PDA

View Full Version : Trump administration scrambles to defend budget cut for Special Olympics

alexa
03-28-2019, 07:37 AM
The Trump administration faced withering attacks and bipartisan pushback as it scrambled Wednesday to defend its proposal to kill federal funding for Special Olympics.
President Trump’s budget plan slashes programs of all stripes, but the idea of cutting federal support for a beloved organization generated outrage far and wide.
The issue came up at a House hearing on Tuesday and by Wednesday afternoon, prominent GOP lawmakers were vowing to protect the $17.6 million for Special Olympics, which gives people with intellectual disabilities the chance to compete in a range of athletic contests.
Trump’s proposed 2020 budget marked the third year that Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has proposed the cut. But as word spread following Tuesday’s hearing, attacks poured in from Capitol Hill, the presidential campaign trail and Twitter.
DeVos defended the proposal, saying Special Olympics benefits from private philanthropic support.
“The Special Olympics is not a federal program. It’s a private organization. I love its work, and I have personally supported its mission,” she said in a statement Wednesday. “There are dozens of worthy nonprofits that support students and adults with disabilities that don’t get a dime of federal grant money. But given our current budget realities, the federal government cannot fund every worthy program, particularly ones that enjoy robust support from private donations.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/trump-administration-scrambles-to-defend-budget-cut-for-special-olympics/2019/03/27/420b87ae-50aa-11e9-a3f7-78b7525a8d5f_story.html?utm_term=.c811ee6ada80

She also proposed 15% raises for Dept of Education executives in the same budget.

She should be competing in the Special Olympics.

Peter1469
03-28-2019, 07:54 AM
Why spend $17M for it?

alexa
03-28-2019, 08:32 AM
Why spend $17M for it?

Why not?

Why unleash a shitstorm for $17MM?

FindersKeepers
03-28-2019, 08:35 AM
Why spend $17M for it?

Exactly.

There's no reason for the government to fund it. While I think it's great these kids have a chance to participate, this isn't different from any other sport that parents end up paying for. Should I be angry the government never funded my daughter's tennis lessons?

FindersKeepers
03-28-2019, 08:36 AM
Why not?

Because it's an unnecessary expense.

alexa
03-28-2019, 08:38 AM
Because it's an unnecessary expense.
So is the wall, but y'all keep slobbering for it.

Peter1469
03-28-2019, 08:39 AM
Exactly.

There's no reason for the government to fund it. While I think it's great these kids have a chance to participate, this isn't different from any other sport that parents end up paying for. Should I be angry the government never funded my daughter's tennis lessons?
I am not against some funding, but how does something like that cost so much? Are they including long term training for the athletes? Or just picking up travel costs?

Peter1469
03-28-2019, 08:40 AM
Protecting the border is not unnecessary.

alexa
03-28-2019, 08:41 AM
I am not against some funding, but how does something like that cost so much? Are they including long term training for the athletes? Or just picking up travel costs?
It works out to $62.50/ participant.

Huge money.

alexa
03-28-2019, 08:42 AM
Protecting the border is not unnecessary.

I didn't say it was.

Spending billions on a temper tantrum is.

Peter1469
03-28-2019, 08:44 AM

Huge money.
US participants? 62.50 x 272,000 = 17M

Peter1469
03-28-2019, 08:44 AM
I didn't say it was.

Spending billions on a temper tantrum is.

Temper tantrum? TDS.

alexa
03-28-2019, 08:48 AM
US participants? 62.50 x 272,000 = 17M
Yes, it does.

What's your point?

alexa
03-28-2019, 08:49 AM
Temper tantrum? TDS.
Not even close, but it's fine with me if you want to believe that.

Intellectually lazy of you, but fine with me.

Peter1469
03-28-2019, 08:50 AM
Yes, it does.

What's your point?
Their should be perhaps 500 US representatives to the games. 270,000 - ridiculous.

Peter1469
03-28-2019, 08:51 AM
Not even close, but it's fine with me if you want to believe that.

Intellectually lazy of you, but fine with me.
Double TDS.

alexa
03-28-2019, 08:52 AM
Their should be perhaps 500 US representatives to the games. 270,000 - ridiculous.

It's clear you know nothing about the Special Olympics.

NMP

alexa
03-28-2019, 08:53 AM
Double TDS.

Oh, the pain.

:rofl:

FindersKeepers
03-28-2019, 08:56 AM

If we fund Special Olympics, we're on the hook to fund other sports, and I just can't condone that. Just as the government didn't help me pay for my kids' tennis lessons, neither should they pay for the expenses the parents of special children incur. The parents can do fund raising just as the parents in virtually every child sport must do.

And, the athletes can pick up sponsors, as they already do.

But here's the thing for me -- the vast majority of special children never get to compete in the Special Olympics, hence, I can't see funding it for the tiny minority.

It's a parent's responsibility.

FindersKeepers
03-28-2019, 08:57 AM

Huge money.

You're right -- it's not big money. The parents can swing it.

Cannons Front
03-28-2019, 09:02 AM
It works out to $62.50/ participant. Huge money.

Then why is there a need for taxpayers money? My kids play sports, it costs a lot more than $63 each, so should tax payers pay for my kids sports too?

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 10:22 AM

Huge money.
I agree, well, if you can show me the federal government's Constitutional authority to spend the money. Which Article and which Section, please?

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 10:24 AM
Why spend $17M for it?

How about supporting it through private donations?

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 10:27 AM

Huge money.

Then sponsor one participant yourself and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 10:41 AM
The federal government spends hundreds of billions, perhaps trillions of dollars on things which should be left up to the people to fund. These things could and would be funded if that money was left in our hands to do what we choose to do with that money.

alexa
03-28-2019, 10:51 AM
Then sponsor one participant yourself and encourage everyone else to do the same.

I do.

Anything else?

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 10:53 AM
I do.

Anything else?Why does it need taxpayer provided funds? Just because?

Besides, I doubt your claim.

alexa
03-28-2019, 10:54 AM
Why does it need taxpayer provided funds? Just because?

Besides, I doubt your claim.

Like I give a fuck what you doubt, Cliff.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 10:58 AM
Like I give a $#@! what you doubt, Cliff.
You can always choose to increase your claimed support for this cause. If you have any friends, you can encourage them to do the same.

C’mon del, put up your own funds to support this.

Captdon
03-28-2019, 11:04 AM

Huge money.

Set up a collection for them.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 11:12 AM
Set up a collection for them.
Help start a national campaign to fund this. Lobby local businesses to sponsor this in the community. Why does everything need a government solution?

Bo-4
03-28-2019, 11:18 AM

The one Mexico was gonna pay for? :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y6kAwm7uIs

ripmeister
03-28-2019, 11:20 AM

My guess is it would be mostly for event hosting and all that goes with that.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 11:23 AM
The one Mexico was gonna pay for? :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y6kAwm7uIs
Nice try at creating a diversion. Besides, border security is a necessary function of government.

Bo-4
03-28-2019, 11:24 AM
If we fund Special Olympics, we're on the hook to fund other sports, and I just can't condone that. Just as the government didn't help me pay for my kids' tennis lessons, neither should they pay for the expenses the parents of special children incur. The parents can do fund raising just as the parents in virtually every child sport must do.

And, the athletes can pick up sponsors, as they already do.

But here's the thing for me -- the vast majority of special children never get to compete in the Special Olympics, hence, I can't see funding it for the tiny minority.

It's a parent's responsibility.

Whining about 17 million for Special Olympics is goofy. Trump flushes that amount down the crapper daily.

His shit-show shutdown alone cost the economy 11 billion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2019/01/30/the-government-shutdown-cost-the-u-s-economy-11-billion-infographic/#59dcbe55260e

The goal of Special Olympics is to reach out to the nearly 200 million people in the world with ID. Our 5 million Special Olympics athletes—ages 8 years old and up—come from more than 170 countries. We also have a Young Athletes program for children ages 2 to 7.

Bo-4
03-28-2019, 11:29 AM
You're right -- it's not big money. The parents can swing it.

How do you know the financial position of every special olympian parent? Most of them are saddled with ginormous medical bills.

Now Donald wants to make matters worse by snatching insurance from tens of millions with preexisting conditions.

You Trumpkins were born without a compassion gene.

Bo-4
03-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Then why is there a need for taxpayers money? My kids play sports, it costs a lot more than $63 each, so should tax payers pay for my kids sports too?

Your kids are likely not special needs and it's also unlikely you have the kind of medical bills these parents do.

Kalkin
03-28-2019, 11:35 AM
Then sponsor one participant yourself

I do.
You want some kind of trophy for paying your own way?
Welcome to adulthood.

Abby08
03-28-2019, 11:43 AM
How do you know the financial position of every special olympian parent? Most of them are saddled with ginormous medical bills.

Now Donald wants to make matters worse by snatching insurance from tens of millions with preexisting continuations.

There's a difference, between compassion and, not feeling responsible for other people.

In some cases, the people who are helping to support others, are struggling themselves and, could use the amount of their money, that goes to others.

Abby08
03-28-2019, 11:52 AM
How many parents of special needs children, are on some government program that either helps with the medical bills, or, pays them completely? IE.... Medicaid, SSI disability, if in California, Medical, in Arizona, AHCCCS.... those children certainly qualify.

In my opinion, the parents should fund their children's activities.

Bo-4
03-28-2019, 11:58 AM
There's a difference, between compassion and, not feeling responsible for other people.

In some cases, the people who are helping to support others, are struggling themselves and, could use the amount of their money, that goes to others.

Yes, we all could use the 15% pay increase Ms DeVos has deemed appropriate for herself and her team.

She's an incompetent stooge, the sister of Erik Prince - an opportunistic stooge - Like Trump, born with a self-entitled golden spoon firmly implanted.

Her dream is to kill off public education - but her budget proposals will go nowhere. This is her third try to kill of Special Olympics. It will be her third failure to do so.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/214/370/3ed.png

Abby08
03-28-2019, 12:08 PM
I do agree with her on one thing. Our public schools are a mess, kids aren't learning anything, teachers are pushing their own agendas instead of teaching the curriculum, students are being pushed through, graduating without being able to read, some of them, their grammar is bad, many students are only there, because, they are forced, many are violent bullies.

Public schools, in my opinion, are on the way out.

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 12:19 PM
Heck, I'd pop for $62.50 to sponsor one special Olympian. I waste that on wings, beer, whiskey and a cigar any night of the week.

I have zero problems with the $17 mil we taxpayers put-up. Those kids and young adults deserve this gift we give them to feel good about their accomplishments.

Sorry my Con friends, but it is a pittance in the long run and worth it IMO.

ripmeister
03-28-2019, 12:27 PM
I do agree with her on one thing. Our public schools are a mess, kids aren't learning anything, teachers are pushing their own agendas instead of teaching the curriculum, students are being pushed through, graduating without being able to read, some of them, their grammar is bad, many students are only there, because, they are forced, many are violent bullies.

Yea, would that be because of the successful track record of charter schools?

Abby08
03-28-2019, 12:28 PM

That isn't the only alternative.

Cannons Front
03-28-2019, 12:30 PM
Your kids are likely not special needs and it's also unlikely you have the kind of medical bills these parents do.
You are correct, my children are not, my wife however has a genetic degenerative optic disorder that has led to blindness, I assure you, I am very familiar with outrageous medical bills. In addition I have 2 cousins that were Disabled and one of them participated in Special Olympics, for many years. I know full well what the costs are for some people who have disabled children. No two families are alike neither are any two situations. Yes there are people who need help and I have no issues with that, there are also many that do not really need it and take full advantage. I like and support the special Olympics BUT just like everything else there is waste, there is a lot of waste. The more Gov't money that is thrown at anything the more waste there is with few exceptions.
In FY2017 Special Olympics had total revenues, gains and other support amounting to $148,726,084 with costs running $130,000,000 so they gained $18,000,000 so why do they need Gov't funding?

Abby08
03-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Heck, I'd pop for $62.50 to sponsor one special Olympian. I waste that on wings, beer, whiskey and a cigar any night of the week.

I have zero problems with the $17 mil we taxpayers put-up. Those kids and young adults deserve this gift we give them to feel good about their accomplishments.

Everyone needs to feel important, let's just have the government fund everything, everyone wants to do, in order to give them that, feeling.

Special Olympics could probably raise that amount through private donations.

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Everyone needs to feel important, let's just have the government fund everything, everyone wants to do, in order to give them that, feeling.

I can agree with that. I wonder if Nike and Reebok kick anything in?

Abby08
03-28-2019, 12:39 PM
I can agree with that. I wonder if Nike and Reebok kick anything in?

Look at how much money St. Jude's hospital raises every year for childhood cancers.... they've been operating for what, 50 years, on private donations alone? And, they pay for everything, treatment, travel, housing and, food.

Special Olympics, should be able to do the same.

Cannons Front
03-28-2019, 12:50 PM
Look at how much money St. Jude's hospital raises every year for childhood cancers.... they've been operating for what, 50 years, on private donations alone? And, they pay for everything, treatment, travel, housing and, food. Special Olympics, should be able to do the same.

St Jude spends about $2.8 million a day, they do receive Gov't money mostly in research grants but it is less that 2% of their budget $0.82 of every dollar goes towards patient care, that is a model many should copy

Kalkin
03-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Agreed. And if not, maybe it's not actually that important to the virtue signalers after all.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 02:30 PM
Whining about 17 million for Special Olympics is goofy. Trump flushes that amount down the crapper daily.
His shit-show shutdown alone cost the economy 11 billion.
That would be the fault of the Democrats in Congress.

If the Special Olympics is important to you then you fund it.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 02:34 PM

Now Donald wants to make matters worse by snatching insurance from tens of millions with preexisting conditions.

Other peoples children are not my problem. If this is important to you then get off your lazy ass and you support them.

The Tenth Amendment gives you all the authority you need. The Constitution grants no general authority to fund whatever good or bad idea comes up.

If you need a list see Article 1 Section 8. If it is not on the list the Federal government is breaking the Constitution.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 02:37 PM
Other peoples kids are not my problem. If this is important to you then you fund it.

The federal government has no Constitutional authority to spend the money.

If the idiotic citizens of your state want to fund it then raise your local taxes and you fund it. The Tenth Amendment reserves that right to you.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 02:39 PM

If the idiotic people in your state want to fund this with their tax dollars by all means go ahead.

It is not a Constitutional role.

I think you are a bit squishy. You are not all that familiar with the Constitution and liberty, are you?

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 02:58 PM

Why should this receive tax payer support?

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 03:00 PM
If the idiotic people in your state want to fund this with their tax dollars by all means go ahead.

It is not a Constitutional role.

I think you are a bit squishy. You are not all that familiar with the Constitution and liberty, are you?

Can you point to where in the Constitution it says the taxpayers will fund Medicare and Social Security payments to old creaky people?

Think about that on your way to your doctor's office or to your mailbox to grab a check marked payable by the US Dept. of the Treasury next week.

There are lots of things we fund not found in the Constitution because of laws passed in appropriations by Congress.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 03:00 PM
...Those kids and young adults deserve this gift we give them to feel good about their accomplishments...

Why do they “deserve” it?

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 03:06 PM
Why do they “deserve” it?

Because empathy and care for the sick are the best of human traits.

ripmeister
03-28-2019, 03:10 PM

I don't think empathy is a part of quite a few peoples vocabulary on this site.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 03:11 PM

No one is stopping you from lending them a helping hand. Now, why do they “deserve” taxpayer support?

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 03:12 PM
Is empathy best demonstrated through taxpayer support or voluntary contributions?

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 03:14 PM
No one is stopping you from lending them a helping hand. Now, why do they “deserve” taxpayer support?

Because it benefits society and its less fortunate citizens.

I've said it two different ways in my responses to you. We may have to agree to disagree on this one.

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 03:21 PM
Is empathy best demonstrated through taxpayer support or voluntary contributions?

Do you begrudge crippled people in wheelchairs for the use of taxpayer money to make street curbs at crosswalks sloped for their ease of use? Handicapped access at public buildings? How about a rail in the restroom so a guy that has no use in his legs can get from his chair to commode and back?

All these things are for the public good even though that segment of the public is in the minority.

BenjaminO
03-28-2019, 03:26 PM
Actually neither meet your criteria.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 03:47 PM
Actually neither meet your criteria.
I’ve been quite clear that voluntary private contributions meet my criteria, but if one is a hack they can’t recognize that.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Do you begrudge crippled people in wheelchairs for the use of taxpayer money to make street curbs at crosswalks sloped for their ease of use? Handicapped access at public buildings? How about a rail in the restroom so a guy that has no use in his legs can get from his chair to commode and back?

All these things are for the public good even though that segment of the public is in the minority.

You just created a diversion. Now you are deemed irrelevant to the discussion.

alexa
03-28-2019, 03:52 PM
I guess the Asshole-im-Chief couldn't take the heat so he threw Betsy under the bus.

President Trump (https://thehill.com/people/donald-trump) said Thursday that he's overruled his administration officials on zeroing out funding for the Special Olympics in their budget proposal.
"The Special Olympics will be funded, I just told my people," Trump told reporters as he departed the White House for a campaign rally in Michigan (https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/436302-trumps-michigan-rally-5-things-to-watch).
ADVERTISEMENT

"I've overridden my people," he added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/436351-trump-the-special-olympics-will-be-funded

lol

Such a coward

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 03:53 PM

I've said it two different ways in my responses to you. We may have to agree to disagree on this one.
How does using tax payer supplied dollars to support the Special Olympics benefit society? Separate the emotions from this before you attempt an answer.

If private citizens were taxed less, they would contribute substantially more than this lost funding.

alexa
03-28-2019, 03:54 PM
Bullshit

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 03:57 PM
You just created a diversion. Now you are deemed irrelevant to the discussion.

You didn't answer one of my questions in my post. Why? They ARE relevant to the thread discussing tax money being spent on the handicapped.

"Now you are deemed irrelevant" LOL fucking LOL. You think too much of yourself dude.

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 04:01 PM
Here are the latest financials I could find for 2017. Federal grants is a small part of the totals. - http://annualreport.specialolympics.org/financials

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 04:02 PM
Liberals just can’t stop themselves from spending everyone else’s money. It never ends.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 04:03 PM
You didn't answer one of my questions in my post. Why? They ARE relevant to the thread discussing tax money being spent on the handicapped.

"Now you are deemed irrelevant" LOL $#@!ing LOL. You think too much of yourself dude.
Your questions were a diversion. Yes, you are now irrelevant.

ripmeister
03-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Both

ripmeister
03-28-2019, 04:09 PM
How does using tax payer supplied dollars to support the Special Olympics benefit society? Separate the emotions from this before you attempt an answer.

If private citizens were taxed less, they would contribute substantially more than this lost funding.
That's a bold assumption. Kinda like the one about corporations sharing their windfall from the tax reform. They did some at the beginning but that appears to be history now.

BenjaminO
03-28-2019, 04:09 PM
I’ve been quite clear that voluntary private contributions meet my criteria, but if one is a hack they can’t recognize that.
Negative.
But nice try anyway.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 04:35 PM
Negative.
But nice try anyway.
What makes you think I oppose private voluntary contributions to support the Special Olympics? Please be specific. Everything to do with the Special Olympics should be voluntary.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 04:36 PM
That's a bold assumption. Kinda like the one about corporations sharing their windfall from the tax reform. They did some at the beginning but that appears to be history now.

You guys cant ever stay on topic. Without crazy diversions, you’d be silent.

BenjaminO
03-28-2019, 04:43 PM
What makes you think I oppose private voluntary contributions to support the Special Olympics? Please be specific. Everything to do with the Special Olympics should be voluntary.
I know you are in several conversations about this. Maybe someone else said you oppose private voluntary contributions to support Special Olympics.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 04:49 PM
Why should the United States TAXPAYERS fund ANY sporting event?

Trump doesn't need to defend cutting the budget, he needs to defend keeping it.

The Costitution grants Congress no authority to fund athletics.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Why not?

Why unleash a $#@!storm for $17MM?

Because it should not be funded.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 04:52 PM
Kool-aid.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 04:53 PM

Huge money.

Then their parents can cough it up. It's an insignificant amount of money.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 04:55 PM
It's clear you know nothing about the Special Olympics.

NMP

I know they should be privately funded.

Just like those other Olympics.

I don't waste my time watching either, they serve no useful function, so I should not be taxed to pay for them.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 04:58 PM
Help start a national campaign to fund this. Lobby local businesses to sponsor this in the community. Why does everything need a government solution?

Let's have the Clinton Foundation take over the donations and funding of the Special Olympics...

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 05:00 PM

Still not the problem of strangers.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Can you point to where in the Constitution it says the taxpayers will fund Medicare and Social Security payments to old creaky people?

Think about that on your way to your doctor's office or to your mailbox to grab a check marked payable by the US Dept. of the Treasury next week.

There are lots of things we fund not found in the Constitution because of laws passed in appropriations by Congress.
Exactly. Those socialist programs are unconstitutional. You are very slowly catching on.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Let's have the Clinton Foundation take over the donations and funding of the Special Olympics...That money ended up in their bank accounts.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 05:05 PM
It is unconstitutional to fund it out of the federal treasury.

If the people in your state support it raise your local taxes and pay for it. Nothing will stop you.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 05:07 PM

There is no provision in the Constitution that says the Federal government may fund a program not included in Article I Section 8.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 05:08 PM
I guess the Asshole-im-Chief couldn't take the heat so he threw Betsy under the bus.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/436351-trump-the-special-olympics-will-be-funded

lol

Such a coward
I agree. President Trump should have backed DeVoss.

That changes nothing. We have to stop spending money for unconstitutional purposes.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 05:10 PM

The citizens in your state are free to pay additional taxes to fund these programs for your state's citizens. That would be lawful. Taking money from the federal treasure is unconstitutional.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 05:11 PM

Those programs should be funded locally. It is not a federal responsibility.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 05:13 PM
Here are the latest financials I could find for 2017. Federal grants is a small part of the totals. - http://annualreport.specialolympics.org/financials
There should be no money from the Federal government.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 05:15 PM
Corporations can use their money as they choose.

FindersKeepers
03-28-2019, 05:17 PM

I don't. But, likewise, you don't know the financial position of ever parent of a non-special athlete. Do you know what fundraisers are? It's not difficult to raise less than $70 per athlete, yet you're wanting to take over the parents' responsibilities.

Fascinating.

gamewell45
03-28-2019, 05:23 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/trump-administration-scrambles-to-defend-budget-cut-for-special-olympics/2019/03/27/420b87ae-50aa-11e9-a3f7-78b7525a8d5f_story.html?utm_term=.c811ee6ada80

She also proposed 15% raises for Dept of Education executives in the same budget.

Interesting she proposes 15% raises for Dept of Education executives in the same budget. Why such a huge raise, especially when many people who work for the government are not getting raises that high, if any? If the government is so concerned about reigning in costs, they shouldn't be giving out 15% raises to their executives.

You are right, she should be competing in the Special Olympics.

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 05:34 PM
Exactly. Those socialist programs are unconstitutional. You are very slowly catching on.

Yet you cash your SS check and accept free healthcare coverage at the expense of the taxpayer. Hypocritical no. You should give back your SS payments and deny the Medicare and fund your lifestyle from your own earned funds. I understand through your boasting previously that you are wealthy. Why suck at the government's teat while decrying its socialist economic existence?

You are slowly acting on my request and will not ever deny the handouts you receive is my bet.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Yet you cash your SS check and accept free healthcare coverage at the expense of the taxpayer. Hypocritical no. You should give back your SS payments and deny the Medicare and fund your lifestyle from your own earned funds. I understand through your boasting previously that you are wealthy. Why suck at the government's teat while decrying its socialist economic existence?

You are slowly acting on my request and will not ever deny the handouts you receive is my bet.
I will continue to draw as long as the programs exist. They remain unconstitutional.

I am wealthy. I remain wealthy by doing what the current laws allow. That has not changed my demand that unconstitutional programs must be stopped.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 05:50 PM
Trump caved in to the pressure from the liberals.

Everyone agrees that government spends too much money, but the only place these people support spending cuts or even restraints are in defense.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 05:57 PM
I know you are in several conversations about this. Maybe someone else said you oppose private voluntary contributions to support Special Olympics.

If someone said that, they are an idiot who can’t read. However I don’t believe anyone said that. You just made a dumb assumption and thought you wouldn’t get called on it.

jimmyz
03-28-2019, 06:05 PM
We need to cut billions and billions in areas like SNAP and AFDC. This monetary issue is insignificant.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 06:11 PM
We need to cut billions and billions in areas like SNAP and AFDC. This monetary issue is insignificant.
What? Do you not have any empathy for poor families in need? Have you no heart or conscience?

nathanbforrest45
03-28-2019, 06:15 PM
What? Do you not have any empathy for poor families in need? Have you no heart or conscience?

Do you really believe picking the pockets of taxpayers is the only way to help the poor?

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 06:21 PM
Do you really believe picking the pockets of taxpayers is the only way to help the poor?

Have you been following this discussion? Do you possess the ability to identify sarcasm?

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 06:34 PM
That money ended up in their bank accounts.

Noooo...really?

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 06:38 PM

How do you know the financial position of the people being robbed by their government to pay for this uncon add tititional crap?

Tahuyaman
03-28-2019, 06:45 PM
Noooo...really?
Just kiddin. There’s not a dishonest or greedy bone in either of their bodies. They are saints.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 06:46 PM

Cite the constitutional basis for the federal funding of education.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 06:47 PM
Just kiddin. There’s not a dishonest or greedy bone in either of their bodies. They are saints.

Saints cannot be declared until they are dead. I hope they hurry up.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 07:02 PM

Do you have any idea what those items funded but not allowed by the Constitution are called?

Because I call them unconstitutional expenditures.

What do you call them?

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 07:22 PM

How about laying your finger on the article of the Constitution that allows Congress to allocate funds for objects of charity.

Explain how funds taken at gun point can be used for charity.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 07:23 PM
Sure it is.

It's not part of the Constitution.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 07:24 PM

It does not benefit society.

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 07:26 PM

If it's federal tax dollars spent, then it's unconstitutional.

Do you understand thst concept?

Sergeant Gleed
03-28-2019, 07:33 PM

You mean he cashes a check that returns less than 2% on the money that was stolen from him?

You are aware thst the Socialist Security Ponzi Scheme is also unconstitutional, aren't you?

donttread
03-28-2019, 08:02 PM

The federal department of education should not even exist much less get an increase. I have mixed feelings on this as the Special Olympics is a great program . But we all want a balanced budget and something has to be cut to get there. Sure ditching the programs the government is unconstitutionally involved with would be the best step. But remember the states would need more money then. Education, human services and even drug policy can be Constitutionally addressed by the states.
Secondly , the scalpel we were promised a few years ago when the people pretended to care about the debt has never materialized. It's time for the hatchet. SS and Medicare are earmarked monies, taken from us ONLY with the promise of retirement. As it is they will never come close to what the same money invested for a lifetime anywhere except under the care of the government would have produced. Therefore these programs should be off limits.
Other than that ALL federal programs could withstand 10% annual cuts without any real problems if said cuts were not allowed to exempt administration. They could do so for several years at which time we would be closer to a balanced budget and the people might be ready for a limited government.

MisterVeritis
03-28-2019, 08:42 PM
The federal department of education should not even exist much less get an increase. I have mixed feelings on this as the Special Olympics is a great program . But we all want a balanced budget and something has to be cut to get there. Sure ditching the programs the government is unconstitutionally involved with would be the best step. But remember the states would need more money then. Education, human services and even drug policy can be Constitutionally addressed by the states.
Secondly , the scalpel we were promised a few years ago when the people pretended to care about the debt has never materialized. It's time for the hatchet. SS and Medicare are earmarked monies, taken from us ONLY with the promise of retirement. As it is they will never come close to what the same money invested for a lifetime anywhere except under the care of the government would have produced. Therefore these programs should be off limits.
Other than that ALL federal programs could withstand 10% annual cuts without any real problems if said cuts were not allowed to exempt administration. They could do so for several years at which time we would be closer to a balanced budget and the people might be ready for a limited government.
We have to begin refusing to fund unconstitutional programs. That includes social security, Medicare, Medicaid, plus the nearly 450 independent agencies.

There are no earmarked monies.

Cannons Front
03-29-2019, 05:49 AM

When you receive Social Security you are just getting your money back. You pay into Social Security, it is a mandatory Retirement savings account. It is your money you are not taking money from the Gov't.

alexa
03-29-2019, 06:31 AM
When you receive Social Security you are just getting your money back. You pay into Social Security, it is a mandatory Retirement savings account. It is your money you are not taking money from the Gov't.

lol

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/feb/01/medicare-and-social-security-what-you-paid-what-yo/

Bo-4
03-29-2019, 08:26 AM

Pay teachers a salary commiserate with 4-6 years of college. If you're a bright college grad with 100k in student loan debt, are you gonna be a teacher or go for something more lucrative? Our best and brightest teachers are leaving the profession in waves, leaving us in many cases with lesser, unqualified noobs. And that is IF they can find lesser, unqualified noobs.

https://www.teachaway.com/blog/states-with-teacher-shortages

So class sizes get bigger and bigger - more good teachers leave - and the problem is compounded. Betsy Wetsy has done nothing but exacerbate this problem. Public education is going no where. Solutions will come as soon as we drain the current, corrupt swamp.

MisterVeritis
03-29-2019, 08:30 AM
It is not our money. That is a lie. Once the government seized it through the threat of force it was the government's money. And they spent it. All of it. And more than all of it.

This should make you very angry. Instead, like an abused spouse you are right there defending the abusers.

We have to stop it. It is bad. It is unconstitutional. It is theft on a grand scale.

Bo-4
03-29-2019, 08:31 AM
You are correct, my children are not, my wife however has a genetic degenerative optic disorder that has led to blindness, I assure you, I am very familiar with outrageous medical bills. In addition I have 2 cousins that were Disabled and one of them participated in Special Olympics, for many years. I know full well what the costs are for some people who have disabled children. No two families are alike neither are any two situations. Yes there are people who need help and I have no issues with that, there are also many that do not really need it and take full advantage. I like and support the special Olympics BUT just like everything else there is waste, there is a lot of waste. The more Gov't money that is thrown at anything the more waste there is with few exceptions.
In FY2017 Special Olympics had total revenues, gains and other support amounting to $148,726,084 with costs running $130,000,000 so they gained $18,000,000 so why do they need Gov't funding?

Thanks for the share - But clearly you are one of the lucky ones who've been able to shoulder that burden. Many if not most aren't quite so lucky. All good businesses must have reserves. 2017 may have been a good year for donations. With the economy flattening, 2019 may not.

Bo-4
03-29-2019, 08:34 AM

I've been reading MV for years. His interpretation of the constitution is so narrow, I suspect he may still be living in 1787 ;-)

MisterVeritis
03-29-2019, 08:36 AM
I've been reading MV for years. His interpretation of the constitution is so narrow, I suspect he may still be living in 1787 ;-)
It is a shame you learned so little.

Tahuyaman
03-29-2019, 09:51 AM

It is true that you pay into Social Security, but the average beneficiary takes out more than they put in.

Tahuyaman
03-29-2019, 09:54 AM
The constitution isn’t this “living and breathing” document which expands or contracts based on societal change. In fact it is very easy to interpret as long as you don’t make it say things it doesn’t or ignore things that it does say.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 10:00 AM
It is true that you pay into Social Security, but the average beneficiary takes out more than they put in.

Not if I got 3% on what I gave the government. I know I'll get this "but it is just a tax." I would have invested and got more than I could ever get now. Promises made, promises kept.

Tahuyaman
03-29-2019, 10:16 AM
Not if I got 3% on what I gave the government. I know I'll get this "but it is just a tax." I would have invested and got more than I could ever get now. Promises made, promises kept.
Still, the average Social Security recipient receives more in benefits than they put in.

Whether or not you would have done better in a private investment system is a different issue.

Chris
03-29-2019, 10:44 AM
Why not?

"Why not?" must have taken all the brilliance you could muster.

MisterVeritis
03-29-2019, 12:15 PM
The pay-outs exceed the pay-ins for SS and Medicare recipients today. So current earners have to cover the deficits.

Source - https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/feb/01/medicare-and-social-security-what-you-paid-what-yo/
Do you see any problems with these two great Ponzi Schemes?

Tahuyaman
03-29-2019, 12:17 PM
Obviously most people aren’t really concerned with decreasing the size of government or controlling spending.

jimmyz
03-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Do you see any problems with these two great Ponzi Schemes?

Yes. I also think future payouts should be means tested. There are millionaire retirees driving $700,000 motor homes enjoying life and cashing $1600 monthly SS checks. SS and Medicare should have been optional in participation IMO.

Tahuyaman
03-29-2019, 02:49 PM
Yes. I also think future payouts should be means tested. There are millionaire retirees driving $700,000 motor homes enjoying life and cashing $1600 monthly SS checks. SS and Medicare should have been optional in participation IMO.
If they paid into it, they should benefit like everyone else. The best course would be to eliminate the program for all. There are better investment alternatives in the private sector. Eliminate SS and create tax incentives to encourage people to use those alternatives.

MisterVeritis
03-29-2019, 03:25 PM
That would be a wonderful first step toward ending both programs. Once it is clear to everyone that social security and Medicare are unconstitutional welfare Ponzi schemes we can finally end both programs.

Tahuyaman
03-29-2019, 03:40 PM
Social Security was developed during a time when we did not have the investment opportunities which exist today. In all practical purposes, social security has outlived its usefulness.

Sergeant Gleed
03-29-2019, 04:25 PM
If they paid into it, they should benefit like everyone else. The best course would be to eliminate the program for all. There are better investment alternatives in the private sector. Eliminate SS and create tax incentives to encourage people to use those alternatives.

Explain why people should be taxed at a higher rate because they have higher earnings.

In your response be to point out the part of the Sixteenth Amendment that creates an exception in the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth.

Sergeant Gleed
03-29-2019, 04:29 PM
That's not true at all. People getting checks today are taking money from workers who earned it last week.

That's how Ponzi schemes work.

Sergeant Gleed
03-29-2019, 04:33 PM
Pay teachers a salary commiserate with 4-6 years of college. If you're a bright college grad with 100k in student loan debt, are you gonna be a teacher or go for something more lucrative? Our best and brightest teachers are leaving the profession in waves, leaving us in many cases with lesser, unqualified noobs. And that is IF they can find lesser, unqualified noobs.

So class sizes get bigger and bigger - more good teachers leave - and the problem is compounded. Betsy Wetsy has done nothing but exacerbate this problem. Public education is going no where. Solutions will come as soon as we drain the current, corrupt swamp.

Since government employees are not supposed to be goonionized, pay them market wages, as determined by how little a school district can get a teacher to work for them.

Since the only people dumber than teachers are politicians, they shouldn't be paid much at all.

Tahuyaman
03-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Explain why people should be taxed at a higher rate because they have higher earnings.

In your response be to point out the part of the Sixteenth Amendment that creates an exception in the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth.
Where did I say people who earn more should be taxed at a higher rate? I’ll wait for your answer. There won’t be an answer because I have never expressed that view.

Sergeant Gleed
03-29-2019, 04:37 PM

Cite the Rosie O'Donnell Amendments, please.

Otherwise, we still have the original Twiggy Constitution.

Sergeant Gleed
03-29-2019, 04:42 PM
Where did I say people who earn more should be taxed at a higher rate? I’ll wait for your answer. There won’t be an answer because I have never expressed that view.

Ah. I'm multitasking between a robotics competition and here. The round started before I fished reading and I thought you were arguing for means testing...must have crossed posts.

My bad.

Yes, my fumble fingers. That post of mine should been in response to the post before yours from jimmyz.

Sorry.

Tahuyaman
03-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Ah. I'm multitasking between a robotics competition and here. The round started before I fished reading and I thought you were arguing for means testing...must have crossed posts.

My bad

You can avoid that mistake by actually reading the post you quoted and responded to.

Sergeant Gleed
03-29-2019, 05:10 PM
You can avoid that mistake by actually reading the post you quoted and responded to.

Need a new tampon?

You got the apology. I don't do tongues.

Tahuyaman
03-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Need a new tampon?

You got the apology. I don't do tongues.

Shut up. You embarrass me on behalf of all conservatives.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 06:08 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ripmeister http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=2567854#post2567854)

Sure. Set up a fund and leave my money alone.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 06:13 PM
We have to begin refusing to fund unconstitutional programs. That includes social security, Medicare, Medicaid, plus the nearly 450 independent agencies.

There are no earmarked monies.

You know better than that. Social Security and Medicare are earmarked and always have been. They are the part of the budget that isn't discretional. I don't understand someone repeatedly being wrong ion the same issue. You are not only wrong, you are foolishly wrong.

S promise was made and it needs to be kept.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 06:16 PM
lol

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/feb/01/medicare-and-social-security-what-you-paid-what-yo/

Investment at 2% above inflation would make you a very stupid investor. You are a leech then.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 06:18 PM

If you don't like the money, find a job that pays you what you want.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 06:21 PM
It is not our money. That is a lie. Once the government seized it through the threat of force it was the government's money. And they spent it. All of it. And more than all of it.

This should make you very angry. Instead, like an abused spouse you are right there defending the abusers.

We have to stop it. It is bad. It is unconstitutional. It is theft on a grand scale.

I was made a promise and it is being kept. I don't know how you treat promises bit I expect them to be kept.

Your abused spouse comparison is beneath you or,at least, was.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 06:24 PM
Still, the average Social Security recipient receives more in benefits than they put in.

Whether or not you would have done better in a private investment system is a different issue.

The government "loaning" the money to the Treasury for 3% is the reason the payments are what they are. I guess we could kill a bunch off to even it out.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 06:26 PM

Paid in and want paid off for this special tax. I was taxed for working and I want it back plus.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 06:31 PM
That's not true at all. People getting checks today are taking money from workers who earned it last week.

That's how Ponzi schemes work.

So what? I paid for those who came before me and today someone else pays for me and it goes on.

Captdon
03-29-2019, 06:32 PM
Since government employees are not supposed to be goonionized, pay them market wages, as determined by how little a school district can get a teacher to work for them.

Since the only people dumber than teachers are politicians, they shouldn't be paid much at all.

Paying market wages is correct. The rest is garbage.

Peter1469
03-29-2019, 08:01 PM

You really are not getting your money back. Your money paid for an earlier contributor. Like a Ponzi Scheme.

Tahuyaman
03-30-2019, 09:40 AM
You really are not getting your money back. Your money paid for an earlier contributor. Like a Ponzi Scheme.
When SS was first developed there were more than 20 payees for every beneficiary. We are now to a point where it’s less than 7 payees for each beneficiary. Soon it will be 1 to 1. Obviously that is not a sustainable path.

MisterVeritis
03-30-2019, 10:02 AM
You know better than that. Social Security and Medicare are earmarked and always have been. They are the part of the budget that isn't discretional. I don't understand someone repeatedly being wrong ion the same issue. You are not only wrong, you are foolishly wrong.

S promise was made and it needs to be kept.
You err. You should stop.

All of the welfare programs should go back on the budget.

You were lied to. But you like it.

alexa
03-30-2019, 10:04 AM
Typical cons.

"Cut all the welfare except mine."

lol

MisterVeritis
03-30-2019, 10:04 AM

I was made a promise and it is being kept. I don't know how you treat promises bit I expect them to be kept.

Your abused spouse comparison is beneath you or,at least, was.
You are behaving exactly like an abused spouse.

MisterVeritis
03-30-2019, 10:05 AM
The government "loaning" the money to the Treasury for 3% is the reason the payments are what they are. I guess we could kill a bunch off to even it out.
When did you lose your mind?

All of the money was spent. The Treasury IOUs are a promise to rape your children and grandchildren. That is all.

donttread
03-30-2019, 10:44 AM
Typical cons.

"Cut all the welfare except mine."

lol

And make sure you keep fighting wars for oil, and subsidizing corn.

AZ Jim
03-30-2019, 11:23 AM
No one is stopping you from lending them a helping hand. Now, why do they “deserve” taxpayer support?You are too dense to understand.

Tahuyaman
03-30-2019, 11:29 AM
Nothing is better than a troll criticizing someone for asking a valid question. A question which he can’t answer in an intelligent manner.

Captdon
03-30-2019, 11:33 AM

A man's gotta what a man's gotta do. 17 million wasn't worth the fuss. The wall is. There's a win.

Captdon
03-30-2019, 11:36 AM
You err. You should stop.

All of the welfare programs should go back on the budget.

You were lied to. But you like it.

We've been through this. You take it as well as I do. You must like it too. Quit being a hypocrite. If you were opposed to this you'd send your check back as a protest. You don't because you like that money every month.

Captdon
03-30-2019, 11:38 AM
When did you lose your mind?

All of the money was spent. The Treasury IOUs are a promise to rape your children and grandchildren. That is all.

You have lost all sense of reality. Am IOU is just that. I don't care who pays it off and neither do you. I don't know why you persist in being wrong but they have doctors for that.

Tahuyaman
03-30-2019, 12:48 PM
Still can anyone explain why the Special Olympics should receive federal taxpayer support? Feelgoodism isn’t a valid reason.

MisterVeritis
03-30-2019, 01:37 PM
We've been through this. You take it as well as I do. You must like it too. Quit being a hypocrite. If you were opposed to this you'd send your check back as a protest. You don't because you like that money every month.
Nope. I will do what the law allows. I, however, don't pretend it is my money. It becomes my money when the money is transferred to my account. Not before. Of course, I like the money. It is a bit like a refund on the enormous taxes I paid over the years. I don't pretend that it is something earmarked for my use. You do.

It is unconstitutional. It is theft. It must stop.

We could stop it next week. Anyone 40 or younger should have the taxes stopped. Anyone older should have the option of stopping the thefts from their checks as well. Those of us already on social security and Medicare should also have some options.

It was hard to end slavery.

MisterVeritis
03-30-2019, 01:38 PM
You have lost all sense of reality. Am IOU is just that. I don't care who pays it off and neither do you. I don't know why you persist in being wrong but they have doctors for that.
I don't pretend. You do. I am not the one who needs the mental health professional.

Docthehun
03-31-2019, 10:30 AM
Loyalty is important to the POTUS, at least down one lane of traffic.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/white-house-not-devos-wanted-171731630.html

Tahuyaman
03-31-2019, 11:18 AM
Loyalty is important to the POTUS,...

Can you point to any past president who didn’t value the concept of loyalty?

Peter1469
03-31-2019, 12:25 PM
Loyalty is important to the POTUS, at least down one lane of traffic.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/white-house-not-devos-wanted-171731630.html
This stuff interests you?

Odd...

Captdon
03-31-2019, 12:46 PM
Nope. I will do what the law allows. I, however, don't pretend it is my money. It becomes my money when the money is transferred to my account. Not before. Of course, I like the money. It is a bit like a refund on the enormous taxes I paid over the years. I don't pretend that it is something earmarked for my use. You do.

It is unconstitutional. It is theft. It must stop.

We could stop it next week. Anyone 40 or younger should have the taxes stopped. Anyone older should have the option of stopping the thefts from their checks as well. Those of us already on social security and Medicare should also have some options.

It was hard to end slavery.

On August 14, 1935, President Franklin D. Roosevelt (https://www.thebalance.com/fdr-economic-policies-and-accomplishments-3305557) signed into law the Social Security Act. It created a program to pay an income to retired workers 65 or older. The funds for Social Security came from payroll taxes, known as FICA. The Social Security Trust Fund was established in 1937 to manage the income collected from these taxes so they could be redistributed as Social Security Income.

https://www.thebalance.com/social-security-trust-fund-history-solvency-how-to-fix-it-3305890

I know history is a bitch for you.

I also know that 2.8 trillion dollars on S bonds have been sold. That is an IOU. How can that be possible if it is only tax money to be used as the government pleases. Why is it not part of the discretionary funds?

I know Congress can end it tomorrow. That has nothing to do with what I said. You should seek help for your ego. It is enlarged for no apparent reason. Perhaps some surgery.

Captdon
03-31-2019, 12:55 PM
I don't pretend. You do. I am not the one who needs the mental health professional.

I pretend nothing. I don't say you pretend. You actually believe you know more than anyone about anything. You don't. There's a disorder that covers that. It has to do with narcissistic.

Docthehun
03-31-2019, 01:17 PM

No, but it's a two-way street.

Docthehun
03-31-2019, 01:18 PM
This stuff interests you?

Odd...

Only to the extent that he'd throw his mom under the bus if it suited his interests.

donttread
03-31-2019, 01:28 PM
Still can anyone explain why the Special Olympics should receive federal taxpayer support? Feelgoodism isn’t a valid reason.

It's somewhat cloaked but I think the regular olympics / world teams manage to get some federal money.

testsubjectalpha
03-31-2019, 01:38 PM
I think the real issue here is the US spending $200 Billion/year handing out welfare benefits to illegal immigrants. That said, I support continuing Federal Gov't support of $17M/year for the Special Olympics!!!!

MisterVeritis
03-31-2019, 01:41 PM
On August 14, 1935, President Franklin D. Roosevelt (https://www.thebalance.com/fdr-economic-policies-and-accomplishments-3305557) signed into law the Social Security Act. It created a program to pay an income to retired workers 65 or older. The funds for Social Security came from payroll taxes, known as FICA. The Social Security Trust Fund was established in 1937 to manage the income collected from these taxes so they could be redistributed as Social Security Income.

https://www.thebalance.com/social-security-trust-fund-history-solvency-how-to-fix-it-3305890

I know history is a bitch for you.

I also know that 2.8 trillion dollars on S bonds have been sold. That is an IOU. How can that be possible if it is only tax money to be used as the government pleases. Why is it not part of the discretionary funds?

I know Congress can end it tomorrow. That has nothing to do with what I said. You should seek help for your ego. It is enlarged for no apparent reason. Perhaps some surgery.

It is smoke and mirrors. I know understanding can be a bitch for you. Try anyway.

The real money was spent. The Treasury issued an IOU against future taxpayers. If you want to do the same thing write yourself an IOU for one million dollars. Now you are a millionaire. All you have to do is earn it.

MisterVeritis
03-31-2019, 01:43 PM
I pretend nothing. I don't say you pretend. You actually believe you know more than anyone about anything. You don't. There's a disorder that covers that. It has to do with narcissistic.
I understand more than you. For the purpose of this discussion that is sufficient.

testsubjectalpha
03-31-2019, 02:01 PM
Let the children, and some are older, play. The joy in their hearts of simply competing and hugging each other. We should all be so lucky as to blindly and innocently just love one another. :)
As for a 23 years old on welfare claiming they have no ability to contribute to society and demand welfare...that is who our society should be telling to go stick it up your butt and rotate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8_WLmXFYrY

Peter1469
03-31-2019, 02:22 PM
Only to the extent that he'd throw his mom under the bus if it suited his interests.

You should rather be embarrassed to think something as vapid as that.

Docthehun
03-31-2019, 02:30 PM
You should rather be embarrassed to think something as vapid as that.

Well,... I'm not. I'd also like to think he isn't a cheater and a liar.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/golfers-say-president-trump-cheats-at-the-highest-level-142857151.html

Peter1469
03-31-2019, 02:57 PM
Well,... I'm not. I'd also like to think he isn't a cheater and a liar.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/golfers-say-president-trump-cheats-at-the-highest-level-142857151.html
I wouldn't bother myself with it one way or another. Don't you have better things to occupy your time? Golf is a waste of time. Worrying about golf is even worse.

Docthehun
03-31-2019, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't bother myself with it one way or another. Don't you have better things to occupy your time? Golf is a waste of time. Worrying about golf is even worse.

You're probably right; I'll let others worry about it.....say, Chris Wallace. He's a sucker for topics like this.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chris-wallace-hammers-kellyanne-conway-174320902.html

Peter1469
03-31-2019, 03:16 PM
You're probably right; I'll let others worry about it.....say, Chris Wallace. He's a sucker for topics like this.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chris-wallace-hammers-kellyanne-conway-174320902.html
Good idea.

Captdon
03-31-2019, 05:52 PM
I understand more than you. For the purpose of this discussion that is sufficient.

I am throwing in the towel. I can't defeat someone who can't tell the difference between reality and his deficiencies.

Cannons Front
04-01-2019, 06:13 AM
lol
Great source, and possibly accurate if you live about 21 years on social security, most do not.

Tahuyaman
04-01-2019, 12:37 PM
It's somewhat cloaked but I think the regular olympics / world teams manage to get some federal money.
That’s not relevant to the Special Olympics.

Tahuyaman
04-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Great source, and possibly accurate if you live about 21 years on social security, most do not.

It’s getting more common to see this.

Tahuyaman
04-01-2019, 12:46 PM

No, but it's a two-way street.

No “buts”.

Hoosier8
04-01-2019, 01:51 PM
AOC repeatedly attacked the Trump admin last week when it cut funding to the Special Olympics.

Now Democrat-controlled New York is cutting funding to the Special Olympics and giving lawmakers a raise.

AOC is silent.

Tahuyaman
04-01-2019, 07:19 PM

AOC repeatedly attacked the Trump admin last week when it cut funding to the Special Olympics.

Now Democrat-controlled New York is cutting funding to the Special Olympics and giving lawmakers a raise.

AOC is silent.

I just read that AOC said that the 22nd amendment was “passed by Republicans” in order to deny a fifth term to FDR? Does she know that this constitutional amendment was written and ratified long after he was dead?

testsubjectalpha
04-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Mexico is about to pay for the Wall. Close the border with Mexico.

Abby08
04-01-2019, 07:31 PM
I just read that AOC said that the 22nd amendment was “passed by Republicans” in order to deny a fifth term to FDR? Does she know that this constitutional amendment was written and ratified long after he was dead?

I don't think she knows much of anything.