PDA

View Full Version : Police official suggests ‘recused’ Kim Foxx behind Smollett

Common
03-27-2019, 01:44 AM
Police official suggests ‘recused’ Kim Foxx behind decision to drop Smollett charges

A Chicago police official suggested Tuesday that Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx was behind the decision to drop all charges against Jussie Smollett (https://pagesix.com/2019/03/26/all-charges-against-jussie-smollett-have-been-dropped/) — even though she recused herself from the case last month.

“Recusing herself, but not her administration, is a distinction without a difference,” Fraternal Order of Police Second Vice President Martin Preib told The Post. “What underling is going to go against their boss’s wishes?”

Earlier this month, FOP President Kevin Graham asked Chicago US Attorney John Lausch to launch an investigation of Foxx over allegations she interfered with the police probe of Smollett’s hate crime claims.

Graham’s request came in response to the revelation of text messages showing that Foxx had tried to get the FBI to take over the case, following her introduction to a Smollett relative by former first lady Michelle Obama’s chief of staff, according to the Chicago Tribune.

On Feb. 1, Foxx told the “Empire” star’s family member that she had spoken with Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson and that he “made the ask” for the feds to take the case off his hands, the messages show.

“Trying to figure out logistics. I’ll keep you posted,” Foxx added.

“Omg this would be a huge victory,” the relative responded.

In reply, Foxx said, “I make no guarantees, but I’m trying.”

“I understand. I appreciate the effort,” the relative wrote back.

Other messages obtained by the Tribune show the exchange was arranged by prominent Chicago lawyer Tina Tchen, who was executive director of the White House Council on Women and Girls in addition to serving as Michelle Obama’s chief of staff.

Tchen is also a close friend of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s wife, homemaker Amy Rule, according to he Tribune.

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/26/police-official-suggests-recused-kim-foxx-behind-decision-to-drop-smollett-charges/

stjames1_53
03-27-2019, 05:59 AM
democrat corruption? ...................say it isn't so