PDA

View Full Version : FDR's Coup

MisterVeritis
04-13-2019, 09:40 PM
FDR overthrew the US Constitution.

Between roughly 1936 and 1943 FDR and a fearful, feckless Supreme Court turn the Constitutional limited government into a post-Constitutional, unlimited government.

It was a coup.

I do not believe the nation can recover. I had hopes that we would try to save the nation by amending the Constitution through its fifth article. After five years of effort we are less than half way there.

Tonight I have started researching methods we still have to act as adversaries to an unconstrained, lawless federal government. We need to throw our sabots into the machinery of the federal government at every opportunity.

If we do not it is over.

I will do what I can to draw lessons from earlier resistance movements. The hour is very late and our need is dire.

Peter1469
04-14-2019, 05:02 AM
I think to two main parties will send us into a crash. We rebuild then.

MisterVeritis
04-14-2019, 12:21 PM
I think to two main parties will send us into a crash. We rebuild then.
What comes after won't be a free nation.

Peter1469
04-14-2019, 01:18 PM
What comes after won't be a free nation.

I disagree. It is when we get our Article V convention; or we devolve into localism. Or localism first, then Article V.

MisterVeritis
04-14-2019, 01:20 PM
I disagree. It is when we get our Article V convention; or we devolve into localism. Or localism first, then Article V.
We can disagree. I hope you are right.

Mini Me
04-14-2019, 02:21 PM

Between roughly 1936 and 1943 FDR and a fearful, feckless Supreme Court turn the Constitutional limited government into a post-Constitutional, unlimited government.

It was a coup.

I do not believe the nation can recover. I had hopes that we would try to save the nation by amending the Constitution through its fifth article. After five years of effort we are less than half way there.

HA HA! Thread fail! "
Tonight I have started researching methods we still have to act as adversaries to an unconstrained, lawless federal government. We need to throw our sabots into the machinery of the federal government at every opportunity.

If we do not it is over.

I will do what I can to draw lessons from earlier resistance movements. The hour is very late and our need is dire.
"Unconstrained, lawless government" with Trump and GOP running the show! Hahahaha THREAD FAIL!

Mini Me
04-14-2019, 02:22 PM
I thought you were a Nationalist!

MisterVeritis
04-14-2019, 02:26 PM
"Unconstrained, lawless government" with Trump and GOP running the show! Hahahaha THREAD FAIL!
I do not expect someone like you to understand the nature of the changes and why they represent a serious problem. The coup, a successful coup, occurred during the period beginning in roughly 1936 and ending in roughly 1943. The coup plotters were FDR and the Three Musketeers (Brandeis, Stone, and Cardoza).

The coup was completely successful.

Changing out one President and even one Congress cannot undo the damage as the damage was essentially total.

Peter1469
04-14-2019, 05:49 PM
I thought you were a Nationalist!

Yes. What has you confused?

Peter1469
04-14-2019, 05:50 PM
I do not expect someone like you to understand the nature of the changes and why they represent a serious problem. The coup, a successful coup, occurred during the period beginning in roughly 1936 and ending in roughly 1943. The coup plotters were FDR and the Three Musketeers (Brandeis, Stone, and Cardoza).

The coup was completely successful.

Changing out one President and even one Congress cannot undo the damage as the damage was essentially total.
Don't forget the 17th Amendment and the damage it did.

MisterVeritis
04-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Don't forget the 17th Amendment and the damage it did.
I never do. Converting the Constitution from an instrument of limited powers to unlimited powers ends us. Popular election of Senators simply speeds up our eventual demise.

donttread
04-14-2019, 06:34 PM

It was a coup.

If we do not it is over.

Civil Disobedience?

MisterVeritis
04-14-2019, 06:41 PM
Civil Disobedience?
Monkey-wrenching.