PDA

View Full Version : Doctors forced to give medical records to government

ptif219
02-02-2013, 10:49 PM
It now appears your medical records are no longer confidential. This proves that Obama and the NHS are abusing their power. So much for your right to privacy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2272166/Big-brother-log-drinking-habits-waist-size.html#axzz2JhXYhdJ3

GPs are to be forced to hand over confidential records on all their patients’ drinking habits, waist sizes and illnesses.
The files will be stored in a giant information bank that privacy campaigners say represents the ‘biggest data grab in NHS history’.
They warned the move would end patient confidentiality and hand personal information to third parties.

Captain Obvious
02-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Show me links from credible sources and I'll react accordingly.

ptif219
02-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Show me links from credible sources and I'll react accordingly.

I was mistaken this is in England. Any government doing this is wrong. Prove the source wrong. it quotes sources

Captain Obvious
02-02-2013, 11:33 PM
England huh...

I didn't see any linked sources there. It's your thread, your job to quote sources that sell the point, not mine.

I'm poised to react to this if it's accurate, I just highly question the accuracy of this story at this point and am hesitating because I'm not sure the source is credible.

ptif219
02-03-2013, 01:22 AM
England huh...

I didn't see any linked sources there. It's your thread, your job to quote sources that sell the point, not mine.

I'm poised to react to this if it's accurate, I just highly question the accuracy of this story at this point and am hesitating because I'm not sure the source is credible.

I showed a news source. you have nothing to show it is false so it stands with it's sources

Captain Obvious
02-03-2013, 01:25 AM
I showed a news source. you have nothing to show it is false so it stands with it's sources

Gotcha.

If it's on the internet, it must be true.

GrassrootsConservative
02-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Gotcha.

Only if you can't prove it wrong.

Adelaide
02-03-2013, 01:48 AM
It's likely true to some extent. In Canada, we have very strict privacy laws relating to our health information, but specific ministries within the government do get information necessary for calculating statistics and for health initiatives.

roadmaster
02-03-2013, 01:51 AM
I was mistaken this is in England. Any government doing this is wrong. Prove the source wrong. it quotes sources
Yes it does and more are reporting on this. Patients will not be allowed to opt out of this system.

ptif219
02-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Gotcha.

You must not be able to prove it false you now you troll

Captain Obvious
02-03-2013, 04:23 PM
You must not be able to prove it false you now you troll

Name calling... weak.

I have no desire to prove it false. If I tried to prove everything that is wrong as false, that's all I'd be doing.

Being a practical and intelligent person, I consider the source. I don't consider this a reliable source at first blush nor could I find any links to credible sources in the piece.

If this is true, it's a topic that I would be highly interested in, but I'm having a hard time jumping into this one because of it's questionable nature.

That's all, no need to get your gutchies in a bunch.

Ivan88
02-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Finger boy is a certified party line guy. Guys like Colin Powell and other pary line types couldn't find the truth if their lives depended on it.
1426What happens when you can't afford "free" medical care, or they decide you are really armed.

ptif219
02-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Name calling... weak.

I have no desire to prove it false. If I tried to prove everything that is wrong as false, that's all I'd be doing.

Being a practical and intelligent person, I consider the source. I don't consider this a reliable source at first blush nor could I find any links to credible sources in the piece.

If this is true, it's a topic that I would be highly interested in, but I'm having a hard time jumping into this one because of it's questionable nature.

That's all, no need to get your gutchies in a bunch.

So are are admitting you are trolling and have nothing of substance to add to the thread

Peter1469
02-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey everyone, what about docs providing your medical info to insurance companies or the government? Will that lead to targeted insurance rates? Even more than they are now?

:grin:

Captain Obvious
02-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Hey everyone, what about docs providing your medical info to insurance companies or the government? Will that lead to targeted insurance rates? Even more than they are now?

:grin:

Yeah, that was the connection I was trying to make.

I read the piece and it came off as hack journalism IMO but I was curious to see if there was any truth - or what the truth was so I dug around a but. Checked out the website they named and it looked like some voting improvement organization. Didn't see anything useful there.

There is also the electronic health records initiative where everyone's health records will be stored in data hubs and virtually available to any provider needing it. And I'm trying to find the connection between these hubs and the gubmint - that would be an issue worth knowing more about.

Then I decided I was spending too much time on the issue. If it's a real issue, mainstream will pick it up at some point.

Peter1469
02-03-2013, 08:26 PM

I read the piece and it came off as hack journalism IMO but I was curious to see if there was any truth - or what the truth was so I dug around a but. Checked out the website they named and it looked like some voting improvement organization. Didn't see anything useful there.

There is also the electronic health records initiative where everyone's health records will be stored in data hubs and virtually available to any provider needing it. And I'm trying to find the connection between these hubs and the gubmint - that would be an issue worth knowing more about.

Then I decided I was spending too much time on the issue. If it's a real issue, mainstream will pick it up at some point.

It started in Britain.

Captain Obvious
02-03-2013, 08:30 PM
I want to see the connections.

CMS via quality initiatives already receives gobs of healthcare data and the EHR system will make this information virtually accessible to those that fall into HIPAA guidelines.

What I'm overly disappointed is this story, which is a hack-and-slash write-up clearly, doesn't address these issues. The piece seems intent on just stirring up faux outrage and slamming... whoever, the government I guess.

ptif219
02-03-2013, 11:10 PM

If it is about Obama the main stream liberal press will protect Obama like they have with Fast and furious and Bengazi

ptif219
02-03-2013, 11:20 PM
I want to see the connections.

CMS via quality initiatives already receives gobs of healthcare data and the EHR system will make this information virtually accessible to those that fall into HIPAA guidelines.

What I'm overly disappointed is this story, which is a hack-and-slash write-up clearly, doesn't address these issues. The piece seems intent on just stirring up faux outrage and slamming... whoever, the government I guess.

Obamacare also takes your medical records

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obamacare-rule-gives-government-everyones-medical-records/article/118652

he HHS has proposed the federal government pursue one of three paths to obtain this sensitive information: a "centralized approach" in which insurers' data go directly to Washington; an "intermediate state-level approach" in which insurers give the information to the 50 states; or a "distributed approach" in which health insurance companies crunch the numbers according to federal bureaucrat edict. It's par for the course with the federal government, but abstract terms are used to distract from the real objectives of this idea: no matter which "option" is chosen, government bureaucrats would have access to the health records of every American -- including you.
There are major problems with any one of these three "options." First is the obvious breach of patient confidentiality. The federal government does not exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to managing private information about its citizens.