PDA

View Full Version : Detransitioned and Desisted Women Speak Out

IMPress Polly
03-27-2019, 06:38 AM
Below is a video featuring three young women who have transitioned out of male and non-binary identities (including hormone therapy) back to recognizing themselves as female and one young woman who has similarly desisted from identifying herself as male. They explain some of what their experience believing themselves to be trans was like, how they came to feel that they were trans, and how they figured out that they weren't, with a specific focus on the role of social media, which they point to as having been particularly important. They also provide some parenting advice on how to best address a situation where your child embraces a trans identity based on their own experiences.

These young women are very articulated and impressive and I think you'll find what they have to say fascinating throughout. I know I did! Just thought I'd share it with everyone today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5A2n-EAli0

Lummy
03-27-2019, 09:03 AM
Below is a video featuring three young women who have transitioned out of male and non-binary identities (including hormone therapy) back to recognizing themselves as female and one young woman who has similarly desisted from identifying herself as male. They explain some of what their experience believing themselves to be trans was like, how they came to feel that they were trans, and how they figured out that they weren't, with a specific focus on the role of social media, which they point to as having been particularly important. They also provide some parenting advice on how to best address a situation where your child embraces a trans identity based on their own experiences.

These young women are very articulated and impressive and I think you'll find what they have to say fascinating throughout. I know I did! Just thought I'd share it with everyone today.

I have no idea what they're talking about and don't want to know.

Don't you think we'd all be better off if they would just take stock in what they have and be grateful, and just STFU?

Chris
03-27-2019, 10:13 AM
Listened to opening to where they're talking about getting on social media at 15 and 6th grade, and have to say no wonder they got confused.

donttread
03-27-2019, 08:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5A2n-EAli0

It's become a fad. If you really think about it someone living in the wrong body would need hormones. But someone who just thought they were living in the wrong body would not.If something was that out of kilter shouldn't there be physical findings?