PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh on Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

Trumpster
04-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Today (04-03-19) Rush was comparing the two and tried to make the point that it's pointless to try to live a healthy lifestyle. He said Mick Jagger always strived to be healthy by working out and eating a healthy vegan diet. Whereas Keith Richards was supposed to be the opposite, according to Rush. And now Mick is not doing well and needs an operation whereas Keith is doing very well and looks great. In conclusion, Rush once again tried to make the point that it's all genetic and a matter of luck; trying to be healthy is a waste of time. (I'm paraphrasing.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/31/health/31age.html

The above link points out the following:
Even twins, identical twins, die at different times. On average....more than 10 years apart. And the beginning of the article gives an example of how different their health status can be. One twin can have excellent health while the other has very poor health, despite the fact that their genes are identical. So one would have to conclude that it's not about genes.

I wish Rush would get it right, otherwise, he might lose his credibility on global warming. (This assumes I'm not the only one who knows that health and longevity is not all about genes and luck.)

nathanbforrest45
04-03-2019, 02:42 PM
In the words of the ending of a popular TV show

What does that mean?

Captdon
04-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Genetics are a major part of our health and ability to fight disease. Ignoring genetics is stupid. Many health problems are inherited.

Trumpster
04-03-2019, 03:12 PM
In the words of the ending of a popular TV show

What does that mean?

Can you be more specific? I'm not sure what you're not understanding. (I don't watch TV)

Trumpster
04-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Genetics are a major part of our health and ability to fight disease. Ignoring genetics is stupid. Many health problems are inherited.

Did you read my link about identical twins? They have identical genes but different health outcomes.

Bo-4
04-03-2019, 03:34 PM
Keith Richards looks great? :shakeshead:

Well, you heard it from Rush - (who looks like shit)

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/11/15/1416041764553_Image_galleryImage_Keith_Richards_an d_Ronnie.JPG

Captdon
04-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Did you read my link about identical twins? They have identical genes but different health outcomes.

Yea. So what? Genetics still play a big role in your health, The twins have no more weight in this than anyone else. Health outcomes also come from diets, diseases and other things. You are getting all stressed out over what I said. That's not a healthy thing.

I was exposed to TB as a child. I mean direct exposure over a 6 month period. I had some TB cells but did not get TB. I still have antibodies. I can't get TB now. Nothing genetic there.

My family has a high degree of vision problems. Far more than average. We inherited it and we passed it on. That's genetics.

See what I mean?

Common
04-03-2019, 05:02 PM
This is my opinion, its in the Genes, if you come from good stock you will have longevity and good health.

You can destroy your good health and over ride good genes with years of abusing your body.

I think people with bad genes to start or who have hereditary illness have a hard road, even the best of lifestyles might not be enough.

Sergeant Gleed
04-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Let's see, what factors affect a person's health...

Genetics
Developmental environment, including diet, toxins, exercise and air quality.
Adult environment.
Mental attitude.
Stress levels.
Luck. Your twin got run over by a truck, you did not..
Disease exposure.
Drug and alcohol use, or not.

Not possible to quantify a person's life to any significant degree

MisterVeritis
04-03-2019, 06:10 PM

Well, you heard it from Rush - (who looks like shit)

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/11/15/1416041764553_Image_galleryImage_Keith_Richards_an d_Ronnie.JPG
No. You didn't hear it from Rush. If you listened to Limbaugh you wouldn't be so ignorant.

Common
04-03-2019, 07:03 PM
No. You didn't hear it from Rush. If you listened to Limbaugh you wouldn't be so ignorant.

That has got to be a democrat

Cotton1
04-04-2019, 06:46 AM
Today (04-03-19) Rush was comparing the two and tried to make the point that it's pointless to try to live a healthy lifestyle. He said Mick Jagger always strived to be healthy by working out and eating a healthy vegan diet. Whereas Keith Richards was supposed to be the opposite, according to Rush. And now Mick is not doing well and needs an operation whereas Keith is doing very well and looks great. In conclusion, Rush once again tried to make the point that it's all genetic and a matter of luck; trying to be healthy is a waste of time. (I'm paraphrasing.)

The above link points out the following: And the beginning of the article gives an example of how different their health status can be. One twin can have excellent health while the other has very poor health, despite the fact that their genes are identical. So one would have to conclude that it's not about genes.

I wish Rush would get it right, otherwise, he might lose his credibility on global warming. (This assumes I'm not the only one who knows that health and longevity is not all about genes and luck.)

It always disturbs me when Rush or anyone else focuses on the exception rather than the rule, as in Keith Richards. Most people to believe what they need to believe, want to believe or in some cases have to believe . In the case of Rush, since he and Richards have both struggled with opiates he may need to believe Richards is immortal as a means of denying his own mortality. After a good look at Richards picture he may or may not have had a pulse when it was taken.

Trumpster
04-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Yea. So what? Genetics still play a big role in your health, The twins have no more weight in this than anyone else. Health outcomes also come from diets, diseases and other things. You are getting all stressed out over what I said. That's not a healthy thing.

I agree that genes play a role but not in the way that most people think. Everyone has their share of bad genes but bad genes can be kept turned off or inactive. One example: Some women have a gene for breast cancer but never get breast cancer. And some women who don't have a gene for breast cancer get breast cancer. The same applies to Alzheimer's and other diseases. I also think that health comes from diet, exercise and stress control. And, by the way, I'm not at all stressed out. I'm as calm as could be. :smiley20:

I was exposed to TB as a child. I mean direct exposure over a 6 month period. I had some TB cells but did not get TB. I still have antibodies. I can't get TB now. Nothing genetic there.

You must have had a healthy immune system to keep the disease from progressing.

My family has a high degree of vision problems. Far more than average. We inherited it and we passed it on. That's genetics.

I can't comment on that because I don't know the nature of your vision problems and I don't know you or your family. Also, I never said genes or luck don't play any role in disease.

See what I mean?

Yes, so where do we disagree?

Mister D
04-04-2019, 01:30 PM

The above link points out the following: And the beginning of the article gives an example of how different their health status can be. One twin can have excellent health while the other has very poor health, despite the fact that their genes are identical. So one would have to conclude that it's not about genes.

To a large extent, your health is impacted by genes and circumstance. I'm mean...isn't that obvious?

Mister D
04-04-2019, 01:31 PM
This is my opinion, its in the Genes, if you come from good stock you will have longevity and good health.

You can destroy your good health and over ride good genes with years of abusing your body.

I think people with bad genes to start or who have hereditary illness have a hard road, even the best of lifestyles might not be enough.
Vegans are very strange people and have a tendency to be utterly divorced from reality regarding certain topics.

Mister D
04-04-2019, 01:33 PM

See what I mean?
Of course they do. I can't believe we're even discussing this but we live in a time when laymen still believe in the blank slate conception of human beings.

Mister D
04-04-2019, 01:34 PM
This proves what? That other factors play a role in addition to genes? And?

nathanbforrest45
04-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Can you be more specific? I'm not sure what you're not understanding. (I don't watch TV)

Of course you don't. And you don't eat at fast food restaurants either I'll wager.

MisterVeritis
04-04-2019, 01:51 PM
It always disturbs me when Rush or anyone else focuses on the exception rather than the rule, as in Keith Richards. Most people to believe what they need to believe, want to believe or in some cases have to believe . In the case of Rush, since he and Richards have both struggled with opiates he may need to believe Richards is immortal as a means of denying his own mortality. After a good look at Richards picture he may or may not have had a pulse when it was taken.
I doubt it disturbed anyone who actually listened.

Rush said to take a look at Richards. He has abused every possible substance and looks like hell. But he is medically fine. Jagger is a vegan, works out, may not even drink, and looks great. But Jaggar has a heart problem. One did everything "wrong" and is fine. The other did everything "right' and is not.

Be skeptical.

Trumpster
04-04-2019, 01:57 PM

Some years ago a neighbor told me this in a conversation we had. She said both of her parents lived into their late 90s and it was her goal to live to be 100. And she thought she could do it because she was in good health liked to eat fresh vegetables. Well, I moved and didn't keep in touch with her. Then about 20 years later I decided to check the FL online obituary, and her obituary was there stating that she died in her late 70s. She didn't even make it to 80. There are endless examples of this kind of thing happening.

In my opinion, that means living a healthy lifestyle is the most important factor. Even bad genes can be kept inactive by living a healthy lifestyle.

Right, if a person is born with a disease or deformity that's another story.

Trumpster
04-04-2019, 02:17 PM
I doubt it disturbed anyone who actually listened.

Rush said to take a look at Richards. He has abused every possible substance and looks like hell. But he is medically fine. Jagger is a vegan, works out, may not even drink, and looks great. But Jaggar has a heart problem. One did everything "wrong" and is fine. The other did everything "right' and is not.
Be skeptical.

I listen to the radio while I'm preparing lunch or cleaning up after lunch. So I'm shifting my attention back and forth. I made a mistake but the essence of my point hasn't changed as stated in my opening post.

Trumpster
04-04-2019, 02:52 PM
This proves what? That other factors play a role in addition to genes? And?

It shows that genes are not the all important factor as many people may think. For someone, like Rush, to reinforce the idea that genes and luck are the major factors behind health and longevity, well, it sort of destroys the concept of the need to take personal responsibility. In effect it says if you're healthy, like Keith, you're lucky and if you're unhealthy, like Mick Jagger, it's either bad luck or you're a victim of your genes. It's victimologgy.

Mister D
04-04-2019, 03:34 PM
It shows that genes are not the all important factor as many people may think. For someone, like Rush, to reinforce the idea that genes and luck are the major factors behind health and longevity, well, it sort of destroys the concept of the need to take personal responsibility. In effect it says if you're healthy, like Keith, you're lucky and if you're unhealthy, like Mick Jagger, it's either bad luck or you're a victim of your genes. It's victimologgy.
But they are important. Rush is obviously correct in that regard. I don't agree that this would then mean a healthy lifestyle is pointless but then what does that even mean? General ideas like eating a balanced diet and getting exercise are all that's really worth listening to. I suspect that was Limbaugh's point. There are kooks out there giving you all sort of contradictory and useless advice. As Mr. V said, be skeptical. Not all is in our power.

Trumpster
04-04-2019, 04:13 PM
But they are important. Rush is obviously correct in that regard. I don't agree that this would then mean a healthy lifestyle is pointless but then what does that even mean? General ideas like eating a balanced diet and getting exercise are all that's really worth listening to. I suspect that was Limbaugh's point. There are kooks out there giving you all sort of contradictory and useless advice. As Mr. V said, be skeptical. Not all is in our power.

I can see you're trying hard to give Limbaugh the benefit of the doubt but I believe your loyalty on this issue is misplaced.

I'm not trying to fool you. I have listened to Rush do this over and over again throughout the years and the message I always hear is that it doesn't pay to try to be healthy. And it was basically the same this time. On many occasions he would even go so far as to ridicule those who try to eat a healthy diet. He would say things like, (Paraphrasing) "You know, even those who eat carrots every day are still going to get sick and die at some point."

After reading my opening post, what point do you think he's trying to make? This is the point: Mick Jagger was (supposedly) living a healthy lifestyle and where did it get him? It was all a waste of time!

MisterVeritis
04-04-2019, 04:16 PM
I can see you're trying hard to give Limbaugh the benefit of the doubt but I believe your loyalty on this issue is misplaced.

I'm not trying to fool you. I have listened to Rush do this over and over again throughout the years and the message I always hear is that it doesn't pay to try to be healthy. And it was basically the same this time. On many occasions he would even go so far as to ridicule those who try to eat a healthy diet. He would say things like, (Paraphrasing) "You know, even those who eat carrots every day are still going to get sick and die at some point."

After reading my opening post, what point do you think he's trying to make? This is the point: Mick Jagger was supposedly living a healthy lifestyle and where did it get him? It was all a waste of time!
That is not what he said nor that is what he intended. His message was simple. Be skeptical.

Now you know.

Trumpster
04-04-2019, 04:23 PM
That is not what he said nor that is what he intended. His message was simple. Be skeptical.

Right, be skeptical of living a healthy lifestyle. Mick Jagger tried it and look where it got him.

MisterVeritis
04-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Right, be skeptical of living a healthy lifestyle. Mick Jagger tried it and look where it got him.
Why must you be stupid?

Cotton1
04-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Of course they do. I can't believe we're even discussing this but we live in a time when laymen still believe in the blank slate conception of human beings.

Aka "tabula rasa"

Cotton1
04-05-2019, 01:01 AM
Vegans are very strange people and have a tendency to be utterly divorced from reality regarding certain topics.

True. Its interesting how many common traits vegans share. "divorced from reality " is certainly one of them. Thankfully reality does better without them so no big loss. A gain . actually

Trumpster
04-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Why must you be stupid?

You really show what a classy guy you are when you resort to name calling.

MisterVeritis
04-05-2019, 11:19 AM
You really show what a classy guy you are when you resort to name calling.
I cannot help that you are lacking.

Trumpster
04-05-2019, 11:31 AM

I just visited Rush's website and saw what was posted and apparently it has been edited.

Trumpster
04-05-2019, 11:35 AM
I cannot help that you are lacking.

Sounds like the guy who beats his wife and then blames her because she's always nagging him.

MisterVeritis
04-05-2019, 02:13 PM
Sounds like the guy who beats his wife and then blames her because she's always nagging him.
I sound like a guy who listened to the show and understood the point. You sound like a guy who never will understand it.

I would suggest you stop while you are ahead. But you are not ahead.

Tahuyaman
04-05-2019, 02:42 PM
What's the big deal with this?

MisterVeritis
04-05-2019, 04:38 PM
What's the big deal with this?
One individual had great difficulty understanding a very simple concept.

Common Sense
04-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Maybe Rush wants to get back on the opioids and is looking for justification. ;)

Tahuyaman
04-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Maybe Rush wants to get back on the opioids and is looking for justification. ;)

You're on a roll today. Thusc was your second dumb comment.

Common Sense
04-05-2019, 04:57 PM
You're on a roll today. Thusc was your second dumb comment.

Thusc was a joke...lighten up Francis.

Captdon
04-05-2019, 05:07 PM

Well, you heard it from Rush - (who looks like $#@!)

Pet Cemetary.

Captdon
04-05-2019, 05:10 PM

After reading my opening post, what point do you think he's trying to make? This is the point: Mick Jagger was (supposedly) living a healthy lifestyle and where did it get him? It was all a waste of time!

Maybe Richards has better genes.

Tahuyaman
04-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Thusc was a joke...lighten up Francis.uh.....ok Nancy.

Trumpster
04-06-2019, 09:17 AM

All of Rush's comments, where he drew conclusions from the comparison, were edited out. Why were they edited out? James Golden, AKA Bo Snerdley, is the call screener, producer, and engineer for the Rush Limbaugh show and he might have had something to do with it. Why? He's a vegan.

Trumpster
04-06-2019, 09:26 AM

And.......where do you go from there? You just leave it at that? No, if you believe that genes are the most important thing, then good health is a matter of luck. You're either lucky to have good genes or unlucky to have bad genes. Why bother trying to be healthy?

It destroys the concept of needing to take personal responsibility. If you believe what he says, then you can blame all of your ills on your genes. You will become a victim of your genes.

Captdon
04-06-2019, 10:21 AM
And.......where do you go from there? You just leave it at that? No, if you believe that genes are the most important thing, then good health is a matter of luck. You're either lucky to have good genes or unlucky to have bad genes. Why bother trying to be healthy?

It destroys the concept of needing to take personal responsibility. If you believe what he says, then you can blame all of your ills on your genes. You will become a victim of your genes.

You project too much. I said none of those things. I did say that you can't ignore genes and you can't. If you knew a little about this, you would know that some things are inherited. My chances of getting cancer are above average because of my family history. I don't have it but I beat the odds. I didn't with cardiac problems.

Diets and exercise and a general healthy lifestyle is important but it isn't the whole ball of wax. I take responsibility for what I do. I am not a victim of my genes. I got a slight case of TB because of someone else. I became deaf because of mistaken care. I have a bad back from the workI do.

You put words in my posts that weren't here. That's the sign of a feeble mind, which may it not be inherited.

Trumpster
04-06-2019, 03:21 PM
You project too much. I said none of those things. I did say that you can't ignore genes and you can't. If you knew a little about this, you would know that some things are inherited. My chances of getting cancer are above average because of my family history. I don't have it but I beat the odds. I didn't with cardiac problems.

I wasn't putting words in your mouth, I wasn't projecting, and I never said that genes don't play a role. I was simply responding to your post that said, "Maybe Richards has better genes." If you had posted, "You can't ignore genes." I would have agreed. Nowhere on this thread did I ever say that genes don't play a role. As a matter of fact I even gave you an example of women who have genes for breast cancer. Some times they get cancer and sometimes they don't. That's because lifestyle can turn a gene on or keep a gene turned off. And the same goes for most diseases. I once did some online research and learned that only 3 to 5% of cancers are genetic. That information came from the CDC. Cancer runs in my family too but so far at age 78 I don't have it.

My objection was with Rush because he cherry picks examples where people supposedly try to be healthy but fail. The problem is that he has no details whatsoever of what the person was really doing. He simply proclaims them to be trying and compares them with someone else who was supposedly not trying. And, in the past, he has often said things like, "nobody knows what's healthy." Then he goes through the litany of foods that people are in doubt about (butter vs margarine etc.).

I don't know what form of heart disease you have but there is a dietary remedy for cardiovascular disease. In other words, it can be prevented or reversed for people who already have it. The remedy calls for certain dietary measures, exercise and stress control.

Captdon
04-07-2019, 10:43 AM
I wasn't putting words in your mouth, I wasn't projecting, and I never said that genes don't play a role. I was simply responding to your post that said, "Maybe Richards has better genes." If you had posted, "You can't ignore genes." I would have agreed. Nowhere on this thread did I ever say that genes don't play a role. As a matter of fact I even gave you an example of women who have genes for breast cancer. Some times they get cancer and sometimes they don't. That's because lifestyle can turn a gene on or keep a gene turned off. And the same goes for most diseases. I once did some online research and learned that only 3 to 5% of cancers are genetic. That information came from the CDC. Cancer runs in my family too but so far at age 78 I don't have it.

My objection was with Rush because he cherry picks examples where people supposedly try to be healthy but fail. The problem is that he has no details whatsoever of what the person was really doing. He simply proclaims them to be trying and compares them with someone else who was supposedly not trying. And, in the past, he has often said things like, "nobody knows what's healthy." Then he goes through the litany of foods that people are in doubt about (butter vs margarine etc.).

I don't know what form of heart disease you have but there is a dietary remedy for cardiovascular disease. In other words, it can be prevented or reversed for people who already have it. The remedy calls for certain dietary measures, exercise and stress control.

Maybe Richards has better genes. He certainly doesn't live a healthy lifestyle. He looks like a corpse but he isn't one.

MisterVeritis
04-07-2019, 10:52 AM

I can not understand how you missed his, Limbaugh's, essential point. It is sufficient that you did.

Dr. Who
04-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Some people are born with a defect that doesn't become apparent until they are older. That may be the case with Jagger and sometimes that kind of defect is actually inherited.

AZ Jim
04-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Can you be more specific? I'm not sure what you're not understanding. (I don't watch TV)It would be impossible to watch TV with your head up your ass.

Trumpster
04-08-2019, 09:34 AM

There once was a wealthy man who was accused of just being lucky to have so much wealth. And he replied, "Yes, the harder I worked, the luckier I got." I believe the same thing applies to health. If someone concentrates of cultivating healthy habits and maintains excellent health, the average person will interpret his or her success as just being lucky, or lucky to have good genes.

Trumpster
04-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Epigenetics: How to Change Your Bad Genes Into Good Genes

http://www.shrinkinguy.com/blog/epigenetics-change-your-sick-genes-to-healthy-genes

Trumpster
04-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Epigenetics, Methylation, and Gene Expression

https://robbwolf.com/2013/04/10/epigenetics-methylation-gene-expression/

Our DNA we are stuck with, but our gene expression can be altered.

Mister D
04-08-2019, 10:49 AM
There once was a wealthy man who was accused of just being lucky to have so much wealth. And he replied, "Yes, the harder I worked, the luckier I got." I believe the same thing applies to health. If someone concentrates of cultivating healthy habits and maintains excellent health, the average person will interpret his or her success as just being lucky, or lucky to have good genes.

If someone drinks kale shakes for breakfast every morning and still winds up with colon cancer I would consider him decidedly unlucky. Your average person understands that not everything is in our power. Bad things happen to good, cautious and careful people.

Trumpster
04-09-2019, 10:58 AM
If someone drinks kale shakes for breakfast every morning and still winds up with colon cancer I would consider him decidedly unlucky. Your average person understands that not everything is in our power. Bad things happen to good, cautious and careful people.

This is a common complaint. I have a relative with a serious health condition. And he says he can't understand why because he always ate fresh vegetables from his garden. Well, the problem with that line of thinking is that it's not only about the healthy things he eats, it's also about the highly processed, unhealthy foods that he eats. And I happen to know he does a lot of socializing. He belongs to several clubs and is either inviting people over to his house or is getting invited over to someone else's house. And all of this socializing calls for the consumption of cakes, pies, cookies, donuts, and ice cream, pizza etc. And even when he's not socializing he likes to have a bowl of ice cream everyday. So, the fact that he eats fresh vegetables from his garden is not going to cancel out the harmful things he has in his diet.

In addition to that example, there are other things that can have a negative impact. For example: 1) a high protein low fiber diet. 2) Chronic inflammation resulting from a high percentage of body fat. 3) Chronic stress. 4) Lack of exercise

So unless a person has all the bases covered with a near-perfect lifestyle, the cause of cancer could be something other than genes. As a matter of fact, it's highly likely to be caused by lifestyle because the CDC says that only 3 to 5% of cancers are caused by genes.

AZ Jim
04-09-2019, 01:36 PM
No. You didn't hear it from Rush. If you listened to Limbaugh you wouldn't be so ignorant.Rush is a bloated lying pos (and so are his followers)

MisterVeritis
04-09-2019, 04:50 PM
If you listened to Limbaugh you wouldn't be so ignorant.

Rush is a bloated lying pos (and so are his followers)
If you listened to Limbaugh you wouldn't be so ignorant. It is clear you do not.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Rush is a bloated lying pos (and so are his followers)

He lied? Specifically what did he lie about?

Captdon
04-11-2019, 03:23 PM

If he dies of cancer at 29 he was unlucky no matter what health habits he has.

Captdon
04-11-2019, 03:26 PM
The bottom line is my mother, her mother and her mother had serious heart problems. My daughter inherited from me. She caught it early. That was not her genes. Her daughter had a valve replaced. There you have six generations. I think it was the genes,

Trumpster
04-12-2019, 10:57 AM
The bottom line is my mother, her mother and her mother had serious heart problems. My daughter inherited from me. She caught it early. That was not her genes. Her daughter had a valve replaced. There you have six generations. I think it was the genes,

It sounds like it could be genetic. I tried to find out online but can't seem to get a straight answer.

Cotton1
04-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Reading the stories of the hedonism of the Stones its amazing any of them are still alive. Im not sure Richards is, he looks like a corpse :)

Mister D
04-12-2019, 07:57 PM
It sounds like it could be genetic. I tried to find out online but can't seem to get a straight answer.

That's because there isn't one. We've been trying to explain that to you all along.

MisterVeritis
04-12-2019, 09:52 PM
Reading the stories of the hedonism of the Stones its amazing any of them are still alive. Im not sure Richards is, he looks like a corpse :)
Richards looks bad but is in good health. Jagger looks good but is in poor health.

Trumpster
04-13-2019, 02:49 PM
That's because there isn't one. We've been trying to explain that to you all along.

I was trying to find an explanation that would satisfy capdon, in which case I was going to provide a link. Although, I had already provided two links about epigenetics and gene expression.

There's a book I read many years ago, "The Biology of Belief", by a professor of biology, Bruce H. Lipton, PhD, which included a statement to sum it up very well: "Genes are not our destiny".

Trumpster
04-13-2019, 03:07 PM

https://www.bing.com/search?q=What triggers heart valve degeneration%3F&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=what triggers heart valve degeneration%3F&sc=0-39&sk=&cvid=1F807D5AE19843D7B5B4BA8C2CFBFF69

They don't say it but degenerative disease can be accelerated or retarded by way of lifestyle choices.

Trumpster
04-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Richards looks bad but is in good health. Jagger looks good but is in poor health.

Richards is in good health? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-489650/New-health-fears-Keith-Richards-erratic-awards-appearance.html

The musician, who takes daily medication to prevent seizures after brain surgery last year, struggled to stay upright and slurred his way through his acceptance speech.

Now that he's 75, how many medications does he take every day? The average 75 year old takes 3 or more medications per day. And 5 or more is not uncommon.

At age 75, the same question goes to Mick Jaggar.

They both look much older than 75. I've met centenarians who look a lot better.

MisterVeritis
04-13-2019, 06:36 PM
Richards is in good health? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-489650/New-health-fears-Keith-Richards-erratic-awards-appearance.html

Now that he's 75, how many medications does he take every day? The average 75 year old takes 3 or more medications per day. And 5 or more is not uncommon.

At age 75, the same question goes to Mick Jaggar.

They both look much older than 75. I've met centenarians who look a lot better.
Why must you take things out of context?

Captdon
04-13-2019, 08:05 PM
I was trying to find an explanation that would satisfy capdon, in which case I was going to provide a link. Although, I had already provided two links about epigenetics and gene expression.

There's a book I read many years ago, "The Biology of Belief", by a professor of biology, Bruce H. Lipton, PhD, which included a statement to sum it up very well: "Genes are not our destiny".

And I gave you an example where 6 generations had heart problems. That 6 generations in a straight line. 1 to 6. My great-grandmother, he daughter, her daughter, her son, my daughter and her daughter. It mahgo back farther but we don't know.

You can't believe it was bad health choices.my daughter is a fanatic on food and other health habits. I wasn't and we both ended up in the same boat. You argument fails.

Trumpster
04-15-2019, 10:28 AM
Why must you take things out of context?

Explain the context.

MisterVeritis
04-15-2019, 10:29 AM
Explain the context.
The context was a comparison of Richards and Jagger. It was not a discussion of everybody.

Trumpster
04-15-2019, 11:06 AM
And I gave you an example where 6 generations had heart problems. That 6 generations in a straight line. 1 to 6. My great-grandmother, he daughter, her daughter, her son, my daughter and her daughter. It mahgo back farther but we don't know.

If it's genetic, it should be fairly easy to prove with a link. But I couldn't find it. And, if it is genetic, the gene does not have to be expressed.

You said your daughter is a fanatic on food and other health habits. What exactly does that mean? A survey was done about this and 90% of people said they were eating a healthy diet. Considering the health status of Americans today, a large percentage of those who were surveyed are mistaken. For example, the average American eats more than twice the amount of their daily requirement for protein. Another example: The average American consumes less than half their daily requirement of fiber, and fiber is essential for many functions including the immune system.

The only thing I could find online is "congenital malformation" which is a condition found in a baby at birth.

Trumpster
04-15-2019, 11:37 AM
The context was a comparison of Richards and Jagger. It was not a discussion of everybody.

You said Richards looks bad but is in good health. Jagger looks good but is in poor health. And I was challenging your assessment. If the average 75 year old takes 3 or more medications per day, why would they be any different? Have they been living healthier lifestyles than the average person?

How would you know that Richards is in good health? How could you possibly know the exact health status of either one of them? Did they release their medical records to the public?

MisterVeritis
04-15-2019, 11:39 AM
You said Richards looks bad but is in good health. Jagger looks good but is in poor health. And I was challenging your assessment. If the average 75 year old takes 3 or more medications per day, why would they be any different. Have they been living healthier lifestyles than the average person?

Also, how would you know that Richards is in good health? How could you possibly know the exact health status of either one of them? Did they release their medical records to the public?
Go play with yourself. You took Limbaugh's comments out of context. I don't know why this gives you the thrill it does.

Trumpster
04-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Go play with yourself. You took Limbaugh's comments out of context. I don't know why this gives you the thrill it does.

Don't be a sore loser just because you couldn't answer 3 simple questions. Rush wouldn't be able to answer them either, if that's any consolation.