PDA

View Full Version : Trump administration nearly doubles H-2B guest visa program, which brings many Mexica

Peter1469
04-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Trump administration nearly doubles H-2B guest visa program, which brings many Mexican workers (https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-administration-nearly-doubles-H-2B-guest-13746943.php)

I hope they have conducted a throughout analysis to determine whether this is needed or not. I tend to suspect that they have not.

As President Donald Trump threatened to shut down the U.S.-Mexico border in recent days, his Department of Homeland Security nearly doubled the number of temporary guest worker visas available this summer.

DHS and the Labor Department plan to grant an additional 30,000 H-2B visas this summer on top of the 33,000 H-2B visas they had planned to give out, the agencies confirmed.

The H-2B visa is for foreign workers to come to the United States and work for several months at a company such as a landscaper, amusement park or hotel. About 80 percent of these visas went to people from Mexico and Central America last year, government data show.

MMC
04-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Trump administration nearly doubles H-2B guest visa program, which brings many Mexican workers (https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-administration-nearly-doubles-H-2B-guest-13746943.php)

I hope they have conducted a throughout analysis to determine whether this is needed or not. I tend to suspect that they have not.

Trump should scale off.....doing this won't get the Demos to do anything about Illegal Immigration. Playing nicey nice with Democrats. Just isnt the way to move forward.

Peter1469
04-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Trump should scale off.....doing this won't get the Demos to do anything about Illegal Immigration. Playing nicey nice with Democrats. Just isnt the way to move forward.
That and we need a total overhaul of our immigration system. We need to encourage people the US needs and prohibit people we don't need. End the lottery. End chain migration. Demand people who want to come here benefit the US.

Luther
04-07-2019, 11:45 AM

I hope they have conducted a throughout analysis

"He that lives on "Hope" will die fasting"

- Ben Franklin

A long story short , Trump hasn't a clue to the fire he is playing with(Immigration)

All he thinks about is what they might do for our economy to give him better numbers, not all the unintended consequences that would follow

By the way, how may know that these legal visa holders can just overstay their visa and become illegal? Nice huh?

Yep, it's all part of MAGA(Rolling eyes)

Luther
04-07-2019, 11:50 AM
This is not the first time this buffoon has done chit like this:slap:

The Trump administration acted Monday to allow 15,000 more visas for temporary seasonal workers this year.
Under authority provided by Congress, the Secretary of Homeland Security is permitted to allow the additional visas after determining that the needs of U.S. businesses can't be satisfied with Americans willing and qualified to do the work.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-administration-allows-15-000-temporary-worker-visas-n783706

IMPress Polly
04-07-2019, 12:01 PM
But wait, I thought it was just ILLEGAL immigration that conservatives were against, remember?

This is all about respect for the semantics of the law and not, you know, race, language, that sort of thing...riiiiiight? :wink:

Peter1469
04-07-2019, 12:25 PM
But wait, I thought it was just ILLEGAL immigration that conservatives were against, remember?

This is all about respect for the semantics of the law and not, you know, race, language, that sort of thing...riiiiiight? :wink:
Peruse the though that the entire immigration system needs reform.

IMPress Polly
04-07-2019, 12:44 PM

And by "reform", I suspect you mean abolition.

Peter1469
04-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Absolutely not. Did you read my position above? If so, how could you possibly come to that conclusion.

IMPress Polly
04-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Absolutely not. Did you read my position above? If so, how could you possibly come to that conclusion.

I re-read it. Fair enough.

I mean I think that the White House is obviously responding to the influx of refugees and immigrants we're having that's at least partially owed to this very administration's elevated threats to do things like building more border wall urgently and close the border even. People rush in when they think the window for migration is closing and they won't get another chance. Also, there are crises going on in Latin America, such as what we see in Venezuela above all lately. They're obviously responding to that by striving to provide more legal channels for at least some of that migration that's inevitable. Maybe they could do more to stem the tide by shutting up for a while about the wall.

Luther
04-07-2019, 01:19 PM
Good luck with that!

Here is the most extensive study ever on immigration and the congress just poo pooed it.

550,000 a year was their recommendations folks . It's double that now and the vain politicians would like to increase it even more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMywOal05s0&t=13s

Luther
04-07-2019, 01:23 PM

Illegal immigration is a "sideshow" compared to legal

Captdon
04-07-2019, 02:05 PM

I mean I think that the White House is obviously responding to the influx of refugees and immigrants we're having that's at least partially owed to this very administration's elevated threats to do things like building more border wall urgently and close the border even. People rush in when they think the window for migration is closing and they won't get another chance. Also, there are crises going on in Latin America, such as what we see in Venezuela above all lately. They're obviously responding to that by striving to provide more legal channels for at least some of that migration that's inevitable. Maybe they could do more to stem the tide by shutting up for a while about the wall.

You aren't even on the same page. Work visas are for specific kinds of workers. They are for the ones we need. The problem of them overstaying is a lack of law enforcement. These visas are the way it should work. The enforcing of them is the problem.

We don't need someone's trash.

Cthulhu
04-07-2019, 02:08 PM
That and we need a total overhaul of our immigration system. We need to encourage people the US needs and prohibit people we don't need. End the lottery. End chain migration. Demand people who want to come here benefit the US.Exactly this.

But even then, I'd put a halt to all immigration for about 20 ish years. Get over the indigestion before thinking about taking any more.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Captdon
04-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Exactly this.

But even then, I'd put a halt to all immigration for about 20 ish years. Get over the indigestion before thinking about taking any more.

And do what about the shortages we have?

MMC
04-07-2019, 03:00 PM

As you can see the leftists don't even have a clue as to why Trump started giving out the Visas. Despite wanting a meritorious system for immigration.

Notice how the leftness don't say shit about the Demos refusing to give up Chain Migration, or ending the Diversity Lottery Visa Program.

Nor how the Demos wont end sanctuary cities. Nor about the Demos wanting illegals to vote. Just to name a few.

Trump thinking and showing the Demos he would approve more Visas wont get them to negotiate.

Peter1469
04-07-2019, 04:26 PM

I would like to see a new well though out immigration plan. Not ad hoc actions.

MMC
04-07-2019, 04:28 PM

The Repubs are also passing the buck. They aren't out there talking about trying to fix anything. They aren't coming up with any plans and they certainly aren't making it point to get in front of the cameras.

roadmaster
04-07-2019, 04:33 PM
If you listened carefully in his speeches he wants to bring many here. That is the first thing I noticed. Oh just came out DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen Expected To Resign

Captdon
04-07-2019, 06:43 PM

I would like that too. However this isn't wrong. We do need certain people. We have to make sure they don't overstay. That's an enforcement problem. If we can't do that then we may as well give up.

ripmeister
04-07-2019, 06:47 PM

I'm pretty much with you on this Peter although it does come down to the definition of who benefits the country. As an aside Fareed Zacharias column today regarding immigration is worth looking at.

roadmaster
04-07-2019, 06:52 PM
And like I said they are fighting with Mexico at their southern border. Our media doesn't show this.

https://youtu.be/6p8qt51BORk

ripmeister
04-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Exactly this.

We aren't having babies like we used to. Immigration is necessary to keep the population of prime aged workers in the country otherwise our economy will suffer. Just look at China and Russia.

ripmeister
04-07-2019, 06:55 PM
I would like that too. However this isn't wrong. We do need certain people. We have to make sure they don't overstay. That's an enforcement problem. If we can't do that then we may as well give up.
I don't know what the solution is to this. It's a big country and easy to be anonymous.

Luther
04-08-2019, 02:48 AM
We aren't having babies like we used to. Immigration is necessary to keep the population of prime aged workers in the country otherwise our economy will suffer. Just look at China and Russia.

We aren't having babies like we used to. Immigration is necessary to keep the population

Oh I see, so instead of addressing to why we're not producing we'll go ahead and open another can of worms!

Got it!!!!(Rolling eyes)

Peter1469
04-08-2019, 03:29 AM
It is counterproductive to take in millions of sub-high school educated people that will end up being on the welfare dole.

Cthulhu
04-08-2019, 04:50 AM
Adapt and overcome. It would inspire companies to hire and train what they need from local stock.

We aren't having babies like we used to. Immigration is necessary to keep the population of prime aged workers in the country otherwise our economy will suffer. Just look at China and Russia.Lower taxes and create incentives to have children, it isn't rocket science.

I'd anybody needs a tutorial on how to have kids - I'm an expert.

I've got five. So I think I'm qualified.

Luther
04-08-2019, 05:40 AM
Adapt and overcome. It would inspire companies to hire and train what they need from local stock.

Lower taxes and create incentives to have children, it isn't rocket science.

Get real guy

46% of Americans don't even pay A Fed income tax(last count)

The Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit

https://www.epi.org/publication/ib370-earned-income-tax-credit-and-the-child-tax-credit-history-purpose-goals-and-effectiveness/

Maybe it has more to do with the push to go to college and feminism ?

Maybe it has more to do with becoming ever more a Godless society?

ripmeister
04-08-2019, 10:41 AM
It is counterproductive to take in millions of sub-high school educated people that will end up being on the welfare dole.
Agreed. The focus should be on those that can contribute in a meaningful way although there are also many unskilled labor jobs that employers are desperate to fill.

ripmeister
04-08-2019, 10:41 AM
Lower taxes and create incentives to have children, it isn't rocket science.

You have definitely been productive.

donttread
04-08-2019, 08:05 PM

LOL. Sounds about right. We want to deal with illegal immigration. But we are not willing to pay the predictable increase in the price of say food. Bring in temporary "legal" Mexicans in order to push down the labor prices.

Tahuyaman
04-08-2019, 09:38 PM

Hold it. I thought Trump was a racist and opposed all immigration from nations to our south?

Tahuyaman
04-08-2019, 09:42 PM

There’s an odd interpretation of Peter’s comment.

Peter1469
04-09-2019, 04:30 AM
Agreed. The focus should be on those that can contribute in a meaningful way although there are also many unskilled labor jobs that employers are desperate to fill.

We should require needed skills to immigrate to the US. Much of the unskilled labor can be done by seasonal worker positions. That need not be part of an immigration route, although it could be.

Luther
04-09-2019, 04:46 AM
We should require needed skills to immigrate to the US. Much of the unskilled labor can be done by seasonal worker positions. That need not be part of an immigration route, although it could be.

We should require needed skills to immigrate to the US

Have you ever thought of giving our own citizenry the skills?

Have you ever thought of to "why" we need skilled labor in the first place?

Trump doesn't

Peter1469
04-09-2019, 04:57 AM

Trump doesn't
Yes. Although people are largely responsible for their out educational outcomes.

Yes.

I don't know what Trump thinks.

Luther
04-09-2019, 05:10 AM
Yes. Although people are largely responsible for their out educational outcomes. Yes.I don't know what Trump thinks.
I don't know what Trump thinks.I do...... Instead of trying to reform our own ill's, he wants to open up a whole another can of worms(Or keep the worms going)We're suppose to be the greatest country on earth no?Why on earth does the greatest county on earth need high skilled tech workers?Think about it

Captdon
04-09-2019, 02:43 PM
I don't know what the solution is to this. It's a big country and easy to be anonymous.

If they are needed they aren't going to go rogue on us. They'd want the money too much.The ones who come as students are the problem.

Captdon
04-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Oh I see, so instead of addressing to why we're not producing we'll go ahead and open another can of worms!

Got it!!!!(Rolling eyes)

The why? people don't want children as much as before. Some people don't want the responsibility or the cost. The why is easy. The solution to it is that there isn't one nor should there be.

Captdon
04-09-2019, 02:47 PM

I thought you liked the guest worker idea.

Captdon
04-09-2019, 02:49 PM

Trump doesn't

He knows as much as you do. We need people can do a job right. That's all there is to it.

Captdon
04-09-2019, 02:50 PM
I do...... Instead of trying to reform our own ill's, he wants to open up a whole another can of worms(Or keep the worms going)We're suppose to be the greatest country on earth no?Why on earth does the greatest county on earth need high skilled tech workers?Think about it

How do you think we are going to stay on top of the tech world if we don't have the people who know how to do it? Want to start a draft?

Luther
04-10-2019, 03:25 AM
The why? people don't want children as much as before. Some people don't want the responsibility or the cost. The why is easy. The solution to it is that there isn't one nor should there be.

Dude , you crack me up!(LOL)

The why? people don't want children as much as before.

Some people don't want the responsibility or the cost.

Pray tell why you think that is?(Hint:It never use to be that way buddy)

The solution to it is that there isn't one nor should there be.

There is, you just haven't figured it out

You would rather open up more unintended consequences right(LOL)?

Holy chit!!!

Luther
04-10-2019, 03:30 AM
He knows as much as you do. We need people can do a job right. That's all there is to it.

He knows as much as you do.

Wrong

On immigration he is a buffoon or ignorant

Luther
04-10-2019, 03:32 AM
How do you think we are going to stay on top of the tech world if we don't have the people who know how to do it? Want to start a draft?

How do you think we are going to stay on top of the tech world

By educating our own(what a concept)

if we don't have the people who know how to do it?

See above

Peter1469
04-10-2019, 03:44 AM
I do...... Instead of trying to reform our own ill's, he wants to open up a whole another can of worms(Or keep the worms going)We're suppose to be the greatest country on earth no?Why on earth does the greatest county on earth need high skilled tech workers?Think about it

I have mentioned before that we need to study exactly what the US needs. I would be very surprised if such a study showed we don't need any highly educated and trained people. After all it was Germans who gave us the Bomb, and spaceflight.

Peter1469
04-10-2019, 03:49 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Peter1469 http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=2574336#post2574336)

I do.

What you are quoting isn't part of a guest worker program.

Luther
04-10-2019, 03:55 AM

So there is no one on welfare rolls the can do it?

Luther
04-10-2019, 03:56 AM

Luther
04-10-2019, 04:06 AM
I have mentioned before that we need to study exactly what the US needs. I would be very surprised if such a study showed we don't need any highly educated and trained people. After all it was Germans who gave us the Bomb, and spaceflight.

After all it was Germans who gave us the Bomb, and spaceflight.

These were top scientist(Top genius level)

Not your average tech worker which are in the thousands

I would be very surprised if such a study showed we don't need any highly educated and trained people.

Then what the heck has our education system been doing all this time?

Peter1469
04-10-2019, 04:47 AM

I realize the German scientists were the cream of the crop. That is sort of my point. Those are the people we want. That should answer both of your points.

Luther
04-10-2019, 04:50 AM
I realize the German scientists were the cream of the crop. That is sort of my point. Those are the people we want. That should answer both of your points.

But that is not what we're doing. There isn't a lot of this cream of the crop. They're a very slim minority

About 65,000 H1b visas are admitted yearly

Holy chit!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2018/04/23/h-1b-visas-all-gone-for-16th-straight-year/#689ea6196b04

Cthulhu
04-10-2019, 04:59 AM
We should require needed skills to immigrate to the US. Much of the unskilled labor can be done by seasonal worker positions. That need not be part of an immigration route, although it could be.A great deal of seasonal work can and should be done by kids in their teenage years.

The benefits are two fold, we instill work ethics which seem to have vaporized with certain generations, and we don't have Muppets complaining about this ridiculous "living wage" nonsense.

Not all work should be something you depend on to feed your family.

... And it is another reason for the natives to increase the birth rate so that we aren't extinct later on.

This is just common sense guys.

Luther
04-10-2019, 05:18 AM
A great deal of seasonal work can and should be done by kids in their teenage years.

The benefits are two fold, we instill work ethics which seem to have vaporized with certain generations, and we don't have Muppets complaining about this ridiculous "living wage" nonsense.

... And it is another reason for the natives to increase the birth rate so that we aren't extinct later on.

Good points

... And it is another reason for the natives to increase the birth rate so that we aren't extinct later on

That is easy said than done

In 2014(if you didn't hear) for the fist time since records were kept, There are now more single people than married

Also, Feminism has done it's job well . There is such a push for females to go to college, It even now starts in elementary school for this push. They have kids later and fewer kids

Also, Christianity is on the decline

Mormons and newly immigrants are the ones having a lot of kids

donttread
04-10-2019, 08:33 AM

Then let's educate them and train them here. I know a young fella who has taken a very long time to get a job in his field and he's an engineer. Nothing to do with space flight.
Again we have the ability to live off our own resources , human and natural. The attempt to NOT DO SO has been disasterous. So no one really cares if we "import" and top level Nuclear expert occasionally . But we are importing Indian kids to work as engineers cheaper than American kids, and that's if there is still room in the college for the american kids. Enough is enough.

donttread
04-10-2019, 08:40 AM
So I wonder what the scene was like at the White House.
Trump" Wait, this might actually happen? Those crazy bastards might actually let be build this wall meant to be little more than a campaing concept? "Holy shit we better get some Mexicans in here legally to work on the cheap. Then so my rich friends don't have to suffer the natural increased cost of breakfast that reducing immigration brings with it!"

In fact I may have hit the nail on the head. The voters want what they want but are not willing to pay the predictable and natural price of getting what they want. They want all good and no bad. Like children. Is it any wonder the politicians pander to them as one might to a spoiled child who had a vote he needed?

Orion Rules
04-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Then let's educate them and train them here. I know a young fella who has taken a very long time to get a job in his field and he's an engineer. Nothing to do with space flight.
Again we have the ability to live off our own resources , human and natural. The attempt to NOT DO SO has been disasterous. So no one really cares if we "import" and top level Nuclear expert occasionally . But we are importing Indian kids to work as engineers cheaper than American kids, and that's if there is still room in the college for the american kids. Enough is enough.
So why does the President go along with things that turn out detrimental to his own 'nation' of followers? They said no more. Nationalism is taking care of one's own countrymen first, not importing further. The further away the President goes from what helps a nation become better...

He is being led astray by whomever are the best speakers.

Orion Rules
04-10-2019, 09:18 AM
So I wonder what the scene was like at the White House.
Trump" Wait, this might actually happen? Those crazy $#@!s might actually let be build this wall meant to be little more than a campaing concept? "Holy $#@! we better get some Mexicans in here legally to work on the cheap. Then so my rich friends don't have to suffer the natural increased cost of breakfast that reducing immigration brings with it!"

In fact I may have hit the nail on the head. The voters want what they want but are not willing to pay the predictable and natural price of getting what they want. They want all good and no bad. Like children. Is it any wonder the politicians pander to them as one might to a spoiled child who had a vote he needed?

What more are the voters supposed to pay? Those who are supposed to be 'in charge', are they just incompetent, don't care, are handled way too much by others, fear backlash, receive plenty of it, but it is still about money.

Yenom. Money. Bad omen is that same fancy.

The We the People already paid. Paid and paid and paid.

The wealthiest rich have not, and so the government that wants more revenue may go that way. >>>

Right after their backpockets, because even George Washington would know that the nation he helped form has gone awry.

MisterVeritis
04-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Do you think we have a labor shortage?

Captdon
04-10-2019, 04:32 PM
Dude , you crack me up!(LOL)

Pray tell why you think that is?(Hint:It never use to be that way buddy)

There is, you just haven't figured it out

You would rather open up more unintended consequences right(LOL)?

Holy chit!!!

Let's strat with this is 2019, not 1955. Fewer people want children than before. Do you ever listen to today's young people.

People don't want to wait until they get older to do what they want. Not everyone wants to be a parent. That was true before but you were shamed if you didn't have kids when I was young. I didn't want eight kids like my parents generation did.

There is no solution to our low birth rate. I have it but you don't know what you;re talking about. You don't understand your own posts. We can't make people have kids and we sure can't bribe them.

Frankly, you don't know what your talking about. I mean that literally.

Captdon
04-10-2019, 04:33 PM

Wrong

On immigration he is a buffoon or ignorant

No, that would be you.

Captdon
04-10-2019, 04:35 PM
By educating our own(what a concept)

See above

We can't educate people who don't want to be techs. Quit before you really look foolish. Are you 12?

Captdon
04-10-2019, 04:37 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Peter1469 http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=2574336#post2574336)

I do.

What you are quoting isn't part of a guest worker program.

What I said is a guest worker policy. People who come here to work are guest workers. I don't know what else to call them. If they become citizens they aren't here on visas.

Captdon
04-10-2019, 04:38 PM

Wise up, troll. Welfare as techs. What planet are you on.

Captdon
04-10-2019, 04:39 PM

Not educating you is apparent.

Captdon
04-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Do you think we have a labor shortage?

In certain fields we do. A generalization that we have more jobs than people looking for work is simplistic.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/18/18270916/labor-shortage-workers-us

MisterVeritis
04-10-2019, 04:51 PM
In certain fields we do. A generalization that we have more jobs than people looking for work is simplistic.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/18/18270916/labor-shortage-workers-us
We have 40 million people on welfare. We do not have a labor shortage.

ripmeister
04-10-2019, 04:53 PM
As Captdon said. Simplistic.

MisterVeritis
04-10-2019, 05:30 PM

As Captdon said. Simplistic.
We are bringing in poor, dumb, and often sick black and brown people from third world nations at a rate exceeding more than one million people per year. Are you claiming we need them instead of Americans to fill positions.

Captdon is wrong. So are you.

Tahuyaman
04-10-2019, 08:28 PM
I think we are at a point now where we need to stop or severely restrict immigration into the US in order to allow current immigrants to assimilate into American society. We are losing our culture in the name of multiculturalism.

Luther
04-11-2019, 04:58 AM
No, that would be you.

I see, a "Hit and run"(LOL)

Details! Details! (Rolling eyes)

Luther
04-11-2019, 05:24 AM
Let's strat with this is 2019, not 1955. Fewer people want children than before. Do you ever listen to today's young people.

People don't want to wait until they get older to do what they want. Not everyone wants to be a parent. That was true before but you were shamed if you didn't have kids when I was young. I didn't want eight kids like my parents generation did.

There is no solution to our low birth rate. I have it but you don't know what you;re talking about. You don't understand your own posts. We can't make people have kids and we sure can't bribe them.

You whole line of thinking is very typical. It's very much like the vain past and present politicians

It's like a doctor subscribing medicine that only comforts a disease and adds side effects, but doesn't cure the disese

Keep up the good work my fellow American!

Safety
04-11-2019, 06:11 AM
Hold it. I thought Trump was a racist and opposed all immigration from nations to our south?

That is stupid logic, it would be like saying slave owners were not racist because they allowed black people inside their home to clean.

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 06:24 AM
But that is not what we're doing. There isn't a lot of this cream of the crop. They're a very slim minority

About 65,000 H1b visas are admitted yearly

Holy chit!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2018/04/23/h-1b-visas-all-gone-for-16th-straight-year/#689ea6196b04

You are preaching to the choir. My position is pretty clearly stated.

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 06:31 AM
A great deal of seasonal work can and should be done by kids in their teenage years.

I agree with all of that. It is part of my position stated above.

Again, we need to rethink our entire immigration system to include the guest worker program. We should only admit people who benefit the US. Guest workers should be limited to just those needed above what the US can provide with its own citizens and not a single migrant more.

Yes, if Americans- productive ones- don't start reproducing more then demographics will doom the US. The current lefitst idea that immigration can solve the demographic problem is flawed in that admitting future welfare recipients only speeds up decline.

Luther
04-11-2019, 06:33 AM
You are preaching to the choir. My position is pretty clearly stated. .

You are preaching to the choir.

We're all preaching to the choir on a political forum(wink)

My position is pretty clearly stated.

Again, that is not what is happening

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 06:34 AM

Economic globalist (good, unlike cultural globalism) can work with your brand of localism. It is basically how I live. I get what I can locally and then look to the global marketplace for other things, mostly which are wants rather than needs. All of my needs can be satisfied locally.

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 06:37 AM

I think there are solutions to our demographic problem. Increase tax breaks to families who have children. It would have to be structured so only people who pay taxes benefit from it. (We don't need everyone breeding- we need the well off, smart people to.)

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 06:39 AM
What I said is a guest worker policy. People who come here to work are guest workers. I don't know what else to call them. If they become citizens they aren't here on visas.
They are on VISAs, just different types. The guest worker program is not by itself a path to citizenship. Their are other worker VISAs that are a path to citizenship.

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 06:40 AM

Unfortunately we can't force them to get a needed skill.

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 06:41 AM
I think we are at a point now where we need to stop or severely restrict immigration into the US in order to allow current immigrants to assimilate into American society. We are losing our culture in the name of multiculturalism.

The US has paused immigration for long periods of time in the past. We can do it again.

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 06:42 AM
We're all preaching to the choir on a political forum(wink)

Again, that is not what is happening
Yes, I have clearly said this.

donttread
04-11-2019, 07:14 AM

Simply a shortage on non-citizen labor. As citizen labor will raise the cost of certain goods. Fine with me , but not with all. Many want the price of their cake unaffected by the price of producing the wheat

MisterVeritis
04-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately we can't force them to get a needed skill.
Of course we can. We stop paying welfare to them. They work or they do not eat.

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 09:34 AM

I would think that has zero chance of passing Congress.

MisterVeritis
04-11-2019, 10:16 AM
I would think that has zero chance of passing Congress.
Sigh.

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Sigh.
If you think it could pass, what do you base it on?

Tahuyaman
04-11-2019, 10:43 AM
The US has paused immigration for long periods of time in the past. We can do it again.
We should.

MisterVeritis
04-11-2019, 10:48 AM
If you think it could pass, what do you base it on?
That was not the question. We do not need to bring in aliens to do work for us. We have plenty of laborers. We give them welfare so they do not have to work. Why turn it into a question of what will pass the Congress?

Tahuyaman
04-11-2019, 11:01 AM
That is stupid logic, it would be like saying slave owners were not racist because they allowed black people inside their home to clean.
That's one of the most ignorant analogies I've seen here.

Safety
04-11-2019, 11:24 AM

That let’s me know it was apropos. Anything you disagree with so heartily, means I was correct in its use.

nathanbforrest45
04-11-2019, 11:25 AM

Look at who is on the welfare roles (not their race). The welfare roles are made up largely of females living in urban areas. So unless you want to round up the welfare mothers and bus them to the fields (like the Russians did or the Chinese do) those on welfare are not good candidates for field workers.

In order to get people to take low income jobs you need to lower the benefits derived from welfare. Why should I go pick tomatoes for $15,000.00 a year when I can collect welfare worth 2 or 3 times that amount and do nothing except get another hair weave or piercing?

As far as the high tech jobs are concerned its a simple matter of economics. Foreign IT people work for less than native born, ergo they are more likely to be hired.

There is no moral reason the United States should be required to be the employment agency of the world. We are under no obligation to allow everyone who wants to cross our borders to do so, its pure folly and self destructive to continue our "immigration policies"

MisterVeritis
04-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Look at who is on the welfare roles (not their race). The welfare roles are made up largely of females living in urban areas. So unless you want to round up the welfare mothers and bus them to the fields (like the Russians did or the Chinese do) those on welfare are not good candidates for field workers.

In order to get people to take low income jobs you need to lower the benefits derived from welfare. Why should I go pick tomatoes for $15,000.00 a year when I can collect welfare worth 2 or 3 times that amount and do nothing except get another hair weave or piercing?

As far as the high tech jobs are concerned its a simple matter of economics. Foreign IT people work for less than native born, ergo they are more likely to be hired.

There is no moral reason the United States should be required to be the employment agency of the world. We are under no obligation to allow everyone who wants to cross our borders to do so, its pure folly and self destructive to continue our "immigration policies"
Stop paying undesirables to sit at home and breed.

nathanbforrest45
04-11-2019, 11:26 AM
That let’s me know it was apropos. Anything you disagree with so heartily, means I was correct in its use.

Well, that's particularly foolish.

Safety
04-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Well, that's particularly foolish.

Considering the source of your comment, I would say it was more of a self projection.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2019, 12:00 PM
Trump administration nearly doubles H-2B guest visa program, which brings many Mexican workers (https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-administration-nearly-doubles-H-2B-guest-13746943.php).

only a certifiable idiot or complete partisan hack would compare this to slavery.

Captdon
04-11-2019, 01:58 PM

We have a shortage of skilled labor. That's what I said.Welfare recipients can't do skilled labor. get over your ego and accept you're dead flat wrong. Or don't. You're wrong either way.

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/04/25/605092520/high-paying-trade-jobs-sit-empty-while-high-school-grads-line-up-for-university

Captdon
04-11-2019, 02:00 PM

We are bringing in poor, dumb, and often sick black and brown people from third world nations at a rate exceeding more than one million people per year. Are you claiming we need them instead of Americans to fill positions.

Captdon is wrong. So are you.

1. We aren't bring them in.

2. We need skilled workers we don't have.

3. I am correct.

4. You are embarrassing yourself. I pity you now.

Captdon
04-11-2019, 02:01 PM

Yes, we should restrict immigration to those skilled workers we need and don't have.

This one example:
https://www.weldingschool.com/blog/skilled-trades/a-guide-to-the-skilled-trades-shortage-in-2018/

Captdon
04-11-2019, 02:06 PM
You whole line of thinking is very typical. It's very much like the vain past and present politicians

It's like a doctor subscribing medicine that only comforts a disease and adds side effects, but doesn't cure the disese

Keep up the good work my fellow American!

You need to seek help before they come and take you.

Captdon
04-11-2019, 02:08 PM
I agree with all of that. It is part of my position stated above.

Again, we need to rethink our entire immigration system to include the guest worker program. We should only admit people who benefit the US. Guest workers should be limited to just those needed above what the US can provide with its own citizens and not a single migrant more.

Yes, if Americans- productive ones- don't start reproducing more then demographics will doom the US. The current lefitst idea that immigration can solve the demographic problem is flawed in that admitting future welfare recipients only speeds up decline.

I say guest worker and you go crazy.

Captdon
04-11-2019, 02:10 PM
I think there are solutions to our demographic problem. Increase tax breaks to families who have children. It would have to be structured so only people who pay taxes benefit from it. (We don't need everyone breeding- we need the well off, smart people to.)

Tell the millenials who don't want children we can bribe them with tax credits.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2019, 02:10 PM
He didn’t go crazy. He stated his view in a calm and rational way.

Captdon
04-11-2019, 02:15 PM
Simply a shortage on non-citizen labor. As citizen labor will raise the cost of certain goods. Fine with me , but not with all. Many want the price of their cake unaffected by the price of producing the wheat

A shortage of skilled labor. Lack of skilled workers means more cost to a company through overtime. That raises prices too.

MisterVeritis
04-11-2019, 02:20 PM
We have a shortage of skilled labor. That's what I said.Welfare recipients can't do skilled labor. get over your ego and accept you're dead flat wrong. Or don't. You're wrong either way.

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/04/25/605092520/high-paying-trade-jobs-sit-empty-while-high-school-grads-line-up-for-university
Don't be a buffoon. The people we are talking about are not skilled labor.

"The H-2B visa is for foreign workers to come to the United States and work for several months at a company such as a landscaper, amusement park or hotel. About 80 percent of these visas went to people from Mexico and Central America last year, government data show."

What is wrong with you?

Captdon
04-11-2019, 02:21 PM

They don't become skilled workers,. That's where the problem is. We can do without a floor sweepers but a machinist is part of the profit and not having one slows production and that slows profits. Not all skilled labor is college educated. My plumber makes 125,000 dollars a year.

Set your snobbery aside and wake up. Engineers can't build what they design. They'd be lost in the shop or the field. We need skilled labor and we don't have enough of it.

You're wrong about this. Every excuse you come up with will be wrong. While you are right about everything you still manage to be wrong about this. Learn before you teach.

MisterVeritis
04-11-2019, 02:23 PM
A shortage of skilled labor. Lack of skilled workers means more cost to a company through overtime. That raises prices too.
I tend to doubt we have a shortage of skilled labor. To test the theory a company wanting to import a foreign worker to take an American job should be compelled to pay a tax half the salary of the foreign worker on each imported worker. I think you would find companies willingly paying an American worker an American salary.

MisterVeritis
04-11-2019, 02:24 PM
They don't become skilled workers,. That's where the problem is. We can do without a floor sweepers but a machinist is part of the profit and not having one slows production and that slows profits. Not all skilled labor is college educated. My plumber makes 125,000 dollars a year.

Set your snobbery aside and wake up. Engineers can't build what they design. They'd be lost in the shop or the field. We need skilled labor and we don't have enough of it.

You're wrong about this. Every excuse you come up with will be wrong. While you are right about everything you still manage to be wrong about this. Learn before you teach.
When did you become a buffoon? H-2B is not skilled labor.

Captdon
04-11-2019, 02:25 PM
That was not the question. We do not need to bring in aliens to do work for us. We have plenty of laborers. We give them welfare so they do not have to work. Why turn it into a question of what will pass the Congress?

Yea, anyone can set up machines ,finish metal, do construction, repair a car, write computer code and so on.. What a snob and so little reason to be one.

Captdon
04-11-2019, 02:26 PM

He had to work race in somehow.

MisterVeritis
04-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Yea, anyone can set up machines ,finish metal, do construction, repair a car, write computer code and so on.. What a snob and so little reason to be one.
Are you drunk?

Peter1469
04-11-2019, 05:13 PM
I say guest worker.

Captdon
04-13-2019, 11:46 AM
He didn’t go crazy. He stated his view in a calm and rational way.

Read better. When I say it he didn't like it. Then he said it.

Luther
04-17-2019, 05:50 AM

Rightfully so?

You mean we have no one on Welfare rolls?

Luther
04-17-2019, 05:54 AM
Does the Captain forget America is the greatest country on earth?

With that being said, why is there a shortage of the "Skilled labor" you're ranting about?

Maybe we need to focus on that instead of importing Foreign labor?

What do ya think Captain?(LOL)