PDA

View Full Version : Those pesky regulations...

Docthehun
03-31-2019, 02:40 PM
Our grandkids will likely appreciate our deeds.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/corporations-endangering-americans-trump-doesnt-100036770.html

Peter1469
03-31-2019, 02:58 PM
You need a hobby.

Docthehun
03-31-2019, 03:08 PM
You need a hobby.

What, tormenting you isn't enough?

PS - I play golf, guitar, build model railroads, study the stars, read prolifically and paint, watercolors. Entertaining friends tops my list.

Captdon
03-31-2019, 05:55 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/corporations-endangering-americans-trump-doesnt-100036770.html

They are likely not to give a damn unless they see what effects them. That's the way people are.

Docthehun
04-01-2019, 07:16 AM
They are likely not to give a damn unless they see what effects them. That's the way people are.

I was thinking specifically about the Great Miami that runs through Piqua. It's taken my entire lifetime for it to attain clarity and I fear that backtracking on dumping regulations will return it to open sewer status.

Captdon
04-02-2019, 09:23 AM
I was thinking specifically about the Great Miami that runs through Piqua. It's taken my entire lifetime for it to attain clarity and I fear that backtracking on dumping regulations will return it to open sewer status.

There's sensible regulation as needed. Obama made 160,000 of them That's absurd on its face. I'm not saying there are not failures that we have ignored and need to take care of.

Collateral Damage
04-02-2019, 11:04 AM

So Trump needs to fix every flaw created by his predecessors, and do it now, dammit? How about holding those that created the problems accountable for them.

Tahuyaman
04-02-2019, 12:15 PM
The say that the regulations were created through corrupt regulators. Getting rid of those regulations should be looked at as a good thing.

Docthehun
04-02-2019, 03:29 PM
So Trump needs to fix every flaw created by his predecessors, and do it now, dammit? How about holding those that created the problems accountable for them.

No I don't expect him to fix every flaw, just don't open the floodgate. I'm all for holding the companies accountable, trouble is, by then the damage has already been done.

Docthehun
04-02-2019, 03:31 PM
The say that the regulations were created through corrupt regulators. Getting rid of those regulations should be looked at as a good thing.

They who? Where did you read that?

Collateral Damage
04-02-2019, 03:43 PM
No I don't expect him to fix every flaw, just don't open the floodgate. I'm all for holding the companies accountable, trouble is, by then the damage has already been done.
So, proactive on regulations then? That could be even scarier then the 'barn door' method of addressing major issues that we have now.

While I believe in some limitations gleaned from history, regulating on presumptions, guesses (no matter how 'educated') and concerns about everything geared towards 'for the children!' there needs to be a realistic balance between protecting US Citizens, and businesses that create the ability to work, and therefore feed ourselves.

No argument that SOME entities exist solely to feed their gluttons, but a distinction needs to be drawn in the methods used on the average business.

Docthehun
04-02-2019, 03:48 PM
So, proactive on regulations then? That could be even scarier then the 'barn door' method of addressing major issues that we have now.

While I believe in some limitations gleaned from history, regulating on presumptions, guesses (no matter how 'educated') and concerns about everything geared towards 'for the children!' there needs to be a realistic balance between protecting US Citizens, and businesses that create the ability to work, and therefore feed ourselves.

No argument that SOME entities exist solely to feed their gluttons, but a distinction needs to be drawn in the methods used on the average business.

Bayer wants to introduce a new chemical to replace Round-up. Should we let them do it and check later to see if it's dangerous, or trust their word that it's not? So yes, I'd be proactive. Not you?

Collateral Damage
04-02-2019, 03:49 PM
Picking through the article at your link, this tidbit caught my eye:

What has Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency done about glyphosate? In December 2017 its office of pesticide programs concluded that glyphosate wasn’t likely to cause cancer – although eight of the 15 experts on whom the agency relied expressed significant concerns about that conclusion, and three more expressed concerns about the data.

For crying out loud, did anybody address this in Obama's EPA? Not recalling it. Did anybody address this in Bush's EPA? I'm not recalling it. But it's all on Trump, cause he's 'defanged' his EPA..... the one that felt they had the right to regulate water usage on private property. Yeah, them.

Tahuyaman
04-02-2019, 03:53 PM
They who? Where did you read that?
Read the article.

Collateral Damage
04-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Bayer wants to introduce a new chemical to replace Round-up. Should we let them do it and check later to see if it's dangerous, or trust their word that it's not? So yes, I'd be proactive. Not you?
What methods are currently on place to address new products coming to market? Those have not changed.

ripmeister
04-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Picking through the article at your link, this tidbit caught my eye:

For crying out loud, did anybody address this in Obama's EPA? Not recalling it. Did anybody address this in Bush's EPA? I'm not recalling it. But it's all on Trump, cause he's 'defanged' his EPA..... the one that felt they had the right to regulate water usage on private property. Yeah, them.
Funny thing about water is it flows off the land and down stream.

Docthehun
04-02-2019, 04:27 PM
What methods are currently on place to address new products coming to market? Those have not changed.

Exactly! That is "Pro-active", not reactive. Is there something I'm missing here? By the way, yes those methods have changed. We're in the process of cutting the very regulations you've mentioned. That's been my point right out of the gate.

Docthehun
04-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Read the article.

"Pot calling kettle?"

Collateral Damage
04-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Funny thing about water is it flows off the land and down stream.
It was a stock pond, not running water.

https://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/epa-wyoming-pond/2016/05/11/id/728340/

Collateral Damage
04-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Exactly! That is "Pro-active", not reactive. Is there something I'm missing here? By the way, yes those methods have changed. We're in the process of cutting the very regulations you've mentioned. That's been my point right out of the gate.
Which regulations? Testing something is not 'regulating' it. Regulating it would be restricting who can use it, where it can be used, etc.

I'm not finding anything regarding Bayer looking to replace Round up. I choose not to use synthetic chemicals for any purpose on my property.

Captdon
04-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Which regulations? Testing something is not 'regulating' it. Regulating it would be restricting who can use it, where it can be used, etc.

I'm not finding anything regarding Bayer looking to replace Round up. I choose not to use synthetic chemicals for any purpose on my property.

If something is not going to be regulated why would the government test it?

Collateral Damage
04-02-2019, 05:04 PM
If something is not going to be regulated why would the government test it?
To make sure it doesn't need to be regulated.

Tahuyaman
04-02-2019, 05:26 PM
"Pot calling kettle?"
Did you read it or are you just trying to be a freaking troll?

Docthehun
04-02-2019, 06:44 PM

Most products are tested before they're allowed on the market and have to adhere to a gauntlet of rules and regulations designed to protect you.

Sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase. If they took Round-up off the market, that would be tantamount to admitting guilt. Business Law 101.

Docthehun
04-02-2019, 06:54 PM
Did you read it or are you just trying to be a freaking troll?

I don't post anything I haven't read. You on the other hand, virtually never provide reading material in support of your views. Time is a precious commodity to me and I don't want to spend time with someone who seems bored, but loves to post just to pass the time. I'll not put you on ignore, I just will.

Tahuyaman
04-02-2019, 08:17 PM
I don't post anything I haven't read. You on the other hand, virtually never provide reading material in support of your views. Time is a precious commodity to me and I don't want to spend time with someone who seems bored, but loves to post just to pass the time. I'll not put you on ignore, I just will.

When I start a thread, I post a link. I don't need a link to provide my opinion of an issue under discussion.

So, go troll someone as you are prone to do.

NapRover
04-02-2019, 10:06 PM
What, tormenting you isn't enough?

PS - I play golf, guitar, build model railroads, study the stars, read prolifically and paint, watercolors. Entertaining friends tops my list.
Can you yodel?

Docthehun
04-03-2019, 04:35 AM
Can you yodel?

No, but if you hum a few bars, I'll give it a shot. Hope all is well old friend!

Collateral Damage
04-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Most products are tested before they're allowed on the market and have to adhere to a gauntlet of rules and regulations designed to protect you.
Sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase. If they took Round-up off the market, that would be tantamount to admitting guilt. Business Law 101. So you are agreeing that things are tested BEFORE they are regulated.... because not everything does need to be regulated.

I agree regarding removing Round Up from the market, though there is a version of nolo contendre that could be applied. Heavier restrictions for the sake of those who must use it in a commercial setting, Hazardous Material Data Safety Sheets to be read and acknowledged.

ripmeister
04-03-2019, 12:21 PM
It was a stock pond, not running water.

https://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/epa-wyoming-pond/2016/05/11/id/728340/
Yea, and that pond water doesn't enter the water table. That pond has no chance of overflowing its banks and percolating to the streams.

Docthehun
04-03-2019, 06:54 PM
So you are agreeing that things are tested BEFORE they are regulated.... because not everything does need to be regulated.

I agree regarding removing Round Up from the market, though there is a version of nolo contendre that could be applied. Heavier restrictions for the sake of those who must use it in a commercial setting, Hazardous Material Data Safety Sheets to be read and acknowledged.

So in the end, you really agreed with me all along unless I'm really, really missing something. Good chatting and welcome to the board.