PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schiff: Mueller should have interviewed Trump in probe

Common
03-24-2019, 01:37 PM
lol fun stuff, after two years of sniffing Muellers hindquarters and drooling over his name in conjunction with COLLUSION INVESTIGATION, the hallowed one is now a target for the Left for criticism

Rep. Adam Schiff, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said special counsel Robert Mueller erred when he didn’t interview President Trump about possible collusion during the 2016 election.

“I’ve said this all along: It was a mistake to rely on written responses by the president,” the California Democrat told ABC’s “This Week,” (https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-24-19-rep-adam-schiff-jim/story?id=61906028) because the written answers are “generally more what the lawyer has to say than what the individual has to say.”

“I can certainly understand why the lawyers like Giuliani were fighting this because the president is someone who seems pathologically incapable of telling the truth for long periods of time,” Schiff said, referring to Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

“But, nonetheless, if you really do want the truth, you need to put people under oath, and that should have been done,” Schiff said.

He also suggested that Mueller may not have pursued the interview because of longstanding Justice Department policy that a sitting president cannot be indicted.

“The special counsel may have made the decision that, as he could not indict a sitting president on the obstruction issue, as it would draw out his investigation, that that didn’t make sense,” Schiff said.

But he also said the Justice Department’s revelation that Mueller won’t recommend additional indictments (https://nypost.com/2019/03/22/mueller-not-recommending-any-more-indictments-in-russia-probe/) as part of his investigation, doesn’t mean that Trump is in the clear.

“There’s a difference between compelling evidence of collusion and whether the special counsel concludes that he can prove beyond a reasonable doubt the criminal charge of conspiracy,” Schiff said. “I leave that decision to Bob Mueller, and I have full confidence in him.”

https://nypost.com/2019/03/24/adam-schiff-mueller-should-have-interviewed-trump-in-probe/

nathanbforrest45
03-24-2019, 03:10 PM
Personally, I don't understand why Congress didn't just put Trump and his entire administration and anyone who has ever been to his home for any reason against a wall and just shoot them. We all know Trump is guilty of any and all crimes past, present and future Congress may want to charge him with. Who does Trump think he is anyway being innocent of whatever crimes Congress thought about over this last two years.

Tahuyaman
03-24-2019, 03:14 PM
Adam Schiff’s world just crumbled. He’s trying to figure out a way to deal with it.

Tahuyaman
03-24-2019, 06:06 PM
Schiff wants the entire report given to the congress so he can leak cherry picked sections to the press.

Tahuyaman
03-24-2019, 07:20 PM
Schiff should be the subject of an investigation for making up fictitious BS and leaking it to the media. He’s more than a hack.