PDA

View Full Version : Would the military save us from the extreme left??

slackercruster
02-27-2019, 07:38 PM
From another forum......

I suspect at some point the military will step in and form a temporary dictatorship as they round up the communist revolutionaries and crush the left. If the military is fractured, that’s another story, but I believe most of our service men and women are patriots who would stand up for America and the Constitution. If not, it will be a long and bloody civil war. God help us if that happens.

I say it is a pipe dream.

Peter1469
02-27-2019, 08:01 PM
Never happen.

The Xl
02-27-2019, 08:45 PM
The hard right is just as likely collapse the country as the hard left is. The notion that the left is this evil movement and the right is squeaky clean is absurd. Both represent a unique but equally as dangerous evil.

gamewell45
02-27-2019, 10:16 PM
Never happen. You'll never get the millennial's to put down their play stations long enough to pick up a gun and fight lol

slackercruster
02-28-2019, 12:05 PM
The hard right is just as likely collapse the country as the hard left is. The notion that the left is this evil movement and the right is squeaky clean is absurd. Both represent a unique but equally as dangerous evil.

Reps may cause a collapse by being sticks in the mud and not offering any change from the status quo. But reps are happy to be left alone.

Dems / progressives demand change and while you are at it...turn in your guns. Totally different picture with dems and their policy of forced change.

Safety
02-28-2019, 12:23 PM
Officers give orders and lead, the ones actually having to engage the hostiles are enlisted. The majority of enlisted are not conservative. Let that sink in.

Peter1469
02-28-2019, 01:53 PM
Officers give orders and lead, the ones actually having to engage the hostiles are enlisted. The majority of enlisted are not conservative. Let that sink in.

When I was enlisted they were. Although I know that has changed over the years. Millennials....

Captdon
02-28-2019, 09:40 PM

The National Military will not fight at all. This isn't 1861. The NG might or no./ If they do it will be for the state right or left.

You don't have any way of knowing what the enlisted men and women are.

Cthulhu
03-01-2019, 06:07 AM
Officers give orders and lead, the ones actually having to engage the hostiles are enlisted. The majority of enlisted are not conservative. Let that sink in.They may have been when they enlisted. But I don't think they will become card casting Republicans either.

But time in service does a lot of mind changing. Those who are in have a way of sculpting younger minds and hearts - and it mostly works. Those that can't adapt typically struggle or get drummed out after too much struggle.

Personally I think the military both young and old is tired of politics and social experimentation in their ranks.

Take this nugget for instance - Ron Paul had the highest (trackable) donations for campaign funding. Bernie Sanders was second.

Two radically different ideologies but they had a few things in common. But this idea that the military is going to play for X team?

I'm not sure. Perhaps there will be fractures in the military along those issues. I think if the fecies strikes the ventilator the military will start something new and snuff out problems along the way.

What is that something new? I don't know. What I do know is that it won't cater to the insanity of the left wing, nor the warmongering of the right. They have put up with that for 30 years. I think they've had their fill.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Peter1469
03-01-2019, 05:18 PM
The National Military will not fight at all. This isn't 1861. The NG might or no./ If they do it will be for the state right or left.

Rumor is that SOCOM would.

Lummy
03-01-2019, 06:50 PM

I don't believe there is one bit of loyalty to any state or states. People are too mobile and too networked up nationally and internationally. They just move around too much to call anyplace home.