PDA

View Full Version : Dems Turn Against Andrew Jackson

Taxcutter
02-04-2013, 09:20 AM
This is puzzling because he advocated a wholesale democratization of the previously republic. He was a champion of the common man because he was a common man made good by his own effoerts.
http://triblive.com/opinion/salena/3406306-74/jackson-nichols-america#axzz2Jqc45Yh2
quote:
“Jackson is now commonly regarded as our 13th or 14th greatest president, right about where experts place James Polk and Bill Clinton.”

Taxcutter says:
Polk is also highly under-rated.

Quote:
“Jackson was a son of Scots-Irish immigrant parents…”

Taxcutter says:
That might be part of the reason he is downgraded today. Wrong pedigree.

Quote:
“He preferred to allow state governments to handle many public affairs, rather than expanding the size and scope of the federal government.”

Taxcutter says:
Values anathema to today’s progressives.

JackRuby
02-04-2013, 05:13 PM
This is puzzling because he advocated a wholesale democratization of the previously republic. He was a champion of the common man because he was a common man made good by his own effoerts.
http://triblive.com/opinion/salena/3406306-74/jackson-nichols-america#axzz2Jqc45Yh2
quote:
“Jackson is now commonly regarded as our 13th or 14th greatest president, right about where experts place James Polk and Bill Clinton.”

Taxcutter says:
Polk is also highly under-rated.

Quote:
“Jackson was a son of Scots-Irish immigrant parents…”

Taxcutter says:
That might be part of the reason he is downgraded today. Wrong pedigree.

Quote:
“He preferred to allow state governments to handle many public affairs, rather than expanding the size and scope of the federal government.”

Taxcutter says:
Values anathema to today’s progressives.

Yea but didn't Jackson start the national bank? I'll have to look it up as it's been years since I've studied Jacksonian Era politics.

Jacksonian Challenged Jack

Ivan88
02-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Jackson set the precedent for Lincoln's attack on the Supreme Court.

The US Supreme Court said the Cherokees were entitled to their lands.

Jackson violently overthrew the Supreme Court decision and stole the Cherokee lands for his buddies.

Lincoln forcibly overthrew the Supreme Court during his Communist Revolution of 1860 -1865 when he used force to stop Supreme Court Writs of Habeas Corpus for many people he was having tortured in his prisons.

Yeh, I know, You never heard such a thing on our nice Communist TV & school system, so it couldn't possibly be true.

JackRuby
02-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Jackson set the precedent for Lincoln's attack on the Supreme Court.

The US Supreme Court said the Cherokees were entitled to their lands.

Jackson violently overthrew the Supreme Court decision and stole the Cherokee lands for his buddies.

Lincoln forcibly overthrew the Supreme Court during his Communist Revolution of 1860 -1865 when he used force to stop Supreme Court Writs of Habeas Corpus for many people he was having tortured in his prisons.

Yeh, I know, You never heard such a thing on our nice Communist TV & school system, so it couldn't possibly be true.

No kidding? Got any historical proof of that? Not being a wiseguy, but I'm interested in all things Lincoln.

Jack