PDA

View Full Version : Spring breakers turn tables on armed robber at Florida gas station

roadmaster
03-26-2019, 02:27 PM
FORT LAUDERDALE — A pair or robbers got much more trouble than they bargained for when they chose to rob four spring breakers before sunrise on March 24 at an Oakland Park gas station. The driver in this misbegotten scheme is now in custody, but the gunman is still at large. Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are releasing video of the dramatic armed robbery and asking for the public’s help to find the second subject.
At approximately 3:35 a.m., deputies responded to the Mobil Gas Station at 901 West Oakland Park Blvd. in reference to an armed robbery. At the scene, they met with the four male victims. The victims stated that while they were pumping gas, a man with a silver handgun approached them, pointed the gun at them, and stated, “Give me everything you got.”

Deputies put out a BOLO on the subject’s vehicle along with the tag number. At approximately 4:15 a.m., Fort Lauderdale police officers responded to the owner’s address. While they were in the area, they observed a male leaning against the black Hyundai. When law enforcement approached, Campbell ran. Fort Lauderdale Police’s K-9 found Campbell hiding in some bushes. He was arrested and now faces several charges including robbery with a firearm.
Detectives are still searching for the second subject. He is described as a man with a stocky build, roughly 6 feet tall, about 210 pounds, with a dark complexion and dark hair in dreadlocks. The subject’s handgun, a silver Taurus 9mm, was stolen in 2017 during a vehicle burglary.

https://breaking911.com/must-watch-spring-breakers-turn-tables-on-gunman-and-accomplice-who-tried-to-rob-them-at-a-florida-gasoline-station/

https://youtu.be/yMD_Ot6Km9M

Cotton1
03-26-2019, 02:37 PM
Decent fight. I don't understand why they didn't finish him off. Had I been there the robber would have been dragged behind the car with a chain. :)

nathanbforrest45
03-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Note the one guy just stands there watching rather than helping out. I don't think I would invite him in my group any more.

nathanbforrest45
03-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Decent fight. I don't understand why they didn't finish him off. Had I been there the robber would have been dragged behind the car with a chain. :)
It looked like they had his gun, why not just shoot them?

The Xl
03-26-2019, 03:35 PM
A lot of balls on these guys. They could have easily been shot

Cotton1
03-26-2019, 03:39 PM
It looked like they had his gun, why not just shoot them?

I agree.

zachroidott
03-26-2019, 10:12 PM
FORT LAUDERDALE — A pair or robbers got much more trouble than they bargained for when they chose to rob four spring breakers before sunrise on March 24 at an Oakland Park gas station. The driver in this misbegotten scheme is now in custody, but the gunman is still at large. Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are releasing video of the dramatic armed robbery and asking for the public’s help to find the second subject.
At approximately 3:35 a.m., deputies responded to the Mobil Gas Station at 901 West Oakland Park Blvd. in reference to an armed robbery. At the scene, they met with the four male victims. The victims stated that while they were pumping gas, a man with a silver handgun approached them, pointed the gun at them, and stated, “Give me everything you got.”

Deputies put out a BOLO on the subject’s vehicle along with the tag number. At approximately 4:15 a.m., Fort Lauderdale police officers responded to the owner’s address. While they were in the area, they observed a male leaning against the black Hyundai. When law enforcement approached, Campbell ran. Fort Lauderdale Police’s K-9 found Campbell hiding in some bushes. He was arrested and now faces several charges including robbery with a firearm.
Detectives are still searching for the second subject. He is described as a man with a stocky build, roughly 6 feet tall, about 210 pounds, with a dark complexion and dark hair in dreadlocks. The subject’s handgun, a silver Taurus 9mm, was stolen in 2017 during a vehicle burglary.

https://breaking911.com/must-watch-spring-breakers-turn-tables-on-gunman-and-accomplice-who-tried-to-rob-them-at-a-florida-gasoline-station/

https://youtu.be/yMD_Ot6Km9M

Was the gun unloaded? That was the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.

zachroidott
03-26-2019, 10:13 PM
A lack of brains. Spring break ‘19!!!!!!

Peter1469
03-27-2019, 04:40 AM

They need to learn to strip that gun from Perp 1. Then either beat the shit out of him or kill him with his own gun.

Who was that puff who was just standing there. At first I thought he was watching everyone's back in case Perp 2 showed up, but then he didn't engage Perp 2. I would have kicked his ass after it was over.

Perp 2- pro tip. Don't get tripped up in droopy pants. Buy pants that fit.

Peter1469
03-27-2019, 04:44 AM
Maybe the gun wasn't loaded. But Perp 1 made the mistake of getting too close to his victims. It looked like the first kid in the red shirt was trying to get past Perp 1 more than fighting him. It was the other guy who grabbed the gun arm and at least tried to strip the gun.

If you have the gun, you keep your distance, order your victims to kneel and place their hands interlocked on their heads. Then one by one you instruct them to grab their wallet with their left hand and toss it where you tell them. Once they have all complied you grab the wallets and go.

donttread
03-30-2019, 11:18 AM
Note the one guy just stands there watching rather than helping out. I don't think I would invite him in my group any more.

So these robberers couldn't find better marks than two healthy young men and their girlfriend? Armed robbery stupid mistake number 101. And yeah when the third guy didn't help out after the robber's friend jumped in , he would of been finding his own ride home.