PDA

View Full Version : Cory Booker goes nuclear.....

MMC
03-26-2019, 02:10 PM
In a break with his Democratic opponents and the leftists dominating the debate in the House, Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey is an unapologetic supporter of using nuclear energy to displace carbon fuels.

"If we want to move quickly toward a carbon-free future, nuclear has to be part of the equation," Booker told the Washington Examiner at a campaign stop in Columbia, South Carolina, over the weekend.

His pro-nuclear power stance runs contrary to other 2020 Democratic presidential candidates who are skeptical of nuclear energy. Sens. Kamala Harris of California, Bernie Sanders of Vermont, and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York voted against (https://morningconsult.com/2017/03/22/strange-bedfellows-senate-advance-nuclear-bill/) a bill in 2017 that aimed to help develop new nuclear reactors. It became law (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy/congress-passes-bipartisan-bill-to-boost-advanced-nuclear-energy) anyway in December 2018. …..snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cory-booker-goes-nuclear

Sparticus Booker has distinguished himself from the rest of Demos in the Clown Car. Imagine that. Booker is all in for Nuclear Energy. What say ye?

FindersKeepers
03-26-2019, 02:13 PM
He's absolutely correct.

Common
03-26-2019, 02:15 PM
55% of New Jerseys power comes from Nuclear Generation, 39% comes from natural gas and 6% from coal or oil.

New Jersey cant stop nuclear generation

MMC
03-26-2019, 02:31 PM
He's absolutely correct.

Of course then Booker will also be all in for that Carbon tax for everyone.

FindersKeepers
03-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Of course then Booker will also be all in for that Carbon tax for everyone.

Nuclear is far preferred over renewables, solar and wind. I'm not for the carbon tax, but nuclear could be worked in where fossil fuels are being reduced -- keeping workers working. Wind, on the other hand, is not cost effective and is intermittent, meaning it can't provide all the energy we need when the wind doesn't blow.

We need to keep coal, oil, and natural gas around until we have a reliable alternative, which will be many years from now. But, when it happens, I think it will be nuclear.

Common
03-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Nuclear is far preferred over renewables, solar and wind. I'm not for the carbon tax, but nuclear could be worked in where fossil fuels are being reduced -- keeping workers working. Wind, on the other hand, is not cost effective and is intermittent, meaning it can't provide all the energy we need when the wind doesn't blow.

We need to keep coal, oil, and natural gas around until we have a reliable alternative, which will be many years from now. But, when it happens, I think it will be nuclear.
They just closed two nuclear generating plants in florida and replaced them with natural gas, Im not sure why but I believe it was maintenance costs

Sergeant Gleed
03-26-2019, 03:25 PM
As soon as the stolen votes were counted showing the success of the Rodent plan to steal the next election, no matter which total ignoramus of a Rodent took the party's nomination, the puppet Rodent would follow orders and resume the mandated path of de-industrialization planned for future American serfs that was laid out in Carter's Economic Malaise speech of July, 1979.

Sergeant Gleed
03-26-2019, 03:27 PM
They just closed two nuclear generating plants in florida and replaced them with natural gas, Im not sure why but I believe it was maintenance costs
The de-industrialization green fascist and their lawyers are quietly destroying America.

stjames1_53
03-26-2019, 06:01 PM
What do we do with the waste water and expended fuel rods?

Sergeant Gleed
03-26-2019, 08:27 PM
I don't have any use for San Fransissyco. What about you?

In the reality, the waste water is filtered and de-ionized to capture the radioactives, the remaining water is possibly contaminated with D or tritium, and if it's not economically feasible to recover the heavy water, the stuff can be hauled out to sea and dumped miles off-shore. A million cubic miles of ocean has thousands of tons of tgat stuff, naturally occuring.

As for the spent fuel rods, again, the should be stripped of their valuable radioactives and the remainder disposed off.

Hate to tell the ignorami this, but the safest place to put such waste is in an environment that does not change, at all, for millions and millions of years. The abyss al plains are the IDEAL place to store undesirable radioactive wastes, and those plains come with literally MILES of the best shielding available.

MMC
03-27-2019, 08:54 AM

While I agree.....I wont be voting for a Democrat.

FindersKeepers
03-27-2019, 11:34 AM
While I agree.....I wont be voting for a Democrat.

Me neither!!!

Mini Me
03-27-2019, 11:40 AM

The wind doesn't blow, it SUCKS!

This is my witty zinger for the day!(humor)

MMC
03-27-2019, 11:48 AM
The wind doesn't blow, it SUCKS!

This is my witty zinger for the day!(humor)

Make sure you let the Demos in the clown car know that. As they are out running around talking about Wind Farms.

Tahuyaman
03-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Booker is right on the nuclear power issue. That’s proof that every once in a while, even a nit-wit can be right.

Captdon
03-27-2019, 06:35 PM

Start thinking of a way to get rid of that danger. We could shoot it into space cheaper than green energy.

MMC
03-28-2019, 07:38 AM

Meh use the Water to waterboard leftists. Then take the rods and stick them up their ass. In the case of Alexa. It will take 2. :laugh:

Peter1469
03-28-2019, 07:55 AM
Our nuke plants are old and need replacing with newer and safer tech.