here.

Captdon
02-27-2019, 03:17 PM

The CSA had a joke navy.

MisterVeritis
02-27-2019, 03:28 PM
They thought cotton was king too. They thought a lot of things that weren't true. It is true and relevant. It was civil war in one country, not a war between two nations.

I usually snicker at Southerners when they start this crap. I won't put of simple respect for you. You're still wrong.
Snicker if you want. It is true nonetheless.

slackercruster
02-27-2019, 03:28 PM
Despite your complaints, the Confederacy was a country and fought as a country. Hence it is of little value in determining what the Second American Civil War will look like.

Country or not, they did the best they could with what they got.

MisterVeritis
02-27-2019, 03:29 PM
The CSA had a joke navy.
And yet still a navy. And they had an army. And a functioning government.

MisterVeritis
02-27-2019, 03:30 PM
Country or not, they did the best they could with what they got.
My point is a simple one. The first American Civil war was fought as a conventional war between the two countries. The Second will not be.

slackercruster
02-27-2019, 03:32 PM
C'mon MMC. Texas is almost lost.

25% of the kids in TX have illegals for parents.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=deportation%20teoli

Cletus
02-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Here was a movie that came out in 2017 called Bushwick. It gives an Idea on how a Civil War breaks out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGIrOxM9Vbk

PLOT: When a Texas military force invades their Brooklyn neighborhood, 20-year-old Lucy and war veteran Stupe must depend on each other to survive.

In this movie.....Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Arkansas, Alabama, and a Couple of other States. All move out on major cities in the North. This movie was about Texas hitting Bushwick and other parts of NY.

His grip sucks.

Captdon
02-27-2019, 04:42 PM

I have no complaint. You are wrong. You are allowed to be wrong.

MisterVeritis
02-27-2019, 05:29 PM
...the Confederacy was a country and fought as a country. Hence it is of little value in determining what the Second American Civil War will look like.

I have no complaint. You are wrong. You are allowed to be wrong.
While I may be allowed to be wrong I seldom am. And not this time.

You too are allowed to be wrong. Please don't feel the need to be wrong in this case. It is unnecessary. Sve your errors for important topics.

MMC
02-27-2019, 05:36 PM
His grip sucks.

Well afterall…..he is just an actor. But at least thru the movie he didn't try to shoot anyone holding it sideways. :laugh:

MMC
02-27-2019, 05:43 PM
C'mon MMC. Texas is almost lost.

25% of the kids in TX have illegals for parents.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=deportation%20teoli

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...er-conservatives-in-only-6-states-down-from-9 (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/gallup-liberals-outnumber-conservatives-in-only-6-states-down-from-9)

That leaves a whole nother 75%. Doesn't it?

Peter1469
02-27-2019, 06:19 PM
His grip sucks.
Look at his trigger finger too. :shocked:

slackercruster
02-27-2019, 06:21 PM
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...er-conservatives-in-only-6-states-down-from-9 (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/gallup-liberals-outnumber-conservatives-in-only-6-states-down-from-9)

That leaves a whole nother 75%. Doesn't it?

Does not mean a thing. The issue is not who has 51%. You will always have defectors. The issue is, who is solid red and can guarantee rep control in that state and a vote for a rep in DC from cycle to cycle.

Cletus
02-27-2019, 06:26 PM
Pelosi and the current majority in the House are going to be the best assets the Republicans have ever had. They are going to put the Democrats out of power for at least a generation.

Lummy
03-02-2019, 11:16 AM
His grip sucks.

Well afterall…..he is just an actor. But at least thru the movie he didn't try to shoot anyone holding it sideways. :laugh:

Look at his trigger finger too. :shocked:

I know it's a bad movie when I start looking for errors because one of them stole my attention from the flick. These have become my favorite flicks to review, which is why I've basically stopped watching movies.

Nowhere Man
03-02-2019, 07:10 PM
One big, no, HUGE problem with this simile...... The Blacks in South Africa made up 70%+ of the population, the Blacks in the US, being generous, only make up 14%.....

I mean 14% of the population and they commit half the violent crime? and then they whine about being in the prisons in over proportion to whites? I mean what are we to do? All white people should have their jail ticket punched just because the blacks want equal/proportional representation in jails/prisons?

How many people are willing to serve a prison sentence to to resolve the racist incarceration representation problem? We can't stop them from committing crimes can we........
You look at media today and it seems like there are a lot more blacks than there actually is. That is because of political actions giving them privileges way beyond their actual role in this society.

That's what you get for being the poster boys for racism in America.... (and is why the Democrats are desperately trying to import as many Latin illegals into the country and forming them as a coalition of racists against anyone that refuses their political mantra/ideology)

They (democrats) always promise them everything under the sun but actually give them nothing..... Like LBJ in '64, the plantation racist masters are alive and well in this nation, and they adhere to the democrat platform....

MisterVeritis
03-02-2019, 07:24 PM
One big, no, HUGE problem with this simile...... The Blacks in South Africa made up 70%+ of the population, the Blacks in the US, being generous, only make up 14%.....

I mean 14% of the population and they commit half the violent crime? and then they whine about being in the prisons in over proportion to whites? I mean what are we to do? All white people should have their jail ticket punched just because the blacks want equal/proportional representation in jails/prisons?

How many people are willing to serve a prison sentence to to resolve the racist incarceration representation problem? We can't stop them from committing crimes can we........
You look at media today and it seems like there are a lot more blacks than there actually is. That is because of political actions giving them privileges way beyond their actual role in this society.

That's what you get for being the poster boys for racism in America.... (and is why the Democrats are desperately trying to import as many Latin illegals into the country and forming them as a coalition of racists against anyone that refuses their political mantra/ideology)

They (democrats) always promise them everything under the sun but actually give them nothing..... Like LBJ in '64, the plantation racist masters are alive and well in this nation, and they adhere to the democrat platform....
End all federal welfare programs. The problems will solve themselves.

Captdon
03-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Snicker if you want. It is true nonetheless.

To be fair, I snicker at all CSA believers. A little humor about the South always amuses me.

Captdon
03-02-2019, 08:34 PM
And yet still a navy. And they had an army. And a functioning government.

A functioning government? The only law and order was where they had troops. The rest of the south was ruled by deserters and outlaws. How did you miss that part?

Captdon
03-02-2019, 08:37 PM
My point is a simple one. The first American Civil war was fought as a conventional war between the two countries. The Second will not be.

You basic assumption is wrong but the second part was probably correct that it will be fought my rebels. It may not be a fight at all. It might be refusal to obey federal laws.

Safety
03-02-2019, 09:03 PM
LoL, man it must have sucked when Stormfront shut down...

Peter1469
03-02-2019, 09:32 PM

Did they have a real website or was it one of those old RSS feeds?

Chris
03-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Did they have a real website or was it one of those old RSS feeds?

THeir own server/site, but their domain name was revoked. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/08/29/worlds-oldest-neo-nazi-website-stormfront-shut/

MisterVeritis
03-02-2019, 10:58 PM
To be fair, I snicker at all CSA believers. A little humor about the South always amuses me.
What does that have to do with this?

MisterVeritis
03-02-2019, 10:59 PM
A functioning government? The only law and order was where they had troops. The rest of the south was ruled by deserters and outlaws. How did you miss that part?
Yes. A functioning government. Don't be stupid. It is beneath you.

MisterVeritis
03-02-2019, 11:01 PM

You basic assumption is wrong but the second part was probably correct that it will be fought my rebels. It may not be a fight at all. It might be refusal to obey federal laws.
Of course, it is not wrong. The South fought as a country. There will be a long, very bloody, cruel fight.

MisterVeritis
03-02-2019, 11:01 PM
Did you go there often? You have my sympathy.