PDA

View Full Version : Fox News' credibility has fallen 9 percent in the past two years

Cigar
02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130207-ppp-poll-fox-news-credibility-hits-record-low.jpg

Fox News' credibility has fallen 9 percent in the past two years, according to new Public Policy Polling (PPP) results released on Wednesday.

The annual poll asks participants to rate their trust in multiple networks including Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, Comedy Central, ABC News, CBS News and NBC News. According to PPP's press release:

Just like its actual ratings, Fox News has hit a record low in the four years that we've been doing this poll. 41% of voters trust it to 46% who do not. To put those numbers into some perspective the first time we did this poll, in 2010, 49% of voters trusted it to 37% who did not.

Just like last year, researchers also found that Fox News is both the least trusted and most trusted network when compared to the other networks in the survey. Thirty-four percent said they trust Fox News the most, while 39 percent said they trust it the least.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/06/fox-news-credibility-low-poll_n_2632084.html

How many of you are still getting your political education from Fox?

Cigar
02-07-2013, 01:19 PM
So does this Post count as Spam if the Neo-Nuts are afraid to discuss the truth?

Conley
02-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Most people will probably take it that way unless you take the time to share your thoughts about the article.

Cigar
02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
For as long as Obama has been President, I have been posting numerous examples, believe me it's all live on YouTube, of Fox News giving false reporting. It's like ... where do you start ... and do you really need to be convinced of the obvious.

Well I guess not ... the biggest example was Election Night ... I never seen a National Network Meltdown in real time, but it was classic Fox.

Cigar
02-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Most people will probably take it that way unless you take the time to share your thoughts about the article.

Ever hear of the saying ...

a picture is worth a thousand words :grin:

Cigar
02-07-2013, 02:35 PM
"O'Reilly needs a better research team"; Accuses NBC of not covering drones to protect Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I3wRT6sms8&feature=player_embedded

"Remember the outcry about waterboarding? You know, everybody jumping up and down? Uh, NBC News, I thought they were going to, like, melt down over there. You heard anything on NBC about the drones?"

It wasn't a rhetorical question. O'Reilly proceeded to insist that NBC News hasn't covered the drones story -- a detail he confirmed, he said, with his "staff" -- and spent several minutes condemning NBC News for the network's professional negligence.

The host added that NBC refuses to cover the drones story "because they are protecting" President Obama.

Um, Bill? NBC News broke the drones story. I know this because NBC News' Michael Isikoff appeared on The Rachel Maddow Show, which has covered the drones story for quite a while, to put the newest developments on the national radar.

In fact, the reason the drones story has generated national attention this week is, in large part, because NBC and MSNBC put the story on the front burner.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/02/07/16885910-oreilly-needs-a-better-research-team

I know personally; I watched Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O Donnell ... all back-2-back spend most of their TV segment talking about it.

Facts and the conservative commentary do not coexist easily.

JackRuby
02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Ever hear of the saying ...

a picture is worth a thousand words :grin:

They never had any credibility to begin with.

Jack

GrassrootsConservative
02-07-2013, 05:20 PM
They never had any credibility to begin with.

Jack

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, Jack.

Adelaide
02-07-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sure credibility within the entire industry is probably down quite a bit...

That said, Fox does sound pretty bad but since we don't have Fox, I can't really comment on first hand knowledge. The clips I have seen would suggest that they're fucking crazy, but most of those clips were provided by fellow Liberals and can probably be filed under "selective hearing/viewing". And from what I hear, MSNBC isn't much better.

JackRuby
02-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, Jack.

Yea, I lose sleep wondering if I have any credibility on a stupid online forum. Don't flatter yourself.

Jack who don't give a shit

Chris
02-07-2013, 08:42 PM
For as long as Obama has been President, I have been posting numerous examples, believe me it's all live on YouTube, of Fox News giving false reporting. It's like ... where do you start ... and do you really need to be convinced of the obvious.

Well I guess not ... the biggest example was Election Night ... I never seen a National Network Meltdown in real time, but it was classic Fox.

Serious question, why do you watch it or pay it any mind? I think most understand the media is biased.

Private Pickle
02-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Serious question, why do you watch it or pay it any mind? I think most understand the media is biased.

What else would he post on if he didn't have Fox News?

Chris
02-07-2013, 08:56 PM
What else would he post on if he didn't have Fox News?

Well, he could post love letters to Maddow. That would be interesting!

Private Pickle
02-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Well, he could post love letters to Maddow. That would be interesting!

Now you're talking!

Cigar
02-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Fox News Claims Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany

Thanks to Fox News and its expert commentators, millions of Americans now understand the real, hidden reason why Germany's solar-energy industry is so much further along than ours. Turns out it has nothing to do with the fact that Germany's government has long supported the industry far more generously, with policies like feed-in tariffs that stimulate investment in green technologies. No, the real reason is much simpler, explained a trio of journalists on Fox & Friends: It's always sunny in Germany!

"The industry's future looks dim," intoned host Gretchen Carlson at the beginning of the segment, which was preserved for posterity by the liberal blog Media Matters for America. She and her co-host went on to ridicule Obama's "failed" solar subsidies, adding, "The United States simply hasn't figured out how to do solar cheaply and effectively. You look at the country of Germany, it's working out great for them." Near the end of the segment, it occurred to Carlson to ask her expert guest, Fox Business reporter Shibani Joshi, why it might be that Germany's solar-power sector is doing so much better. "What was Germany doing correct? Are they just a smaller country, and that made it more feasible?" Carlson asked.

Joshi's jaw-dropping response:"They're a smaller country, and they've got lots of sun. Right? They've got a lot more sun than we do." In case that wasn't clear enough for some viewers, Joshi went on: "The problem is it's a cloudy day and it's raining, you're not gonna have it." Sure, California might get sun now and then, Joshi conceded, "but here on the East Coast, it's just not going to work'

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot _more_sun_than_we_do_video.html

BTW Dumb-Shit ... Washington State gets a lot more Sun than Germany.

Germany is around Hudson's Bay Latitude you Fucking Science Challenged Idiot.

... stay tuned ... Fox News will show us more examples next week.

JackRuby
02-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Fox News Claims Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany

Thanks to Fox News and its expert commentators, millions of Americans now understand the real, hidden reason why Germany's solar-energy industry is so much further along than ours. Turns out it has nothing to do with the fact that Germany's government has long supported the industry far more generously, with policies like feed-in tariffs that stimulate investment in green technologies. No, the real reason is much simpler, explained a trio of journalists on Fox & Friends: It's always sunny in Germany!

"The industry's future looks dim," intoned host Gretchen Carlson at the beginning of the segment, which was preserved for posterity by the liberal blog Media Matters for America. She and her co-host went on to ridicule Obama's "failed" solar subsidies, adding, "The United States simply hasn't figured out how to do solar cheaply and effectively. You look at the country of Germany, it's working out great for them." Near the end of the segment, it occurred to Carlson to ask her expert guest, Fox Business reporter Shibani Joshi, why it might be that Germany's solar-power sector is doing so much better. "What was Germany doing correct? Are they just a smaller country, and that made it more feasible?" Carlson asked.

Joshi's jaw-dropping response:"They're a smaller country, and they've got lots of sun. Right? They've got a lot more sun than we do." In case that wasn't clear enough for some viewers, Joshi went on: "The problem is it's a cloudy day and it's raining, you're not gonna have it." Sure, California might get sun now and then, Joshi conceded, "but here on the East Coast, it's just not going to work'

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot _more_sun_than_we_do_video.html

BTW Dumb-Shit ... Washington State gets a lot more Sun than Germany.

Germany is around Hudson's Bay Latitude you Fucking Science Challenged Idiot.

... stay tuned ... Fox News will show us more examples next week.

I love the justification that FAUX News viewers give for watching...... "It gives you the other side of the story." Other side of the story? Well, the so called "liberal media" doesn't even give you the real story so FAUX gives you another lie to counter the original lie. But by God and everyhting that is holy, it's damned good theatre.

Jack

Cigar
02-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Bill O The Clown was suppose to apologize yesterday ... but guess what ... he doubled down on Stupid.

Imagine that ...

JackRuby
02-08-2013, 08:50 AM

I cannot speak for cigar breath but probably because of their pitch where "we report and you decide." "Fair and Balanced" is always a good punchline also. I would rather they just say look we are here to entertain with hyperbole hoping we can match blows with that evil liberal media. That would at least be semi honest.

Jack

Cigar
02-08-2013, 08:55 AM

I like calling out Bull-Shit when I see and hear it ... it's like a sport, and it pisses off lemmings.

JackRuby
02-08-2013, 09:15 AM
I like calling out Bull-Shit when I see and hear it ... it's like a sport, and it pisses off lemmings.

Cigar Breath some people just don't know any better and or need something to believe in even if it's not based on reality. Satisfies some twisted need.

Jack (Former Cigar Smoker)

Cigar
02-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Cigar Breath some people just don't know any better and or need something to believe in even if it's not based on reality. Satisfies some twisted need.

Jack (Former Cigar Smoker)

I watch all the news channels ... just to get a perspective.

Some people refuse to watch certain program because that don't want a perspective.

(Former Cigarette Smoker)

Chris
02-08-2013, 09:48 AM

Everyone knows it's bullshit. It's just entertainment.

Chris
02-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I watch all the news channels ... just to get a perspective.

Some people refuse to watch certain program because that don't want a perspective.

(Former Cigarette Smoker)

That explains your bullshit perspective, only thing you'll ever get out of bullshit is bullshit.

Cigar
02-08-2013, 11:22 AM
That explains your bullshit perspective, only thing you'll ever get out of bullshit is bullshit.

Wow ... with Leadership Contributions like that ... I can clearly see why you were given the privilege and earn respect.

Cigar
02-08-2013, 11:24 AM
The good news is that the more conscious you are of these techniques, the less likely they are to work on you. The bad news is that those reading this article are probably the least in need in of it.

1. Panic Mongering. This goes one step beyond simple fear mongering. With panic mongering, there is never a break from the fear. The idea is to terrify and terrorize the audience during every waking moment. From Muslims to swine flu to recession to homosexuals to immigrants to the rapture itself, the belief over at Fox seems to be that if your fight-or-flight reflexes aren’t activated, you aren’t alive. This of course raises the question: why terrorize your own audience? Because it is the fastest way to bypasses the rational brain. In other words, when people are afraid, they don’t think rationally. And when they can’t think rationally, they’ll believe anything.

2. Character Assassination/Ad Hominem. Fox does not like to waste time debating the idea. Instead, they prefer a quicker route to dispensing with their opponents: go after the person’s credibility, motives, intelligence, character, or, if necessary, sanity. No category of character assassination is off the table and no offense is beneath them. Fox and like-minded media figures also use ad hominem attacks not just against individuals, but entire categories of people in an effort to discredit the ideas of every person who is seen to fall into that category, e.g. “liberals,” “hippies,” “progressives” etc. This form of argument – if it can be called that – leaves no room for genuine debate over ideas, so by definition, it is undemocratic. Not to mention just plain crass.

3. Projection/Flipping. This one is frustrating for the viewer who is trying to actually follow the argument. It involves taking whatever underhanded tactic you’re using and then accusing your opponent of doing it to you first. We see this frequently in the immigration discussion, where anti-racists are accused of racism, or in the climate change debate, where those who argue for human causes of the phenomenon are accused of not having science or facts on their side. It’s often called upon when the media host finds themselves on the ropes in the debate.

4. Rewriting History. This is another way of saying that propagandists make the facts fit their worldview. The Downing Street Memos on the Iraq war were a classic example of this on a massive scale, but it happens daily and over smaller issues as well. A recent case in point is Palin’s mangling of the Paul Revere ride, which Fox reporters have bent over backward to validate. Why lie about the historical facts, even when they can be demonstrated to be false? Well, because dogmatic minds actually find it easier to reject reality than to update their viewpoints. They will literally rewrite history if it serves their interests. And they’ll often speak with such authority that the casual viewer will be tempted to question what they knew as fact.

9 MORE...

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2011/07/14-propaganda-techniques-fox-news-uses-to-brainwash-americans/

Chris
02-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Wow ... with Leadership Contributions like that ... I can clearly see why you were given the privilege and earn respect.

I'm not a leader. But thanks for the compliment.

Chris
02-08-2013, 11:26 AM
The good news is that the more conscious you are of these techniques, the less likely they are to work on you. The bad news is that those reading this article are probably the least in need in of it.

1. Panic Mongering. This goes one step beyond simple fear mongering. With panic mongering, there is never a break from the fear. The idea is to terrify and terrorize the audience during every waking moment. From Muslims to swine flu to recession to homosexuals to immigrants to the rapture itself, the belief over at Fox seems to be that if your fight-or-flight reflexes aren’t activated, you aren’t alive. This of course raises the question: why terrorize your own audience? Because it is the fastest way to bypasses the rational brain. In other words, when people are afraid, they don’t think rationally. And when they can’t think rationally, they’ll believe anything.

2. Character Assassination/Ad Hominem. Fox does not like to waste time debating the idea. Instead, they prefer a quicker route to dispensing with their opponents: go after the person’s credibility, motives, intelligence, character, or, if necessary, sanity. No category of character assassination is off the table and no offense is beneath them. Fox and like-minded media figures also use ad hominem attacks not just against individuals, but entire categories of people in an effort to discredit the ideas of every person who is seen to fall into that category, e.g. “liberals,” “hippies,” “progressives” etc. This form of argument – if it can be called that – leaves no room for genuine debate over ideas, so by definition, it is undemocratic. Not to mention just plain crass.

3. Projection/Flipping. This one is frustrating for the viewer who is trying to actually follow the argument. It involves taking whatever underhanded tactic you’re using and then accusing your opponent of doing it to you first. We see this frequently in the immigration discussion, where anti-racists are accused of racism, or in the climate change debate, where those who argue for human causes of the phenomenon are accused of not having science or facts on their side. It’s often called upon when the media host finds themselves on the ropes in the debate.

4. Rewriting History. This is another way of saying that propagandists make the facts fit their worldview. The Downing Street Memos on the Iraq war were a classic example of this on a massive scale, but it happens daily and over smaller issues as well. A recent case in point is Palin’s mangling of the Paul Revere ride, which Fox reporters have bent over backward to validate. Why lie about the historical facts, even when they can be demonstrated to be false? Well, because dogmatic minds actually find it easier to reject reality than to update their viewpoints. They will literally rewrite history if it serves their interests. And they’ll often speak with such authority that the casual viewer will be tempted to question what they knew as fact.

9 MORE...

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2011/07/14-propaganda-techniques-fox-news-uses-to-brainwash-americans/

All mainstream media does that. So? Why watch it?

Cigar
02-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm not a leader. But thanks for the compliment.

Trust me ... I would never confuse you with having any leadership abilities ... now go ahead and prove me correct.

Private Pickle
02-08-2013, 11:41 AM

Personally I like it when moderators speak the truth... I know that goes against your grain given you watch mainstream media to gather your perspectives...

Cigar
02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Personally I like it when moderators speak the truth... I know that goes against your grain given you watch mainstream media to gather your perspectives...

You are entitled to your opinion ...

Chris
02-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Trust me ... I would never confuse you with having any leadership abilities ... now go ahead and prove me correct.

So how you doing today, cigar? Going golfing later, is the weather warm enough up near Chitown?

Cigar
02-08-2013, 11:52 AM
So how you doing today, cigar? Going golfing later, is the weather warm enough up near Chitown?

Wanted to take my niece sledding … but there’s not enough Snow.

Imagine that, Not Enough Snow in February

Chris
02-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Wanted to take my niece sledding … but there’s not enough Snow.

Imagine that, Not Enough Snow in February

I remember sledding. Glad it's a memory. Can't they make snow, should be cold enough up there.

JackRuby
02-08-2013, 01:18 PM
I remember sledding. Glad it's a memory. Can't they make snow, should be cold enough up there.

Are you in Texas?

Jack
Texas Assassian