PDA

View Full Version : tPF Trump-Russia collusion did affect an American election — the one in 2018

DGUtley
03-26-2019, 06:32 AM
Trump-Russia collusion did affect an American election — the one in 2018. In all, more than 530,000 stories were written between May 2017 and this month about a Trump-Russia investigation that, ultimately, found no collusion. The earned media impact of that negative coverage likely would have cost billions of dollars if a Democratic candidate had tried to buy such coverage. But the news media provided it free of charge, fanned by the commentary of lawmakers and intelligence officials such as Brennan and former National Intelligence Director James Clapper, whose public comments contrasted with the secret intelligence. As the “Impeach Trump” machine raged with fuel provided by Democrats and an errant media, a funny thing happened: More than three dozen Republican incumbents in Congress announced they were retiring in 2018, leaving the GOP with a gaping hole in the House that Democrats exploited. Polls showed the impact of the Russia coverage on voters. About half of American voters declared they believed Trump or his aides had colluded with Russia, even though they hadn’t. It is the most compelling proof in a long time that false information repeated long enough becomes truth for many people.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/435700-trump-russia-collusion-did-affect-an-american-election-the-one-in-2018

Mini Me
03-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Riddle me this?

I just don't understand why everyone lied about their meetings with Russia?
If they weren't doing anything wrong, why lie?

MisterVeritis
03-26-2019, 01:20 PM
Trump-Russia collusion did affect an American election — the one in 2018. In all, more than 530,000 stories were written between May 2017 and this month about a Trump-Russia investigation that, ultimately, found no collusion. The earned media impact of that negative coverage likely would have cost billions of dollars if a Democratic candidate had tried to buy such coverage. But the news media provided it free of charge, fanned by the commentary of lawmakers and intelligence officials such as Brennan and former National Intelligence Director James Clapper, whose public comments contrasted with the secret intelligence. As the “Impeach Trump” machine raged with fuel provided by Democrats and an errant media, a funny thing happened: More than three dozen Republican incumbents in Congress announced they were retiring in 2018, leaving the GOP with a gaping hole in the House that Democrats exploited. Polls showed the impact of the Russia coverage on voters. About half of American voters declared they believed Trump or his aides had colluded with Russia, even though they hadn’t. It is the most compelling proof in a long time that false information repeated long enough becomes truth for many people.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/435700-trump-russia-collusion-did-affect-an-american-election-the-one-in-2018

Mueller did this. He knew from the beginning there was no collusion between the Russians and Trump. The collusion was between the Russians and Crooked Hillary.

Lock him up.

DGUtley
03-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Riddle me this? I just don't understand why everyone lied about their meetings with Russia? If they weren't doing anything wrong, why lie?
Who lied about any collusive related activities, or meetings related to the campaign? There was so much lying that went on in the press about meetings and crap that absolutely never took place. I have said many times on here that this will be seen as one of the most embarrassing times for American journalism. Look at the lists of what people said - the lists are out there. Could you have withstood the pressure? Few could have.

As near as I can tell, people were trapped into lies and were found to have lied to cover-up their own criminal activities. That is why you never speak to the authorities without counsel. I could sit you down, put you under oath and in six hours charge you with perjury based on your different answers to substantively the same questions - and I'm not even good at this. It is not that hard -- particularly when someone has nothing to hide and is trying to be cooperative.

Peter1469
03-26-2019, 05:28 PM
Riddle me this?

I just don't understand why everyone lied about their meetings with Russia?
If they weren't doing anything wrong, why lie?

Who lied about meeting with Russians?

Peter1469
03-26-2019, 05:29 PM
Who lied about any collusive related activities, or meetings related to the campaign? There was so much lying that went on in the press about meetings and crap that absolutely never took place. I have said many times on here that this will be seen as one of the most embarrassing times for American journalism. Look at the lists of what people said - the lists are out there. Could you have withstood the pressure? Few could have.

As near as I can tell, people were trapped into lies and were found to have lied to cover-up their own criminal activities. That is why you never speak to the authorities without counsel. I could sit you down, put you under oath and in six hours charge you with perjury based on your different answers to substantively the same questions - and I'm not even good at this. It is not that hard -- particularly when someone has nothing to hide and is trying to be cooperative.
My answer to repetitive questions is asked and answered.