PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fever

Just AnotherPerson
03-19-2019, 06:19 PM
So tomorrow is the spring equinox, spring will be official by tomorrow. I don't know about you guys but I am really feeling the spring fever. I know some of you garden. I have the urge to plant a garden but really cant plant one on my property. I used to have an awesome garden in my last house. But now I live on two acres in the woods. I really love trees so I don't want to cut any down. But I really would like a garden. Even if I could plant one the deer would probably eat it.

The chorus of frogs are out in force, at night it really starts up. I love that. It just feels like spring is in full bloom. The trees are getting buds on them. I don't know what your guys weather is like where you are. But spring is on its way. For me it is already here.

So I am wondering your status on spring fever and if you are planning your gardens? :)

DGUtley
03-19-2019, 06:23 PM
I am also. Golf starts in 4 weeks tomorrow. Indians start soon. Ohio State spring game!! We are getting there.

jimmyz
03-19-2019, 06:34 PM
We have two seasons here in Arizona. Less hot and really hot. But then again I can wear shorts in January and we have a mountain home in the White Mountains at 7000 feet when its 114 degrees down here in Phoenix THANK GOD!!!

jimmyz
03-19-2019, 06:36 PM
BTW... this thread did not deliver with the OP running around humping everything in sight like the title "Spring fever" might suggest.

Just AnotherPerson
03-19-2019, 06:40 PM
We have two seasons here in Arizona. Less hot and really hot. But then again I can wear shorts in January and we have a mountain home in the White Mountains at 7000 feet when its 114 degrees down here in Phoenix THANK GOD!!!
That is awesome. I lived in Mesa Arizona, I really did love it there. But it was too hot in the summer for sure! But the winter was the spring season. I loved that I could garden darn near year round. I used to grow some amazing gardens there. I am glad that you have a summer home in the mountains that will help a lot. I remember hiking the superstition mountains in April and it was already blistering hot out. I got a sunburn I will never forget. So I think spring in Arizona is winter. Then comes three months or so of "hell hot" weather.

jimmyz
03-19-2019, 06:47 PM
That is awesome. I lived in Mesa Arizona, I really did love it there. But it was too hot in the summer for sure! But the winter was the spring season. I loved that I could garden darn near year round. I used to grow some amazing gardens there. I am glad that you have a summer home in the mountains that will help a lot. I remember hiking the superstition mountains in April and it was already blistering hot out. I got a sunburn I will never forget. So I think spring in Arizona is winter. Then comes three months or so of "hell hot" weather.

Amen

hanger4
03-19-2019, 07:02 PM
I cut, split and deliver 6 cords of unseasoned firewood this time of year. 2 for me, 2 for a lady that pays well and 2 for an older couple that pays in some of the best cakes and pies (apple from their trees) one can eat.

Lummy
03-19-2019, 07:52 PM
When do the deserts bloom and how long does it last?

Chris
03-19-2019, 08:30 PM
Spring fever to me means allergens in the air.

The Bluebonnets are coming out.

jimmyz
03-19-2019, 11:09 PM
When do the deserts bloom and how long does it last?

Im in the city but with all the rain we have had this winter I bet that now is the time. We have this two lane road to canyon lake and 15 or so years ago the flower watcher would pull to the side of the road making that drive an interesting experience.

Just AnotherPerson
03-20-2019, 06:45 PM
Spring fever to me means allergens in the air.

The Bluebonnets are coming out.

I know what you mean. I have severe allergies. But I love spring anyways.

Just AnotherPerson
03-20-2019, 06:49 PM
Today I went and bought tons of flower seeds. I am looking forward to linning my driveway with wildflowers. My favorite flower of all is the Shasta Daisy. Those already grow here, but I am adding some color. I havent had much luck planting wildflowers from seed before but am ready to give it a go again. If anyone knows any tricks to planting the seeds directly in the dirt, I would love to hear it.

jimmyz
03-20-2019, 07:18 PM
Today I went and bought tons of flower seeds. I am looking forward to linning my driveway with wildflowers. My favorite flower of all is the Shasta Daisy. Those already grow here, but I am adding some color. I havent had much luck planting wildflowers from seed before but am ready to give it a go again. If anyone knows any tricks to planting the seeds directly in the dirt, I would love to hear it.

If I were into flowers I'd buy the potted live plants before I dug a hole. Too lazy to pray for seeds to sprout and I'd probably be looking at the dirt wondering and waiting fof results.

Now you know why I have an artificial turf lawn in the backyard.

donttread
04-01-2019, 07:45 PM

I haven't even ordered my garden seeds yet. I've got to get going.

MisterVeritis
04-01-2019, 08:23 PM
One year I spent the entire day planting more than 500 flowering plants. I planted them all around my house at the edge of the woods.

The chipmunks and squirrels at very well that year.

Abby08
04-01-2019, 10:17 PM
I'm putting in 12 large trees, a lawn area and, the rest will be decorative gravel and, desert plants.. I love flowering cactus so, I'm putting in a cactus garden.

The only way I've ever planted wildflowers was, not really, planting, I just scattered the seeds in the areas I wanted.... that's how I was advised, by the guy at the nursery..... what didn't blow away, got eaten by birds.

donttread
04-28-2019, 01:37 PM
I am also. Golf starts in 4 weeks tomorrow. Indians start soon. Ohio State spring game!! We are getting there.

We golfed in Florida in march and haven't had a chance since. Has your league begun? I suffer the golf affliction as well and my wife is infected even moreso. Golf is game where you can play well, win and STILL be unhappy with 16/18 holes. LOL. One of the most common quotes in the game following a great round is "but it could of been better if ______ had happened on hole 8!
Our spring fever is getting worse, not better right now!

donttread
04-28-2019, 01:39 PM
BTW... this thread did not deliver with the OP running around humping everything in sight like the title "Spring fever" might suggest.

What the hell kind of spring fever dp you get where you live? LOL

donttread
04-28-2019, 01:42 PM
I cut, split and deliver 6 cords of unseasoned firewood this time of year. 2 for me, 2 for a lady that pays well and 2 for an older couple that pays in some of the best cakes and pies (apple from their trees) one can eat.

How many pies does a face cord cost? LOL Good on you for the good deed.

hanger4
04-28-2019, 02:16 PM
How many pies does a face cord cost? LOL Good on you for the good deed.Well actually I'm at this couples house at least once a month doing something. The lady of the house is always baking and I'm always bringing something home.