PDA

View Full Version : Presley Passes Over

Carygrant
02-05-2013, 06:06 AM
The Troggs frontman Reg Presley has died after a long battle with cancer, friends of the singer have announced.
Keith Altham, a music publicist and friend of Presley, posted a tribute to the 71-year-old singer/songwriter on his Facebook page.
It said: "My dear old pal Reg Presley of The Troggs died today at 1.00, surrounded by family and friends at his home in Andover following a succession of recent strokes and a losing battle with cancer.
"He was one very real person in a sometimes very unreal world. Our thoughts are with his wife Brenda and the the family and those legion of fans who loved his music and his band. I will miss him hugely."
Presley was admitted to hospital in December 2011 after suffering a suspected stroke, which followed at least one previous stroke.
He announced he had lung cancer the following month and said he was retiring from music.
His most famous composition was Love Is All Around, which stayed at number one in the UK singles for 15 weeks in 1994 when it was covered by Wet Wet Wet.
The Troggs' best-known song, Wild Thing, was not written by Presley and was itself a cover version of the number penned by Chip Taylor. It reached No 1 in the US and No 2 in the UK.
Presley's daughter Karen confirmed the death of her father to music website WENN.
She said: "He passed away peacefully at home and myself, my brother and our mother were with him. We're absolutely heartbroken."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DVJE_bhVU

Have a very similar suit for special summer occasions . Hunky Chunky Dude .

oceanloverOH
02-05-2013, 07:41 AM
The Troggs were one of my favorite British-invasion groups as a teen. RIP, Reg.