PDA

View Full Version : So Now we're going to "talk to Iran"

Deadwood
02-02-2013, 02:24 PM
(Reuters) - The United States is ready to hold direct talks with Iran (http://www.reuters.com/places/iran) if it is serious about negotiations, Vice President Joe Biden said on Saturday, backing bilateral contacts that many see as crucial to easing an international dispute over Tehran's nuclear program.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/02/us-iran-nuclear-idUSBRE91107720130202

God help us all ...Biden will get shit faced

Captain Obvious
02-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Iran will build a nuclear bomb within the next 1-2 years.

Period.

Peter1469
02-02-2013, 07:30 PM
They are trying. The questions are still out: are they capable; and will the various covert ops meant to thwart them work.

Chloe
02-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Out of curiosity say Iran builds a nuclear bomb, does anybody really think they'd ever actually use it? Logically a person in such power like running a country wouldn't risk his power by destroying the world he controls.

Chloe
02-02-2013, 07:34 PM
and not to throw this out there just to get people upset, but perhaps if the US and other world powers started reducing their nuclear stockpiles then perhaps other countries wouldn't feel the need to have those weapons. I know it won't happen, but I think it's funny how we lecture others about nuclear weapons when we have thousands of them ourselves.

roadmaster
02-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Iran will build a nuclear bomb within the next 1-2 years.

Period.
Yea but of course a leader that says he want's to wipe Israel off the map wouldn't use it.:rollseyes:

Chloe
02-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Yea but of course a leader that says he want's to wipe Israel off the map wouldn't use it.:rollseyes:

Not if he wants to continue living the life that he has and having the power that he has he won't. Even the most powerful religious leaders in that country as much as they talk about destroying things they probably enjoy their lifestyles and status far more than their desire to actually follow through with their threats and ramblings in my opinion.

Mainecoons
02-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Of course not.

Just what do these Obamafools think they can say to Iran to make them give up the bomb? Print more money and give it to them while they claim they gave it up while they go right on making it?

Sooner than we think, they'll have it and they'll use it on Israel. Let's face it, one or two nukes can wipe the entire country out. It really is tiny.

roadmaster
02-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Not if he wants to continue living the life that he has and having the power that he has he won't. Even the most powerful religious leaders in that country as much as they talk about destroying things they probably enjoy their lifestyles and status far more than their desire to actually follow through with their threats and ramblings in my opinion.
Yes and everyone thinks the way you do.

Adelaide
02-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Out of curiosity say Iran builds a nuclear bomb, does anybody really think they'd ever actually use it? Logically a person in such power like running a country wouldn't risk his power by destroying the world he controls.

With Mr. Ahmanutjob in any position of power, and similar extremists like him within the leadership, there is a reason to fear an Iran with nuclear capabilities. Also, I've read numberous articles that explain that there is a power struggle going on within the Iranian leadership (political and particularly within the religious aspect of government), meaning that there is a lack of stability within the government and for the nation of Iran. If a nation is going to have nuclear weapons, they should at least be stable... which is a good argument as to why Pakistan shouldn't have any either.

roadmaster
Of course not.

Just what do these Obamafools think they can say to Iran to make them give up the bomb? Print more money and give it to them while they claim they gave it up while they go right on making it?

Sooner than we think, they'll have it and they'll use it on Israel. Let's face it, one or two nukes can wipe the entire country out. It really is tiny.

Some people live in their own little worlds. They will use it.

countryboy

So we should simply ignore their threats?

Adelaide
02-02-2013, 07:49 PM

I don't think Chloe thinks that everyone thinks or believes the same things as her...?

roadmaster
02-02-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't think Chloe thinks that everyone thinks or believes the same things as her...?

And you think I care what you think?

Chloe
02-02-2013, 07:51 PM

I said it was my opinion, I didn't say everybody thinks it.

Chloe
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM

Well no of course not. I just meant that with most people with that kind of power it's logical to think that they want to keep it. Using a nuclear bomb on Israel would pretty much end it.

roadmaster
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM

Yes we should. You know a person that will strap a bomb to themselves just to kill others really don't expect to die too.

Captain Obvious
02-02-2013, 07:59 PM

Maybe, maybe not - but having a nuke puts you in a pretty good bargaining position in the global community.

Peter1469
02-02-2013, 08:02 PM

Iran is ruled by radical Shiites. They believe that human action can bring Armageddon on - to them the return of the 12th Imam. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Mahdi

The leadership has said publicly that they would sacrifice the people of Iran to bring on their view of Armageddon- which would end Israel.

The question is whether the Iranian government is a rational actor. I don't think that they are.

Adelaide
02-02-2013, 08:05 PM
And you think I care what you think?

What is your problem?

Chloe
02-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Iran is ruled by radical Shiites. They believe that human action can bring Armageddon on - to them the return of the 12th Imam. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Mahdi

The leadership has said publicly that they would sacrifice the people of Iran to bring on their view of Armageddon- which would end Israel.

The question is whether the Iranian government is a rational actor. I don't think that they are.

Fair enough. I can't really counter the first part, but I do think that the top leadership is more rational than perhaps a lot of their followers are.

roadmaster
02-02-2013, 08:21 PM
What is your problem?

Not sure I am laughing, what are you doing?

Peter1469
02-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Fair enough. I can't really counter the first part, but I do think that the top leadership is more rational than perhaps a lot of their followers are.

I think that most of the people are very rational and want to be westernized. At least in the urban centers. The leaders- I don't know. Another poster mentioned a split- that may be part of it- some are apocalyptic and some aren't.

Adelaide
02-03-2013, 01:10 AM

Agreed... I do not believe the leadership is rational. Then again, when you give that much power to religion in a political system, there is bound to be a divide between rational thought/action and not so rational thought/action.

Peter1469
02-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Agreed... I do not believe the leadership is rational. Then again, when you give that much power to religion in a political system, there is bound to be a divide between rational thought/action and not so rational thought/action.

But then the Sunnis don't believe that man can accelerate Armageddon.

zelmo1234
02-03-2013, 05:26 AM

Yes they will use it against Israel. Most likely with in the first year that they have it.

The problem is you are approaching this from a rational stand point.

Appeasement is about to show it's ulgy head again

zelmo1234
02-03-2013, 05:31 AM

See this is what we in the west do not understand. It is not about living and power, but the will of Allah. So if the rest of the world destroys them, but they are able to kill millions of Jews. They are willing to make that trade.

Mainecoons
02-03-2013, 08:33 AM
The leaders are and the Muslim sheeple who passively support Shariah just go along. The fact is that the vast majority of Islam are so uneducated and brainwashed with their religion that they actually believe the extremists.

"Moderate" Islam are the small minority. The best thing that can be done with the Muslim world is to get out of their space and confine them to it. The worst thing is to continue to let them immigrate in large numbers to our countries. That is simply spreading this warrior religion and building a fifth column.